Superman Returns is gonna make a billion dollars worldwide, watch.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FistOfThe North
Superman is what everyone wants to be. He rules. He owns, he can kick anyones arse, any one any one from Marvel, DC, Image, Dark Horse, Earth, Middle Earth, Goku and company. SUPERMAN CAN BEAT GOD!

Ultimate Hulk43
Please don't say that.NO ONE can beat GOD.You hear me?!DON'T EVER SAY THAT AGAIN YOU IDIOT!!HE CAN TAKE YOUR FORKIN' LIFE FORCE RIGHT NOW!!Get it?Got it.Done.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Ultimate Hulk43
Please don't say that.NO ONE can beat GOD.You hear me?!DON'T EVER SAY THAT AGAIN YOU IDIOT!!HE CAN TAKE YOUR FORKIN' LIFE FORCE RIGHT NOW!!Get it?Got it.Done.

You Idiot, God was scared of him. God handed over the Sword of Heaven after Superman broke the gates. Don't you think God would've done something about that type of disrespect.

Bow ..

Ultimate Hulk43
1.It's fantasy.

2.If GOD wanted to he could just kill Superman outfront.If you HONESTLY believe that if Superman were real he could kill GOD,you're a dumbass.Also,the DC writers tend to do some stupid ass mistakes and this was one of them.

FistOfThe North
1.It's fantasy.

2.If GOD wanted to he could just kill Superman outfront.If you HONESTLY believe that if Superman were real he could kill GOD,you're a dumbass.Also,the DC writers tend to do some stupid ass mistakes and this was one of them.

hehe, If your're pissed now, wait'll you see my next post.

I can't post now, but you'll see..

Ultimate Hulk43
I'm not pissed,I'm laughing at how stupid you are to think Superman can beat GOD.GOD created Superman,he could just as well destroy him or condem him to HELL.

FistOfThe North
I'm not pissed,I'm laughing at how stupid you are to think Superman can beat GOD.GOD created Superman,he could just as well destroy him or condem him to HELL.

God didn't create Superman? Krypton and Kryptonians fall way out of the realm of God's Empire. Do you know how far Krypton was? There was this one time i heard that it took Kal-El 40 years to get to earth, and thats with the cocoon going faster than anything on Earth has. That's fcuking far, dude..

Ultimate Hulk43
GOD created EVERYTHING.If you don't know that,you don't know shit.GOD created us and we created Superman,if it wasn't for him,NONE of us would exist.Also,he could make you disappear right now.And in the comics GOD created the Kryptonians too,nothing is just created by itself or formed by itself.

FistOfThe North
GOD created the Kryptonians

BS! Your a fool. Superman is a God, you know that? Superman is immortal. He's a deity.

And in what comic did you read that God created Krypton? Can you tell me what issue, day, year?

Ultimate Hulk43
It wasn't in a comics,it's a common fact and Superman is A God,not THE GOD.Just leave it alone man....just leave it alone.

FistOfThe North
to each his own. i just dont thing anyone or anything can defeat him..nothing. Cause he just reigns supreme and pwns all

mattador
Ok, chill out guys. I think what UH43 is saying is that Superman does kick lots of ass and he is one the greatest comic book heroes ever made, he is not God himself. He cannot burn in Hell because he is a fictional character. So please don't be dissing religions in here. smile

Ultimate Hulk43
I'm not,I'm just saying if it were real life it would be GOD who would have created him so it would be GOD who would be able to destroy him.

((The_Anomaly))
well actually YOU believe God created him. I dont believe in God so really it was Lara and Jor-El that created him, by having sex...lol

your whole argument depends on weather God exists or not, and thats a matter of opinion, and its not an opinion I agree with you on.

so no superman couldent beat God cause well, IF supes existed, there would still be no god, so he cant beat something that dosent exist.

as for everyone else, supes would pWn3dz0rd all of them..

and yes this movie is gonna make A LOT of money..

Ya Krunk'd Floo
I'm suffering from a little trepidation about posting in this forum with all you geeks and kids around, but I must admit that the trailer looks great. As soon as that music kicks in you get little spine-tingles...Is it Brando doing the voice-over part as Kal-El's pappy? Anyway, when he floats up above the Earth it looks incredible.

Here's the link for the trailer, if you haven't already seen it...

'Superman Returns' Trailer

DarkCrawler
1.It's fantasy.

It's not like God has been proved to be real, anyway.

So who created God?

roughrider
Superman could kill God is one of the most insulting things I have read on this forum. Just shut it with that crap, FOTN. F**khead.

Adam Warlock
Sentry would kick Superman's ass.

http://www.wizarduniverse.com/magazines/wizard/WZ20051117-lms.cfm

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by roughrider
Superman could kill God is one of the most insulting things I have read on this forum.

You have seen nothing. wink

Maybe he can kill the God of DC Comics...

brainchild81
Originally posted by Adam Warlock
Sentry would kick Superman's ass.

http://www.wizarduniverse.com/magazines/wizard/WZ20051117-lms.cfm With ease.

DarkCrawler
Not with ease, really.

pr1983
I think it will be successful, in the war revenge of the sith was... people go to see it because its superman on screen, even i will, hoping against hope that its a good movie...

lots of money does not a good movie make...

Adam Warlock
I say 300 million domestically, and around 600 million worldwide.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by pr1983
I think it will be successful, in the war revenge of the sith was... people go to see it because its superman on screen, even i will, hoping against hope that its a good movie...

lots of money does not a good movie make...

If that was a Yoda impersonation then that was the worst I've ever heard, lol. That would make even Yoda say "WTF did you say?" If it was an impersonation. I'm assuming it was, merely because you mentioned "Revenge of the Sith".

laughing out loud

pr1983
actually no... it wasnt... messed

yoda would be...

"make a good movie, lots of money does not..."

brainchild81
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Not with ease, really. laughing as long as it gets kicked, I'm happy.

NINExNINE
I say 300 million domestically, and around 600 million worldwide.

I agree with this estimation, It's going to do really well, maybe a little above that even. Overall, I think the movie is going to surprise everyone.

FistOfThe North
It'll definetely smack Spiderman 1. And ***** slap Spiderman 2.

redcaped
I have never seen Superman on the big screen, but I'm glad. I remember seeing x-men 1 and 2. The reason I am here is to say thanks for having Superman ON the big screen with this advance generation. Thanks again.

Drache53
One thing, Superman is not a God, he is a Kryptonian. Another thing, it is my understanding Batman's kicked Supes ass many times, (not to mention all the other times Lex has handed Clark his own ass) so NO, Supes cannot beat anybody.

Lastly, "lots of money does not a good movie make..." is NOT Yoda impersonation. The movie is gonna be good though.

Adam Warlock
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
It'll definetely smack Spiderman 1. And ***** slap Spiderman 2.

Superman's gonna have to stretch to reach Spidey's worldwide box office grosses.

The first one made around 800 million worldwide. The second one made nearly 800 million worldwide.

Padawanyoda01
Superman is what everyone wants to be. He rules. He owns, he can kick anyones arse, any one any one from Marvel, DC

Read Batman:The Dark Knight Returns Batman pretty much got the upperhand on Superman. Anyways this probaly will make alot of money but make billions even over Spider-Man? Maybe not but who knows.

Drache53
My point exactly.

Blair Wind
these people can beat superman

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t382765.html

he is THE icon, yes, but he he is not unbeatable....and I have to agree with ultimate hulk, while this is comics, God is what created everything....period....just because you dont think he exists, doesnt mean he doesnt....

redcaped
Is out of the question. Spiderman is the most popular marvel character and never had a movie before. Superman had appeared on both movies television and for that it is an old subject.

Jedi Shmedi
To quote Bryan Singer, If you we're to go out in the middle of some foreign 3rd world country with the cross in one hand and the Superman "S" in the other, their would be 50/50 recognition, you couldn't do that with Spiderman or Batman.

(well, at least not superheroes named after common animals wink)

iceman7
Umm, I think we were all created from stardust...so hello dust.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Drache53
One thing, Superman is not a God, he is a Kryptonian. Another thing, it is my understanding Batman's kicked Supes ass many times, (not to mention all the other times Lex has handed Clark his own ass) so NO, Supes cannot beat anybody.

Lastly, "lots of money does not a good movie make..." is NOT Yoda impersonation. The movie is gonna be good though. Actually, Superman is a God. He's an Immortal Deity. Batman kicking Superman's ass many times sounds fishy. And Lex could never beat Superman. So yes. Superman can beat anybody. But I digress.

If Superman Returns won't make the Billion world-wide, which I know it will, It will still be the highest grossing film in 2005, whether it's a good movie or not. I declare it now. About 5-6 months before the film's launch.

Adam Warlock

If Superman Returns won't make the Billion world-wide, which I know it will, It will still be the highest grossing film in 2005, whether it's a good movie or not. I declare it now. About 5-6 months before the film's launch.

2005? Doesn't the Superman movie come out in 06?

FistOfThe North
2005? Doesn't the Superman movie come out in 06?

My bad. I meant 2006.

redcaped
SSSS$uperman? You never know...

Blair Wind
Actually, Superman is a God. He's an Immortal Deity. Batman kicking Superman's ass many times sounds fishy. And Lex could never beat Superman. So yes. Superman can beat anybody. But I digress.

What the f**k? hes a kryptonian....are you saying all kryptonians are Gods? then why are they all dead? Batman has kicked his ass, Doomsday KILLED him, Green Lantern and Flash could both kick his ass....so NO Superman cannot beat ANYBODY.....

Drache53
I was gonna repost to that unfathomable repost FOTN made, but Blair Wind pretty much covered it for me. Thank you, voice of reason!

steverules
I just saw the first page off this thread. Superman beat God.............HA HA HA HA HA HA HA. That'll be the day. Superman can get beaten by a little piece of rock, Jesus would turn kryptonite into bread and thats Jesus not God. Superman can't heal the blind but Jesus can, superman can't bring people back to life but Jesus can....need I go on.

NoFate007
1. Superman is the god of the comics in a way, but he is not what "supposedly" created the universe and all life.
2. There's no way in hell Superman Returns is going to make a billion dollars. Worldwide there is a better shot than in the US naturally, but I still doubt it.

steverules
1) Yeah kinda, but Thor from Marvel is an actual God. But superman has beaten Thor.
2) I agree that the new superman movie won't make billions, but I do think that it might make alot if it does all the right things.

Mr Parker
I sure got a lot of great entertainment from the sparring that was going on here between you two kiddies fist of north and ultimate hulk,get it going again. laughing

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Blair Wind
What the f**k? hes a kryptonian....are you saying all kryptonians are Gods? then why are they all dead? Batman has kicked his ass, Doomsday KILLED him, Green Lantern and Flash could both kick his ass....so NO Superman cannot beat ANYBODY.....

Superman was obviously the Chosen one. He was the last son of Krypton.

I also say he's a God because he is and he's immortal too, thanks to our sun.

And Kryptonians died due to a stoppable cataclysm the current Superman would've prevented. Superman brought back Krypton and all Kryptonians anyway.

And Superman has kicked Batman's ass. And Superman killed Doomsday. And Flash kicking Superman's ass please man. GL has the Ring thats why. So yes.

And Mr. Parker, there are no kiddies here bud, so get it right before you get it wrong. (como siempre)

Padawanyoda01

And Kryptonians died due to a stoppable cataclysm the current Superman would've prevented. Superman brought back Krypton and all Kryptonians anyway.

And Superman has kicked Batman's ass. And Superman killed Doomsday. And Flash kicking Superman's ass please man. GL has the Ring thats why. So yes.

And Mr. Parker, there are no kiddies here bud, so get it right before you get it wrong. (como siempre)

Since when has Superman ever beaten Batman, and Superman didn't kill Doomsday someone else did, but Doomsday might not even be dead. Also he has weaknesses such as Kryptonite and Magic.

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by Padawanyoda01
Since when has Superman ever beaten Batman, and Superman didn't kill Doomsday someone else did, but Doomsday might not even be dead. Also he has weaknesses such as Kryptonite and Magic.

Supes recently under Max Lords control hospitalised Batman
Supes has killed Doomsday twice if you include "Hunter Prey"
Supes weakness to both of these is reducing all the time due to the storage of sunlight in his cells increasing.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Padawanyoda01

I hesitated a while, looking at your post, thinking about whether I should respond to the unworthynessness of it just cause, and I obviously did because you sound miserably and pathetically misinformed and I felt a little bad about that and you.

If you honestly think Superman has never defeated Batman then you haven't picked up a comic in quite some time, most noticeably between the times of 2000-2005.

*cue condescending voice - Superman didn't kill Doomsday? Someone else did? Who did? It's ok tell us...(softly pats top of head)

And who doesn't have weaknesses, I never protested that fact. Why even bring it up.

Blair Wind

the Chosen One of who? confused I wont refute the fact that he is virtually immortal, but that in and of itself does not make one a god....plus superman doesnt have powers like that on Krypton does he? no he is dependent on the our yellow sun....Flash could kick his ass if written properly, go to the very thread in this forum that says so you'll find pics of Flashes stealing his speed....Flash is too fast for him....but still comparing Superman to God is blasphemy....Superman is and always will be the greatest Super hero....he is the ultimate Icon....that does not however equate to being a God.....and to the fact that he has a weakness...a true God (the one and only) has none.....period...

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Blair Wind
the Chosen One of who? confused

Flash could kick his ass if written properly, go to the very thread in this forum that says so you'll find pics of Flashes stealing his speed....Flash is too fast for him....

but still comparing Superman to God is blasphemy....Superman is and always will be the greatest Super hero....he is the ultimate Icon....that does not however equate to being a God.....and to the fact that he has a weakness...a true God (the one and only) has none.....period...

That Superman was the last son of Krypton, destined to Earth to defend mankind from the ills of evil, makes him the "Chosen One". He is Earth's destined protector.

And I said Superman is "A God". Not the One in heaven. And it's been known that some Gods do have weaknesses. Even true Gods. It mainly depends on what your beliefs are because you'd have no case against an atheist or agnostic point of view.

Drache53
Superman only has his powers as long as he's under a yellow sun, right? Is that how the story goes? So as long as he's under a yellow sun, he's a god, but when he's not under a yellow sun, he's just a Kryptonian? Kinda weird if you as me.

As for Doomsday, Superman did NOT kill him. He send him to the end of time and entropy ate his rocky ass. Then Brainiac got ahold of him and he stomped Supes ass again. Knocked him out and threw him through a f***ing plane! So Superman can be beaten. (Softly pats top of head)

Blair Wind
he did kill doomsday....and doomsday killed him, it was a double ko death....but your talking about another event....

FistOfThe North
So as long as he's under a yellow sun, he's a god, but when he's not under a yellow sun, he's just a Kryptonian? Kinda weird if you as me.

As for Doomsday, Superman did NOT kill him. He send him to the end of time and entropy ate his rocky ass. Then Brainiac got ahold of him and he stomped Supes ass again. Knocked him out and threw him through a f***ing plane! So Superman can be beaten. (Softly pats top of head)

(Quickly grabs D's wrist, clutches it and flings it away)

Hey, bud, when Superman is not under a yellow Sun he still pwns if you didn't know. Have you ever heard of the cellular/solar power reserves he has inside his body from solar intake that can last years without the Sun's exposure?

As for Doomsday, I was talking about the "Death of Superman" comic where Superman killed Doomsday. (and v/v)

So what if the Brainiac threw Superman through a plane W0W! That's quite a beating I would say. Superman may've even broke something.. haha, like that's really gonna harm Superman, c'mon. And your saying he lost cause of that?

(kicks him in the ass) lol

Bardock42
Well at least he won't make the billions off of me.... no expression
Maybe if the costume wouldn't look so unbelievably gay (and I don't mean happy)

Drache53
He knocked Superman the f** out, THEN threw him through a mother f***ing plane. I don't know about you, but where I'm from if someone gets knocked out, I consider that being beaten. *ponders a moment* How bout we look up the definition of knock out shall we?

Here's one definition of knock out: make somebody unconscious by hitting: to cause somebody to lose consciousness by striking him or her.

Thus he lost the fight. He was beaten. I'm not saying being thrown through a plane hurt him, I'm pointing out the fact that he was unconscious when it happened. (pats head softly again) hah

Geez, the way some of you people talk, Supes could take a direct hit from a Kryptonite meteor and laugh it off. *shakes head*

FistOfThe North
He knocked Superman the f** out, THEN threw him through a mother f***ing plane.

I'm not saying being thrown through a plane hurt him, I'm pointing out the fact that he was unconscious when it happened.

Geez, the way some of you people talk, Supes could take a direct hit from a Kryptonite meteor and laugh it off. *shakes head*

Well, I don't know how severe a knock out for you is when you say Superman got "knocked the fcuk out" Your making it sound like he got his ass super kicked. I hardly believe The Brainiac can beat the shit outta Supes like that but anyway. Unless you provide me with a link or that part by posting the comic page then you get props but until but until then i'm gonna reserve judgement cause you sound like your unnecessarily blowing up The Braniac out of your spite for Superman.

Your not saying being thrown from a plane hurt him? It sure sounded like it when you wrote, and this is verbatim (exact wording) "threw him through a f***ing plane!" You didn't emphasize his claimed knock out/ unconsciousness but you blow up the plane thing like The Braniac's ill, truthfully, I think the Brainiac sucks to me and couldn't of pulled that off. And I'm starting to believe that you indeed may be making shit up.

The way some people talk? I'm not saying Superman hasn't any weakness. Your the one blowing up 2nd rate villains in spite of Superman. Look, if Superman were to get hit by a Kryptonian meteor then IMO it might be over for him depending on the size of the meteor. I don't think he's invincible, I just think he the most un-fcuckwith-able dude there is, thats all.

((The_Anomaly))
What is all this God talk for? its not blasphemy or any of that crap if one does not believe that God exists. So its all opinion.

But at any rate lets stop with the Superman vs. God crap, its utterly ridiculous and has no point what so ever.

HigH ScholaR
Superman is what everyone wants to be. He rules. He owns, he can kick anyones arse, any one any one from Marvel, DC, Image, Dark Horse, Earth, Middle Earth, Goku and company. SUPERMAN CAN BEAT GOD!

WTFAUO= WHAT THE **** ARE YOU ON

middle earth (nothing to say)

GOD, GOD what are you 2 are you ****ing in love with superman, GOD created all delusional fanboy..........ofcourse its your opinion big grin

Drache53
I'll get your proof. I just so happen to have that particular comic.. Just not on me right now.. I'll be back tomorrow or Saturday with quotes from the comic itself. I vividly remember Supes saying something about being knocked out. Something like "It's the collision that wakes me up." Something like that. Like I said, I'll get the exact quote sometime before the weekend is up. And Brainiac was in Doomsday's body, thus he had the same powers as Doomsday, but with brains. I don't have spite for Supes, BTW, I like his red-caped arse, but it's just that I'm a little annoyed by people who blow his powers and invulnerability out of proportion (like the Wolvie fanboys, don't even get me started).

Drache53
Alright! I'm back with proof that Superman was indeed knocked out, thus beaten in a fight.

Doomday/Braniac(DD): As always, you fight valiantly, Kryptonian. Shall we see WHO you are so intent on protecting?

Supes: Back OFF.

DD: Interesting. An erratic heartbeat, irregular breathing... The whelp is barely alive. Tell me, Kryptonian. This life you struggle so hard to preserve? Your own progeny?

DD: Unlikely. Perhaps the child of someone close to you. Or even more likely-- --The child of a complete stranger. A typically weak, unaccomplished type on whose behalf you posture effectively.

*three pages later after DD/Braniac puts the baby in a new ventilator and monologues to a captured JLA*

Supes: *thinking* It's the wind that wakes me up. No. Not the wind exactly... I'm MOVING! How long was I out? Seconds? Minutes? Have to figure out where I am. Wanna stop, but body feels like jelly. Head's still spinning, so groggy... Can't-- A PLANE?! NO!

Supes: *thinking* Braniac WANTED this! Saw far enough to see the plane-- And plotted the course. No time to waste, Clark! Get your act together-- --And MOVE! Feels like I'm... Watching someone else do this. Like I'm... Detached. Must have a concussion. At least I can blow out the fire.

And there you go. Doomsday/Brainiac knocked Supes out (possibly giving him a concussion) and threw him through a plane. Thus proves that Superman CAN be beaten. ^.^

FistOfThe North
whoa..whoa. can you post the comic reference material?

And now it's Doomsday/Braniac that did this to him?

He must've not had his powers...reference please.

MattDay
Sounds like the usual fight with superman, gets winded then wins ultimately and he does, by kicking the living hell outta DD. That comic was okay btw, but DD wasnt gonna kill him again... c'mon lol

((The_Anomaly))
whoa..whoa. can you post the comic reference material?

And now it's Doomsday/Braniac that did this to him?

He must've not had his powers...reference please.

Must not have had his powers? Superman isnt Invincible man. He can be beaten. Especially if 2 of his most dangerous foes are fighting him.

Superman's been beaten on many more then one occasion.

Drache53
Superman: The Doomsday Wars. Book two of three.

Brainiac was in Doomsday's body, thus he had DD's powers. And Superman had his powers. He just so happened to get his ass handed to him on this occasion.

MattDay

Brainiac was in Doomsday's body, thus he had DD's powers. And Superman had his powers. He just so happened to get his ass handed to him on this occasion.

DD got his ass handed to him, "the weak will be shown true in the end" someone important said that lol

FistOfThe North

Thank you. I'll now look into your reference to see if it's what your talking about.

Mr Parker
Man this is so stupid that they are restarting the SUPERMAN movies.Unlike Batman,we dont need ANOTHER origin story SUPERMAN.With batman it was imperative to make Batman Begins because before that,there had never been a decent batman movie made so it imperative to make a batmammovie that did the cape crusader's character and his comic justice.With superman however,this it totally unnessary and stupid though because the 1978 superman movie is the best comicbook movie of all time.hands down no contest.it was very much loyal to the source material and a great film.No need to redo SUPERMAN.hollywood just never leanrs to quit mad reminds me of the james bond movies,they just keep coming and coming and coming with no end in sight. roll eyes (sarcastic)

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Mr Parker
Man this is so stupid that they are restarting the SUPERMAN movies.Unlike Batman,we dont need ANOTHER origin story SUPERMAN.With batman it was imperative to make Batman Begins because before that,there had never been a decent batman movie made so it imperative to make a batmammovie that did the cape crusader's character and his comic justice.With superman however,this it totally unnessary and stupid though because the 1978 superman movie is the best comicbook movie of all time.hands down no contest.it was very much loyal to the source material and a great film.No need to redo SUPERMAN.hollywood just never leanrs to quit mad reminds me of the james bond movies,they just keep coming and coming and coming with no end in sight. roll eyes (sarcastic)

No. No, we need a Superman movie for this new era. Mostly all comic movies out now in this day and age are good and look beautiful so why not bring the Ultimate Superhero in now that there is established confidence and evidence of good comic book movie making. Now is the perfect time to do it. Superman Returns will probably be better than the original movies for all we know and I think it will be, IMHO as much as I liked the originals.

Will you watch it? If you feel so strongly about it, then do go watch it. Stay at home and watch the one with Richard Pryor in it and wait for me to come back to KMC after the movie to tell you how sick Superman Returns was.

Ok?

Mr Parker
why? Simple.Its NOT needed.Nobody will be able to equal the performance Chris reeve gave as Supes and again,no need to make one when there has ALREADY been an excellent superman movie made.Again if it was the same case of Batman where all the batman movies made previously were all crap,then I would be elated about them trying to make a good superman movie but we already have TWO excellent superman movies so no need to try and restart it.Thats hollywood for you these days though.They never know when to quit.

Drache53
Now Mr. Parker, you honestly don't know if that new Supes guy will be worse or better than Reeves. He could be worse, he could be better. Same with the movie. And I was under the impression that they weren't making this an origin movie? Am I wrong? Tell me please.

JLobes
Dude, Chuck Norris would take superman AND god at the same time. Arguement over.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by JLobes
Dude, Chuck Norris would take superman AND god at the same time. Arguement over.

laughing

Not !

braz
1.It's fantasy.

ehh, chyea what u said mayn, i was raised as a roman catholic and the shyt that ur sayin dc writes, theyre literally going to hell from where i come from

FistOfThe North
I'll say that "Superman Returns" will make a billion dollars worldwide in 2006.

MattDay
God is as fictitious as a comic book character, so I'd go with supes!!!

redcaped
I want spectacular flying scenes with great views and not so fast like Batman Begins...could hardly spot his moves.

Femi32
It's not an origin movie. The movie takes place 6 years after Superman II. Supes returns to a world that has learned to live without him. Lois Lane is married to Perry White and has his child. Basically, Supes has to learn how to fit into the world again.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Femi32
It's not an origin movie. The movie takes place 6 years after Superman II.

I saw alot of origin orientatied scenes in the trailer. Maybe they're just flashbacks.

redcaped
Nobody wants two different Superman in their collection...what cha talking about?! The 2 first films look damn fake and boring.

Superherovandal
maybe cause they were made in the late 70's and early eighties! its definitely good for a movie of its time.

redcaped
More boring than fake...I support your thought.

FistOfThe North
A new Superman movie is due. Nuff said. And what better time than now.

The wait is almost over.

a month 3 weeks away.

redcaped
No Prbm count my $8.00

Grimm22
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
You have seen nothing. wink

Maybe he can kill the God of DC Comics...

?!? Wow if that ever happened I would just stop reading DC comics, right up front.

I mean in the Marvel universe we have already seen that god does exist and apparently likes to take the form of Jack "The King" Kirby.

As for DC, well we know that there is a hell (as seen in the World Without a Superman Arc) so there probobly is a heven to go with it and if there is a heven there is a god. So basicly in the DC universe there is a god obviously.

Also, I highly doubt that Superman would fight god considering that Superman is well you know Superman, the defender of good and freedom

Mr Parker
Originally posted by redcaped
Nobody wants two different Superman in their collection...what cha talking about?! The 2 first films look damn fake and boring.

errr no they dont.the specil effects still measure up to a lot of the special effects that are made today,granted the effects in the new movie look even more impressive but the special effects for superman 78 are still better than a lot of ones that you see in comicbook movies today.

Mr Parker
getting back to the topic,I dont think it will be that huge a money make as you predict North because it hasnt been promoted that well unlike batman 89 or spiderman was which was a huge factor of thier success at the box office back then.

MattDay
being a tad too hasty guys, this movie may only need to be released to make a huge amount at the boxoffice, it may have a slight flop but lets say the 4 month quota of box office taking will be immense and more than spiderman 2, but the 2 week quota of earnings will be less than spiderman 2 because of the advertising that spiderman got, but in the long run it could earn more from being passed round by word of mouth. It may not go like that but it could too.

FistOfThe North
getting back to the topic,I dont think it will be that huge a money make as you predict North because it hasnt been promoted that well unlike batman 89 or spiderman was which was a huge factor of thier success at the box office back then.

The marketing machine starts with tomorrow's new "Superman Returns" (S.R.) trailer that'll be presented before M:I:III.

May-June will be Superman's month.

They may not have promoted S.R. it as early as the Spidey and Bat flick(s), but it has an element of equal power. And that's the element of surprise.

S.R. has miraculously and successfully kept under wraps for so long that fans anticipation must be thorough the roof about now. I know mine is.

Hell, i'm going to go see M:I:III tommorow just to see the S.R. Trailer on the big screen just to quell my anticipation a bit.

I believe S.R. will make 1 billion dollars in theatres alone, worldwide, this year, 2006. Just the movie itself while any box office record "Spiderman" had gets the boot this summer, watch.

Dinalfos
I don't know. Word of mouth may kill this movie, as it looks terrible so far. And the rest of the world isn't going to drool over Superman.

Milkie
Superman is what everyone wants to be. He rules. He owns, he can kick anyones arse, any one any one from Marvel, DC, Image, Dark Horse, Earth, Middle Earth, Goku and company. SUPERMAN CAN BEAT GOD! http://img481.imageshack.us/img481/4720/luthoravatar3rf.gif

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Dinalfos
I don't know. Word of mouth may kill this movie, as it looks terrible so far. And the rest of the world isn't going to drool over Superman.

whatever. roll eyes (sarcastic) the trailer makes this movie look so amazingly good I am psyched for this movie.and this is coming from a guy who like I said in my thread,I didnt plan on initially seeing this movie because unlike with batman begins,I did not feel another superman movie was nessessay.and because superman 1 and 2 were so great,however after seeing the trailer this movie looks like it may even be better than supes 78

Big Sexy
I don't know about this movie. Its kind of hard making another movie where lex is the villian and in society at the moment Supermans popularity is not as good as Batmans or Spidermans when it comes to this generation of kids.

Femi32
Originally posted by Big Sexy
I don't know about this movie. Its kind of hard making another movie where lex is the villian and in society at the moment Supermans popularity is not as good as Batmans or Spidermans when it comes to this generation of kids.

Batman and Spiderman are very popular characters. If Supes is behind them, is it really that bad?

Mr Parker
agreed,true Supes is not near as popular of a character as spidey and bats are but I dont see how thats a bad thing.If the movie is good,that wont matter.What DOES matter is it seems to getting poorly promoted just like Batman Begins was and because of that,probably will suffer the same fate as Batman Begins did at the box office and not perform so well which is unfortunate because just like Begins,this one looks like a great comicbook film as well. sad Man that pisses me off,why is it the poorly done comicbook films get so greatly promoted but the really great comicbook films such as Batman Begins gets poorly promoted. mad theres just no justice. sad mad mad

FistOfThe North
Supes is not nearly popular a character as Spiderman is.... ok

Anyway, why am I surprised by that fallacy when it's coming from you? lol

redcaped
Director Bryan Singer makes no bones about it_Batman is dark and gritty, Wolverine is the outlaw hero and Spider-Man is the everyman. But Superman is the hero. "He's the greatest superheroe ever created,"Singer says plainly. "He's the strongest, the most powerful, he has a very strong opinion on what's right and what's wrong. And as an American he's sort of the ultimate immigrant; he wears his special heritage with pride. For those reasons he appeals to me. He's my favorite superheroe." And when Singer launches "Superman Returns" into theaters on June 30, he plans to make you feel the same way.

FistOfThe North
Classically executed.

Mr Parker
Supes is not nearly popular a character as Spiderman is.... ok

Anyway, why am I surprised by that fallacy when it's coming from you? lol

No he isnt.Superman is much more well known than Spider-Man is but he is not near as popular.Big difference there.The proof thats in the pudding on that is spidey has his own comic in major newspapers across the country,supes doesnt. reason being is spidey has become more popular over the years where Supermans popularity has dwendled drastically.

MattDay
yea that's true spidey is more popular... but it may change as he has cornered the film market, beating x men in box office hits, but superman is returning (excuse the pun) and may bring the superman name back to the top, just wait and see guys... smile

FistOfThe North
Yea, noticed how Spidey became more "popular" after the films. Wait till the Superman films hit.

Mr Parker
The movies have nothing to do with spideys popularity.as I already said,he was much more popular than supes even before the first movie came out because as I said,he had his own comicstrip in major newspapers across the country.Now if your saying that when superman comes out,his MOVIES could be more popular than spidermans,you might be right about that because after SM3 comes out next summer,the eagerness for moviegoers to go see another spiderman movie after sm 3 will dwindel especially since they would really be pushing it if they made a spiderman 4.They would be smart to end it with a trilogy but they wont,they'll make another one until it stops making a lot of money at the box office. which hopefully will happen when SM3 comes out.

redcaped
This new Superman I believe will have a great success. For the first time, they focus more on the character rather than story.

FistOfThe North
Spidey is much more popular than Superman is,.. what ever dude. You kidding me? Superman is currently the most popular superhero on the planet, movie or not, what the hell are you talking about.

Because Spiderman has comic strips in newspapers makes him more popular than Superman? With respects, that's just dumb.

redcaped
up Up and awaaaaaay

redcaped
Away I will stay. Enjoy Superman Returns everyone. The sun is closer during this summer and I intent to give myself a good charge. Oh, just saw it and he's nearly in space right above United States...I can see Florida and the whole thing!

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by redcaped
Away I will stay. Enjoy Superman Returns everyone. The sun is closer during this summer and I intent to give myself a good charge. Oh, just saw it and he's nearly in space right above United States...I can see Florida and the whole thing!

lol ok?

You sound just as anxious to not see it as you are to see it...

Besides, what will you do when the sun goes down at dusk? You can see it then.

redcaped
I'll be away...when the sun goes down. You will see that. Down to Earth. Did you see him like I did?

MattDay
random

redcaped
No...it's Brandon Routh. I was telling you about the theater poster.

FistOfThe North
I just saw a third "Superman Returns" trailer just before "X3" started. It looked even better. The effects looked godly.

Mindship
I just saw a third "Superman Returns" trailer just before "X3" started. It looked even better. The effects looked godly.

I have to agree. More and more the trailers are turning me around...even hearing Brandon (?) speaking...man, I think this is gonna work (despite the costume changes).

Mr Parker
Spidey is much more popular than Superman is,.. what ever dude. You kidding me? Superman is currently the most popular superhero on the planet, movie or not, what the hell are you talking about.

Because Spiderman has comic strips in newspapers makes him more popular than Superman? With respects, that's just dumb.

Your living in a fantasy world dude.spidey is easily the most popular comicbook character around.spidey and bats are both more popular than superman.Not as well known but definetely more popular.Just look at the box office take that spiderman made.There was never a doubt in my mind that spidey would become one of the top 5 grossing films of all time when it came out because of his extreme popularity he has.That was why spiderman grossed so much money at the box office because of what a popular icon figure he is.Supes popularity has dwindeled immensely over the last 30 years or so.everybody knows that.If you dont believe that,then your obviously living in denial.

Ritoshi
Spidey is more popular than Supes..Supes is more well known than spidey.

FistOfThe North
Uh...isn't being well know the same as being popular.

Ritoshi
Uh...isn't being well know the same as being popular. No...ask hitler

FistOfThe North
Still don't get it. Hitler was both. He was popular and well known.

Ritoshi
Still don't get it. Hitler was both. He was popular and well known. How can he be both when you said it's the same thing.

redcaped
This trailer was short but I like him flying as Clark just when Lois turned....hehe fast guy! I love Superman.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Ritoshi
Spidey is more popular than Supes..Supes is more well known than spidey.

yeah that seems to be a concept that fist of north cant comprehend.John Kennedy was pretty much embraced by the nation -thats one of the reasons the film JFK did so well,where DICK NIXON was very unpopular with people in the country,which is probably why the movie NIXON did so poorly at the theaters because many people such as me consider him as evil a human being as Hitler because of his actions as president.same with spidey and supes,no difference.well supes isnt evilobviously,but people these days dont embrace him like they used to,the way supes was popular back in his hey day in the 50's,thats the popularity that spidey has today.

Draco69
You're saying the most beloved superhero on the face of the planet is as unpopular as Richard Nixon? And as evil as Hitler. Very, very poor analogy...

Pfft!

Mr Parker
I again say that since this movie has been so poorly promoted,it will be lucky to make over 200 million at the box office.unlike batman 89 or the spiderman movies,this movie has been poorly promoted the same way BATMAN BEGINS was.Why this movie and Batman Begins were not promoted the same way batman 89 or the spiderman movies were is beyond me.batman 89 and the spiderman movies had promotions going on for them a year before the movies came came out with posters already in the theaters,commericail tie ins-you could not turn on the tv without seeing a burger king advertisement for batman or spiderman glasses,you could not go to a grocery store without seeing like coke cans advertising the movies,you could not go to a shopping center without seeing toys,or posters on the walls for the film,but you dont see those kind of promotions for superman returns.Because of that,it will probably suffer the same kind of fate Batman Begins did-which was a much better superiour product over batman 89 but unlike batman 89,it was poorly promoted and a lot of people did not know about it till the movie was already out and since it was poorly promoted,it only made a little over 200 million.I see the same thing happening to superman returns.

MattDay
now now, i think this film will bring superman out of his long 30 year "sleep" as it were, and rejoin the ranks of all the new superhero films.

I was at awe the other day when i asked a kid (who has seen all the new, not old, comic hero movies) anyway i asked him who his fav hero was... spiderman right, i say what about good ol' superman... who's superman!!!!? what?! lol i think this film will educate the younger audience of who this guy is!

Draco69
I again say that since this movie has been so poorly promoted,it will be lucky to make over 200 million at the box office.unlike batman 89 or the spiderman movies,this movie has been poorly promoted the same way BATMAN BEGINS was.Why this movie and Batman Begins were not promoted the same way batman 89 or the spiderman movies were is beyond me.batman 89 and the spiderman movies had promotions going on for them a year before the movies came came out with posters already in the theaters,commericail tie ins-you could not turn on the tv without seeing a burger king advertisement for batman or spiderman glasses,you could not go to a grocery store without seeing like coke cans advertising the movies,you could not go to a shopping center without seeing toys,or posters on the walls for the film,but you dont see those kind of promotions for superman returns.Because of that,it will probably suffer the same kind of fate Batman Begins did-which was a much better superiour product over batman 89 but unlike batman 89,it was poorly promoted and a lot of people did not know about it till the movie was already out and since it was poorly promoted,it only made a little over 200 million.I see the same thing happening to superman returns.

Lack of promotions? Have you been to a city? Like New York? There's a big honkin' poster of Superman in Times Square....

I agree they need more promotions but they certainly still have time.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Draco69
You're saying the most beloved superhero on the face of the planet is as unpopular as Richard Nixon? And as evil as Hitler. Very, very poor analogy...

Pfft!

Man you been hanging around the man-spider fans too long and their logic is starting to rub off on you.LOL.No thats not what I am saying,I said that when you compare the popularity of supes to spidey,its the same as it is when you compare the popularity of "DICK" Nixon- remember its "DICK" Nixon,not Richard Nixon,your being too nice and kind to him by calling him Richard. big grin when you compare HIS popularity to John Kennedy its very comparable in the fact most people today have a good opinion of Kennedy where they dont over Nixon.They are both just as well known but people have a much higher opinion of kennedy than Nixon.Same with supes and spidey,people have gotten tired of supes the last 20 years or so because he has been around so long that he doesnt have anywhere the same kind of fanbase now that spidey has.I never said supes was evil like hitler ,I said DICK NIXON was as evil as Hitler.but thats not the point. wink

Mr Parker
Lack of promotions? Have you been to a city? Like New York? There's a big honkin' poster of Superman in Times Square....

I agree they need more promotions but they certainly still have time.

thats just one city though.Till I see commercial tie ins like they should be doing about this time,you cant say that they are doing a very good job of promoting it.

Draco69
thats just one city though.Till I see commercial tie ins like they should be doing about this time,you cant say that they are doing a very good job of promoting it.

New York City is THE city anyhoo.

It's only early June. They ARE dragging their heels to go out and advertise the damn thing but they will.

Mr Parker
now remember its "DICK" Nixon,your being way too kind and nice to the man by saying Richard. big grin

Draco69
Nixon was not a dick. Nixon was something far worse. Dick does not do justice.

Mr Parker

laughing

FistOfThe North
I hear "S.R." is one of the most expensive movies ever made clocking @ nearly $300 million.

Singer and company aren't f*ckin' around with this one.

Kal875
Because Supes is big, he's huge! and if your going to make a Superman movie you might as well go all the way with it

Validus
I hear "S.R." is one of the most expensive movies ever made clocking @ nearly $300 million.

Singer and company aren't f*ckin' around with this one.
A lot of that money is from the failed attempts in the 90s. Tim Burton and Nicholas Cage were both paid even though they never made a movie.

FistOfThe North
I'm predicting that this movie is going to be the ultimate comic book movie lording over all comic book movies. .

It'll be the comic book movie of all comic book movie.

watch.

Mr Parker

I just had to post that again.that was too funny. laughing

snoopdogg
I'm predicting that this movie is going to be the ultimate comic book movie lording over all comic book movies. .

It'll be the comic book movie of all comic book movie.

watch. I don't think it will beat the Spiderman movies. Thats like 370-380 million domestic.

redcaped
Everybody likes Spider-Man...that kind of life! But Superman is just too powerful and it's nothing new...except for theater lovers, like myself.

GODOFALL1
God is fictitious???????????????????????????? Oh my goodness!!!! No wonder half of you idiots think Superman would beat Goku. LOL
OH and also, they've been planning to make a superman movie for years and years. They almost cast Nicholas Cage at one time to play the man of steel. Thank God(and trust me, there is a God) it wasn't Cage. lol This movie is way over due. And im so happy its finally here.

SupezM'
Have a hard time believeing Spiderman is more popular then Superman, but he is very popular. We live in an MTV generation and Spiderman has teen angst written all over it.

redcaped
Today is Wednesday...is next Wednesday!!!

MattDay
no such thing as god, he's a myth like superman and all the other crap that comes out of peoples mouths since the dawn of time... didnt think people could be so gullable to the lies that surround us lol, anywho stop talking crap cause its superman!!! lol greatest superhero ever in comics

FistOfThe North
ye..less than a week left. I'm gonna check it out in Imax 3D with my girl.

SupezM'
Originally posted by MattDay
no such thing as god, he's a myth like superman and all the other crap that comes out of peoples mouths since the dawn of time... didnt think people could be so gullable to the lies that surround us lol, anywho stop talking crap cause its superman!!! lol greatest superhero ever in comics

/sigh

The ignorance..

MattDay
is it ignorant to follow a god who has no proof other than what people have written in a book saying he is real... sounds ignorant of truth and lies... hence the religions, based on fictional happenings and what someone tells you... do you know how many people bull shit? exactly somehwere along the lines what has been written is skewed by word of mouth down the timeline, so when it gets written it might be not the same thing entirely... like gossip because something small gets blown out of proportion... religion is also a faith is it not? meaning you have to have faith in it (funny that) but otherwise it's simply bullshit, but because america is so christian orientated its scary you guys are so gullable to this crap

FistOfThe North
It's all in belief. If it's true to one person, the it's what true and fact to him. Even if both sides have no proof if God exists or not. But I digress.

2 more days, woo hoo!

snoopdogg
30 more hrs.(Going to midnight showing).

redcaped
10 hours to listen the new soundtrack, a little more to see the movie. It's here!

MattDay
so then in reality god doesn't exist it's someone imagination that someone in skies looks down on us, choosing who has life and death... not that you got cancer, or hit by a bus because you moved in front or he came off the road... noooo its divine intervention or bullshit comes in a big book with 'Bible' on it... lol

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>