Superman All Star 1.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Juntai
Anyone else happen to get this?
Superman freezes an entire section of the sun with his breath...
Extends a TK field over a ship to save it from destruction..
Then they show him effortlessly lifting 200 Quintillion tons, and the scientists find it remarkable they still haven't found an upper limit.

Pretty sick stuff for one issue.

Creshosk
Originally posted by Juntai
Then they show him effortlessly lifting 200 Quintillion tons, and the scientists find it remarkable they still haven't found an upper limit.

Pretty sick stuff for one issue. Got scans pf those feats? shifty those would be nice to have on board.

SnakeEyes
I'm definitely gonna get this issue soon.

Lucid Lui
I wasn't that impressed with the actual issue. It's got potential though. Great art.

As for the feats...They are impressive. The Superman Fanboys are gonna go crazy with those...

King_Mungi
Well...... it was alright...much better than All Star: Batman & Robin

8bitChris
Yeah, I got it. I said in the comic of the month thread that it was good, but not an answer to Marvel's Ultimate line.

It was a Sun Dipped Superman that did the 200 Quintillion ton thing. Too bad he's going to die from it. His cells absorbed too much energy and are "bursting like fireworks" according to Supes.

It was leagues beyond Allstar Batman and Robin.

Avalonofthewind

Pretty sick stuff for one issue.

If was a pretty amazing issue. I expected no less from Morrison who loves Supes.
Seems like regular supes is manifesting some of energy supes powers...maybe that is what the "death" is about. Great beginning to a storyline though.

Piedmon
Just remember kids, the All-Star line is at right angles to continuity--this holds about as much water as Superman one-handing the entire Green Lantern Corps in SRS. (Although that too, was awesome.)

This was a good first issue, though surprisingly spartan in plot for a Morrison comic. This was pretty decompressed, which was dissapointing, but I guess Morrisson had to pad it out to 12 issues somehow.

Juntai
Originally posted by Piedmon
Just remember kids, the All-Star line is at right angles to continuity--this holds about as much water as Superman one-handing the entire Green Lantern Corps in SRS. (Although that too, was awesome.)

This was a good first issue, though surprisingly spartan in plot for a Morrison comic. This was pretty decompressed, which was dissapointing, but I guess Morrisson had to pad it out to 12 issues somehow. It's the same as an Ultimate character pretty much.. so threads could be made about "Superman All Star vs...."

Juntai
Originally posted by 8bitChris
Yeah, I got it. I said in the comic of the month thread that it was good, but not an answer to Marvel's Ultimate line.

It was a Sun Dipped Superman that did the 200 Quintillion ton thing. Too bad he's going to die from it. His cells absorbed too much energy and are "bursting like fireworks" according to Supes.

It was leagues beyond Allstar Batman and Robin. He's not actually going to die, lolol.

Also, did anyone yet mention, the 200 quintillion tons thing.. was done with one hand?

Juntai
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
If was a pretty amazing issue. I expected no less from Morrison who loves Supes.
Seems like regular supes is manifesting some of energy supes powers...maybe that is what the "death" is about. Great beginning to a storyline though. Nah, it was said in the old man of steel comics from the original post-crisis reboot of Superman, that he had the tk field he projects over things. The scientists had him lift the Cadmus building and discribed how his TK field held it together for him to be able to lift it... describing why things don't utterly fall apart when he grabs them.. it's also how his suit stays together during world-ending type blasts.
He just seems to maybe a have a bit more control over it.

I completely agree though about it being a great series though. In fact, the guy who owns our cities biggest comic shop added one into EVERYONE's file where they put all the subscriptions. He recommended it to all... impressive when you consider he's a Marvel fan.. He said it was probably the best new book that's started in a while.

olympian
This is pre crisis levels story. Wich is the type Morrison loves. Good stuff.

"Nah, it was said in the old man of steel comics from the original post-crisis reboot of Superman, that he had the tk field he projects over things. [This is where Gladiator ripped it off from"

Werent both concepts created by Byrne when he had the hold on those characters?

Juntai
Originally posted by olympian
This is pre crisis levels story. Wich is the type Morrison loves. Good stuff.

"Nah, it was said in the old man of steel comics from the original post-crisis reboot of Superman, that he had the tk field he projects over things. Yep, Byrne wrote it for both. But what does that change?

olympian
Its not a rip off per se if it was made by the same guy.

Juntai
Its not a rip off per se if it was made by the same guy. I was speaking character-wise, GLADIATOR, THE CHARACTER, Coppied the FEAT AND POWERS of the SUPERMAN MAN OF STEEL.

But in either case, all of these are executive decisions, going higher up the chain than the writers themselves.
It's pretty irrefutible, that Gladiator and his powerset were imposed to be a mockery of Superman.

olympian
"I was speaking character-wise, GLADIATOR, THE CHARACTER, Coppied the FEAT AND POWERS of the SUPERMAN MAN OF STEEL."

No, you said:

"Nah, it was said in the old man of steel comics from the original post-crisis reboot of Superman, that he had the tk field he projects over things. [This is where Gladiator ripped it off from"

Wich is the TK field concept. Created by the same guy, therefore there is no rip off.

Glads and the imperial guard wer ripped off from The Legion of Superheroes concept.

Juntai
"I was speaking character-wise, GLADIATOR, THE CHARACTER, Coppied the FEAT AND POWERS of the SUPERMAN MAN OF STEEL."

No, you said:

"Nah, it was said in the old man of steel comics from the original post-crisis reboot of Superman, that he had the tk field he projects over things. Yes, and I said, GLADIATORS powers/feats were ripped off of SUPERMAN'S powers/feats.
Not "MAN that WRITER ripped off the SUPERMAN WRITER'S IDEAS"
See the difference?
How the hell are you going to presume to describe to me what I meant!? lmfao. Dude, you're a true ****ing cocksmoker.

I know where the concept of Gladiator and the empire came from.

The Ion
Great issue. You can tell it's going to be an old school Superman type story with incredible shows of power. Exactly why I love Grant Morrison.

8bitChris
It's the same as an Ultimate character pretty much.. so threads could be made about "Superman All Star vs...."

Yeah, how boring would those threads be. It'd be the same thing every time.

"Oh yeah, well Allstar Superman resisted 200 quintillion tons with one hand. He wins."

And everyone else would just say, "yup"

For another thing completely unrelated; why did anyone even bring Gladiator into the conversation? The only reason i'm seeing here is to take a pot shot at Marvel.

kgkg
supes X 3

kgkg
oh

yahman
Originally posted by kgkg
supes X 3

How the hell is that piece of metal giving out a bazillion drillion tons worth of pressure !!!!!!!!! Isn't that like the weight of a planet ? mad

Mindship
What the hell is the floor made of that he ain't crashing thru it?

yahman
Originally posted by Mindship
What the hell is the floor made of that he ain't crashing thru it?

How strong are the hydraulics of the equipement, and how isn't the metal not breaking under its own pressure ! Something that small with that much mass would have huge gravity effects !!!!!!! mad

The Ion
Originally posted by yahman
How the hell is that piece of metal giving out a bazillion drillion tons worth of pressure !!!!!!!!! Isn't that like the weight of a planet ? mad
Maybe a small planet. Earth is around 6 sextillions (21 zeros).

yahman
Originally posted by The Ion
Maybe a small planet. Earth is around 6 sextillions (21 zeros).

Where is the test taking place ??????? Are they some sort of advanced race of ailens ?

8bitChris
You would think so. You should see some of the other crap the scientists are doing.

It's almost a mimic of the super soldier program of the Ultimates. Of course, they are doing everything they can to make it not look that way. It's not as realistic either.

(e.g. The giant guy they are creating for space travel who doesn't have to adhere to the normal limits of the human body as far as height and weight goes compared to the Giant Men from Ultimates who used to have to adhere to it. Also, instead of struggling to find a replacement for Captain America they are struggling to find a replacement for Superman should anything happen to him. Instead of shrinking people like Wasp/Ant Man they are creating nanite beings or something. etc...)

yahman
You would think so. You should see some of the other crap the scientists are doing.

It's almost a mimic of the super soldier program of the Ultimates. Of course, they are doing everything they can to make it not look that way. It's not as realistic either.

(e.g. The giant guy they are creating for space travel who doesn't have to adhere to the normal limits of the human body as far as height and weight goes compared to the Giant Men from Ultimates who used to have to adhere to it. Also, instead of struggling to find a replacement for Captain America they are struggling to find a replacement for Superman should anything happen to him. Instead of shrinking people like Wasp/Ant Man they are creating nanite beings or something. etc...)

Cool ideas, although a bit leached !!!!!!!!!.... But that feat is just Garbage !!!!!! They should have had him lifting a piece of a neutron Star, in the Phantom Zone (Where the rules of physics aren't the same ). I mean there should be at least a tiny bit of scientific accuracy, or technobable to disguise it !

snoopdogg
How the hell is that piece of metal giving out a bazillion drillion tons worth of pressure !!!!!!!!! Isn't that like the weight of a planet ? mad The presses they use to crush Lithium to 250 microns to make battery cells press 500 tons of pressure. And those are small ones.

Besides this is a comic book. Realtime science dont apply.

yahman
Originally posted by snoopdogg
The presses they use to crush Lithium to 250 microns to make battery cells press 500 tons of pressure. And those are small ones.

Besides this is a comic book. Realtime science dont apply.

Yesss good example !!!!!!! Only a factor of 19 zero's difference. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Nah im only joking mate ! smile

Mindship
Cool ideas, although a bit leached !!!!!!!!!.... But that feat is just Garbage !!!!!! They should have had him lifting a piece of a neutron Star, in the Phantom Zone (Where the rules of physics aren't the same ). I mean there should be at least a tiny bit of scientific accuracy, or technobable to disguise it !

I quite agree. This harkens back to a 19th century idea of lifting something heavy (all that was missing was Supes having a big handlebar moustache). They could have had him pulling away from an event horizon, anything which would've acknowledged our current knowledge of physics, if not something more star-trekian.

And to even say a quintillion tons: sounds like something a kid would say. Better: "Superman, you are now lifting the equivalent of half an Earth mass." or something like this.

olympian
"How the hell is that piece of metal giving out a bazillion drillion tons worth of pressure !!!!!!!!! Isn't that like the weight of a planet ?
The presses they use to crush Lithium to 250 microns to make battery cells press 500 tons of pressure. And those are small ones.

Besides this is a comic book. Realtime science dont apply"

And the truth shall set you free.

Especially when the story is pre crisis lite.

The Ion
I quite agree. This harkens back to a 19th century idea of lifting something heavy (all that was missing was Supes having a big handlebar moustache). They could have had him pulling away from an event horizon, anything which would've acknowledged our current knowledge of physics, if not something more star-trekian.

And to even say a quintillion tons: sounds like something a kid would say. Better: "Superman, you are now lifting the equivalent of half an Earth mass." or something like this.
I doubt a kid would know that quintillion is an actual number. erm

long pig
Sounds like an utter shit fest of a book.

I refuse to believe this is a real comic......sounds like really horrible Fanfic.

The Ion
You're just a hater. sad

long pig
Nah, it just really sounds like bad fanfic.

Have you ever read fanfic written about the writer's favorite character? It's horrible, this new comic seems exactly like it.

Judging by these and the comments from CBR, it's fanboy jerk-off material.

The Ion
Originally posted by long pig
Nah, it just really sounds like bad fanfic.

Have you ever read fanfic written about the writer's favorite character? It's horrible, this new comic seems exactly like it.
Why yes I have read Devin Grayson's Nightwing and its horrible. You are correct.

long pig
According to some math geek's opinion, the ammount Superman lifted there was either one of two things.

The long version, which would equal 30,000x Earth's weight

or

The short version, which would equal around 3/10 of the weight of the moon.

I seriously doubt it's the former.

Mindship
I doubt a kid would know that quintillion is an actual number. erm

Taken literally, I agree. But as a kid, didn't you ever say something like "a zillion, kazillion "?

Point was, a more convenient unit of measurement might've sounded a little better.

8bitChris
"Superman, you are now lifting a whole google of force...We still havn't seen an upper limit. Nice pecs."

SnakeEyes
How much do you guys wanna bet that Whirly will love this?

Scoobless
this holds about as much water as Superman one-handing the entire Green Lantern Corps in SRS.

what's SRS?

"Superman, you are now lifting a whole google of force...We still havn't seen an upper limit. Nice pecs."

lol

The Ion
Superman Red Son

olympian
Finally read the issue.

It isent all THAT far out. He had the strenght tripled due to the sun before doing it.

And Supes without getting amped its a highcl guy already.

Not to mention this having its own continuity. Ill wait for issue #2.

XerxesLogan
ugghhh...glad at least Morrison is off an X-Title you guys can have him

yahman

Very good post ! as usual mister Mindsip ! smile

yahman
Originally posted by SnakeEyes

I bet you a quintillion dollars ..... doh

Sorry embarrasment

8bitChris
Guys, calm down. It wasn't that outrageous. We all need to remember that Superman was super charged because of a Sun dip. His strength trippled as a matter of fact. Regular AS Supes only lifts around a mere 66 quintillion tons.

See, it's not so bad.

The Ion
Guys, calm down. It wasn't that outrageous. We all need to remember that Superman was super charged because of a Sun dip. His strength trippled as a matter of fact. Regular AS Supes only lifts around a mere 66 quintillion tons.

See, it's not so bad.
Actually considering he did that feat with one hand and no upper limit in sight, he should be be able to lift the same weight with both hands using supreme effort.

Happy Dance

yahman

See, it's not so bad.

Touche !!!!!!!! Monsieur Cynical

snoopdogg
Enough about the strength level on AS Superman.

Is anybody gonna pick up issue #2?

The Ion
Speaking of issue 2, it just got delayed a month into January. Way to launch a new title, DC. thumb up

snoopdogg
AS Batman was delayed a few times also.

yahman
Speaking of issue 2, it just got delayed a month into January. Way to launch a new title, DC. thumb up

sad

"AS Batman was delayed a few times also."

I know, im still on issue two sad DC's release format is crazy ! I have a JLA comic that reckons its the January issue ???????? confused

Ron Jeremy
Originally posted by SnakeEyes

I think you couldn't get odds against me loving this my friend

The Ion
sad

"AS Batman was delayed a few times also."

I know, im still on issue two sad DC's release format is crazy ! I have a JLA comic that reckons its the January issue ???????? confused
You think thats bad. Supergirl #4 doesn't even have a release date anymore. laughing

Piedmon
I love how a side-comment from one panel is taking up the entire discussion in complete disreguard to the story itself. :rolleyez:

AS Superman is its own comic book. It can play by its own rules. As long as the story is good (and Morrison's never let me down yet), I don't care if Superman sucks up the sun and farts out a quintillion hydrogen explosions. It's a STORY, not more stat-fodder for your next "Superman in a Kryptonite noose vs Thing" topic.

As for its scientific credibility.... if you care that much, why are you reading a Superman comic book? Oh, that's right, you didn't read it at all, you heard about one offhanded comment from a single panel and decided you knew everything about the comic from that, way to go....

yahman
I love how a side-comment from one panel is taking up the entire discussion in complete disreguard to the story itself. :rolleyez:

AS Superman is its own comic book. It can play by its own rules. As long as the story is good (and Morrison's never let me down yet), I don't care if Superman sucks up the sun and farts out a quintillion hydrogen explosions. It's a STORY, not more stat-fodder for your next "Superman in a Kryptonite noose vs Thing" topic.

As for its scientific credibility.... if you care that much, why are you reading a Superman comic book? Oh, that's right, you didn't read it at all, you heard about one offhanded comment from a single panel and decided you knew everything about the comic from that, way to go....

You where in bottom set science weren't you ? Awwwww is this all a bit hard for you to understand ? You just like all the bright pictures don't you ? smile

Piedmon
Hey hey hey, read my lips:

..|.,

Juntai
It's not a side comment really either, a lot of the premise of the entire comic was about how powerful Superman is.

Juntai
You think thats bad. Supergirl #4 doesn't even have a release date anymore. laughing There's only so many printing presses at their disposal, and most of them are making like... 10th printing of all the crisis stuff. lol, can't blame em for riding their own wave.. though it is definately nice to get comics on time.

Piedmon
It's not a side comment really either, a lot of the premise of the entire comic was about how powerful Superman is.

The premise is that his overwhelming power is going to slowly kill him and Lex Luthor has simultaneously hatched some larger scheme that we can only guess at. The specifics--exactly how many tons he can lift--are just details.

Can too many erroneous details ruin a story? Yes. Can one? Only if you're a finicky *****. Calling the story 'crap' because of one feat Superman performs is a sign of a closed-minded, cynical mentality. If you're willing to condemn a story you haven't read after HEARING ABOUT one scene, why do you even read comics? Is it just to have something to complain about?

Juntai
The premise is that his overwhelming power is going to slowly kill him and Lex Luthor has simultaneously hatched some larger scheme that we can only guess at. The specifics--exactly how many tons he can lift--are just details.

Can too many erroneous details ruin a story? Yes. Can one? Only if you're a finicky *****. Calling the story 'crap' because of one feat Superman performs is a sign of a closed-minded, cynical mentality. If you're willing to condemn a story you haven't read after HEARING ABOUT one scene, why do you even read comics? Is it just to have something to complain about? True that.
But the story, for a single comic, was kinda loaded with feats.

But I do agree that if you're going to hate on it just because of that... oh well. Your loss. It's a good story.

long pig

Can too many erroneous details ruin a story? Yes. Can one? Only if you're a finicky *****. Calling the story 'crap' because of one feat Superman performs is a sign of a closed-minded, cynical mentality. If you're willing to condemn a story you haven't read after HEARING ABOUT one scene, why do you even read comics? Is it just to have something to complain about?
Just read it today. It's crap. Horrid, horrid fanboy pleasing crapfest.

What's wrong with being close minded and cynical?

Juntai
Just read it today. It's crap. Horrid, horrid fanboy pleasing crapfest.

What's wrong with being close minded and cynical? Eh, it was a good start to a story. It's every artist's goal to draw you in with the initial instalment.. A pilot tv show, and the intro couple of minutes every show usually... an opening scene in a movie... The prologue in a book. Haven't you ever bothered to notice this?
If the artist can't do this, then they already lost people's attention.

You're just hating, for real.

The Ion
What's wrong with being close minded and cynical?
You get Wolverine8888-itis.

long pig
Eh, it was a good start to a story. It's every artist's goal to draw you in with the initial instalment.. A pilot tv show, and the intro couple of minutes every show usually... an opening scene in a movie... The prologue in a book. Haven't you ever bothered to notice this?
If the artist can't do this, then they already lost people's attention.

You're just hating, for real.
Well, yeah, now I'm just being a dick because I'm bored. stick out tongue

It wasn't bad at all, actually. It was a 7/10 IMO. big grin

Good art, but a bit of a depressing story. I was half expecting the goody goody type story since it was hyped to be PC lite, but it's kinda sad.

8bitChris
The difference here is...if it were a Sentry story everyone would be calling it a crappy beginning.

long pig
The difference here is...if it were a Sentry story everyone would be calling it a crappy beginning.
Of course.

Bashing anything marvel is kind of the "in" thing to do, nowadays.

But, this new uber Superman seems to be put here as an answer to how Uber Sentry is. Kinda like D.C said "Oh shit, superman fanboys can't handle having a hero who is more powerful....oh god, I smell a jihad! Hurry, someone! Make a Uber Superman!!! BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!!!"

It worked.

The Ion
If it were a Sentry story we'd have 20 pages of him pissing himself over the Void.

8bitChris
Actually I was thinking same story, reversed characters.

yahman
Of course.

Bashing anything marvel is kind of the "in" thing to do, nowadays.

But, this new uber Superman seems to be put here as an answer to how Uber Sentry is. Kinda like D.C said "Oh shit, superman fanboys can't handle having a hero who is more powerful....oh god, I smell a jihad! Hurry, someone! Make a Uber Superman!!! BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!!!"

It worked.

I've noticed !!!! But it was the other way round not too long ago ; Draco, Ion and Avlon have done a great PR job for DC !!!!! smile Bendis has also had his role to play ..... House of M was Shite. but Matrvel have produced some really good stuff recently. Drax and sentry are pretty cool, as is the New T Bolts and Defenders. The Avengers have potential, they just need a character or two, and some decent bad guys .... Silver Samurai ? confused

Lucid Lui
Don't you know? The Avengers have run into Pre-Crisis Silver Samurai. His swords are like the fingernails of God. Capable of destroying planets in one fell swoop.

And amazing at reaching that itchy spot on your back.

yahman
Originally posted by Lucid Lui
Don't you know? The Avengers have run into Pre-Crisis Silver Samurai. His swords are like the fingernails of God. Capable of destroying planets in one fell swoop.

And amazing at reaching that itchy spot on your back.

laughing

8bitChris
Actually, to be fair, the Avengers havn't even fought Silver Samurai yet. So if they do fight, we'll see how the battle goes.

Yeah bashing Marvel is the "in" thing to do.

People always forget that Supreme Power and the whole Ultimate line usually kicks the ass of anything DC. Marvel is putting out a ton of awesome comics right now. I can name a ton of series and minis that were good. However, this thread is not the place.

The Ion
Actually, to be fair, the Avengers havn't even fought Silver Samurai yet. So if they do fight, we'll see how the battle goes.

Yeah bashing Marvel is the "in" thing to do.

People always forget that Supreme Power and the whole Ultimate line usually kicks the ass of anything DC. Marvel is putting out a ton of awesome comics right now. I can name a ton of series and minis that were good. However, this thread is not the place.
Do they forget or do they think those titles aren't so great? Both Supreme Power minis are disappointing and the only Ultimates title worth a damn is The Ultimates. Too bad it keeps getting delayed and is about to go down the drain once Loeb takes over.

Of course those are my opinions but I won't claim it as fact. confused

Marvel bashing isn't "in". DC still takes the majority of all hate and stupid biased threads on this forum.

8bitChris
There is somewhat of a Marvel bias on this forum; not a large one. But DC fans are so quick to toot their horn about DC comics and tend to trash everything Marvel puts out. I see a lot of what I think is overrated comics being produced over at DC. Wildstorm and Vertigo are slowing down too imo. They got a couple solid series over there; but now they have caught a serious case of the, "What have you done for me lately?" syndrome.

Marvel does put out a lot of good stuff. It's just trendy to bash Marvel because the on going X-books have been in a slump. New Avengers isn't bad either.

Ultimate Spiderman is awesome.
Ultimate FF started off slow but is really doing some damage now.
Ultimate X-men has had some great arcs and has been making a killing recently.
The Ultimates...well it's the Ultimates. Probably the best comic out there right now.

Awesome Marvel Minis
Phoenix Endsong
Gravity
Drax
Madrox

On going
Cable and Deadpool
New T-bolts
Runaways
Young Avengers (Probably better than New Avengers)
Astonishing X-men
She-Hulk (the new series is basically a continuation where the mini left off)
Sumpreme Power (The book is awesome. I wasn't talking about minis; which arn't that bad.)
Captain America (The best comic most people arn't reading.)
Daredevil (Bendis at his best. Yes, he does have good writing.)
Thing (The first issue was nails, but it's still only been one issue.)
Max Punisher (Gory but good)

Upcoming stuff i'm excited about..
X Statix Presents: Dead Girl (Featuring Dr. Strange)
X Factor (The Madrox mini was awesome. Series written by same guy? I'm there)
Nextwave (Warren Ellis rocks)
Daughters of the Dragon (some of the best art i've seen in a long time)
Planet Hulk (Has me curious)
and the "New Universe" event they have been talking about has caught my interest also.
Not to mention how kickass all those new "What-Ifs?" look. Earth 717.

X-men Deadly Genesis had a much better first issue than I thought it would. Nice surprise.

See? Even leaving out almost all the Decimation tie-ins and minis Marvel is still producing quality shit.

Of course, like Ion's, this is all my personal opinion. Feel free to not like any of the stuff I do. Don't hate me because "Hawkman" isn't my cup of tea!

yahman
There is somewhat of a Marvel bias on this forum; not a large one. But DC fans are so quick to toot their horn about DC comics and tend to trash everything Marvel puts out. I see a lot of what I think is overrated comics being produced over at DC. Wildstorm and Vertigo are slowing down too imo. They got a couple solid series over there; but now they have caught a serious case of the, "What have you done for me lately?" syndrome.

Marvel does put out a lot of good stuff. It's just trendy to bash Marvel because the on going X-books have been in a slump. New Avengers isn't bad either.

Ultimate Spiderman is awesome.
Ultimate FF started off slow but is really doing some damage now.
Ultimate X-men has had some great arcs and has been making a killing recently.
The Ultimates...well it's the Ultimates. Probably the best comic out there right now.

Awesome Marvel Minis
Phoenix Endsong
Gravity
Drax
Madrox

On going
Cable and Deadpool
New T-bolts
Runaways
Young Avengers (Probably better than New Avengers)
Astonishing X-men
She-Hulk (the new series is basically a continuation where the mini left off)
Sumpreme Power (The book is awesome. I wasn't talking about minis; which arn't that bad.)
Captain America (The best comic most people arn't reading.)
Daredevil (Bendis at his best. Yes, he does have good writing.)
Thing (The first issue was nails, but it's still only been one issue.)
Max Punisher (Gory but good)

Upcoming stuff i'm excited about..
X Statix Presents: Dead Girl (Featuring Dr. Strange)
X Factor (The Madrox mini was awesome. Series written by same guy? I'm there)
Nextwave (Warren Ellis rocks)
Daughters of the Dragon (some of the best art i've seen in a long time)
Planet Hulk (Has me curious)
and the "New Universe" event they have been talking about has caught my interest also.
Not to mention how kickass all those new "What-Ifs?" look. Earth 717.

X-men Deadly Genesis had a much better first issue than I thought it would. Nice surprise.

See? Even leaving out almost all the Decimation tie-ins and minis Marvel is still producing quality shit.

Of course, like Ion's, this is all my personal opinion. Feel free to not like any of the stuff I do. Don't hate me because "Hawkman" isn't my cup of tea!

Are you getting all those titles .... F ing hell !!!!!!!! eek! Some really good stuff there, Marvel should keep to what is does best,( i.e. putting a realistic spin on everything). If it wasn't for the Crisis, i wouldn't be so Pro DC.

IMO, DC's stuff is bit more coherent, especially on a cosmic level (It doesn't create a new Character more powerful than God every six months).

On a street level, Marvel is far superior. I'd take X-men over Batman, any day of the week.

But on the higher tier level, everything seems that bit more impressive. You really think Supes and co are powerful enough to protect the planet from anything. Any disaster no matter how large is avoidable.

IMO Marvel power houses are slightly off the mark. I mean their most well known power houses are either Superman rip offs, or have been leached from Greek and Norse mythology. Marvel should be trying to enhance the reps of their original power houses such as Hulk, Iron Man, Thing, Vision, Black Bolt and Photon, rather than re doing the Superman thing with Sentry. They have tried and failed with the likes of Wonder man, Gladiator and co.

There alternate universe stuff is simply inspiring. The Supreme power and ultimate universes are the coolest things marvel has to offer.

manjaro
actually i ithink you'll find that more ppl read both comany's stuff or at the very least, used to read one and switched to the next. I like marvel--a lot. mainly for cable and deadpool, and all the ultimate lines...especially FF, and the ultimates, but DC has more devotion to big events while marvel churns out tons of minis, which is cool. i ilke both of them for thier unqiue qualities. so i dont bash. as a matter of fact i dont even give a damn about any writer in particularbig grin

8bitChris
I spend a lot of money on comics sad.

I do pick up DC stuff too. Just not as much.

yahman
I spend a lot of money on comics sad.

I do pick up DC stuff too. Just not as much.

You have about 20 marvel titles there ! eek! cool

8bitChris
Yeah I try to keep it around 6-7 comics a week. So @ 2.99 that's about 28 bucks a week and roughly 100 some odd bucks a month :P.

Draco69
To note this story is not in continuity, Superman dying of too much of solar radiation ain't happening. It's just a homage to Pre-Crisis days.

And how the hell is All-Star equivalent to Ultimate? The hell? Ultimate DC would be similar to that article done by Wizard.

Piedmon
Hmm..... paring the characters down to their 'core concept' while ignoring previous continuity? Sounds like DC is tacitly getting behind the Ultimate bandwagon to me.

yahman
Originally posted by Draco69
To note this story is not in continuity, Superman dying of too much of solar radiation ain't happening. It's just a homage to Pre-Crisis days.

And how the hell is All-Star equivalent to Ultimate? The hell? Ultimate DC would be similar to that article done by Wizard.

I'd love to see a more realistic version of DC. It would be a sci fi dream. Few people actually realise that DC used to be more scientifically accurate.The effects of gravity and what not are far more realistic than radical mutations brought on by intense radiation. smile

yep guys it's finally happened pre crisis universe is comming back check out all the comics coming out next year and pre crisis supes is hear to stay, and all star supes was just brilliant i just read the comic and it states there that more powers are likely to develop in supes body overtime mann a god is back and this time he aint goin no were the guy with unlimited powers marvel heros stand no chance against him cos all he has to do is sneeze and their done period.....................................

Fanboy
Originally posted by kgkg
oh

So he is dieing?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.