I just bought a Model airplane today!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

a1hsauce
so in my first attempt at remodelization of my inhabitants...I went out and bought a model airplane..I'm painting it now as we speak, and will start assembly of it as soon as possible.

anyone else build model airplanes or boats or cars and such...any advice?

big grin
-Saucey One

BakaXero
bought a friend an rc plane for his bday. he killed it.

a1hsauce
ouch....thats not quite an uplifting story i was intending, but thanks...ill make sure not to fly this one

Fëanor
i once bought a model VW bug..'66. totally modified it though from what the box had on it... and i painted it a candy apple red, shit looked tight too!!!

a1hsauce
laughing out loud niiiiicee

Nevermind
I got some advice. Don't paint it while you're being distracted on a forum!...and can I play with it?

a1hsauce
lol im being very careful w/ it...and no, u may not, its too delicate

Fëanor
Originally posted by a1hsauce
laughing out loud niiiiicee sadly it got busted on the move to L.A. sad took me nearly 2 mos. to build.

a1hsauce
ouch thats gotta hurt erm

Nevermind
and no, u may not, its too delicate

So am I sad

Fëanor
ouch thats gotta hurt erm hell yeah, it did. haven't built one since.

Ken Kenobi
I used to build model cars, my favorite was a full metal 97 Dodge Viper, I haven't done any for many years though.

Rogue Jedi
so in my first attempt at remodelization of my inhabitants...I went out and bought a model airplane..I'm painting it now as we speak, and will start assembly of it as soon as possible.

big grin
-Saucey One
is it remote control or control line? i flew control line combat for about 15 years. everyone thinks RC is better than CL, but the few who have seen control line combat have agreed that it is much better.

Ken Kenobi
I think by Model airplane, he just means the ones you build and hang from the ceiling or set on a desk.

Rogue Jedi
oh. then those are lame as hell.

Ken Kenobi
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi

laughing out loud

I want an RC Helicopter.

BornToRule
my advise to you is since i have 4 model planes of my own is DONT HANG THEM IN THE ROOF! or if you do make sure they stay there i hung my up and they stayed.........for a couple of months but when i open my window they fall down from the wind and its not fund trying to fix demolished scrapheaps

Rogue Jedi
for the glue, use "hot stuff." its like a super super duper glue that is the best for model airplane assembly.

BornToRule
i like to sniff the glue (gives a great feeling)

T.V.O.T.I.

big grin
-Saucey One
congrats Allen

Rogue Jedi
also, invest in a good X-ACTO knife.

a1hsauce
is it remote control or control line? i flew control line combat for about 15 years. everyone thinks RC is better than CL, but the few who have seen control line combat have agreed that it is much better. Originally posted by Ken Kenobi
I think by Model airplane, he just means the ones you build and hang from the ceiling or set on a desk. Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
laughing out loud ahhh thats hilarious to wake up to in the morning haha

Originally posted by BornToRule
my advise to you is since i have 4 model planes of my own is DONT HANG THEM IN THE ROOF! or if you do make sure they stay there i hung my up and they stayed.........for a couple of months but when i open my window they fall down from the wind and its not fund trying to fix demolished scrapheaps
lol im gonna see if i can hang em up using two strings to keep it in the air

a1hsauce
also, invest in a good X-ACTO knife.
why? confused

Ken Kenobi
why? confused

For cutting the pieces precisely. stick out tongue

a1hsauce
its so much easier to snap em off

Rogue Jedi
but you want it to be precise, no?

Fëanor
its so much easier to snap em off omg! that's so amateurish(sp) ..oh! you're making a funny big grin

WindDancer

big grin
-Saucey One

That sounds like great fun a1! big grin

Unfortunally, due to budget issues I couldn't get into that hobbie. sad

I love those WWII fighter planes.

a1hsauce
but you want it to be precise, no?
very true..i justed noticed it would be good to have one of those knives right about now sad

a1hsauce

Rogue Jedi
find a hobby shop and tell them what you are doing, they will get you started ok.

a1hsauce
hobby shop ehh....shifty very smart

GCG
very true..i justed noticed it would be good to have one of those knives right about now sad

So how does the plane look like ?

a1hsauce
its the Wright brothers plane yes

Rogue Jedi
be careful, X ACTO knives are surgically sharp.

GCG
^ Hence the X ACTO ! big grin

a1hsauce
lol ohhh i know that all too well..a friend of mine had one in her pocket one once, she forgot that the sheath was off, put her hands in her pocket and left a inch and a half, two inch gash across the front of her hand....that was about 4 or 5 stitches

Rogue Jedi
i have had my share of X ACTO cuts too.

a1hsauce
theyre not perty

GCG
i have had my share of X ACTO cuts too.

oh ; Im glad your no more emo

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.