Sentinel Alan Scott vs. GL Hal Jordan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ImmortalOne
Holy """"" !!!

DICKCUZZ !!!

ImmortalOne
Bump

ImmortalOne
BUMP

eleveninches
Alan is more powerful now that he's absorbed all of the starheart, but hal is more determinned and knows how to use his power better, and doesnt have as many weaknesses with his ring.
They both have more or less the same experience (alan has been fighting for longer, and they have both faced and defeated really powerful enemies, but Hal has his experience as the spectre as well)

It would be an even fight, however:
Hal can create green wood with his ring
Alan cannot create yellow constroucts with his

ImmortalOne
Keep in mind that since converting to Sentinel, Alan has never shown to be un-wood-able, its either he can overcome that weakness or the writers dont want JSA's #1 to loose to rubber sap !!!!

eleveninches
well, hal isnt weak to yellow anymore either. The impurity (parallax) is still there, but hal now knows how to overcome it

ImmortalOne
Have these two fought b4 ??

eleveninches
not sure. they probably fought in precrisis days with the earth1/earth2 crossovers, but i cant remember them fighting postcrisis except from the parallax/sentinal confrontation in GLRebirth

ImmortalOne
So what do you dakota fanning ???

Juntai
Acually, he turned the power of the starheart back into an ring dealy.. but with unlimitted source. Kind of like Kyle did with the power of ION, it's stupid, but it happened.
Then during the trial of Atomsmasher, an Omac shot a piece of wood through his hand. His ring didn't protect it.

DigiMark007
...thought Alan lost his weakness to wood??? Ah well...I could be wrong.

They both are sweet and wicked powerful. But Go Alan!

Ron Jeremy
Originally posted by ImmortalOne
So what do you dakota fanning ???

nope his in Dakota sick think about it sick

ImmortalOne
Ron Jeremy ???

Juntai
Originally posted by DigiMark007
...thought Alan lost his weakness to wood??? Ah well...I could be wrong.

They both are sweet and wicked powerful. But Go Alan! When he was the embodiment of the starheart, I don't think he had the weakness any longer... However, since turning it back into a ring, it seems the weakness re-emerged.

ImmortalOne
Any scans to proof that up ??

Juntai
Any scans to proof that up ?? Happened in the JSA against an OMAC. It shot wood through his shield and through his hand, and held down Martian Manhunter with fire, then Atom Smasher, who was on trial for all his crimes at the time, grew huge and stepped on it, then it got up and flew around the corner, and Flash/Garrick tried to chase it, but it dipped into the crowd too fast.
If need be, I can tell you the issue, but I can't scan anything.

And the Starheart turning back into a ring, was back when Mordru ripped the starheart from out of Allan. Instead of taking it back into himself, he used his will to form it into a ring.

jrodslam
^ It was JSA #76 where the event with the OMAC happened.

Not sure about the Mrdru incident.

zachrivard
al wins

zachrivard
will someone post bios of al and hal??

Juntai
Originally posted by jrodslam
^ It was JSA #76 where the event with the OMAC happened.

Not sure about the Mrdru incident. JSA 50. End of the Princes of Darkness series.
Sentinal started calling himself GL again as well.

Zarathustra
I'm gonna go with Hal here. This is the guy that walked through every member of the GL Corps who tried to stop him in Emerald Twilight. It was easy for him. If you get in Hal Jordan's way, you're finished.

thesilverspider
what does sentinel have 2 do wit the green lantern corps.alan is one powerful bad ass yea hal is mr.perfect but i'll go with sentinel.

The Ion
Alan wins.

ImmortalOne
Why ??

jrodslam
Im gonna have to say Hal. Alan is the man, but i think because of his weakness, Hal would be able to exploit that. As far a energy output, id also have to give Hal the edge considering all his feats. Ive never seen or heard of any Alan feats that compare to Hals top ones. Unless anyone can show some, that would be appreciated. Alan does have the big experience edge, but Hal has also gone through alot in his time. Id still give Alan the advantage in that department.

Good fight overall, but Hal takes it 7/10 imo.

ImmortalOne
I thought you were gonna say Flash takes all jrodslam !!!

jrodslam
I thought you were gonna say Flash takes all jrodslam !!!

Well, if both GL's were on ground, then yea, Flash does take all. Happy Dance

ImmortalOne
Pshhh......... GL always hover nowadays !!!

jrodslam
Pshhh......... GL always hover nowadays !!!

Not always. And Flash will always react faster. But this isnt about Flash.

ImmortalOne
Indeed it isn't

ImmortalOne
Ion hasnt answered my q !!!

eleveninches
Originally posted by Ron Jeremy
nope his in Dakota sick think about it sick laughing out loud

Sea King
Originally posted by eleveninches
Alan is more powerful now that he's absorbed all of the starheart, but hal is more determinned and knows how to use his power better, and doesnt have as many weaknesses with his ring.
They both have more or less the same experience (alan has been fighting for longer, and they have both faced and defeated really powerful enemies, but Hal has his experience as the spectre as well)

It would be an even fight, however:
Hal can create green wood with his ring
Alan cannot create yellow constroucts with his

wood dose not effect allan now with the starheart absorbed into him. i give this to allan.

(remember were not arguing allan with the ring but with the starheart in him. so it is not realivent saying his ring has a weakness to wood.)

batdude123
Alan wins this fight.

Darth Martin
Not sure that Alan has the wood weakness anymore.

Sea King
when alan fought hal in incarnations they tied and that was while alan had the ring so with the starheart in him he owns hal in this

Darth Martin
I think Sentinal will tkae this.

Sea King
http://img177.imageshack.us/my.php?image=jsa09p11no7.jpg

http://img356.imageshack.us/my.php?image=jsa09p12and13jd7.jpg

http://img108.imageshack.us/my.php?image=jsa09p14uh6.jpg

i found this in another tread val posted it but i tought it needed to be posted again

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.