Thor (without Mjolnir) vs. Current Thing in a fist fight

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Betageuze
i have seen Thor in a fist fight with Hulk..... give credits to him.... he gave Hulk a brutal fight... but the result was never disputable..... Hulk won

but this fight has shown very clear that Thor can even without his hammer give one of the most powerful (perhaps THE most powerful human being) creature, the Hulk, a very good fight....

so .. Thor is even without Mjolnir 100tons+ class strength.....

on the other hand..... Thing is a awesome fist fighter... with great experience...... has matched the hulk on many locations.....

Thor (without Mjolnir) vs. Thing

who wins..... ?

Fanboy
Well first thing I read it and it was a stalemate between Hulk and Thor but Thor would kick the crap out of Thing with out his hammer just beat him down and say It doesn't matter how strong you are but I am just stronger and a better fighter *****.

spetznaz
Thor.
'nuff said!

yahman
Thor is to Thing what Thing is to Captain Ammerica, in strength any way !!!! Thor is far more skilled, and his durability is superior, although Thing could certainly hurt him ! smile

olympian
Thor.

golem370
Thing has a chance against Thor.

olympian
The same he has against Hulk.

That much i give him.

Juntai
Thor.

Tony Stark
I think that is one of the BEST fights of all time... PERIOD.

Almost all things are equal...

And it could go on for weeks...

But it may come as a surprise to some of you...

But i'm going to pick The THING to win...

starwars

DarkCrawler
Because...

sam_drugbringer
Originally posted by Tony Stark
I think that is one of the BEST fights of all time... PERIOD.

Almost all things are equal...

And it could go on for weeks...

But it may come as a surprise to some of you...

But i'm going to pick The THING to win...

starwars

MY GOD! TONY HAS PICKED THING TO WIN! CALL THE PAPERS!

Tony Stark
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Because...

Because i think THOR may have gotten a little to accustomed to using his hammer as a fight crutch and he rarely fights strictly h2h.

Where as The THING rarely uses anything but his mitts (outside of Reeds contraptions).

Like i said a very close long hard fought bout but The THING will end up the victor... THOR doesn't have half the HEART...laughing out loud

The THING's h2h is better i believe... more options in fighting techniques.

Marvel's own site says Fighting skills THING THOR

5 4

And they have always had close fights when THOR was using his hammer.

Mindship
What's all this about Thor being such a skilled h2h fighter? Yes, I know "tis written," but actions speak louder than words, and all the fights I've ever seen Thor in are basically the same: he punches, he pounds; he looks like a brawler. I've never once seen a kick, a pressure point, a joint lock, a judo-type throw, nothing, nada, zip, zero.

One reason for this (as I'm sure someone will bring up) is: Thor is sooo powerful he's never had to use these skills. Incorrect. Thor has fought plenty of powerhouses of equal or greater strength, Hulk being the obvious example (and a prime candidate to have used technique on).

Second reason: I've not seen every single Thor fight. If someone has a scan showing Thor favoring technique over brute force, I would be more than happy to see it.

That said: Thing has used techniques in his fighting. Granted, nothing like karate or such, but common techniques are clapping hands together to generate powerful winds (I've never seen Thor do this w/o his hammer), and striking the ground to make shock waves, off-balancing his opponent (again, Thor needs hammer). In fact, Thing has used that shockwave-through-the-ground technique successfully on Thor.

As I see it, this fight could go either way. Thing has an excellent chance of beating Thor.

armandovalles
Thing in the early issues of Fantastic Four Vol. 3 was really showing off his fighting skills. Most notably in the fight with the kree avengers. Ben used Ju-Jitsu in that fight against the KRee Iron Man, a little bit of Karate-type fighting with KRee Captain America, and just brute force and strength as well as alot of agility with the Kree Giant Man. That fight really showed how much of a greatly adapted fighter he is. Altho i think this is close, i still say Thor wins, but not as much as people would seem. I give it to Thor 6.5/10

olympian
"What's all this about Thor being such a skilled h2h fighter? Yes, I know "tis written," but actions speak louder than words, and all the fights I've ever seen Thor in are basically the same: he punches, he pounds; he looks like a brawler. I've never once seen a kick, a pressure point, a joint lock, a judo-type throw, nothing, nada, zip, zero."

Thing usually fights like a brawler too. Most bricks do with the exception of WW.

THor has done stuff like that when figthing guys like Herc and Captain America while mortal.

And check the "Thor son of Asgard" series to see more.

whobdamandog
Yeah this fight would actually go closer than many people seem to believe. Thing has actually KO'd the Wrecker..an opponent who has given Thor many upon many problems in the past. I agree with Olympian.

Thor wins a bit more than half of the battles..7 at best..But he doesn't win them all.

roughrider
Ben gives him a fight, but the Rockman goes down to the Odinson.

Even Hulk, fighting Thor without Mjolnir, has never knocked him down to the point Thor can't get up and keep fighting. That's warrior heart.

soujaboy09
Ok didn't Thor lose a figh with his hammer to Colossus in the Ultimate Universe and have to be helped by Hawkeye...... I think so. ultimate wars

Thor would still beat Thing though

guy222
thor

Priest
Thing wouldn't even take one.

Barbarian Shams
Thor is way more experienced as a warrior and fighter than Thing. If he's mad enough, he wouldn't even need his hammer to pound someone into a bloody pulp. Just ask Perrikus, Durrok, Ulik, Loki, and Fenris when Thor stops playing for keeps, he's a beast that is hard to put down when not holding back. Thor has experience and skill in terms of fighting a variety of opponents, and melee fighters like Thing are among them. Thor wins 9/10.

olympian
Man, i just noticed how old this thread was.

gah.

Phantom Zone
Thing.

Lord Feron
Since he doesn't have the hammer does he also lose his flight or the fight have special rules on that? It would be kinda weird With Thor flying around without the hammer tho. Anyway for now I say Thing in a H2H fight 6/10

Sundipped
Thing can't win this. A hammerless Thor has stalemated Savage Hulk.

Sundipped
Originally posted by Betageuze
i have seen Thor in a fist fight with Hulk..... give credits to him.... he gave Hulk a brutal fight... but the result was never disputable..... Hulk won

Hulk didn't win. Hulk quit because he wasn't getting anywhere with Thor. Thor still wanted to fight.

Thats_My_Monkey
Thor has the strength and skill factor.

Thor wins.

SuperiorTech
Thor gave hulk a hell of a fight but it was clear at the end that things were going in hulk favors.

llagrok
Thor knocked the living shit out of Loki and Fenris with a regular hammer and killed Durok without it.

I think it's safe to say that Thor will take the full majority here.

Originally posted by SuperiorTech
Thor gave hulk a hell of a fight but it was clear at the end that things were going in hulk favors.

Because the Hulk's strength/durability/healing factor is always growing. Unless Hulk is knocked out, things will go to his favour eventually.

Sundipped
I didn't see it that way. Thor got the last blow and made Hulk quit.

K3VIL
Originally posted by Betageuze

but this fight has shown very clear that Thor can even without his hammer give one of the most powerful (perhaps THE most powerful human being) creature, the Hulk, a very good fight....

so .. Thor is even without Mjolnir 100tons+ class strength.....

on the other hand..... Thing is a awesome fist fighter... with great experience...... has matched the hulk on many locations.....

Thor (without Mjolnir) vs. Thing

who wins..... ?
No way Ben is gonna take this.Even before his recent reboot in which he's more powerful, Thor would curbstomp him.The Thing thank to training provided by Reed's machinery and evolution of his strength is able to lift a bit more than 100 tons, which is nothing compared to Thor's strength, not to mention he's outclassed in every other area, from fighting skills and experience to speed and durability.
No surprise Tony Stark picked the Thing, no surprise he still hasn't moved out of fanboysm

gogogadgetgo
lets not forget, it has been confirmed that thor does have the odinpower. with or without the hammer, with or without using fighting skills, thing is toast. thor 100/10

guy222
poor thor

Endrict Nuul
Thor 10/10

Soljer
Originally posted by guy222
poor thor

Poor Thor? He'd beat Grimm every time.

Priest
Originally posted by guy222
poor thor
confused

golem370
Thing wins a couple.

CaptainStoic
Thor flat out kills him.

the Darkone
Originally posted by golem370
Thing wins a couple.

You by saying that lost all credibility, if you had any.

Thor smites him 10/10

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.