Melkor versus Marka Ragnos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Traya
Two titans battle it out on a huge open plain, who wins?

Council#13
Who is Melkor?

Darth Traya
Melkor the Valar from the Silmarillion. The original dark lord and Sauron's master.

http://www.glyphweb.com/arda/default.asp?url=http://www.glyphweb.com/arda/m/melkor.html

Jack O'Neil
Ragnos. If this is during the War of Wrath Morgoth. Because Morgoth gave up most of his power to give his servants' power

Darth Traya
It's Melkor as he is during the war of wrath.

Ianus
That site wasn't too helpful. All I saw where a bunch of names. I need his power put into context before I even venture a guess.

Darth Traya
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melkor

The wikipedia entry is accurate. Apart from it says that Melkor was the most powerful Vala. He was more powerful than the rest of them combined.

Ianus
Early Melkor would win. Later would get ****ed up.

exanda kane
Originally posted by Ianus
Early Melkor would win. Later would get ****ed up.

True.

Tangible God
Yeah, Ragnos was God-LIKE, but Melkor actually WAS a god.

But then the dumbass distributed his power through his minions virtualy leaving himself defensless against the other 14 gods and who knows how many Maiar. At least Sauron wasn't THAT stupid.

But Ragnos whips Morgoth.

Ianus
Uh, he wasn't a god. Valar are described as being messengers and servants of The God, Eru. They had powers similar to say, Norse gods, but they were not gods in the true sense.

exanda kane
Yet they had the power to create and destroy like Gods. Eru pretty much encapsulates the ulitmate force in the galaxy without any form as such. Therefore the Valar are practically Gods in the mythological tense.

Tangible God
Eru WAS the one true God, but the Valar were described AS gods compared to anyone else in Arda. The Maiar were demi-gods. Everyone else was either Kelvar or Olvar.

Like the Egyptians, they didn't have ONE God, but a BUNCH of gods with some better than others. Like the Valar. Melkor was on top at first then sunk right down to #15 or #14 since he was discluded as a Valar later on.

Ianus
I think he's somewhere lower than that by now. In any case you could very well describe them as godlike, I do agree with that. But they were also tangible and able to be wounded. Assuming (Key word there) Ragnos has uber powers on par with say, blackholes, pushing people into space, etc. it's conceivable that he could KO a Valar that way. It's not an instant death since they are immortal but for the sake of the battle it would be a KO.

Darth Traya
Melkor could spawn a gigantic mountain on Ragnos' head. Or spawn thousands of litres of lava on his head...

Ianus
Melkor could apparently corrupt matter of Arda. Nowhere does it say he can form mountains out of nothing. If this was the case, elves would not be a danger to him and the Balrogs would not have needed to defend him against Ungoliant.

Darth Traya
Melkor had power over fire. He could create a volcano beneath Ragnos' feat. Eru himself says to Ulmo that Melkor will create volcano's and mountains out of presumably "thin air".

Ianus
Well, considering we have a lack of sources for Ragnos...

He can float! HAHA!

*Runs and hides*

jollyjim311
Well, Gandalf the Grey was in fear of a Balrog (although he defeated it). Gandalf was probably the power of a good Jedi Master (like the same level as Yoda). This Melkor had an army of Balrogs and "god-like" power. Ragnos also had "god-like" power. This is actually close, methinks. I can't say who would win, this is what happens when you have 2 super beings fighting.

Ianus
A Balrog could probably curbstomp most jedi masters, dude. Balrog fought Gandalf (Who is a Valar) for two days and thought it lost it killed him too. Gandalf can wipe his ass with most jedi.

jollyjim311
Gandalf? I meant Yoda-ish level. I will edit that. And of course most Jedi would lose to a Balrog, lightsabers would have little effect.

Ianus
Gandalf could take Yoda. He'd make a good replacement for ROTS too. Sidious leaps for the door... "You shall not pass!"

Get to see Ian versus Ian. Pwnz00rs!

jollyjim311
Gandalf and Magneto vs. Sauramon and Tyranus vs. Maul and Toad. Haha, don't respond, I just thought it was funny. This isn't a bad topic.

Ianus
lmao

Nice matchup!

I personally think that Gandalf and Magneto are the coolest here, with Saruman and Tyranus running -very- close. Ray Park gets to do the Toad dance while he gets tooled by the old guys.

"And now, Christopher Lee... I shall draw you forth as poison is drawn from a wound... Ah ****, I broke a hip!"

jollyjim311
I'm being a hippocrit and getting off topic but- of course Magneto and Gandalf would school everyone, even the Ray- Chris team combined. Tyranus couldn't touch Magneto.

P.S. Ray Park is the best dancer I know, haha. Wait, I don't know him, oh well.

Ianus
That Toad dance is precious. I crack up every time I see it.

jollyjim311
Yeah and that lame ass tin can-sounding percussion in sync to is dance, that was one of the better scenes from any movie ever.

Ianus
There was music?

jollyjim311
Yeah, it was all like tink-tink-tink and wicked lame, but really funny.

Ianus
I don't remember it. I think I was too busy laughing.

Toad versus Yoda. Who wins?

jollyjim311
Umm, the green one with the accent good jumping skills, duh.

Ianus
Okay... Dancefest... Chewbacca, Yoda, and Toad.

jollyjim311
Well, in ROTJ Chewy has a basic yet pleasant form when dancing with someone half his size (no small feat). Yoda has some nasty cool moves in the ROTS hidden rap and break-dance feature. But Toad was classic, pure genious, I give it to Toad.

P.S. Traya- sorry for completely killing your thread.

Ianus
lol... same here. No more off topic for us!

jollyjim311
Yeah... So the other day my friend's cat threw up on him at 4:30 in the morning while he was sleeping, so for revenge he threw up on it while it was sleeping at 4:30 the next day...wait is this off topic? Sorry.

Ianus
OMg... *Gotta hear this* Continue.

Lord Darkstar
A Balrog could probably curbstomp most jedi masters, dude. Balrog fought Gandalf (Who is a Valar) for two days and thought it lost it killed him too. Gandalf can wipe his ass with most jedi.

Actually Janus, Gandalf is just a Maiar, meaning that he is not even in the same library, let alone the same page as Melkor.

And I am unsure of who would win (though I am leaving the solar system as fast as I can), if I had to place money on anyone, I would say Melkor wins.

jollyjim311
OMg... *Gotta hear this* Continue.

Well, there really isn't much more to the story other than the cat pissing under his bed after, then the cat "mysteriously" vanashing into thin air, nowhere to be found.

Ianus
Yeah, you're right, LD. I hadn't meant to put that.

Dush-khan Mabeo
Imagine Yoda and Chewyz kid!?

Darth Traya
Yoda and Chewy spawn make baby Jesus cry.

Illustrious
Pssh. Gandalf could wipe his ass with any Jedi. Melkor with his power wins, with it distributed, he has a chance of getting taken out.

Tangible God
Is the Gandalf thing still going on?

Council#13
Originally posted by Darth Traya
Melkor the Valar from the Silmarillion. The original dark lord and Sauron's master.

http://www.glyphweb.com/arda/default.asp?url=http://www.glyphweb.com/arda/m/melkor.html

Oh him. I was thinking in the star wars universe...
anyway, melkor wins. the valar themselves had to lock him up

penfold
wink Sorry LD, but you are also wrong. Gandalf is neither a Valar nor is he a Maiar, he is in fact an Istari (this is elven for wizard).

As for who would win, Melkor has the outright power advantage but to have that power he needs earth rock this is his only disadvantage and being a cunning, strategic and merciless Dark Lord of the Sith Ragnos would simply, by using his dark abillities to move the planet Melkor is on a collision course with the neighbouring star.

skyflyer
Gandalf sucks. Look at how he gets completely tooled by Saruman. And his sword fighting skills suck. Yoda would annihilate him.

Tarvos
1. Why the hell did you bump this thread?

2. It's not following the rules.

3. I'm leaving.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.