Who would you rather be Superman or Gladiator

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
Superman-Can fly at superhuman speeds, invulnerability , super-strength, super-breath, freezing breath, super-hearing, vision powers including x-ray vision, heat vision, telescopic vision.

Gladiator-flight, invulnerability, vast super-strength, super-speed, super-intellect, super-breath, super-hearing, vision powers including x-ray vision, heat vision, telescopic vision. Powers based on will power.Also able to survive in Space.

yahman
One gets those three chicks from smallville, the other has a purple Mohawk !!!!!!!!! ummmm I wonder ? roll eyes (sarcastic)

olympian
Comic book Superman never gets any.

Then again Glads doesnt get either. For what i know.

Nah id be Hercules any day.

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by olympian
Comic book Superman never gets any.

What about Lois?

Swanky-Tuna
I must say, it would rock being the hero of an entire empire.

Juntai
The way you listed their powers seems lopsided...like you're favoring one side.

Superman on an everyday basis is far stronger than Gladiator. But Gladiator's says... vast, in front of Super Strength?

How about you forgot the fact that Superman ALSO has "Super" Kryptonian intellect?

He also has regular super-breath on top of freeze breath.

You also forgot microscopic vision.

olympian
"What about Lois?"

When do they seem to have the time geek

"Superman on an everyday basis is far stronger than Gladiator. But Gladiator's says... vast, in front of Super Strength?"

Superman on an everyday basis doesnt bust planets.

golem370
I copyed them the way they were written.

Juntai
"What about Lois?"

"Superman on an everyday basis is far stronger than Gladiator. But Gladiator's says... vast, in front of Super Strength?"

Superman on an everyday basis doesnt bust planets. Neither does Gladiator.

Show me some of Gladiator's feats in the last 5 years, and I'll compare them to Superman's.
]
This has already been gone through in other threads, so dig those up if you want to dispute it.

Everyday Superman is FAR greater than everyday Gladiator, nearly all the way across the board.

Juntai
Originally posted by golem370
I copyed them the way they were written. No you didn't, I pointed out the differences, and some mistakes and forgotten stuff.

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by Juntai
No you didn't, I pointed out the differences, and some mistakes and forgotten stuff.
Can you link me the site he copied the descriptions from?

Juntai
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
Can you link me the site he copied the descriptions from? They are from another site? I figured he was talking about having coppied the desciption of Superman, down to the discription of Gladiator. Which obviously isn't the case.

golem370
I copyed it from Wikipedia the way it was written

golem370
www.wikipedia.com

olympian
"Neither does Gladiator."

"neither does Superman" is the correct answer.

"Show me some of Gladiator's feats in the last 5 years, and I'll compare them to Superman's"

Why just the last 5 years, is there a time limit for feats now.

whistle

Marvel feats unless they are retconned are always in continuity.

"This has already been gone through in other threads, so dig those up if you want to dispute it.

Everyday Superman is FAR greater than everyday Gladiator, nearly all the way across the board."

I take your trying to say he isent faster either.

Neither he slugged out with Supreme. aka "pre crisis Superman".

Neither he busted planets.

Nope, you never saw anything. Do a search and see some threads then.

golem370
Well lets see He threw Juggernaut in which wolverine said nobody from from earth could have done it.

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by golem370
Well lets see He threw Juggernaut in which wolverine said nobody from from earth could have done it.
Gladiator threw Juggernaut?

golem370
well it was on the X-Men Cartoon

Swanky-Tuna
Yeah and that STAYS on the cartoon.

Juntai
"Neither does Gladiator."

"neither does Superman" is the correct answer.

"Show me some of Gladiator's feats in the last 5 years, and I'll compare them to Superman's"

Why just the last 5 years, is there a time limit for feats now.

whistle

Marvel feats unless they are retconned are always in continuity.

"This has already been gone through in other threads, so dig those up if you want to dispute it.

Everyday Superman is FAR greater than everyday Gladiator, nearly all the way across the board."

I take your trying to say he isent faster either.

Neither he slugged out with Supreme. aka "pre crisis Superman".

Neither he busted planets.

Nope, you never saw anything. Do a search and see some threads then. I'm not saying Gladiator doesn't have awesome high end feats. I'm saying, Superman, issue to issue, far exceeds Gladiator.. issue to issue. It is also assumed that the characters fight at their optimum levels of ability - not explicitly weakened or unusually powered up for those who have variable power levels. That's from the forum rules. People show the same feats of Gladiator over and over, like... one from the 70s... one from the early 80s...Most of the Superman feats shown are current, and he does them likewise over and over and over again, while Gladiator continues to get beat up all the time. One is left to assume, these are Gladiator's rediclous "Sun Dip" one shot wonder feats. For intensive purposes on the forum, as stated in the rules, Superman far outranks Gladiator, if not for the sheer volume of feats he has across having so many monthly appearances than anything else.

golem370
There equal in all things except Gladiator can survive in space and he has a killer Instinct that escapes Superman since he been living on Earth he a shadow of what he could be. Gladiator would not think twice to destroy a bridge full of people if it means beating or killing his enemy.

yahman
"What about Lois?"

Superman on an everyday basis doesnt bust planets.

Nor does Gladiator !!!!!!!!!
And he can punch moons in half !!!!!!!!!
smile

yahman
I'm not saying Gladiator doesn't have awesome high end feats. I'm saying, Superman, issue to issue, far exceeds Gladiator.. issue to issue. It is also assumed that the characters fight at their optimum levels of ability - not explicitly weakened or unusually powered up for those who have variable power levels. That's from the forum rules. People show the same feats of Gladiator over and over, like... one from the 70s... one from the early 80s...Most of the Superman feats shown are current, and he does them likewise over and over and over again, while Gladiator continues to get beat up all the time. One is left to assume, these are Gladiator's rediclous "Sun Dip" one shot wonder feats. For intensive purposes on the forum, as stated in the rules, Superman far outranks Gladiator, if not for the sheer volume of feats he has across having so many monthly appearances than anything else.

This SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO True !!!!!!!! Why can't everyone see the light smile

roughrider
They are pretty much the same person; except Glads has that porcupine-sharp mohawk. That's enough to make me choose Superman. big grin Plus, Glads is always having to hang out in space leading the way for the Shi'ar; Supes can get some home cooking from Mother Kent, and the potential from the various women in his life is enticing. wink

The Ion
A public icon or a purple guy with a lame mohawk? How is this a hard choice? I can name about 20 other superheroes I'd rather be before Gladiator would even come to mind.

Mindship
Superman. "Gladi-size me," just doesnt do it.

Hegemon875
Superman....I dont wanna look like a smurf on steroids

manjaro
gladiaotr for me...why? nobody, save for silver surfer(or anyone with cosmic awareness) knows what form of radiation he's vulnerable to, while bad guys can practically look up kryptonite in the dictionarybig grin also there is somethin really fancy about being able to breathe in space and travel at warp speeds. so i wouldnt wanna look like him but i would definatley perfer his abilites. and another misconception about him is ppl think that when his confindence is shaken his power disappears--wrong! thats not the case. he's still as strong and durable but that one momoent leaves him open to a powerful enuff attack.

also, another reason i think he's better is becasue he's the idea of a pre-crsis superman. certain events may be retconned but the core of his charctaer is basically the same. and one more thing they have said it specifiaclly that his lifting power his based on psionics where he wraps a field around objects he touches so they dont collapse under thier own weight meaning he can lift anything he touches. no matter how big

yahman
Originally posted by manjaro
gladiaotr for me...why? nobody, save for silver surfer(or anyone with cosmic awareness) knows what form of radiation he's vulnerable to, while bad guys can practically look up kryptonite in the dictionarybig grin also there is somethin really fancy about being able to breathe in space and travel at warp speeds. so i wouldnt wanna look like him but i would definatley perfer his abilites. and another misconception about him is ppl think that when his confindence is shaken his power disappears--wrong! thats not the case. he's still as strong and durable but that one momoent leaves him open to a powerful enuff attack.

also, another reason i think he's better is becasue he's the idea of a pre-crsis superman. certain events may be retconned but the core of his charctaer is basically the same. and one more thing they have said it specifiaclly that his lifting power his based on psionics where he wraps a field around objects he touches so they dont collapse under thier own weight meaning he can lift anything he touches. no matter how big

" nobody, save for silver surfer(or anyone with cosmic awareness) knows what form of radiation he's vulnerable to,"

And the Hulk .... Oh cum on, u knew it was coming embarrasment

All Star and Byrne also suggested that Supes had this power. smile

Beyonder
Originally posted by The Ion
A public icon or a purple guy with a lame mohawk? How is this a hard choice? I can name about 20 other superheroes I'd rather be before Gladiator would even come to mind.

Public icon? In the real world or in the their universe?

In their universe, Supes is known on Earth, Apokolips, New Genesis, and other parts of the universe.

Gladiator is known throughout a galaxy wide empire, one of the largest empire in MU. The Kree and Skrull empire - but comparable to the Shi Ar - also know Gladiator.

Lot's more people know Gladiator than Supes.

Anyways, Gladiator for me. Just overcome the confidence weakness and I can go stomping on planets and slugging it out with Supreme. Pay visit to Thor and kick his ass a few times - this time make sure he doesn't get any outside help. Drop by to kick Bruce Banner in the balls. Find Wonderman to humilate his ass some more. And if I run into Hyperion, break his neck a second time.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Beyonder
Pay visit to Thor and kick his ass a few times - this time make sure he doesn't get any outside help. When did Thor get outside help?

Avalonofthewind

In their universe, Supes is known on Earth, Apokolips, New Genesis, and other parts of the universe.

Gladiator is known throughout a galaxy wide empire, one of the largest empire in MU. The Kree and Skrull empire - but comparable to the Shi Ar - also know Gladiator.

Anyways, Gladiator for me. Just overcome the confidence weakness and I can go stomping on planets and slugging it out with Supreme. Pay visit to Thor and kick his ass a few times - this time make sure he doesn't get any outside help. Drop by to kick Bruce Banner in the balls. Find Wonderman to humilate his ass some more. And if I run into Hyperion, break his neck a second time.

So by your own words, you are comparing a galaxy wide empire compared to parts of the universe (a bit bigger than a galaxy or 2) different dimensions, and of course earth.

In the real world. Say you like Gladiator and people will ask "Russell Crowe?"

I'd pick superman everytime.

The Ion

The real world.

Juntai
Originally posted by The Ion
The real world. But if Superman was part of the Marvel U, you'd see other galaxies citizens and heros randomly kicking it in a shirt with his logo on it. lol.

olympian
"When did Thor get outside help"

When Thor Girl decided to also attack him iirc.

But that Glads was from the future, it wasent "ours". Both him and Thor got a win each.

In the real world obviously Superman its more known. He is the comic superhero character with the higest public recgonization.

Just not THE highest recgonized character in the world.

Beyonder
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
So by your own words, you are comparing a galaxy wide empire compared to parts of the universe (a bit bigger than a galaxy or 2) different dimensions, and of course earth.

Parts of the universe could also be Darkseid's basement. Superman is mostly Earthly known. A few planets and all constitutes parts of the universe which I posted earlier.

Lucid Lui
I'm not saying Gladiator doesn't have awesome high end feats. I'm saying, Superman, issue to issue, far exceeds Gladiator.. issue to issue. It is also assumed that the characters fight at their optimum levels of ability - not explicitly weakened or unusually powered up for those who have variable power levels. That's from the forum rules. People show the same feats of Gladiator over and over, like... one from the 70s... one from the early 80s...Most of the Superman feats shown are current, and he does them likewise over and over and over again, while Gladiator continues to get beat up all the time. One is left to assume, these are Gladiator's rediclous "Sun Dip" one shot wonder feats. For intensive purposes on the forum, as stated in the rules, Superman far outranks Gladiator, if not for the sheer volume of feats he has across having so many monthly appearances than anything else. Give Gladiator his own title (or three) and in a couple of years you'd see that he can pull off as many (and any) high end feat that Supes does. i understand wha you're saying, but because Glads isn't a character that pops up very often we have to use what we can when it comes to feats.

Juntai
"When did Thor get outside help"

When Thor Girl decided to also attack him iirc.

But that Glads was from the future, it wasent "ours". Both him and Thor got a win each.

In the real world obviously Superman its more known. He is the comic superhero character with the higest public recgonization.

Just not THE highest recgonized character in the world. Actaully, Superman's "S" is the second most regonized SYMBOL on the planet period. Next to . .. the cross.
But Batman is "the world's favorite".

Juntai
Originally posted by Lucid Lui
Give Gladiator his own title (or three) and in a couple of years you'd see that he can pull off as many (and any) high end feat that Supes does. i understand wha you're saying, but because Glads isn't a character that pops up very often we have to use what we can when it comes to feats. I agree, he may have the feats then, but now, he's got like 3 worth a damn, all from various decades. The rest of the time he gets his ass beat. Superman will probably have 3 or more this month alone..he's probably had a dozen or more since the Crisis countdown started.

Khellendros
F*ck these two, I'd rather be Majestic. All Superman-level powers or higher and none of the overt weaknesses of these two.

Avalonofthewind
Parts of the universe could also be Darkseid's basement. Superman is mostly Earthly known. A few planets and all constitutes parts of the universe which I posted earlier.

So what to you proves that Gladiator is better known than Superman?
Supes is known among the universe as well.

Sir Whirlysplat

Indeed he is what he did on Warworld alone made him Legendary

Juntai
Originally posted by Sir Whirlysplat
Indeed he is what he did on Warworld alone made him Legendary And he's got a cult on Apocalypse after defeating Darkseid for the first time in the conclusion to Our World's at War, over Steel's soul. That feat alone pretty much made him universally known.

Lucid Lui
I think it's safe to say they're both extremely well known in their respective universes...

Beyonder

What? Planets? solar systems?

Earth, Shi'Ar empire, Skrull Empire, Kree Empire.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.