Hulk Vs Wolverine (Must see)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mordum
OWNED! big grin

http://media.comics.ign.com/media/772/772078/imgs_1.html

scotsmn
Originally posted by Mordum
OWNED! big grin

lol what comic is that from?

grey fox
Ultimates

scotsmn
Are they like "What Ifs?"

DarkCrawler
Alternate reality.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultimate_Marvel

Creshosk
Originally posted by scotsmn
Are they like "What Ifs?" Sort of. . .

What ifs are alternate reasliteis, usually just breif glimpses into divergent realities from the 616 universe.

Ultimates is an ongoing alternate reality, that I'm not sure if it was ever a part of the 616 to diverge from it.

sam_drugbringer
Of course, we know what this means.

Now there will be TWO wolverines! Each with half their skeletons made out of metal!

The Ion
laughing

That's some of the best comic book ownage I've seen.

King_Mungi
This is from the upcoming Ultimate Hulk vs. Ultimate Wolverine mini that is coming out shortly. Check out the thread "ouch" in the comic book section for more info.

wolverine8888
ultimate is nuthign like normal unverse

soleran30
Wolverine almost had him did you see the cuts above the hulk's eyes? laughing out loud Yeah well we have done the Anatomy and Physiology lessons tons of times this was just a nice wake up.

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by wolverine8888
And your point is... confused

wolverine8888
trying to explain that they are nuthign a like because some one near the top of the thread was asking if ultimate inverse was a part of Nu or branched off of it which it did not.

soleran30
LOL and on that note Ultimate Hulk is a sissy compared to 616.......maybe they should do a tie in sequence's between ultimates and 616 with this mini beeing the catalystsmile

wolverine8888
lol ultimate wolverine is a pussy as well

Swanky-Tuna
lol ultimate wolverine is a pussy as well
They both have adamantium laced bones don't they?

wolverine8888
ya ur piont?.

soleran30
They both have adamantium covered bones but ultimates got ripped apart why doesn't the 616 not get ripped apart?

Swanky-Tuna
ya ur piont?.
Panzy Hulk is seen ripping him in half...

Metalmanx
They both have the same freakin adamantium skeleton. Grafted/bonded in all the same ways. I mean, really. Ultimate universe or not, that's REALLY not something to go and change about a character. Especially something that miniscule that is just kept the same anyway.

Hulk did it. Get over it.

wolverine8888
it not possable to do to normal unverse wolverine me and crs have explained thsi far to many times.

steverules
Ultimate wolverine= weaker than normal wolverine
Ultimate hulk= Would whupp normal hulks butt into ultimate universe.

Swanky-Tuna
I see only three explanations.

1) Ultimate Adamantium? More like Crapamantium.

2) Ultimate Wolverine doesn't have the fanboy powers keeping his bones connected.

3) Apocalypse's lacing is that much different than weapon x lacing.

DarkCrawler
Is there a comic where someone trys to rip Wolverine in half/rip his arms off/other things? I still don't see how Wolverine would be capable of moving if it wouldn't be possible.

wolverine8888
lol thats the one thing i cant explain/ NU wolverine bones are attached there prove after prove of it. though the movement part i just cant explain cres can thou

soleran30
Yeah because its IMPOSSIBLE to have a skeleton work without tendons and ligaments being flexible more importantly tendons and ligaments CONNECT to muscles and bone tissue so snap the connection and if we say well the ligaments and tendons are covered to the bone try moving a cup to your face with your arm full extended and not able to move at the elbow/shoulder jointssmile

Adamantium in ultimates is never shown to be les durable then 616!

DarkCrawler
lol thats the one thing i cant explain/ NU wolverine bones are attached there prove after prove of it. though the movement part i just cant explain cres can thou

Where it is proven? Comic issue? Scan?

You can't prove it, can't you?

"It just is so" is not really an sufficient answer.

Swanky-Tuna
I think there's supposed to be a comic where Hulk tries to pull Wolverine's arm out of its socket or something and he doesn't make it.

Plus there's all the times he gets hit and doesn't explode but that literally happens for everyone.

TwisterGameX
I know certain people are having a field day with this.

wolverine8888
hmmmm how about days of future past? wolverine skeleton shown full togather. when cassandra nova blasts wolverines arm all thats left is skeleto all the way to the shoulder if it was not attached it would fall off. there are many more but I dotn feel like looking them up.

Swanky-Tuna
There are also instances of him talking without a face or tongue.

I think when they want his bones to get pulled apart they will but until then they just stick together with comic book magic.

willRules
Originally posted by TwisterGameX

smile yes

Creshosk
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
There are also instances of him talking without a face or tongue.

I think when they want his bones to get pulled apart they will but until then they just stick together with comic book magic. Not very well. . . "Caddugle" doesn't really soujnd like canknuckle does it?

Try saying "Canknuckle" without using your tongue, what does it sound like.

Creshosk
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Where it is proven? Comic issue? Scan?

You can't prove it, can't you?

"It just is so" is not really an sufficient answer.

Originally posted by Creshosk
The thing is, this isn't true, not for Wolverine. In Wolverine: Snikt! his right arm was burned so badly only his adamantium bones remained; guess what? They were still linked together. Wolverine was still able to use his arm (even though he had to hold it with his left hand). If there is cartilage between his bones that can be severed, than it can also be burned away, and obviously thats not the case.

What about New X-Men, E is for Extinction? Nova burned off all the flesh on his right arm, and guess what? the arm bones were still linked together. They didn't collapse or fall off, which is what they would have done had there been connecting ligaments and cartilage.

How about Miller's Wolverine? When Shingen and Logan fight, Shingen aims a sword stroke at Logans' neck; I've been informed that it was later explained (whether by Miller or Claremont, I don't know) that it was an attack that was meant to sever Wolverine's head, by cutting inbetween the connecting bones; but since Wolverine's adamantium reinforces and links those bones, it couldn't cut through.

And lets not forget Blood Hungry.

Originally posted by jinzin
or weapon x, or any of his fights vs. class 100's......or proffesor x stated they are bonded..or the several times where a future version ov wolverine's skeleton is shown...but stilll....IN ONE PIECE...

soleran30
Not very well. . . "Caddugle" doesn't really soujnd like canknuckle does it?

Try saying "Canknuckle" without using your tongue, what does it sound like.

LOL that scene is serious suckage.........without a face eyes, nose (I'm sure his olfactory is junked in that scene) a guy like punisher couldn't just jump back and unload.........teeth are enamal and bones yet not covered its called comic anatomy and physiology and it only works there.

How do you justify any sort of "science" where its an artists descretion to put things in anyway they want? Well not in 616 I guess but ultimates is doing a better jobsmile

DarkCrawler
What issue number for Wolverine: Snikt!, the fight with Lord Shingen, and Days of Future Past? (never read it) What happened in Blood Hungry? I just want to check the issues myself.

I have the Cassandra Nova fight. The arm was burned while Wolverine was hitting Nova, he didn't seem to be able to use it much after that (he healed pretty fast).

I can get that his arms wont fall off every time he is burned to the bone...I've seen skeletons who don't drop their arms (real skeletons), but given enough force they would be ripped off. And besides, aren't Wolverine's bones coated with adamantium...would something be under the coating? Wolverine's bones are more durable then normal bones anyway (even without adamantium), so it might be much more stable then normal man's skeleton.

Tony Stark
Originally posted by Mordum
OWNED! big grin

I love you man...

Happy Dance

Tony Stark

AAAAWWWWW....

Isn't it a great day...

The truth has reared it's ugly head...

It can be done...

Just as suspected...

laughing

Not feeling well are you...? sick

Piedmon
What issue number for Wolverine: Snikt!, the fight with Lord Shingen, and Days of Future Past? (never read it) What happened in Blood Hungry? I just want to check the issues myself.

I have the Cassandra Nova fight. The arm was burned while Wolverine was hitting Nova, he didn't seem to be able to use it much after that (he healed pretty fast).

I can get that his arms wont fall off every time he is burned to the bone...I've seen skeletons who don't drop their arms (real skeletons), but given enough force they would be ripped off. And besides, aren't Wolverine's bones coated with adamantium...would something be under the coating? Wolverine's bones are more durable then normal bones anyway, so it might be much more stable then normal man's skeleton.

No, it's not like there's a layer of adamantium over normal bone. Wolverine's skeleton was molecularly bonded to the adamantium. Meaning his bones contain the metal at a cellular level. Effectively, his bones ARE adamantium.

The qualities of adamantium have seeped into the ligaments, tendons and muscles of Wolverine's body over time. That's why he doesn't fly apart when a train hits him. It's not that his 'soft' cells are harder, they're simply more resiliant and take punishment better. (If anything, this makes his tendons/ligaments more flexible than a normal human's.)

Tony Stark
Originally posted by TwisterGameX

Happy Dance

Tony Stark
Originally posted by Piedmon
No, it's not like there's a layer of adamantium over normal bone. Wolverine's skeleton was molecularly bonded to the adamantium. Meaning his bones contain the metal at a cellular level. Effectively, his bones ARE adamantium.

The qualities of adamantium have seeped into the ligaments, tendons and muscles of Wolverine's body over time. That's why he doesn't fly apart when a train hits him. It's not that his 'soft' cells are harder, they're simply more resiliant and take punishment better. (If anything, this makes his tendons/ligaments more flexible than a normal human's.)

Effectively, his bones ARE adamantium.

Not true his BONES have been LACED... That means his BONES have been ENCASED... The BONES themselves are NOT adamantium...

Creshosk
Originally posted by Tony Stark
Effectively, his bones ARE adamantium.

Not true his BONES have been LACED... That means his BONES have been ENCASED... The BONES themselves are NOT adamantium... Ah, professor Xavier is a liar. . . Oh right. . hey tell me do you read any comic books?

Do you read FF and Ironman related?

Hell do you read people's posts?

Creshosk
Originally posted by soleran30
LOL that scene is serious suckage.........without a face eyes, nose (I'm sure his olfactory is junked in that scene) a guy like punisher couldn't just jump back and unload.........teeth are enamal and bones yet not covered its called comic anatomy and physiology and it only works there.

How do you justify any sort of "science" where its an artists descretion to put things in anyway they want? Well not in 616 I guess but ultimates is doing a better jobsmile First people were complaining aout the eyes. . .

How was the story changed?

And yeah Punisher won that fight via a plot device. . . guess you didn't read it did you? roll eyes (sarcastic)

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by Piedmon

Hmm. That's nice explanation.

So his tendons/ligaments are nearly as strong, or as strong as adamantium?

scotsmn
As somebody stated, things in one universe may not be the same as things in another. In 616 his bones never come apart, even with no flesh holding them together. Why? Maybe all his bones are ball&socket type stuff. Who knows... he's a mutant afterall. In this alternate universe his bones may be like a regular humans except fo the metal.

Anyway, it's tough to defend the "same" character in every universe since different events in each universe will make the resulting person different, and this may include genetic mutations as well.

soleran30
First people were complaining aout the eyes. . .

How was the story changed?

And yeah Punisher won that fight via a plot device. . . guess you didn't read it did you? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Is professor a Liar hmm well I guess we'll call them secrets with Xavier files......

and actually in the face picture I was looking for the tendons ligaments to the zygomatic process heck ANYWHERE on his face and guess what NONE so I guess just his facial tendons and ligaments aren't covered in adamantium but the rest are.....uh huh bollucks....

Tony Stark

jinzin
ultimate wolverne can be ripped in half thus 616 wolverine can be ripped in half?!?!?

What the f**k?

ummm no..

I mean aside from x-rays, aside from medical evidence, aside from him always remaing in one piece when he shouldn't and ummm aside from people failing to rip him anywhere anytime before...

yeah if you ignore 100% of his 616 showings concerning the matter maybe.. roll eyes (sarcastic)

friggin idiots..

Creshosk
Originally posted by soleran30
Is professor a Liar hmm well I guess we'll call them secrets with Xavier files......

and actually in the face picture I was looking for the tendons ligaments to the zygomatic process heck ANYWHERE on his face and guess what NONE so I guess just his facial tendons and ligaments aren't covered in adamantium but the rest are.....uh huh bollucks.... They're not.But his bones stay connected without them in 616 at least.

cool Hardly, I'm not going to give you an apology because you haven't earned one. There is a difference between being covered-laced and being molecularly bonded-laced.

DarkCrawler

I mean aside from x-rays, aside from medical evidence, aside from him always remaing in one piece when he shouldn't and ummm aside from people failing to rip him anywhere anytime before...

Has anybody even TRIED to rip him before?

Just asking.

grey fox
The only reason this wolvie got ripped in half is training.

Yes that's right training .

Here me out , all the x-men characters take a break inside of a giant room here they talk , drink ect ect . Now regular wolverine is humiliated that his ultimate counterpart is such a pussy (manga counterpart is alright because we all know it will become a Anime and then be unbelievably inconsistent) , so he gives him some training tips to increase his jobber aura to the ungodly amount that regular wolverines is

Wolvie has to

1. Kill his major enemy (check that)

2 regenerate from a stupidly lethal move

3 get eight different titles to include him ALL at the same time

DarkCrawler
laughing out loud

Creshosk

Just asking. Things that can be ripped, can be cut or burned right?

DarkCrawler

Just asking.

And while I am at it, may I get the issue numbers for the titles where the x-rays confirm that his bones can't be separated, the medical evidence, and the other things you talked about.

Otherwise it is, you know, just talk.

I can actually believe him staying in one piece...the explanation from Piedmon was good. I just need the confirmation.

DarkCrawler
Things that can be ripped, can be cut or burned right?

Umm...I don't think it goes exactly like that.

I just would like to know if this is correct:

Creshosk
Umm...I don't think it goes exactly like that.

I just would like to know if this is correct: as I said in the other thread, the times we see his skeleton, there are no ligaments or tendons left. yet somehow his skeleton is still intact.

Piedmon
Hmm. That's nice explanation.

So his tendons/ligaments are nearly as strong, or as strong as adamantium?

They're strong, but I'm not thinking anywhere near as the Adamantium itself.

DarkCrawler
as I said in the other thread, the times we see his skeleton, there are no ligaments or tendons left. yet somehow his skeleton is still intact.

Would their durability have anything to do with it?

Like I said...I have seen skeletons that are not instantly splattered to pieces when there is nothing else on them...they are very fragile though, but they still stay intact. Now, taken on account that Wolverines bones are about...thousand times more durable then normal bones, would it make them stay intact better?

Piedmon
That the adamantium was attached to his bones... His bones aren't made of adamantium... His bones are laced or bonded or Grafted or adhered with the adamantium.

Grafted at a MOLECULAR LEVEL. That means each cell of his bones has a tiny piece of adamantium embedded in it. Wolverine's skeleton is 'wrapped' in Adamantium the way you are 'wrapped' in your skin. It's a part of you, and shouldn't be thought of as a separate piece.

Creshosk
Would their durability have anything to do with it?

Like I said...I have seen skeletons that are not instantly splattered to pieces when there is nothing else on them...they are very fragile though, but they still stay intact. Now, taken on account that Wolverines bones are about...thousand times more durable then normal bones, would it make them stay intact better? Normal humans have bones where some of them are only held together by tendons/ligaments. Like in the hand or feet. there are hundreds of tiny bones. or knees and elbows. . .

DarkCrawler
Here's an old handbook thing about Wolverine I was able to find...

http://img483.imageshack.us/img483/8239/wolverineskeleton8ed.th.gif

Doesn't seem to tell much, though. erm

Who knows how it is after Apocalypses bonding...

jinzin

Just asking.

yeah two demons from hell.. I think hulk did once... cyber tried too.

jinzin
And while I am at it, may I get the issue numbers for the titles where the x-rays confirm that his bones can't be separated, the medical evidence, and the other things you talked about.

Otherwise it is, you know, just talk.

I can actually believe him staying in one piece...the explanation from Piedmon was good. I just need the confirmation.

why not when that's been the case in an unelievably large amount of feats?

DarkCrawler
yeah two demons from hell.. I think hulk did once... cyber tried too.

Issue numbers... wink

I know about them...I just have read only one of them. that's why I would like to have the issue numbers for the rest of them too so I could check them...

jinzin
Issue numbers... wink

I know about them...I just have read only one of them. that's why I would like to have the issue numbers for the rest of them too so I could check them...

off the top of my head, one of the demon incidents was around wolverine 20, there's the vampire storyline and it takes place somewhere in the middle.

the cyber thing happens in the TPB blood hungry. Cyber tries to seperate wolverine's claws from his wrists but then decides he can't and that seperating the skeleton from wolverine's skin is a more logical strategy..lol

cheldon
hulk would hafta be extremely anraged to actually break the adamantium spine.

Arahan
And again Jin and Cre are here...and of course Wolverine888.

Gays eh guys always a pleasure to read your posts...

Ouch that gonna hurt. How the hell will Logan get his legs back?
But at least a realistic fight betweenHulk and Wolverine.

jinzin
Originally posted by Arahan
And again Jin and Cre are here...and of course Wolverine888.

Gays eh guys always a pleasure to read your posts...

Ouch that gonna hurt. How the hell will Logan get his legs back?
But at least a realistic fight betweenHulk and Wolverine.

well that was rather uncalled for coming from somebody I had some respect for...

Arahan
sorry but my mood isnt the best at the moment.

jinzin
Originally posted by Arahan
sorry but my mood isnt the best at the moment.

i don't know if that's a great reason to take it out on some fellow comic geeks.

Arahan
May be not but at this time it was fine to me.
There is too much BS in my RL at the moment.

Creshosk
i don't know if that's a great reason to take it out on some fellow comic geeks. Sometimes you can't help it. . . I've been there embarrasment

And again I'm sorry about that. . . sad

jinzin
Sometimes you can't help it. . . I've been there embarrasment

And again I'm sorry about that. . . sad

hey it's no biggie you just had me concerned about ya... you never told me what was wrong so I figured it was serious.

long pig
That's exactly what should happen everytime Hulk & Wolverine fights.

Tony Stark
Originally posted by long pig
That's exactly what should happen everytime Hulk & Wolverine fights.

Once every 312 blue moons i agree with you LP and look out your window... What a pretty moon.

Happy Dance

long pig
Once every 312 blue moons i agree with you LP and look out your window... What a pretty moon.

Happy Dance
Indeed. And I DO think Thing could do the exact same thing that Hulk did as well.

So, cheers!

X-Logan
I just wanna see the payback.

Scoobless
I was wondering who'd be the first to use that pic as their sig... Lp seems to have been the first to act

big grin

long pig
evil face

Arahan
LP I love your sig laughing

Creshosk
evil face *color tweaks*

long pig
Hmm...that actually does look hella better.

Scoobless
*color tweaks*

ok.... i need to get photoshop or something

thesilverspider
whats that crap around hulks neck those beads what had he been doing.

Scoobless
the Hulk's a freakin' tree huggin' hippie

thesilverspider
oh he be smoking that wakanda herbs

long pig
Nah, scoob, if you look at the full picture, he's wearing a kilt!

Scotland pride!

Yeah, cresh is pretty much a pro at the whole photoshop thing. I don't even try anymore.

Creshosk
It's like they intentionally had the colors faded Here's the whole thing color fixed:
http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/7411/ultimatewolverinevshulk2005111.th.jpg

jinzin
Hmm...that actually does look hella better.

fits the color of the leaf too.

long pig
It indeed does match the leaf, cyber ninja.

Why would they dull the color like that? It's a bit odd.

Creshosk
Why would they dull the color like that? It's a bit odd. The style?

I'm not really sure,

jinzin
It indeed does match the leaf, cyber ninja.

Why would they dull the color like that? It's a bit odd.

realism...

atmospheric perspective...

long pig
I was thinking it was because of the blood & gore. Marvel wouldn't/couldn't show previews with all the blood, so they dulled it out so it was less violent.

Tony Stark
Indeed. And I DO think Thing could do the exact same thing that Hulk did as well.

So, cheers!

wink atta boy...

srankmissingnin
Just a side note but Ulitmate Wolverine adamantium bonding is done differently then 616's. Heck when he fought Ultimate Lady Deathstrike it was reviled that not all of his skeleton was even bonded.

But that is one of the greatest comic images ever... makes me laugh

jinzin
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Just a side note but Ulitmate Wolverine adamantium bonding is done differently then 616's. Heck when he fought Ultimate Lady Deathstrike it was reviled that not all of his skeleton was even bonded.

But that is one of the greatest comic images ever... makes me laugh

also revealed in ultimate spidey...

srankmissingnin
also revealed in ultimate spidey...

Is that where he cut his finger off?

jinzin
yup.

srankmissingnin
I hate the Ultimate Universe... for the love of god why don't I stop collecting it!

jinzin
good stories followed by nice plot twists divergent from their original counterparts?

srankmissingnin
The only ulitmate title I don't hate my self for buying after I read it is the Ultimates... but hey after buy Uncanny X-men for so long you get used to that feeling

jinzin
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
The only ulitmate title I don't hate my self for buying after I read it is the Ultimates... but hey after buy Uncanny X-men for so long you get used to that feeling

laughing out loud

same thing with wolverine titles as of late.

srankmissingnin
They have been pure crap since the title was reset back to issue one! The Native? Crap. I even I am surprised by how much I hated Millar's run.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.