So who trained Darth Sidious?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

xyz jedi
You know I know I can find out by searching but that's takes a while so I'd rather someone tell me "who trained Darth Sidious?" 'kay.

Ianus
Darth Plageus. Did you sleep through ROTS or something?

Decay
well its heavily implied that its darth plagueus but never explicitly said. plageus is definatly your best bet.

Darth Koroni
Well the picture-dictionary-thing for RotS said he was Palguesis' apprentice, but I don't know if that's considered cannonical.

Veneficus
Originally posted by Ianus
Darth Plageus. Did you sleep through ROTS or something?

starwarsrules14
Plaguies
"Darth Plagueis was my Master. He taught me the key to his power, before I killed him."-Sidious/Palpatine

Twilight Janick
Darth Plaugeis for sure.

Tangible God
Plagueis was from the deep core of the galaxy, where both Wealthy and Poor thrive off the other, and where all those who live below the poverty have bad teeth and suffer from a rare gum disease called GIN-GI-VITAS.

Revan Ecks
Originally posted by Tangible God
Plagueis was from the deep core of the galaxy, where both Wealthy and Poor thrive off the other, and where all those who live below the poverty have bad teeth and suffer from a rare gum disease called GIN-GI-VITAS.

That kind of sounds like Taris.

Council#13
I think it's pretty obvious it was plagueius or watever his name is. neat though...

Captain REX
Plagueis, obviously. It's been proven in the new chronology, if you didn't believe it before. It even mentions that Sidious was training Maul behind Plagueis' back, before her murdering him, somewhere around 60 to 50 BBY.

Council#13
Yes those were the words i was looking for cool

xyz jedi
K thnx u gIs. its just that some other guy said that Sids n Vader aren't real sith 'cos they weren't trained by real sith. But now I know he's just stupid.

Bloigen
Originally posted by xyz jedi
K thnx u gIs. its just that some other guy said that Sids n Vader aren't real sith 'cos they weren't trained by real sith. But now I know he's just stupid.

Sidious and Vader aren't actual sith's they are only trained in the sith way.

exanda kane
Originally posted by Bloigen
Sidious and Vader aren't actual sith's they are only trained in the sith way.

What he means is that they are not of the Sith Species (which some cool True Sith or Ancient Sith) but follow the ideals of the Sith, and as there hasnt been any of the Sith Species in the galaxy for many millenia, we can safely call people like Vader and Sidious, Sith.

xyz jedi
Then Maul n Tyranus aren't real sith

exanda kane
and how did you work that one out?

Ianus
Both are Sith Lords.

xyz jedi
but they're different species also

exanda kane
Yes but they all follow the ideals of the Sith in a time without Ancient Sith. And people who follow the Sith teachings when there are no Ancient Sith are called Sith.

Tangible God
Oh not this argument again.

Ancient Sith: Sith Race, Sith Ideals, Sith Practises.

Later Sith: Sith Ideals, Sith Practises.

Escape81
You know I know I can find out by searching but that's takes a while so I'd rather someone tell me "who trained Darth Sidious?" 'kay.

It's rather simple, I think, to know who trained Darth Sidious. I did.

xyz jedi
Originally posted by exanda kane
Yes but they all follow the ideals of the Sith in a time without Ancient Sith. And people who follow the Sith teachings when there are no Ancient Sith are called Sith. then Vader is a sith. You can't have it both ways, they were all trained by Sids. If one isn't, they all aren't if one is, they all are you crazy. So are they all sith or are they all just Dark Jedi? I think they're sith but just wanted to ask you. Sids obviously is one. Vader, kinda iffy cause he swapped sides.

xyz jedi
Originally posted by Escape81
It's rather simple, I think, to know who trained Darth Sidious. I did. but you're not Darth Plageus.

Darth Faunus
Hopeless. Absolutely hopeless.

xyz jedi
Oh not this argument again.

Ancient Sith: Sith Race, Sith Ideals, Sith Practises.

Later Sith: Sith Ideals, Sith Practises. so you'll admit Sids is a sith?

xyz jedi
Originally posted by Darth Faunus
Hopeless. Absolutely hopeless. confused1

jollyjim311
"There is still good in him!"

*xyz jedi then hands me over to the noobside where I will be bashed for not referring to Anakin as "The almighty chosen one who could defeat Ragnos by blinking."*

exanda kane
I cant believe people do not undertsand the concept of Sith! KMC has reached an all-time low...

almost as low as having about 20 gauntlet threads...

Ianus
Are we at twenty gauntlet threads yet?

exanda kane
It was a generalisation but i may just check lol...

Ianus
At least everyone dropped the Insert Random Jedi/Sith Here versus Plo Koon or Ki-Adi-Mundi or Coleman Trebor or Zett Ju****wa or whatever.

exanda kane
I think were over twenty...

Ianus
Damn. That's sad.

Master Naresh
someone wise said "The SIth of today are not the true anicent sith of time past but are mere followers of the sith ideal" (i can't remember who)

Ianus
Kreia.

Tangible God
so you'll admit Sids is a sith? He's a Sith, just not a racial Sith.

To be a Sith, racially, you have to be a descendant of the Sith race, but since they're all DEAD, you can't be a racial Sith.

Referencing to my last post, any Sith AFTER Ancient Race is only 2/3 Sith. hence making the First Sith, True Sith(as much as I fear saying that in this place what with Ush hounding the idea)

shaber

Hang on wasn't the Deep Core inaccessible before the Imperial era? geek

I should have realised that the suplicitous apprentice Darth Sidious mentioned would have been himself - talk about self-aggrandisement roll eyes (sarcastic)

xyz jedi
He's a Sith, just not a racial Sith.

To be a Sith, racially, you have to be a descendant of the Sith race, but since they're all DEAD, you can't be a racial Sith.

Referencing to my last post, any Sith AFTER Ancient Race is only 2/3 Sith. hence making the First Sith, True Sith(as much as I fear saying that in this place what with Ush hounding the idea) so Maul, Tyranus and Vader aren't real siths but are so close they're classed as them?

Wait, is Plageus a real sith? If so, why did he train someone else to become one? Who was the last racial sith???????? This is confusing sad

overlord
so Maul, Tyranus and Vader aren't real siths but are so close they're classed as them?

Wait, is Plageus a real sith? If so, why did he train someone else to become one? Who was the last racial sith???????? This is confusing sad There are two definitions to sith. The original sith race from Korriban who were almost wiped out by dark jedi or something. That one is from EU solely I think.

And there has always been the sith clan in Lucas' SW stories. We will take that the warriors/magician originally from Korriban are sith then.

xyz jedi
Originally posted by overlord
There are two definitions to sith. The original sith race from Korriban who were almost wiped out by dark jedi or something. That one is from EU solely I think.

And there has always been the sith clan in Lucas' SW stories. We will take that the warriors/magician originally from Korriban are sith then. was Plageus a sith no expression

Darth Faunus
Jesus, boy. Have you not read the last two pages? If it'll knock some sense into you, I'll sum it up for you.

The 'True' Sith are of the Sith race, the Ancients, such as Marka Ragnos and Naga Sadow.

The rest are followers of the Sith practices and ideals, but not 'true' Sith.

So yes, Darth Plagueis the Wise was a Sith. he wasn't of true Sith blood, nor were any after the fall of the Sith Empire, but he would still be considered a Sith Lord.

Good enough? Or do I have to go back and quote everything for you, too?

Darth Takáta
was ragnos a sith by blood?

Tangible God

Tangible God
so Maul, Tyranus and Vader aren't real siths but are so close they're classed as them?

Wait, is Plageus a real sith? If so, why did he train someone else to become one? Who was the last racial sith???????? This is confusing sad The last racial Sith was Sadow, well, maybe the Massassi.

xyz jedi
The last racial Sith was Sadow, well, maybe the Massassi. and how did they get sith after that?

Master Naresh
sadow trained a handful of his followers m none of which were true sit hand then they taught others and eventually were killed by their sith ppl because of the sith code blah blah blah

calvin44
yes, as tangible god said, the last sith was marka ragnos, and vader palpatine, maul etc etc were actually dark jedi not "true sith" "sith lords" would be correct because the first "sith lords" enslaved and trained the "true sith" as an army to conquer the republic, got it?

calvin44
sorry, i meant sadow

xyz jedi
Ah, now I get it.

calvin44
you say you do

but you dont

InsaneNoodlyGuy
Lucas Called Vader a Darth Lord of the Sith. Therefore, he's Sith in all ways that matter. End of debate (but probably not)

calvin44
sith is a ancient race/species that went extinct...

calvin44
it is also a beleif, religion if you will.

xyz jedi
Yeah, they believe that everyone should die because they are different and they believe Darth Revan is god. Hmmm. osama hitler

overlord
Erm.. What are you guys talking about now?

xyz jedi
sith religion.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.