Small comic universes..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

8bitChris
When I think of the universe I think of some expansive unlimited mass that we would never even dream of navagating.

When I see the DCU being divided into roughly 3000 sectors and heroes being able to travel anywhere they want in it it just seems a little small to me. (Small as far as Universes go.) Not to mention that they can get anywhere they need to pretty quickly.

Isn't there an actual wall at the end of the DCU also?

It just takes a lot of mystery out of the universe for me I guess.

I didn't watch a lot of it, but Star Trek did a pretty good job at creating an expansive Universe.

Marvel could do so much better as well. Their Universe just seems stagnant. We've had the same basic alien races for a number of years now (e.g. Kree, Skull, Shi'ar). We rarely see the cosmos anymore. We subscribe to Marvel Earth, but rarely to the Marvel U.

Mindship
Originally posted by 8bitChris
When I think of the universe I think of some expansive unlimited mass that we would never even dream of navagating.

When I see the DCU being divided into roughly 3000 sectors and heroes being able to travel anywhere they want in it it just seems a little small to me. (Small as far as Universes go.) Not to mention that they can get anywhere they need to pretty quickly.

Isn't there an actual wall at the end of the DCU also?

It just takes a lot of mystery out of the universe for me I guess.

I didn't watch a lot of it, but Star Trek did a pretty good job at creating an expansive Universe.

Marvel could do so much better as well. Their Universe just seems stagnant. We've had the same basic alien races for a number of years now (e.g. Kree, Skull, Shi'ar). We rarely see the cosmos anymore. We subscribe to Marvel Earth, but rarely to the Marvel U.

Excellent point. I think what's done-in the comic universes is this mad rush to always go for bigger, until now God is in the picture. There's no more Mystery, no more breath-taking, mind-numbing Awe, just a lot of "Holy crapolla, he can do that?" or something to this effect.

But then, it must be hard writing stories decade after decade after decade, especially when upmanship is part of the picture.

Both Multiverse Domains should come under some kind of Really Big Crunch, rebound with a Really Big Bang and start anew.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.