Darth vader (in tie advanced) vs Luke Skywalker (in Xwing)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthMaul9123
both of these are force users and taking it away from the swords we go to see em in space so who do you think will win....(i was curiouse about this the other day

exanda kane
No idea - perhaps becasue we never see either of them dogfighting with other Jedi.

SS_181st_Snow
I'd have to say Luke. His X-Wing is more manuverable than the TIE advanced, so if Vader got behind him, Luke would just pull up or down and pitch hard, but I think the TIE advanced isn't very agile, so Luke would just have to get behind him and fire.

Lil Krueger
Darth Vader wins this. He survived through Trade Federation Space Battle while other adults died and he was only 8!!. He was the best pilot in the order. Luke is just a newbie pilot compared to Vader.

SS_181st_Snow
It's not just the pilot, it's the ship too. His N-1 was very agile and sleek, but his Advanced is bulky.

exanda kane
Originally posted by SS_181st_Snow
I'd have to say Luke. His X-Wing is more manuverable than the TIE advanced, so if Vader got behind him, Luke would just pull up or down and pitch hard, but I think the TIE advanced isn't very agile, so Luke would just have to get behind him and fire.

The Tie was much more manouverable than the X-wing. In fact the Tie neglected shields and a hyperdrive for more speed and agility.

SS_181st_Snow
Actually, I think Vader's Advanced had a shield gen, it was a prototype after all, and the finished versions had shields. One of them will just have to get a lucky chance.

exanda kane
Yeah, you may be right with the Shield Gen.
Still the X-wing is far bulkier and slower than the Tie. Advanced.

SS_181st_Snow
The X-Wing can take a beating, plus Luke has R2, R2 is uber 1337!

Seriously, it'll depend on who gets the first shot.

exanda kane
Exactly and if you have Vader (numero-uno of piloting) in a Tie. Advanced. then its unlikely that even Luke could catch him unless were considering a NJO Luke here.

SS_181st_Snow
If it's NJO luke, he'll just blink and Vader's advanced will implode.

exanda kane
Exactly. But what would be the fun in that?

SS_181st_Snow
No fun at all. What about Plo Koon? I hear he's an adapt pilot.

xxxpoppunker182
Originally posted by Lil Krueger
Darth Vader wins this. He survived through Trade Federation Space Battle while other adults died and he was only 8!!. He was the best pilot in the order. Luke is just a newbie pilot compared to Vader.

anikin wasnt the best in the order Saesee Tiin was.

exanda kane
That is arguable but yes, maybe Tiin was. But then according to Jedi Starfighter so was Adi Gallia.

Darth_Glentract
Vader has this. The Tie X-1 is a much better craft. Any other starfighter should have been destroyed by a hit from the Falcon like that.

IKC
Specify, please. Is this the actual TIE Advanced (such as from TIE Fighter) or the TIE Advanced X-1?

If it's the real TIE Advanced, Vader wins easily. If it's the prototype, he'll still probably win but Luke has a better chance.

Ianus
Uh, what Luke is this? By ROTJ, I doubt he has enough experience to outfly Vader (Who was especially noted as being a great pilot). I don't know his flying experience beyond the movies however.

kamikz
Originally posted by Lil Krueger

I consider that to be more luck than skill.

Anakin flys into space.
Anakin: Artoo get us off this auto-pilot it's gonna get us both killed.
Artoo: Us both, OMG.
Auto-Pilot is off, Anakin crashes. After a while inside the Trade Federation Starship the ships energy returns, Anakin shoots and misses and hits the reactor core by accident. Then he escapes.
Though still he was much more skilled than any other child at that time.
I belive Vader takes this by far, Luke is still young while Vader has more experience and has just gotten better at flying, that's one thing that hasent weakend for him.

xxxpoppunker182
Originally posted by exanda kane
That is arguable but yes, maybe Tiin was. But then according to Jedi Starfighter so was Adi Gallia.

i thought Tiin was because his species can think better than any other species at higher speeds. i could be wrong but from what i know Tiin was the best in the order.

SS_181st_Snow
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
Vader has this. The Tie X-1 is a much better craft. Any other starfighter should have been destroyed by a hit from the Falcon like that.

What!? The falcon never hit him. The falcon destroyed the one on the left, and the other TIE slipped and lost his control, and slammed into Vader, resulting in Vader's spin.

DarthMaul9123
but still a tie fighter ramming into you and exploding on you would damage,if not destroy, any normal ship

SS_181st_Snow
It clipped the top of the wing.

DarthMaul9123
Whatever it still blew up right next to it

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.