Whos the strongest Ultimate X Men

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

soujaboy09
I think Colossus is the strongest Ultimate X Men besides mabe Wolverine or Jean, and I have read some of the vs forums here and a lot of your info about Ultimate Colossus is wrong, so i posted his info from a sponserd website.

Codename: Colossus
Group affiliation: The X-Men
Base of operations: Xavier Institute for Gifted Children
First appearance: Ultimate X-Men #1
Height: 6'6"
Weight: 250 lbs. normal, 500 lbs. in armoured form
Eye color: Blue
Hair color: Black

What the Professor says:
"Perhaps the development I'm most proud of is how Wolverine and Colossus have reinvented themselves over these last few months. Both young men raised in violence and misery, they now spend their evenings scanning newspapers for hard-luck stories and unsolved crimes... walking the streets from dusk 'til dawn in search of people who might be in need of their particular kind of help."

History:
A young Piotr Rasputin left his poverty-stricken family to make a living in the United States, where he joined the Russian Mafia. Peter kept his mutant power a secret, and became more and more sucesssful in the mafia world. However, every penny he earned was sent back to his family in Siberia.

During a illegal arms transaction on a dock in New York, Piotr and his associates were backstabbed and attacked with machine guns. Everyone on the dock was killed except for Piotr, who was saved by his mutant ability. Outted as a mutant, Piotr thought his life was over. But, he was found by Jean Grey and offered a place among the X-Men, a team of young mutants dedicated to bringing about peaceful coexistence between the two species of man. As Colossus, Piotr now serves as the squad's super-strong powerhouse!

After they were freed from the Weapon X project, Colossus and the X-Men embarked on a World Tour to promote Xavier's new book. While in London however, Colossus suddenly departed the team, and left home to Russia. With Cyclops and Marvel Girl on his trail, Piotr got a job with a car manufacturing plant, and proclaimed to Scott and Jean that he was indeed happy. Unsatisfied, the two persued Piotr until he explained his reason for leaving. Peter declared that he was unhappy with his place on the team, that he was ignored, and that none of his team members cared for him. Marvel Girl, however, disagreed, stating that his true reason was because of the feelings he had for a fellow team member. Peter promptly dismissed the two. Later that night, however, the local Russian news announced that a submarine had crashed underwater, and that there was no hope for the crews survival. Unable to sit idly by, Piotr took charge and dove to the submarine and dislodged it. When he reached the surface Colossus was doused with media attention, which proclaimed him the most famous super-hero on the planet. Peter put his grudges with the X-Men asside and left Russia with Cyclops and Marvel Girl to meet up with the X-Men in Germany, who were in a heated battle with Xavier's son David. With the professor torn between killing his son and allowing thousands of innocents to perish, Colossus took action, and crushed David with a car, ending the battle, as well as the lives of David and Col. Betsy Braddock.

Colossus and a handful of X-Men were invited to an evening out with the Hellfire Club, the X-Men's secret financers, at their headquarters in New York. There he met the Russian President, who had grown up merely a few miles from Piotr's collective in Russia. The group, including Jean, Ororo, and the Professor, were ambushed and captured. In truth, Hellfire had been monitoring Jean Grey, in order to user her as a vehicle to bring forth their ancient god, the Phoenix. The Phoenix arose in Jean, and she murdered the Hellfire Club. However, Xavier was able to force the Phoenix into submission, freeing Jean from it's grasp. Colossus was unharmed during the ordeal.

Colossus and the X-Men were forced out of the mansion with the U.S. Government on their backs. In the final climactic battle between the X-Men and The Ultimates, America's premier superhero team, Colossus stood his own against Iron Man and Thor, and was able to withstand a localized nuclear explosion direct at him by Hawkeye, proving Piotr's amazing strength.

After hiding out in a suburban New York home (unbeknownst to it's residents, thanks to Marvel Girl's abilities) Colossus and the X-Men located Magneto's flying citidal, using a signal sent by the captured Cyclops. Upon their arrival they were subdued by Magneto's control over the iron in their blood. Using his unimaginable power, Colossus was able to overcome Magneto's influence and broke free, attacking him mercilessly for the harm he had inflicted on Peter's friends, especially Wolverine. His concentration destroyed, Magneto released the X-Men who were able to apprehend him, all thanks to Piotr's determination.

In the Ultimate continuity, it has been shown that Colossus's eyes do not turn into steel, but instead remain organic and vulnerable (in the normal continuity, Colossus's eyes have been able to withstand a gunshot). Also, unlike the "normal" Colossus, when he is knocked unconscious he remains in whatever form he was in (See the "Hellfire and Brimstone" plotline)everything else seems to stay the same. In the Ultimate War crossover with the Ultimates, Colossus fought Thor and had the upper hand against the thunder god.

Colossus possesses the mutant ability to transform his entire body into solid, nigh-invulnerable, organic osmium steel. In this "armored" form, Colossus posses sufficient strength to lift over 100 tons. He can withstand the impact of a 5,000 ton speeding train, the ballistic penetration of a 110 millimeter Howitzer shell, and the explosive force of nearly 500 pounds of TNT. He is highly resistant to heat and cold (being able to receive full-force blasts from The Human Torch and/or Ice Man without taking damage) and can survive temperature extremes from -320o Fahrenheit to approximately 9000o F. Being conductive, he is immune to electricity. Colossus's armored body cannot rust.

Powers and abilities
Colossus possesses the ability to transform his entire body into a form of organic steel, named by some sources as analogous to Osmium, but of still unknown composition.

In this transformed state, Colossus' body gains around a inch in additional height and his body mass is at least doubled. The source of Colossus' gain in height and muscle mass is unknown, but possibly extradimensional.

While in his armored form, Colossus possesses significant superhuman strength. As a teenager, Colossus powers allow him in "Class 100" Power Level (able to lift in excess of 100 tons). The full limit of his strength has not been revealed. Aside from this great strength, in his steel form he possesses a high degree of invulnerability to conventional injury. Colossus' armored form can withstand extreme temperatures, falls from great heights, high caliber machine gun shells, large amounts of explosives, etc without sustaining injury. A side effect of his armor's strength enhancing effect is a vastly greater muscle efficiency than an ordinary human. While armored, his muscles generate considerably less lactic acids than those of ordinary humans, granting him superhuman levels of stamina in all activities. He can exert himself at peak capacity for several days before fatigue begins to impair him. Colossus' armored form is also invulnerable to rusting under Earthly conditions. Colossus has demonstrated very little need, if any, to breathe while he is in his armored state and there's no known limit as to how long he can remain in this form. Colossus also has no limit with his strength, as long as he ages works out in his normal form his steel form will continue to grow stronger.

Colossus cannot transform a single portion of his body into this armored state, he must either be completely transformed or remain within his normal state.

willRules
Yeah there should be a colossus respect thread...........

by the way, what i don't understand was that he was able to withstand a nuke, but so did his organic eyes. Technically wouldn't they just be incinerated............................

soujaboy09
No offense but technically a man shouldn't be able to turn his body to a organic metal.

hotsauce6548
Originally posted by soujaboy09
No offense but technically a man shouldn't be able to turn his body to a organic metal.

laughing

Souja's right, you know. roll eyes (sarcastic)

And I'd say Collosus would be the best strength wise, but Wolverine is really reguarded as an animalistic killing machine in the Ultiverse.

willRules

laughing out loud good point

soujaboy09
Originally posted by hotsauce6548
laughing

Souja's right, you know. roll eyes (sarcastic)

And I'd say Collosus would be the best strength wise, but Wolverine is really reguarded as an animalistic killing machine in the Ultiverse.

True but we have seen what the Hulk did to Wolverine(rip him in half) so i think Colossus would stand a chance.

Blood_Rayne
Colossus is badass i'm the guy punched Magneto in the stomach.

soujaboy09
Him overpowering Magneto shows hes strnger in Ultimate than his 616 counterpart.

XerxesLogan
Much stronger....granted Mags was busy but damn! For god's sake he beat up Thor! Petor is a bad-ass.

soujaboy09
Dont forget he beat up Iron Man also.

botcherby
Its a shame that Ultimate Xmen isn't canon....

I think the Ultimate universe is a way to build continuity

nate100
Him overpowering Magneto shows hes strnger in Ultimate than his 616 counterpart.

if the normal x-men is 616, then what is the ultimate universe classed as?

just wondering.

DarkCrawler

leonheartmm
he beat up thor?!

snoopdogg
Originally posted by leonheartmm
he beat up thor?! Quite easily.

snoopdogg
Dont forget he beat up Iron Man also. Yes he did.

botcherby
are his eyelids covered in steel too?

jollyjim311
No, but they become "steel-like" so they are effectively covered, but he can see through them too.

snoopdogg
It was never specified in a comic yet but we can assume that his eyes are not solid steel. Falcon proved this in Ult. Nightmare #5.

I also wanted to point out a error in that Colossus bio. It says that when he is knocked out he stays in steel form. Which is not true cause in Ult. X-men #64 Havok knocked him out in steel form and he was seen lying on the ground in human form.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by snoopdogg
It was never specified in a comic yet but we can assume that his eyes are not solid steel. Falcon proved this in Ult. Nightmare #5.

I also wanted to point out a error in that Colossus bio. It says that when he is knocked out he stays in steel form. Which is not true cause in Ult. X-men #64 Havok knocked him out in steel form and he was seen lying on the ground in human form. The Falcon thing is a bit PISish... even if it isn't it's a bit stupid... if you're eyes don't also turn to steel then you're still going to stand and face a hail of bullets eyes wide open? If they keep that "eye not steel" thing then they're gonna have to make him fight with his eyes closed all the time...

snoopdogg
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
The Falcon thing is a bit PISish... even if it isn't it's a bit stupid... if you're eyes don't also turn to steel then you're still going to stand and face a hail of bullets eyes wide open? If they keep that "eye not steel" thing then they're gonna have to make him fight with his eyes closed all the time... I agree when I read that part of the comic I wanted to throw it in the f*cking trash.

jollyjim311
In that Rise of Apocolypse game in one of the trivia machines it says that even his eyes become steel like, and I'll belive it.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by jollyjim311
In that Rise of Apocolypse game in one of the trivia machines it says that even his eyes become steel like, and I'll belive it. 616 Colossus' eyes do become steel and can withstand the impact of a .45 caliber gun.

Ult. Colossus eyes don't seem to turn into steel. Which I think is crap.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by snoopdogg
616 Colossus' eyes do become steel and can withstand the impact of a .45 caliber gun.

Ult. Colossus eyes don't seem to turn into steel. Which I think is crap. Hopefully they'll provide something more definitive on the eye thing later. I mean, if they don't transmute as well then his eyes would have melted when he was hit with the mini-nuke.

ScreaminBanshee
I have a question. If colossus changes his whole body into steel, does his private spot change into metal too?

xmarksthespot
When he transforms he also undergoes an overall increase in mass....

ScreaminBanshee
That didn't really sound right. My favorite X-man is Banshee whats yours?

ScreaminBanshee
How do i get an icon. I am new so I am pretty much lost.

xmarksthespot
I don't have a favourite X-Man per se...

There's a forum for questions on how you do things like that at the very bottom of the main page.
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f13/

kichiku_beihei
Woot, Jean Paul asked Collosus to the Home Coming Dance bunny

botcherby
as for his eyes not being covered in steel... I'm guessing they just want to create some weakness for colossus to make up for his enormous strength... also as he's a teenager as he gets older, they may become steel also.

supreme_being
iiisnt collossus gay in the ultimate universe???

Phoenix_Avatar9
yes

botcherby
Originally posted by supreme_being
iiisnt collossus gay in the ultimate universe???

what has THAT got to do with his strength ?? your so offtopic its funny

supreme_being
lol ano but like i was jw cuz i dont know if he is or not, i have to say in the recent comics, both storm n marvel girl have showed a fair amount of power! and how sad was it when gambit died?

soujaboy09
His eyes dont turn to steel.

Disappear
i dont think ultimate colossus beating up other ultimate counterparts really proves he's stronger than 616 pete. i mean, the other ultimates could be weaker than their 616 counterparts, or less combat-efficient, or whatever. and getting a hit in on magneto's not really a strength feat, though it is an "overall impressive" feat.

supreme_being
i'd rather have had collosus die than beast

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.