What would you do if you woke up with a super power?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mac Murphy
I often find it very unrealistic when super hero's automatically dedicate their lives to fighting crime and risking their lives in battle with super villians for absolutely no form of thanks. The thought of gaining a super power and then risking yourself for no reason to save the lives of ungreatful poeple that would never do the same for you isn't logical. I understand when hero's like Spider-man or Batman who have a reason to fight crime do it. After all crime took away people they loved and so its natural for them to want to fight it but for others it seems pointless. If I were to gain a super power I know for a fact I wouldn't waste my time protecting the lives of people that didn't matter to me at all and hiding behind a mask like a criminal. I would use it to make my own life easier. I'm not saying I'd be a villian using my powers to get his own way but I wouldn't be off risking my life on the front lines or anything. First of all forget this whole secret deal. I'd be open and honest about what I could do from the start. Friends and family would all be aware of my new power. Next I would use it whenever and wherever I wanted instead of only using it when I had no choice. I'd only ever protect those I feel close to like family. If there was a war then I would go on the front lines but that's different. What would you do if you gained a super power and what power/powers would you most like to have? A rapid healing factor would suit me and maybe some inhanced senses.

spencerspider
um i would practice them and then sooner or later tell sum of my friends.

Ultimate Hulk43
I wouldn't tell anyone except SOME of my family.I'd use the power to fight crime because being a criminal would only be FURTHER ENDANGERING our speices.Why not help our kind as opposed to help destroy it?But at first I would get some cash but only during the night.I'd want to have powers similar to Spiderman because he has the ability to warn himself of danger which helps ALOT in busting people.But I'd want to be able to lift 50 tons and not just 10.If not Spiderman's powers,I'd want to have Superman's powers.

spencerspider
superman is like god-like, just one weakness

Ultimate Hulk43
He has two weaknesses,Magic and Kryptonite.

spencerspider
o well whatever, anyway i would tell some family lol (dont know about my dad lol) anyway and maybe if some kids at school were picking on someone i would have to teach them a lesson

steverules
I would use it to help others. And even though the press would try to make me out as a criminal I would still fight for good, as a wise man once told me "with great power comes great responsibility".war

spencerspider
i prob would not fight crime

willRules
Originally posted by steverules
I would use it to help others. And even though the press would try to make me out as a criminal I would still fight for good, as a wise man once told me "with great power comes great responsibility".war

laughing out loud

spencerspider
yea it was fnny

Swanky-Tuna
I think it'd be hard for most of us to NOT be heroes. Can you imagine turning people away when they tell you there's a train full of nuns that's headed straight towards a train full of school children and more nuns?

I would probably totally screw myself over with my powers.

steverules
I decided to take my mask of and show my face of to a train full of people, and then when I was captured by a 8 tenticled freak I decided to free myself of the ropes I had been tied up in after my friend who wants to kill me took of my mask.

Ultimate Hulk43
Fighting crime would be best,that way you wouldn't have to worry about getting shot at every few minutes and you never know when there's going to be a reward out for a criminal.

Ultimate Hulk43
Originally posted by spencerspider
o well whatever, anyway i would tell some family lol (dont know about my dad lol) anyway and maybe if some kids at school were picking on someone i would have to teach them a lesson

But then there'd a risk of exposing your secret.

spencerspider
yea i know, but then again, i might not care

Drache53
Now this is a tough question. What would one do if they had super powers? Knowing what I know of human nature, most would probably turn to crime. Out to make a quick buck, that sorta thing.

Me personally, I'd probably become a super hero, help the innocent and such. I'd like to have powers like Supes, just toned down a good bit.

Ultimate Hulk43
But if you DID get super-powers(I'm talking about anyone),wouldn't there start being other superpowered beings to more than likely become criminals and such?I'd eventually get bored of fighting ordinary criminals,I'd at least want to have a challenge now and then.

Drache53
Amen. If something happens to turn one guy into a super-powered being, someone else has to pop up with super powers. There has to be balance in the universe.

kanis
alucard Depends if i was a human/ demon hybrid and i didn't look me then i would adopt a new persona but if gained super strength the ability to fly i would have a secret identity because if their were supervillians then if they found out who i am they kidnap or kill my family.
Doesn't also depend on the location you are in if you are in metropolis or gotham which are big cities then your sorted but if you are in a village or a small town with virtually no crime whats so ever then what will do then rescue cats from trees help old people carry their shopping.

The Ones
first. design a costume, kill everyone who has teased me or bullied me and everyone i just hate. then get another costume and fight crime

Mac Murphy
I created this thread so I have to check in from time to time. Anyway so far no one has given me an example of the super power they would like to have or explained why they chose that power. Since I work on a building site and are constantly injuring myself (treading on a nail was my latest) a healing factor would come in very handy and as for super human senses I think they would be cool. Thanks to all of you for answering my question and I'll be back to check later

Mac xxxx

steverules
I was bitten by a radioactive half pimp half spider, I am now the amazing spider-pimp-man-thingy. I have a pimp spider sence. And have the ability to do pimp slaps.

The Ones
I would love to teleport and have supernova. so i can escape and burn my enemies, get anywhere i want, when i want and show off

Swanky-Tuna
I would want some kind of power based on energy manipulation.

Next Venom_girl
I'd like a symbiote or the ability to shapeshift (i.e. werewolf, etc). The main reason would be to freak people out and throw cars around for fun just because I'd be able to. Also a symbiote would provide instant chamoflage so you can hide if someone takes notice of minor acts of vandalism.

Also teleportation and manipulation of space-time would be good. Wouldn't have to worry about being late. Also you could just freeze a time for a week to go goof off and play videogames... (on second thought better add immortality to that bag otherwise you'd grow old while everyone else stayed young as time froze or something. Curse you Relativity!) stick out tongue

Ultimate Hulk43
I'd want super-strength and invulnerability,just so when people try to fight me they'll hurt their hands trying to hurt me.I'd also want super-speed so I'd be able to do things in a second without anyone knowing.Flight would also be good just to get some fresh air every now and again.

Spideys Sister
1) pinch myself
2)Make a costume
3) Think of a corrisponding name
4)Brag on KMC and make you think I'm lying
5)pinch myself again
6) Hit the streets....
Powers
1) The fantastic4s powers....
2) Spidermans Powers.

DBZ MAN
i would want super strength, super speed, flight and energy projection.
i would wear a kik ass cape..or not and fly an live in NEW YORK. mayb ill wear a mask at first. but yeah i'd show my secret identity to all tha ladys inda house..the cute ones.

Ultimate Hulk43
Capes....not for me.They're cool but I just wouldn't want to wear one in real life.If I could choose from the F4's powers,I'd have super-strength and fire powers.

kanis
alucard i would have an not very obvious costume that would blend in with the background, also i think that i already have the power of teleportation because i surprise people by just being behind them.

Ultimate Hulk43
I'd just rip-off a comic character and make a suit out of that.

v3n0m
It would be fantastic if you bond with objects like a brick wall,
Then if you need some power, you wait in a wall.. then you steal someones lifeforce, just like Carnage in The Sins Of The Fathers, Chapter XI..

Ultimate Hulk43
Come to think of,stealing people's lifeforces would be cool.

Spideys Sister
Originally posted by DBZ MAN
i would want super strength, super speed, flight and energy projection.
i would wear a kik ass cape..or not and fly an live in NEW YORK. mayb ill wear a mask at first. but yeah i'd show my secret identity to all tha ladys inda house..the cute ones. Don't hate on New Yorkers. cool Originally posted by Ultimate Hulk43
Capes....not for me.They're cool but I just wouldn't want to wear one in real life.If I could choose from the F4's powers,I'd have super-strength and fire powers. Capes Suck. Something water fire and electric proofed. But still skin tight and sexy as hell.

Family_guy725
i'd use my power to pick up more girls as a wise pimp once said
"he he allllllriiiiiiiight"

NoFate007
I'd wonder about it at first, go see a doctor, go nuts trying them out, then use it for personal gain, then finally come to terms with things and use it to help others, since I'm the therapeutic guy and whatnot anyway.

doctorstrongbad
I would have to test them out to make sure it was real. I might want to avoid the doctor unless it was somebody I really trust. You have to make a cool costume. I would love magnetic powers, so many thing you could do. Fly, manipulate metal, effect machines, create protective barriers. Learn from the master by reading every comic with Magneto in it. A symbiote would also be awesome from the power to change outfits, adapt, super healing, endurance and strength. Yes that would make me a happy camper. smile

The Ones
has anyone ever seen taken where Jacob Clark could make people see there own deaths, i would love that. Also magnetic abilitys, supernova, invulerability and stop time.

house
Alright I would want super speed, telepathy, strength(100 tons), Flight and a healing factor. I would overthrow the u.s government. Kill everybody that opposed me and that were my enemies. Turn the human race into my slaves to build a castle for me, After I am a god on earth and everybody worships me I would give my family alot of money maybe a couple of billion then I would venture into space and try to find intelligent life. When I found intelligent life I would make them worship me and as usual kill all who oppose me, Then I would pit them against earth in a galactic war and watch the bloodbath. Then the winners would have the honour of worshipping me. Alright thats all I can think of at the moment

Spideys Sister
Is it me or is Flying one of the most under-rated superpowers?

doctorstrongbad
Flying is a good power, but some people make it seem like heroes have to fly or they are lame. There are a lot of great super heroes who don't fly.

Lord Magnus
OK, if I woke up with a super power...

I live in an extremely suburban area so I couldn't just find a crime by swinging/flying around. I'd kinda have to move somewhere closer to work (and with a larger number of people who don't hate comics). I guess I'd help people but only if I got some serious powers. I'd be scared to death if I had to fight crime as Shadowcat or Mr. Fantastic (except stupider) or something. If I were more like Spider-Man or Superman I'd do my part but wouldn't make a profession out of it. Aside from that I'd tell a trusted inner circle and have fun (in the web-swinging around sense, not in the above the law sense.)

Ultimate Hulk43
I'd just save people whenever I can.And I'd have to have a great costume.

DarkCrawler
Superman's powers. I would do anything I wanted. Not crimes, and it would be cool to save people once and for while, but I would also use my powers to make me rich.

Ultimate Hulk43
You'd just have to superspeed inside and out of the bank with loads of money and nobody will see you and no harm done. big grin

Spideys Sister
Originally posted by Ultimate Hulk43
You'd just have to superspeed inside and out of the bank with loads of money and nobody will see you and no harm done. big grin Like I said, what girl wouldn't want a man who can move at the speed of light?yes

Spiderkid515
id wouldnt mind any power. i'd prefer to be liek wolverine spiderman iceman or colossus. i wouldnt fight crime id only fight if my friends or family would be in trouble n id tell every1 abt it

Ultimate Hulk43
Originally posted by Spideys Sister
Like I said, what girl wouldn't want a man who can move at the speed of light?yes

yes big grin laughing out loud

Spideys Sister
yes big grin laughing out loud laughing

b-dan
if i woke up with a superpower well first i would be scared then probably use it to kill people i hate a robe a few banks in my town no super heros there i would love ot have dr dooms power or venoms!!!

Ultimate Hulk43
1.It's rob,not robe.A robe is a housecoat.

2.Dr.Doom doesn't have superpowers,he has weapons.

redcaped
Superman has all the powers you can imagine, but if I have to choose 1 I take flying. But, what's better than eternity like Thor. Is there anyone of you willing to live forever? Rule #1 you can't have children.

Spideys Sister
1.It's rob,not robe.A robe is a housecoat.

2.Dr.Doom doesn't have superpowers,he has weapons. Sonys Doom does.

Bushwacker
I'm thinking this is a hard question to answer. My first instinct would be to test my limits, but then that depends on what the power is that I've gained. For instance, if it was the power of flight I wouldn't start flying around because the power could just give out and I'd fall out of the sky. If I was able to be intangible I don't think I'd start walking through walls and take the chance of being stuck halfway through. So I'd be really cautious about the use of my powers for awhile.
And I don't think I'd tell anybody about my powers, because I wouldn't want people calling or knocking on my door 24/7 asking me to use my powers for their benefit. "Hey can you fly up and adjust my satellite dish?" or "I locked my keys in my car. Can you reach through the door and open it?"
Another problem with telling people would be the loss of privacy. It would be instant celebrity status, only worse because there's nobody else out there who can do what you do. You'd be living in a fishbowl.
So I guess if I ever did wake up with a super power I'd have to start wearing glasses to hide my secret identity.

doctorstrongbad
I would love to have super powers, even if I had to sacrifice something or some one. It would be worth it. wink

Ultimate Hulk43
Originally posted by Spideys Sister
Sonys Doom does.

Although that was cool,it wasn't the original story of Dr.Doom and in the original story he just has a bunch of deadly gadgets.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.