The Death Scene

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

KMCF
How was Cedric's Death??? I have yet to see the film but am anxiously awaiting it.

Emily_depp
Originally posted by KMCF
How was Cedric's Death??? I have yet to see the film but am anxiously awaiting it.

u vel hav to wait

danagrint
OMG! THE MOVIE WAS SO GOOD! THE BEST ONE YET!

Anoushka
that scene?i bit anticlimatic i think messed
in my opinion anyway.

danagrint
the part were he died was fast though

Anoushka
yeah,that's partly what i meant.

then again,it IS meant to be a quick,sudden death so i guess it works too smile

but um i don't get why they wanted him to walk around asking stupid questions before he got killed.think it would've been better if they've followed the book and killed him immediately after the portkey thing

brokenangel
Yeah it was the first time I cried at a Harry Potter film. I got a bit teary eyed but the girl that was sitting next to me was completely bawling. So it got me going. I thought it was an awesome scene.

KMCF
Do they actuall show him getting hit with the spell

dansdaman
i so cried....my friend was making fun of me...but it was sad when harry came back and he was just clutching his body saying he wasnt going to let go....cry

dansdaman
Do they actuall show him getting hit with the spell

yes they do

KMCF
How is the spells impact

dansdaman
he just kinda flys away and you see his face with his eyes wide open...of course there's the green light and everything

Raven Guardia
Originally posted by dansdaman
i so cried....my friend was making fun of me...but it was sad when harry came back and he was just clutching his body saying he wasnt going to let go....cry

I know, I wanted to cry because poor harry was so devastated. and when Voldy started to touch harrys head when he was Tom Riddles tomb stone i wanted to kill Voldy and be like "get your filthy hands off him you bastard!" cry I am in love with harry sad embarrasment

dansdaman
Originally posted by Raven Guardia
I know, I wanted to cry because poor harry was so devastated. and when Voldy started to touch harrys head when he was Tom Riddles tomb stone i wanted to kill Voldy and be like "get your filthy hands off him you bastard!" cry I am in love with harry sad embarrasment

omg i completely agree!!...son of a #$%@ is what i was saying in the movie theatre....harry is such a nice guy...so precious to me....lol

ladygrim
sad its was upsetting ive never even had a tear in my eye at any movie til this

Nick1989
I have to admit it was the most emotional scene in a Harry Potter film yet. That scene was far more powerful then Anakin being burned while Obi Wan was watching.

Luna150
I thought it was good and quick and showed how evil voldemort is. It wasn't lame like most films where they take ages to kill someone.

The bit where harry is transported back to hogwarts with cedrics body...that has to be the best harry potter film moment yet. Fluer screaming and everyone slowly realising he is dead and harry not letting
go and cedrics dad crying...

Movie_Geek_
I went and saw it with my mom and brother. I thought they did a real good job with the deth seen, then I notice my mom is crying. laughing out loud I made fun of her for it and called me a ice queen. It saw vary sad though, I have to saw it was just as hard seeing it screen as reading it in the book, but I knew it was coming so it was not that bad.

DarkC
....how many people cried in the theatre? blink

Sir J
i didnt cry but the way you just hear

voldemort: kill the spare
wormtail: avada kedavra

and cedric just got hit with the green light and flew backwards even though i read that bit i was still speechless in the cinema and when they got back and people cheering, fleur screamin and the cheers of the crowd suddenly turned into gasps and crys it was emotional but i didnt cry it was worth watching

Raven Guardia
Originally posted by Nick1989
I have to admit it was the most emotional scene in a Harry Potter film yet. That scene was far more powerful then Anakin being burned while Obi Wan was watching.

just wait till the death scenes in movie 5 and 6 they will be even more emotional. sad Sirius and Dumbledor sad

ILuvRUPERT1091
i totally cried..... I mean not full fledged crying but still crying. The whole Fluer screaming then everyone relizes he's dead was great

The Phantom
It was after they came back when I actually felt something. It was sad then, and I hate to say it but tears came to my eyes it was so sad.

actor
I didnt cry but i got tears in my eyes.

Especially when i saw Cho crying (no one has mentioned that bit)

And also when Dumbledore is talking to the school at the very end. I filled up again on that part. sad

Insomnia
Cedric looked very corpse-like after he died. It was a cool death, not one of those hinted-at/happens off-camera deaths.

ash007
also the bit where Cedric dads saw him dead on the floor.

broke my heart when he cried for his son sad

ladygrim
Originally posted by Raven Guardia
just wait till the death scenes in movie 5 and 6 they will be even more emotional. sad Sirius and Dumbledor sad

too me the death in five will be more upsetting than 6 sad

Raven Guardia
Originally posted by ladygrim
too me the death in five will be more upsetting than 6 sad

actually for me it will probably be more book 6 then 5 cry but In book 5 the end where he is end Dumbledors office and just looses it will be sad cry

ladygrim
most defintly

Nick1989
In my opinion i believe the death of Sirius is not going to be more emotional than Cedric's death(in the film).

I believe this will be true becuase Sirius was not in the film too long. They should have put him in at the end. I believe the Goblet of Fire was not faithfull too the book. So the emotion we have expressed while reading the book will not be the same as film 6.

I think that the only death that will be far far beyond emotion will be the death of Dumbledore.

When i read the Goblet of Fire i did not express any signs of emotions to Cedric's death. But when i watched the film my views changes. When i found out out Dumbledore i was shocked! I couldint believe it.

ladygrim
ive said that tooo unless youve read the books you can't really know they characters that much from just watching the movies and if you have only watched the movies you havent met sirius black much so how are people meant to be 'touched' by his death ........ but i a book reader will surely be sad

Prince Nauj
this sceen was really touching. The part that really got me is when harry returns and he doesnt want to let go of cedrics body. I was like ouch ...

Henrik1991
That scene is pretty heartbreaking... but it gives the movie a kick.... i was sitting in the Cinema and couldn't wait to discuss the movie with my friends, but after the Death Scene and after movie when everybody was walking out, nobody said enything :-S... kind of spooky... you could see in peoples eyes that noboby really liked the ending.... personaly i hate it... Cedric's death was total Heartbreaking....

Sir J
i saw it again tonight just got back over an hour ago but the death still made me upset the bit where they come back with the cheers and slowly changing to screams it was really done well how its just like woah when cedric dies you need a moment just to take it all in

brilliant thumb up

ladygrim
^ same here we had some talkers at the back of the cinema through vast majoity of the movie but as soon as cedrics death happen BAM the whole place went silent .....

Luna150
The guy behind be stoped kicking my chair once cedric died. ROCK ON!

Sir J
Originally posted by Luna150
The guy behind be stoped kicking my chair once cedric died. ROCK ON! lol

DarkC
In HBP movie, everyone will probably be bawling at the end.

ladygrim
^ nah i wont be id be GO SNAPE GO SNAPE

seanjones
the movie was well made and nicly acted out perfectly ... i think the next movie will be more heart breaking.... when harrys only true parent dies... and then DD's army, it will be great... i want to see who they will get for umbridge... lol now im blabing.

ladygrim
^ i cant wait to see wat umbridge looks like too ....

gshkris7272
Cedircs death was really fast.. im really surprised..

Makae
You're surprised? His death wasn't any faster then it was in the book...

Princess Lyla
It was emotional for me too, the acting there was so great, Cedric's dad, harry as he held on to cedric's body, everything was great, and voldemort reallyis a sick f***, but I would have to say that as a book reader I'll be devastated when they make Dumbledore's death, and Sirius's aswell.

gshkris7272
Originally posted by Makae
You're surprised? His death wasn't any faster then it was in the book...

yeah i havent read the books yet.. but im planning to do so, soon!

ladygrim
Originally posted by gshkris7272
Cedircs death was really fast.. im really surprised..

quick the Avada Kedavra curse isnt the torture curse you know its more wham bam job ...over done just like that ..

Lyn
Yeah. That's how it was in the book. Sort of just, one/two sentences and Cedric is gone. That's what makes it so shocking. She achieves the same with Sirius and Dumbledore. I had to re-read the paragraph both times to make sure that's what had happened.

Cedric's final scenes in the movie were devastating. That was so well done. The curse, Harry's reaction, Amos' shock. How swiftly the mood changes... the music, the lighting. I was blubbering away.

JesuseyGoodness
Originally posted by danagrint
True, but they didn't set the bar very high did they?

Take_Me_Away
I was more devestated by the death in HBP than in OotP, but I belive that the death in OotP will be a more emotional scene in the movie...Harry will be sobbing...and screaming...

gshkris7272
Originally posted by ladygrim
quick the Avada Kedavra curse isnt the torture curse you know its more wham bam job ...over done just like that ..

oh...

exanda kane
Originally posted by danagrint
But then the rest of HP films are complete balls anyway...PoA had is moments though

Lyn
Originally posted by Take_Me_Away
I was more devestated by the death in HBP than in OotP, but I belive that the death in OotP will be a more emotional scene in the movie...Harry will be sobbing...and screaming...
I think too, the HBP death seemed very final... she almost left some possibility with OotP, with Luna's last words etc.
I agree about the OotP death being quite emotional in the film, I thought Harry's reaction to Cedric's death was very well acted and Snuffles is much more than just a friendly rival.

bubbles33
when fleur screamed i had goosebumps all over my arms and legs

gshkris7272
yeah, i was a little scary, im not going to lie.

sammii
tjhe film in general missed alot of in my opinion good details the death seen was ova 2 quick n there was 0only abowt 5 death eaters ....that,ll be a gud fight volly n 5 deatheaters v the rest of the wizerding world lol xxxx

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.