Judgement

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

_Sanctuary_
Does your religion mean you judge people differently to others?

Would you be friends with someone who had an abortion or was gay?

I hate it when people judge others when they haven't been in their situation or can't understand them.....

KPrince
Does your religion mean you judge people differently to others? Hmm...no, not my religion.

Would you be friends with someone who had an abortion or was gay?
Is this question in relation to a person's religious beliefs? If so, then it would depend on their religion and not so much on their own personal views...unless their views coincide with their religion.

debbiejo
I am friends with ALMOST everyone who crosses my path...I look at the inner person, and you'd also be surprised how many people in the church are gay or had an abortion....no...I don't judge, but the doctrines of many churches does.

And I did say ALMOST, cause if a person is toooo negative, I seem to seem to polarize away from them....

Sure I know what you mean too...If you look into a drug addict, a prostitutes, or...well etc.....They never planned on being what they are...Something happened to them that cause them to move in that direction.....

_Sanctuary_
I often find that some people dislike others, because they can't understand them - it is infuriating!

KPrince
Originally posted by _Sanctuary_
I often find that some people dislike others, because they can't understand them - it is infuriating!

I understand your point, but this is something that is human, we as human beings judge based, all too often, on lack of understanding. It doesn't matter what religion or belief we are a part of, we all can judge. Even if we have no belief, we still judge. Is it wrong? Yes. Is it because of religion? Not always, it is a human flaw. Most of the time religions or belief systems are used to justify someone's judgments about other people.

_Sanctuary_
Yeah, and I suppose on a persons religion too...

this is part of the reason I try to be open-minded about things, but with people who are particularly judgemental it is hard to get your point accorss erm

debbiejo
That's why many people view god as judgmental...It's a human flaw.

_Sanctuary_
I guess... But with certain members of my family it seems that their religion changes there judgement on people...

debbiejo
How so?

_Sanctuary_
Well I find with some of my catholic friends you even mention the word "gay" and they act like you are evil....

debbiejo
Originally posted by _Sanctuary_
Well I find with some of my catholic friends you even mention the word "gay" and they act like you are evil.... I know what you mean.....I just say "It's not my place to judge"...and If I know they're Christians then I say "Who am I to judge, isn't that gods job?"

_Sanctuary_
yeah...mad They still judge anyway!

debbiejo
Then tell them they are being judgeful, and there is a scripture that states that we are not allowed to judge...."for as you judge, so you shall also be judged."

KPrince
Originally posted by debbiejo
Then tell them they are being judgeful, and there is a scripture that states that we are not allowed to judge...."for as you judge, so you shall also be judged."

well said, debbiejo.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.