Batman v Shang Chi

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ron Jeremy
One inch punch away smile hiyahhhhh

roughrider
Batman doesn't have the pure heart Shang has. He'll start talking about different kinds of fish he's caught, what he saw in their eyes when he looked, Bruce will be thinking WTF with this guy - Oh they're fighting in a fish market - and Bats slips on some calamari and Shang stuns him with a nearby eel. big grin

thesilverspider
shang judo chops bats on his neck

Lucid Lui
Shang-Chi all the way if it's strict hand to hand...

srankmissingnin
Shang Chi would destroy Bruce...

jinzin
didn't shang shi lose to wolverine in a h2h?

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by jinzin
didn't shang shi lose to wolverine in a h2h?

Yup in three panels

jinzin
so why would batman lose h2h?

srankmissingnin
so why would batman lose h2h?

Because not only is Batman not as skilled as either Shang Chi or Wolverine but he isn't nearly as fast or strong.

Some Shang Chi facts. His father was a master of every martial art style. and he beat him, the later he went to the temple where his father was trained and fought half a dozen monks who know ever martial art style and beat them at the same time. Even with out chi ampage Shang Chi is out of Bruce's league, I'd give him an even break against Shiva.

jinzin
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Because not only is Batman not as skilled as either Shang Chi or Wolverine but he isn't nearly as fast or strong.

Some Shang Chi facts. His father was a master of every martial art style. and he beat him, the later he went to the temple where his father was trained and fought half a dozen monks who know ever martial art style and beat them at the same time. Even with out chi ampage Shang Chi is out of Bruce's league, I'd give him an even break against Shiva.

bruce downed shiva in half a page... confused

i don't think wolverine's skills in h2h are THAT superior to bat's if superior at all.

srankmissingnin
Bruce beat Shiva at the end of a even fight after Robin surprised her and that was a long time ago, Shiva is much better now... heck she is much better then she was when Batgirl nudged out her win. Unless you are talking about the first ... "fight"

Batman is a good fighter an all but lets face it he barely gets into DC'S top ten.

jinzin
umm superman/batman 3 batman beats the crippity crap out of her in half a page AFTER putting down solomon grundy... and BEFORE taking out gorilla grodd.

being able to hold his own against atreous when the rest of the JLA barring superman could not.. definitely puts him in the top 10 in my book...

srankmissingnin
umm superman/batman 3 batman beats the crippity crap out of her in half a page AFTER putting down solomon grundy... and BEFORE taking out gorilla grodd.

being able to hold his own against atreous when the rest of the JLA barring superman could not.. definitely puts him in the top 10 in my book...

Bah that title does not exist... I don't believe it! Do you know how long I have been trying to get all memories of the Superman/Batman title out of my head? *sigh* And I was so close

jinzin
i like the series... confused

srankmissingnin
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

And you call yourself a cyber ninja... for shame!

Anyway the entire issue was crap, Grundy has always been a chump who jobs not stop but Bruce beating him with his bare hands is a stretch almost as much has him koing Shiva with one punch..

jinzin
dude.. lets get one thing straight.. my taste in comic has NOTHING to do with my ninja skillz...

srankmissingnin
Your good... but no s-rank ninja like myself. An A maybe?

lifeisaglich
How was wolverine able to beat shang chi in three panels.....in my book those monks that Shang chi fought where just there to occupy space...How and in three panels.....yap those monks where posers. laughing posers I tell ya...

lifeisaglich
Hey....so you to saw that batman and Shiva where break even in that encounter....nice.

Batman is in the the top ten...top five even. You cannot be call one of the greatest martial artist alive (what I wrote is not exactly correct but you get the idea) and not be anywhere around top ten.

XerxesLogan
I would give bats and shang chi equal creidability....I would definately say Shang gets Bruce in H2H fighting...but thats not where Bat's effectiveness lies...it's his inteligence.....so given the varing circumstances I'd say 6/10 in favor of Batman.

thesilverspider
Originally posted by XerxesLogan
I would give bats and shang chi equal creidability....I would definately say Shang gets Bruce in H2H fighting...but thats not where Bat's effectiveness lies...it's his inteligence.....so given the varing circumstances I'd say 6/10 in favor of Batman.

it dont matter how smart you are when you're getting karate chopped in the face

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by lifeisaglich
Hey....so you to saw that batman and Shiva where break even in that encounter....nice.

Batman is in the the top ten...top five even. You cannot be call one of the greatest martial artist alive (what I wrote is not exactly correct but you get the idea) and not be anywhere around top ten.

Shiva is much more skilled then she was during that fight way back when, she used to be about even with Bruce... now she is in a whole different ball park.

DC Top Martial artists (in order of my oppinion)

Karate Kid
Shiva/Richard Dragon (fight would be an even split)
Connor Hawke
Batgirl
Bronze Tiger
Batman

Batman is number 7 in that list... and personally I got the impression that Red Hood was a superior fighter during their fight but I left him off due to his limited appearances and that would make Batman 8th in a list of ten. And I remember a Teen Titans character (whos name slips my mind) who I recall being said to be better then Batman as well... which brings him to 9th.

Ron Jeremy
Shiva is much more skilled then she was during that fight way back when, she used to be about even with Bruce... now she is in a whole different ball park.

Karate Kid
Connor Hawke
Batgirl
Bronze Tiger
Batman

Batman is number 7 in that list... and personally I got the impression that Red Hood was a superior fighter during their fight but I left him off due to his limited appearances and that would make Batman 8th in a list of ten. And I remember a Teen Titans character (whos name slips my mind) who I recall being said to be better then Batman as well... which brings him to 9th.

You forget Nemesis kid

srankmissingnin
True enough, he did beat KK after all

Ron Jeremy
True enough, he did beat KK after all

yes he did smile good knowledge

Superherovandal
Wolverine only wins 99% of his fights due to his healing powers that are greatly exaggerated. His only martial art is Slash-fu.

Superherovandal
I would place Batgirl above Connor Hawke. Wolverine is said to have a ton of skills but shows about none what so ever. I would place Bats above Wolvie.

roughrider

Karate Kid
Connor Hawke
Batgirl
Bronze Tiger
Batman

Come on; Batgirl above the original? And Bats has beaten Bronze Tiger a few times.

roughrider
Originally posted by Superherovandal
Wolverine only wins 99% of his fights due to his healing powers that are greatly exaggerated. His only martial art is Slash-fu.

laughing out loud

srankmissingnin
Batgirl is better fighter then Batman and Bronze Tiger is also a better Martial Artist/Fighter but against Batman fights are rarely decided in strictly h2h combat.

Wolverine is an incredibility skilled fighter even Stick gives Wolverine skill a lot of credit (the reason he sends Elektra to help him reclaim is humanity) but with Wolverines abilities it would be a hindrance to use traditional martial arts fighting styles in a fight and stretch his fights out a lot longer then needed. Wolverine can take a hit from almost anyone and since he doesn't need to concentrate on avoiding it he can focus all his attention on landing his own hits.

Wolverine is one of the most skilled fighters in the Marvel universe he just has his own fighting style that works for him and lets be honest he doesn't just flail his arms around slashing randomly, he fights with incredible accuracy and speed. Just because he tossed assume flashy posses every panel doesn't mean he isn't skilled.

Superherovandal
he just runs in there slashes stuff, and runs out like a mad man. He don't even care if he loses a couple of limbs along the way. I can't blame him. But Batman actually has a fighting style to him. If we took all of Wolvie superhuman abilites and healing and took away Bat's belt Bats would murder wolvie.

lifeisaglich
Batman is right there with Richard Dragon.....Lady shiva.....but in the low end of the spectrum (simply because he hides behind his gadgets allot) and above batgirl. This is because in that encounter where you had both batman and batgirl smelling that gas that made them to want to fight each other batman was the one fighting the effects of the gass. Now is it true that batgirl's martial arts is better than batman's not by much just as I will not give batgirl the win in a pure fight. And how is Connor above batman his first stand aganist shiva almost got him pushing daises. Where it not robin who asked shiva to stop.

K Von Doom
Wolverine has fighting skills but he usually wins via his incredible damage soak, healing factor and quick-kill stab.

Superherovandal
he just isn't in the elite of Marvel in my book.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by lifeisaglich
Batman is right there with Richard Dragon.....Lady shiva.....but in the low end of the spectrum (simply because he hides behind his gadgets allot) and above batgirl. This is because in that encounter where you had both batman and batgirl smelling that gas that made them to want to fight each other batman was the one fighting the effects of the gass. Now is it true that batgirl's martial arts is better than batman's not by much just as I will not give batgirl the win in a pure fight. And how is Connor above batman his first stand aganist shiva almost got him pushing daises. Where it not robin who asked shiva to stop.

Richard Dragon called Bruce a "talented amateur" in his series. Batman isn't in Dragon's league where as Connor is, heck Bruce himself has said that Connor (and Batgirl) is the superior martial artists. There was a time when Bruce was the best of the best in the martial arts world but not any longer. Batman is DC's best detective, the best martial artist? Hardly.

jinzin
Richard Dragon called Bruce a "talented amateur" in his series. Batman isn't in Dragon's league where as Connor is, heck Bruce himself has said that Connor (and Batgirl) is the superior martial artists. There was a time when Bruce was the best of the best in the martial arts world but not any longer. Batman is DC's best detective, the best martial artist? Hardly.

then how come he stalemated her ass?

wolverine8888
Batgirl is better fighter then Batman and Bronze Tiger is also a better Martial Artist/Fighter but against Batman fights are rarely decided in strictly h2h combat.

Wolverine is an incredibility skilled fighter even Stick gives Wolverine skill a lot of credit (the reason he sends Elektra to help him reclaim is humanity) but with Wolverines abilities it would be a hindrance to use traditional martial arts fighting styles in a fight and stretch his fights out a lot longer then needed. Wolverine can take a hit from almost anyone and since he doesn't need to concentrate on avoiding it he can focus all his attention on landing his own hits.

Wolverine is one of the most skilled fighters in the Marvel universe he just has his own fighting style that works for him and lets be honest he doesn't just flail his arms around slashing randomly, he fights with incredible accuracy and speed. Just because he tossed assume flashy posses every panel doesn't mean he isn't skilled.

I agree

wolverine8888
he just runs in there slashes stuff, and runs out like a mad man. He don't even care if he loses a couple of limbs along the way. I can't blame him. But Batman actually has a fighting style to him. If we took all of Wolvie superhuman abilites and healing and took away Bat's belt Bats would murder wolvie.

actauly if u gave them both the same abilities and had them fight wolverine would win. his body and mind are one which would make him move faster then batman strickly from that. also if u read wolverine u would know his powers have been stripped fully befor and he still beat sabertooth and lady death strike. wolverine with out his powers and batman with out his stuff wolverine would most deffently win.

srankmissingnin
then how come he stalemated her ass?

He was hardly fighting the same character, current Shiva is leaps and bounds better then she was when Bruce stalemated her way back in the day, you know character development and such

jinzin
He was hardly fighting the same character, current Shiva is leaps and bounds better then she was when Bruce stalemated her way back in the day, you know character development and such

back in the day? I'm talking about no man's land.. that's far from back in the day.. blink

srankmissingnin
Which volume?

jinzin
don't know which volume off the top if my head.. sorry..

wolverine8888
also doesent shang chi have over peak human reflexes and agility.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by wolverine8888
also doesent shang chi have over peak human reflexes and agility.

Yes

wolverine8888
what kidna agility and reflexes does he have liek what character is he around

srankmissingnin
He can use his chi to around Spider-man level

wolverine8888
nice. I new it was high but i never realize he could make it that high. so wolverine taking him out in seconds is a better feat then I thought lol

srankmissingnin
To be fair Shang did job pretty hard there. I think Wolverine would own Shang Chi but only as much as Razor Fist or Zaran

Piedmon
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

And you call yourself a cyber ninja... for shame!

Anyway the entire issue was crap, Grundy has always been a chump who jobs not stop but Bruce beating him with his bare hands is a stretch almost as much has him koing Shiva with one punch..

You're forgetting all these characters were under mind-control by Grodd...

It is a well-documented fact that in any comic universe, characters under mind-control do not fight as well as when they are fighting of their own volition. Unless Warren Ellis is is doing the title.

Draco69
I just read a Shang-Chi respect thread. Without some serious gadgets, Batman gets stomped hard. Batman's libary is more varied but Shang-Chi has some crazy-ass feats that put him above Batman in terms of chi skill.

roughrider
Let's ask Doug Moench - these two characters (plus Moon Knight) are who he's best known for. smart
Who's gonna make the call?

jinzin
Originally posted by Draco69
I just read a Shang-Chi respect thread. Without some serious gadgets, Batman gets stomped hard. Batman's libary is more varied but Shang-Chi has some crazy-ass feats that put him above Batman in terms of chi skill.

well yeah.. with the aplication of chi it's a curbstomp in chi's favor.. i was pondering a strictly h2h fight.

Ron Jeremy
Originally posted by roughrider
Let's ask Doug Moench - these two characters (plus Moon Knight) are who he's best known for. smart
Who's gonna make the call?

Indeed he is and his runs on all three are some of the most underatted brilliant comics of all time. Sadly RR I do not have his number sad

olympian
Shang chi wins h2h.

He and Richard Dragon are for me the pinnacle of MA on both universes.

Lucid Lui
Originally posted by Draco69
Got a link to the thread? I've been looking for some good Shang-Chi scans. big grin

Superherovandal
Richard Dragon lost to Lady Shiva. I would say that Karate Kid is the pinacle of martial arts.

srankmissingnin
Richard Dragon lost to Lady Shiva. I would say that Karate Kid is the pinacle of martial arts.

He was about to kill her with the Lepards Blow before he was pulled off of her, IMO Dragon vs Shiva is an a even split fight that could go in any way.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.