Superman on steroids vs. Gladiator

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DrDoom101
Let's say Superman takes steroids. Who wins? This isn't a spite thread or a joke thread. shifty

Metalmanx
Gladiator still.

Darth_Erebus
Gladiator.

Juntai
Superman wins and he doesn't need steriods.

Avalonofthewind
Ditto.

snoopdogg
Fa Shizzle.

yahman
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
Ditto.

What the hell are steroids going to do ? We are talking about the most genetically advanced muscle's in the universe !

"Superman wins and he doesn't need steriods."

I agree current Supes is far more impressive than the Hulk/Thor loosing Gladiator. No steroids needed ! smile

The Ion
Ditto squared.

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by yahman
What the hell are steroids going to do ? We are talking about the most genetically advanced muscle's in the universe !

"Superman wins and he doesn't need steriods."

I agree current Supes is far more impressive than the Hulk/Thor loosing Gladiator. No steroids needed ! smile

How DARE you ATTEMPT to show others LOGIC in this forum!

Closing thread...

roughrider
What kind of steroids would help him? Time-travel back to a Kryptonian drugstore and buy tons of creatine? laughing Basically, steroids for Kal would just be a long sun-dip. I don't know what to say about these Glads match-ups, because they're really the same person, and can go either way.

thesilverspider
gladiator is the one that is gonna need the steroids to get that extra boost of confidence he needs just to hang with supes.

DrDoom101
shifty

superman302
lol i reading a comic the other day when reed richards beat gladiator it was terrible.

brainchild81
Gladiator. Especially when Superman tells him that he's been taking steriods.

gladiator69
gladiator of course would knock out superman. you saw what gladiator did to juggy he threw him 10 miles away across the ocean and it didnt do a damn thing to gladiator when juggy hit him. if superman and juggy go at it im sure superman would win also but juggy would still get afew hits at him just like hulk did in another comic book and hulk and juggy are close when it comes to strength

golem370
Gladiator is to Smart to ruthless. He do to Superman what he did to Thing Throw a car while Superman putting it down Gladiator fly up to Superman knock him twenty blocks then while Supermans dazed Gladiator walks up to Superman toss how ever far he threw the Thing into the Building. While Superman hurtin and trying to understand what happened to him Gladiator fly up there and this is where it differs he would teleagraph it to where when Superman stood up he fly up there and hit him as hard and as fast as he get from the road to the top floor of the Building.With that shot he K.O's Superman. While Superman's down Gladiator goes up to orbit and like the Hulk did in the Movie to that tank Gladiator flings Superman Millions of Miles into blackness where Superman sufocates.

Lucid Lui
Glads wins...

jrodslam
Originally posted by The Ion
Ditto squared.

Ditto cubed.

dvampire
Superman wins!

bitca730
Gladiator wins...

*Make Mine Marvel

ZephroCarnelian
Supes wins.

Apart from Hyperbole, Gladiators never been shown to be Supes' superior.

Superman is the real deal, with a far better record and more feats.

He's smash Gladiator.

olympian
Is it hyperbole having feats of strenght on a higher range as well as speed?

Lucid Lui
Originally posted by ZephroCarnelian
Supes wins.

Apart from Hyperbole, Gladiators never been shown to be Supes' superior.

Superman is the real deal, with a far better record and more feats.

He's smash Gladiator.
Of course Supes is gonna have a better record with feats. He has like 3 comics. Gladiator just pops up every now and again. Glads top feats still outclass Supes, and given a comic of his own, i'm sure he'd have a much better record.

ZephroCarnelian
Show me a scan with a higher strength feat.

And show me a scan of a higher speed feat with the exception of the one where Reed says "He's coming towards us at 100x the speed of light!!!" Because if that's his only speed scan, it's a little dubious.

Juntai
It's not that Gladiator doesn't have awesome high end feats. It's the fact that, Superman, issue to issue, far exceeds Gladiator.. issue to issue. It is also assumed that the characters fight at their optimum levels of ability - not explicitly weakened or unusually powered up for those who have variable power levels. That's from the forum rules. People show the same feats of Gladiator over and over, like... one from the 70s... one from the early 80s...Most of the Superman feats shown are current, and he does them likewise over and over and over again, while Gladiator continues to get beat up all the time. One is left to assume, those are Gladiator's rediclous "Sun Dip" one shot wonder feats. For intensive purposes on the forum, going by those rules... Superman far outranks Gladiator in most every category, even if not for the sheer volume of feats he has across having so many monthly appearances than anything else.

Cosmic Cube

snoopdogg

And show me a scan of a higher speed feat with the exception of the one where Reed says "He's coming towards us at 100x the speed of light!!!" Because if that's his only speed scan, it's a little dubious. Here is a speed feat for Gladiator. Cannonball didn't even see him.

Still though Superman would crush Gladiator. Glads win-loss record isn't that impressive.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/GladiatorandCannonball002.jpg

ZephroCarnelian
Uhuh. I've seen that scan many times too. Nothing that Supes couldn't do is it, really? wink

Cosmo Kramer
Steroids wont do anything

soleran30
Seriously how could anything REALLY phase gladiator's confidence......any man willing to wear a purple mohawk while being the praetor of the shi'ar empire has some ballz.

Cosmo Kramer
That is what I meant.

Sir Whirlysplat
I don't think Supes needs steroids and I am not sure what effect human hormones would have on a kryptonian - my guess is 0

olympian
"Show me a scan with a higher strength feat."

Busting a planet in 3 shots- in continuity.

"And show me a scan of a higher speed feat with the exception of the one where Reed says "He's coming towards us at 100x the speed of light!!!" Because if that's his only speed scan, it's a little dubious."

It isent no. Its a statement that wasent contradicted in the said story after.

Wasent retconned in later stories either to the best of my aknowlege. That Cannonball bit Snoop posted its a nice example tho.

"Still though Superman would crush Gladiator. Glads win-loss record isn't that impressive."

Without even having its own comic its obvious he will never have. Batman also has a better track record if you see what i mean.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by olympian
Batman also has a better track record if you see what i mean. Batman usually fights people alot more powerful than himself.

It's the other way around for Gladiator and he still looses.

olympian
I am talking track records not quality on opponents. Batman also uses quite the plot devices and Glads doesnt.

And second while not being a fav of mine, his loss record its quite exageratted in my opinion. Pll like to come up with the Colossus thing and Cannonball to translate his big loses.

When he didnt in both examples. Against Gambit otoh it sure was. But thats something every character has.

id369
Superman + steroids = Superman Prime

soleran30
Superman + Steroids = roid rage.......the only way Supes can win this fight is if he has his mighty Mullet haircut! The mullet is far more powerful then any mohawk!

gladiator69
gladiator the most powerful being in the universe besides galactus of course he would kick supermans but superman would still get afew licks at him of course.

DrDoom101
Originally posted by gladiator69
gladiator the most powerful being in the universe besides galactus of course he would kick supermans but superman would still get afew licks at him of course.

most powerful besides galactus in the universe? im not so sure about that...

gladiator69
then who do u think is the most powerful in the universe ? check out galactus info and read some

olympian
Thats exageratting.

And not counting the Cubes, Skyfathers, Death Gods, Celestials etc.

Even Surfer is "more powerful" as in having more abilities.

gladiator69
Thats exageratting.

And not counting the Cubes, Skyfathers, Death Gods, Celestials etc.

Even Surfer is "more powerful" as in having more abilities.

surfer more powerful then gladiator and galactus ? please

dude somone needs to wake up there.

Lucid Lui

And show me a scan of a higher speed feat with the exception of the one where Reed says "He's coming towards us at 100x the speed of light!!!" Because if that's his only speed scan, it's a little dubious. How about him moving, under his own power, at a speed that made everything look as though it wasn't moving. That's a mean speed feat if you ask me. And destroying a planet in 3 punches, moving asteroids arounds, breaking Quasar's constructs by flexing his muscles are all strength feats...

As for Superman being more impressive "issue to Issue"; Well of course he's gonna be. He has his own comic(s). Gladiator doesn't. Therefore we use what we can when it comes to feats. Gladiator's top showings show that he's capable of beating Superman's top showings (when he's not been sundipped or anything lik that) more often that not IMO.

gladiator69
Originally posted by Lucid Lui
How about him moving, under his own power, at a speed that made everything look as though it wasn't moving. That's a mean speed feat if you ask me. And destroying a planet in 3 punches, moving asteroids arounds, breaking Quasar's constructs by flexing his muscles are all strength feats...

As for Superman being more impressive "issue to Issue"; Well of course he's gonna be. He has his own comic(s). Gladiator doesn't. Therefore we use what we can when it comes to feats. Gladiator's top showings show that he's capable of beating Superman's top showings (when he's not been sundipped or anything lik that) more often that not IMO.

doesnt matter if gladiator has his one comics or not that doesnt mean anything about him or anyone else that doesnt have one. people just dont get there info on characters just out of comic books dude. most of the time yes

olympian
"surfer more powerful then gladiator and galactus ? please

dude somone needs to wake up there."

More powerful than Glads.

It was about -your- point of Glads being the most powerful this side of Galactus wich is -wrong-. Thus why i name those who are all above Gladiator as an example.

gladiator69
galactus has control over most of the universe he can destroy just about anything out there. but i still think gladiator is cooler

olympian
With that i can agree, its a matter of opinion.

But saying he is the most powerful this side of Galactus when there are pll way above would be wrong.

gladiator69
true

gladiator69
one thing also people say alot just cause superman can fly out into the sun that makes him stronger than gladiator that doesnt make sense at all i dont know why some say that.

olympian
Because his power source is the sun.

I cant say if he would get stronger than Glads or not and by what margin. But he does indeed get a boost.

ZephroCarnelian
Everyone doesn't say that.

But when Superman flies into the sun, he becomes far more powerful than before.

And he probably would beat Gladiator. yes

olympian
Considering with the boost he moved a planet while without one Glads destroyed another...

Maybe even? Could go either way for me.

gladiator69
Because his power source is the sun.

I wouldnt say if he would get stronger than Glads or not and by what margin. But he does indeed get a boost.

i know thats where he gets his power from but thats still no proof that hes more powerful than gladiator

gladiator69
i know thats where he gets his power from but thats still no proof that hes more powerful than gladiator

same with gladiator he moves planets and destroys them thats what he uses most of his powers for besides destroying others

olympian
There is no way to know if he is more powerful or not.

Considering both the planetary feats they seem in the same class overall.

soleran30
Maybe there feats should be judged by their shoe sizesmile

gladiator69
have you watche alot of xmen episodes ? in one of them juggy tries to knock the crap out of gladiator and didnt do a damn thing to him he through him about 10 miles away across the ocean. if superman and juggy go at it of course superman would win but juggy would still get afew licks at him just like hulk did and they have just about the same class hulk and juggy

gladiator69
Originally posted by soleran30
Maybe there feats should be judged by their shoe sizesmile

so shaq would kick all there asses then

zachrivard
superman will win

gladiator69
Originally posted by zachrivard
superman will win

sure pall

snoopdogg
Originally posted by zachrivard
superman will win You are correct.

gladiator69
Originally posted by snoopdogg
You are correct.

i lied no he will not win

snoopdogg
i lied no he will not win You are incorrect.

gladiator69
Originally posted by snoopdogg
You are incorrect.

sure buddy

Ex11B
Originally posted by DrDoom101
Let's say Superman takes steroids. Who wins? This isn't a spite thread or a joke thread. shifty

composite superman was defenitly superman on steroids

Ethereal
feats dont make the power.

comic book writers do wink

Sentry hasnt had many showing for instance - but we know he can beat the hell out of nearly any avenger or x-man.

gladiator at top confidence or around a high level of confidence IS like a pre-crisis supes...he was modeled after pre-crises supes according to some sources.

The Ion
Originally posted by Ex11B
composite superman was defenitly superman on steroids
I think he's coming back, this time as Composite Supergirl. eek!

Ex11B
wow...the fun doesnt stop laughing eek! stick out tongue big grin

MattDay
Superman starts to lose, all seems to be going bad, then all of a sudden superman starts to get angry, stops holding back, WHAM! BANG! CRASH! Glads sees he's getting done in.

Superman gets a one liner in then WHAM! Glads is sent tumbling into a skyscraper.

That's how it would go... superman is an untouchable character in the end!

buckfutter
gladiator would knock supermans ass out.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.