Asmodel VS. Nabu

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Adam Warlock
Who takes it?

Debate?

The Ion
Nabu thumb up

Avalonofthewind
Asmodel.

thesilverspider
nabu

ImmortalOne
Asmodel

thesilverspider
NABU mad

ImmortalOne
ASMODEL !!!

gautam
NABU!!

ImmortalOne
ASMODEL !!!

thesilverspider
nabu

ImmortalOne
nabu

thesilverspider
yes nabu

Avalonofthewind
When someone can tell me that it took the presence to stop nabu, then i'll say that he stands a chance.

Ron Jeremy
ironic and amusing thread smile

Juntai
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
When someone can tell me that it took the presence to stop nabu, then i'll say that he stands a chance. The Spectre battled Nabu and defeated him. I don't know of anyone else that has done it.

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by Juntai
The Spectre battled Nabu and defeated him. I don't know of anyone else that has done it.

That is impressive, but parallax did the same, did he not?
If you dropped Parallax or Nabu in heaven, and told them..go.take it over...I doubt they would get very far.

Juntai
That is impressive, but parallax did the same, did he not?
If you dropped Parallax or Nabu in heaven, and told them..go.take it over...I doubt they would get very far. I meant, I don't know of anyone else that defeated Nabu. Not got defeated by Spectre. If that's what you're saying.

And no, nothing really stands to the presence.

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by Juntai
I meant, I don't know of anyone else that defeated Nabu. Not got defeated by Spectre. If that's what you're saying.

And no, nothing really stands to the presence.

A presence powered spectre would easily defeat either Asmodel or Nabu.
As it stands right now however, Asmodel is older, more powerful, and has accomplised a greater feat.

Beyonder
Nabu wins. Asmodel can't even put down Superman.

Superherovandal
Nabu wins. He is in like the top hiearchy of magic in DCU.

Superherovandal
Asmodel couldn't take down Energy Supes who is like SS level power. I'm sure he is above them all. Just cause Presence beat Asmodel doesn't suddenly make Asmodel that powerful. Besides that was after he absorbed the Logoz. Of course he was powerful. But alone Nabu would rape Asmodel.

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by Beyonder
Nabu wins. Asmodel can't even put down Superman.

This is as dumb as saying Galactus is weak because Thor beat him.
Or Alpha Flight, or Thanos.

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by Superherovandal
Asmodel couldn't take down Energy Supes who is like SS level power. I'm sure he is above them all. Just cause Presence beat Asmodel doesn't suddenly make Asmodel that powerful. Besides that was after he absorbed the Logoz. Of course he was powerful. But alone Nabu would rape Asmodel.

So a presence powered ( and dead)martian manhunter and Zauriel as well as simulataneously defeating tons of angels and demons without even an effort is nothing?
Nobody was able to stop the guy until he made it to the presence lair.

Superman was able to hold the guy back while GL used an angelic frequency to send the angels back to heaven. Nobody else was able to do jack to him.

Superherovandal
He stole the Logoz that was why he was powerful. Superman shouldn't have been able to hold him back if he was that powerful. And the Galactus thing is different because we already have had many comic references to him and have plenty of feats whilst with Asmodel there is only that JLA adventure.

Avalonofthewind
He stole the Logoz that was why he was powerful. Superman shouldn't have been able to hold him back if he was that powerful. And the Galactus thing is different because we already have had many comic references to him and have plenty of feats whilst with Asmodel there is only that JLA adventure.

He stole Logoz AFTER the presence defeated him and banished him to hell.
Spectre later took Hal as his host, and now Asmodel is back in heaven.

The galactus thing isnt any different. He's shown terrible loses. He can die. Asmodel can't. Bloodlusted and fully powered, you'd better be damn high on the power scale to defeat the guy.

http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/430/asmodel8ue.th.jpg

http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/4233/asmodel23rx.th.jpg

Superherovandal
You do know that Fate is very high on the powerscale. And Nabu is much higher.

Juntai
Etrigan summoned Spectre Force to hell, and used the feather of an angels wings and the fire of a demon, which can bind anything together, to bind the Spectre to Azmodel.

Avalonofthewind
You do know that Fate is very high on the powerscale. And Nabu is much higher.

Yes, I know. Is he heaven conquering powerful though?
Could he easily survive the destruction of the multiverse?

Superherovandal
yeah he is one of the Lords of Order. He is an essential to the universe. He is really up there is power. I'd place him above the Quintessence.

Avalonofthewind
Exactly. He's part of the universe, if the multiverse were destroyed, he'd go as well. Asmodel exists independently from all that. At the height of his power he's far above a Lord of Order. Far older as well.

Superherovandal
thats because all the angels exist separate from the multiverse. It by no means shows his power. And Nabu was created before the multiverse

Avalonofthewind
Created before the currently multiverse?
Angels have been around before the creation of all concepts.
Once again, when overtaking heaven, it took the presence to stop the guy.
There are 4 armies in heaven, each with many, many powerful beings. Zauriel and MM were empowered by the presence, and they werent able to do anything.

What does Nabu have to match this?

yahman
He stole Logoz AFTER the presence defeated him and banished him to hell.
Spectre later took Hal as his host, and now Asmodel is back in heaven.

The galactus thing isnt any different. He's shown terrible loses. He can die. Asmodel can't. Bloodlusted and fully powered, you'd better be damn high on the power scale to defeat the guy.

http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/430/asmodel8ue.th.jpg

http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/4233/asmodel23rx.th.jpg

When does this happen ? I have the original fight against Asmodel, and he didn't seem that powerful. I mean blue Supes was holding his own against him ? You kind of sugesting he's on the same level as Michael and Luci, but i doubt he could survive a Demiurge explosion ?

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by yahman
When does this happen ? I have the original fight against Asmodel, and he didn't seem that powerful. I mean blue Supes was holding his own against him ? You kind of sugesting he's on the same level as Michael and Luci, but i doubt he could survive a Demiurge explosion ?

Depends on what you mean. The only thing the Angels are vulnerable to are specific vibrations that they can produce. How GL was able to produce one of these is anyones guess. Even with this, all it does is send the Angel back to heaven, where they can come back in a "flesh suit" while keeping quite a bit of their power. As his blood is already the universal solvent, what will such an explosion do to him?

Asmodel has the power to create and destroy matter, not just manipulate it. How far it extends has never been stated so I wont go around saying he's going to create universes since he's never shown even a hint of wanting to do so. What he wanted was to reunite heaven and hell and become the new god...which he nearly suceeded at except of course he's nothing compared to the presence... Once he got close to the presence, there was no battle..He had no chance. He of course has cosmic awareness and knows the weakness to just about anyone or anything. His Blood is the universal solvent, he's beyond superpowers..etc etc..all that good stuff we know about yadda yadda.

I posted that pic of Supes wrestling him as a feat for Supes...because that is what it truly is. Like Thanos battle with odin or galactus. Similar to those 2 battles, Asmodel should have won fairly easily, but then there would have been any JLA comics, right? By the same token, if Odin or Galactus would have really battled Thanos, there wouldnt be any Thanos for people to enjoy.

Simiarly, Supes could hold Mxy back physically, it doesnt mean Mxy couldnt utterly destroy Supes.

Those pics are from JLA: Paradise lost..a good read if you are really interested in Azzy.

Superherovandal
do you even know what a solvent is? It is something that can make something dissolve. It wouldn't protect him one bit from a demiurgic explosion.

Avalonofthewind
do you even know what a solvent is? It is something that can make something dissolve. It wouldn't protect him one bit from a demiurgic explosion.

What does that have to do with anything. I'm simply saying thats his blood, which would already make the rest of him impossibly powerful... he's cut from the same mold as Lucifer and had the same plan, so who knows? Even if he didnt, he'd just end up right back in heaven, and come right back. Now can Nabu survive one?
Can you give us any feats for Nabu?

Superherovandal
Asmodel is powerful no doubt but not even close to as powerful as Micheal or Lucifer. I'd place him at Skyfather level at most.

Avalonofthewind
Yea, I wouldnt claim him to be Lucifer or Micheal level either. Gods just a bit mad with him at the moment.

yahman
Asmodel is powerful no doubt but not even close to as powerful as Micheal or Lucifer. I'd place him at Skyfather level at most.

I get the impression he's more Celestial level ?

Avalonofthewind
I know Celestials can manipulate matter, but can they create or truly destroy it?

yahman
I know Celestials can manipulate matter, but can they create or truly destroy it?

They have a lot oif feats to suggest they are above Asmodel, but its late !!!!!!!

Avalonofthewind
They have a lot oif feats to suggest they are above Asmodel, but its late !!!!!!!

Ah, but that still doesnt answer my question!
They can manipulate matter, but can they create/destroy it?

yahman
Ah, but that still doesnt answer my question!
They can manipulate matter, but can they create/destroy it?

They did destroy Franklin's Pocket universe ! They did create the X genes, which probably involved the manipulation of exotic matter ! Speculative i know, but they are ridiculously powerful !

Avalonofthewind
I know..they are ridiculously powerful. Probably some of Marvels coolest creations.
In that sense, the Angels were preparing to create a new universe if the current one was destroyed, so its not too different.

yahman
I know..they are ridiculously powerful. Probably some of Marvels coolest creations.
In that sense, the Angels were preparing to create a new universe if the current one was destroyed, so its not too different.

Mate you know im a big DC fan, but i can't see 'AZZy' being above Celstial level ! smile

Superherovandal
yeah a celestial wouldn't be held up by energy supes.

Avalonofthewind
yeah a celestial wouldn't be held up by energy supes.

But they can have their armor cracked by thor?
Once again, Mr. Mxlplk can be held up by Supes.
Yet, the Imp is far more powerful.

Avalonofthewind
Mate you know im a big DC fan, but i can't see 'AZZy' being above Celstial level ! smile

It depends how you go about it. Its apples and oranges IMO.

Superherovandal
Mxy is a comedian. If he went serious not only Supes but DCU would be ****ed,

ImmortalOne
I also liked Asmodel, but remembering he got held by Supez changed my mind......

Avalonofthewind
Mxy is a comedian. If he went serious not only Supes but DCU would be ****ed,

Exactly, Asmodel could have destroyed Supes with a word.
And this is coming from a Supes fan. Supes stalled him long enough for GL to pull his heaven feat.

The guy defeated countless Angels as well as other King Angels to conquer Heaven. Superman, Nabu, a Celestial, Galactus..etc...would get totally destroyed if they tried the same feat.

A full power Neron was scared to mess with the guy and treated him like royalty.

ImmortalOne
I'm starting to get convinced.... go on Avvy

Beyonder
Exactly, Asmodel could have destroyed Supes with a word.
And this is coming from a Supes fan. Supes stalled him long enough for GL to pull his heaven feat.

But unlike Mxy, Asmodel ain't the joking type. Demanding Supes to yied and pulling out that heaven stare ain't toying with Supes.

Countless angels that we can't even gauge in power. Where the hell was Lucifer or Michael? All powerful yet Spectre, Phantom Stranger, or Highfather jumped into?

Neron ain't nothing but Mephisto level.

ImmortalOne

^^^^^^^^^ yes

Avalonofthewind
But unlike Mxy, Asmodel ain't the joking type. Demanding Supes to yied and pulling out that heaven stare ain't toying with Supes.

Countless angels that we can't even gauge in power. Where the hell was Lucifer or Michael? All powerful yet Spectre, Phantom Stranger, or Highfather jumped into?

The light of heaven? Asmodel himself said that only the purest souls can look into it. That would qualify Superman especially at that time. Its not like Azzy tried to unmake him or anything. It was a hold, Azzy was surprised that Supes survived it, and by that time GL's miracle was completed. Hardly a true battle. MM was burning just trying to touch him.

Countless Angels, yep. By Zauriels description, even weak angels are pretty damn powerful. Asmodel alone was effortlessly destroying them...something that mortals werent able to do. Why would Lucifer and Micheal care? Where are they during all other crisis issues?

What are Mephistos greatest feats? And even on Mephisto level, to have such awe of Asmodel, that means he's ridiculously powerful.

Beyonder
The light of heaven? Asmodel himself said that only the purest souls can look into it. That would qualify Superman especially at that time. Its not like Azzy tried to unmake him or anything. It was a hold, Azzy was surprised that Supes survived it, and by that time GL's miracle was completed. Hardly a true battle. MM was burning just trying to touch him.

Yes, Azzy was surprised. If he was "toying" with Supes like Mxy, that'd be different. The difference between Mxy and Azzy is Azzy thought he could f#ck up Supes. He tried, he failed. If Mxy want to F-up Supes, Supes would survive it.

Descriptions are discriptions, the only angels I've seen truly display high end powers are Lucifer, Michael, and Spectre. Spectre got slapped down by Michael just for trying to speak with Presence.

Asmodel, if he were a real threat, would have fought Michael for Heaven. The only crisis that counts is the one on heaven. Asmodel tries conquering heaven. That's different from Imperiex running around and messing with the universe. Michael serves the Presence and heaven.

Greatest feat? Stalemating Galactus. Thor's greatest feat? Chasing away Galactus.

His usual portrayals, Mephisto is a hell lord and below Odin in power. Heck, even Hela is afraid of Odin, it doesn't mean all of a sudden Odin can stomp Nabu.

Avalonofthewind
Yes, Azzy was surprised. If he was "toying" with Supes like Mxy, that'd be different. The difference between Mxy and Azzy is Azzy thought he could f#ck up Supes. He tried, he failed. If Mxy want to F-up Supes, Supes would survive it.

In all fairness, he surely wasn't "toying" with Supes like what Mxy does, but he didn't really take Supes seriously. Nobody is really that pure, so I doubt Azzy expected any mortal to survive the scouring light of heaven attack. Just having Asmodel speak was f*cking up the league..and here Superman goes surviving the impossible.

Supes was the one struggling there, the floor was breaking just from him doing his best to hold him. A punch from Supes didnt even faze the guy (same Supes that sent Majestic flying.) GL then performed his miracle.

Descriptions are discriptions, the only angels I've seen truly display high end powers are Lucifer, Michael, and Spectre. Spectre got slapped down by Michael just for trying to speak with Presence.

Asmodel, if he were a real threat, would have fought Michael for Heaven. The only crisis that counts is the one on heaven. Asmodel tries conquering heaven. That's different from Imperiex running around and messing with the universe. Michael serves the Presence and heaven.

These are all guys with a lot more on screen time. Its not like they showed up to battle Asmodel either. So that can go both ways.
Lets get this straight. Asmodel DID conquer heaven...UNTIL he got to the presence. The presence basically raped him. Just like he did to Lucifer, just like he would do to Micheal, or Spectre.

Greatest feat? Stalemating Galactus. Thor's greatest feat? Chasing away Galactus.

His usual portrayals, Mephisto is a hell lord and below Odin in power. Heck, even Hela is afraid of Odin, it doesn't mean all of a sudden Odin can stomp Nabu.

Galactus has been stalemated by the Fantastic Four, Thanos, Alpha Flight (who nearly killed him) Sentry, Thor and Mephisto, each on their own.

I can't say thats a great feat anymore. Mephisto is a low class demon trickster. Playing second class to Odin is pretty low even by comparison of being a 3rd of 4th stringer to the presence.

Nobody has said how Nabu will win. One thing I doubt that Nabu is very pure. Heavens light kills him ridiculously quick.

Beyonder
Nabu is not pure? Ain't he the Lord of Order? And Supes isn't anymore pure than Wonder Woman, Kyle, or Captain Marvel.

Avalonofthewind
Nabu is not pure? Ain't he the Lord of Order? And Supes isn't anymore pure than Wonder Woman, Kyle, or Captain Marvel.

Obviously DC thought different. At least at the time.
Current Supes, WW, or Kyle would get eaten by that beam.

ImmortalOne
ARE SHITTING ME, KYLE IS GOD, HE HAS THE POWER OF ION EVERYDAY !!!!

Oh well.......... you cant argue with an "agent" of the "Creator" himself now could you ??

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.