Should Mary Jane die in Spider-Man 3?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ultimate Hulk43
What do you guys think?Should Mary Jane die in SM-3 and be replaced with Gwen Stacy?I voted maybe.

spencerspider
I would love to see her die, but she won't so I said no

DBZ MAN
yes but the topic pole was 'SHOULD Mary Jane die' it would be a bold move and there are some people out there who would be really against it cos they never want anyone to die in the marvel universe who they like. if the fans had it their way (and almost did) Gwen Stacy would still be alive. but i wouldn't mind, it would split apart from the comic world even more. But as spencer-spider says it will never happen.
P.S. you shoulda said, spider-spencer rolling on floor laughing

spencerspider
yea i know but i was half awake when i made that so u know, i wasnt thinkning clearly

steverules
Can't u changeit or are u not able to?

Ultimate Hulk43
No,you can't change it.Once it's done,it's done.

Ultimate Hulk43
Originally posted by DBZ MAN
yes but the topic pole was 'SHOULD Mary Jane die' it would be a bold move and there are some people out there who would be really against it cos they never want anyone to die in the marvel universe who they like. if the fans had it their way (and almost did) Gwen Stacy would still be alive. but i wouldn't mind, it would split apart from the comic world even more. But as spencer-spider says it will never happen.
P.S. you shoulda said, spider-spencer rolling on floor laughing

I hate the fact that Gwen Stacy died,she was such a good character and to have Mary Jane die in SM-3 wouldn't be bad,it'd be just reversing it with the Gwen Stacy storyline or something.If she doesn't die,I won't be disappointed.

spencerspider
yea it would just switch it but i think that it wont happen like that

Ultimate Hulk43
Well,we don't even know if she's dying or not in SM-3 anyway.Although if she does die,Harry should be the one to do it when he becomes the Green Goblin 2.

Doc Ock
Yes.

Oh god yes.

Kill her,destroy her!!!!!

DBZ MAN
Originally posted by Ultimate Hulk43
I hate the fact that Gwen Stacy died,she was such a good character and to have Mary Jane die in SM-3 wouldn't be bad,it'd be just reversing it with the Gwen Stacy storyline or something.If she doesn't die,I won't be disappointed.

lol ultimatehulk see's it as if MJ dies in SP3, we're even marvel

Ultimate Hulk43
No,I don't.I even stated that we don't know if she's dying.I was just stating a way they COULD have her die.

Spideys Sister
Originally posted by Doc Ock
Yes.

Oh god yes.

Kill her,destroy her!!!!! I may be a good guy but, doc is right....bomb her or something.....Anything.

The Ones
I would love to see mary jane die. but not to be replaced with gwen stacy so i said no

Next Venom_girl
Yes.

Oh god yes.

Kill her,destroy her!!!!! yes

The Ones
Sandman can drown her in sand and venom can do what he's allways been suggesting. EAT HER BRAINS!!

Ultimate Hulk43
Who said Venom's OFFICALLY in the movie?Yeah,Dunst said it but we need a picture or something to be sure.Anyway,if Mary Jane dies,then who else can take her place?Felicia Hardy?I'd prefer Gwen although Felicia's cool.

botcherby
Mary Jane JUST got with Parker.... it ain't happening

Next Venom_girl
Therefore, it is the perfect time to cruelly wrench her away. evil face

Mr Parker
Yes.

Oh god yes.

Kill her,destroy her!!!!!

I could not have said it better myself.

botcherby
Originally posted by Next Venom_girl
Therefore, it is the perfect time to cruelly wrench her away. evil face

of course... I'd love and hate it to happen, but it would definatly hurt the sales if Mary Jane dies... will sony risk losing several million in revenue?

Ultimate Hulk43
If the fans want it,of course they'll risk it.

Silverstein
no little kid wants to see MJ's neck snap after being saved by spiderman. Its just too trastic.

steverules
They won't kill her off, they have to at some extent keep to the comics and keep the important characters alive: Aunt May, spidey (obviously) and MJ.

b-dan
if mj dies it should be in the last movie

steverules
She's an important character, they won't kill her off.

b-dan
ya but like the last villiain who i hope is harry gets coo coo for coa coa puffs and kills her pete gets mad and then doesnt care fort rying to make him good. I think it would be a good twist no one would see that coming but she owuld die at the end tho cuz like u said shes important

steverules
Why kill of an important character, when Gwen Stacy died (who was an important character) people were annoyed about her death, if u go killing MJ in the next spidey movie then the fans won't be best pleased + I don't think Stan Lee will be happy if they decide to kill MJ of in the last spidey movie, thus far they have changed thing's but have still stayed true to the comics with the films which means that they will not kill MJ.

DBZ MAN
people dont like change alot. people were annoyed about gwen's death with ultimate carnage but ill grant that it was bad story and was too soon.

spencerspider
I think it would rock if she died, but then again I don't think they will

Doc Ock
They don't have the balls to make such a bold or exciting move.

It'll be happy ever after for Peter and MJ at the end of SM-3.Wait and see.They'll probably get married.

hotsauce6548
No.

Mr Parker
They don't have the balls to make such a bold or exciting move.

It'll be happy ever after for Peter and MJ at the end of SM-3.Wait and see.They'll probably get married.

yep as long as sony is producing these bad movies,thats a given. mad

Ultimate Hulk43
The movies aren't bad.

spencerspider
they r awesome but anyway u know what would rock? harry is gg2 ok and so aunt may goes out to check the mail, and BOOM she dies. that would be awesome. harry would know how to hurt peter, mj, aunt may and his close people like that. harry could cause the pain that spiderman has caused him

Ultimate Hulk43
No.

NoFate007
How can you people consider yourselves fans of the comic series and say you want to have Mary Jane killed? If you say that because you dislike Dunst's portrayal, ask for a recast, not to KILL Spider-Man's wife. She isn't Gwen Stacy.

She absolutely should not die, at all, by any means.

Mr Parker
i want to see her die because that pissed me off when he got married to mj,that made me stop reading the comics when they did that which was the biggest mistake in the comicbook history of spiderman.that way if she dies,which would be the best thing to happen in these horrible movies,then there wont be that damn marriage to mj.

thats why I was hoping in man-spider two that she would get married to jamesons son,that way,she wont marry parker.But I knew it was too good to be true.with sony producing these movies,he will get married to her I have no doubt.

DBZ MAN
ffs!! stop saying man-spider, its SPIDER-MAN 2!!

spencerspider
Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman

Ultimate Hulk43
Mr.Parker,why come to these forums if you hate the Spider-Man movies and most of the comic history?Obviously you don't respect what a great job Sam has done with the movies and you just want something to nitpick at.

Next Venom_girl
Considering how much of Gwen Stacy and Liz Allen they amalgamated into MJ's character she may very well end up with white hair and cat-like powers in the 3rd movie. MJ was a go-go dancer / party girl, Gwen was the sweet science major, and Liz was the one perpetually wrapped around Flash's neck during HS.

As for the comic history, even Stan Lee regrets the killing off of Gwen Stacy. He was out of town, and it was assistant editors month or something. Stan Lee okayed it at the time, but regretted it later.

Nilky
shes to hot to die she keeps me warm at night

redcaped
Without MJ there won't be enemies or sequels.

Tekno Boy
Oh Yeah, sure. Kill Mary Jane. Great idea. While you're at it turn Jameson into Wolverine and have Zippy from Rainbow make a guest appearance. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Come on. They wouldn't do that. That's just absolutely stupid. It's already nuts with them introducing Gwen Stacy at this stage.

Mišt
Kill off Gwen, MJ has too much development already.

redcaped
Hey, they've mixed Gwen with MJ, she's not red hair on top...somehow like my idea of Electro-to-Shocker and it was denied unfairly, but later I brought something better with copper. In a way it is a better interaction. They did the same with the character MJ in the movies. bye.

spencerspider
yea. now they kill Gwen and keep MJ.

Marcus4600
I bet Gwen may only have a small appearance, and I don't think that they'll kill her off immediately. I just wanna see more sarcasm out of Spidey. I also wanna see an Iron Man movie before I die, but I don't know if that'll happen at this point.

Tekno Boy
Originally posted by Marcus4600
I bet Gwen may only have a small appearance, and I don't think that they'll kill her off immediately. I just wanna see more sarcasm out of Spidey. I also wanna see an Iron Man movie before I die, but I don't know if that'll happen at this point.

Probably sometime next year.

Wally West
No way.

Lord Shadow Z
Yes, it would make the films a lot more serious if Spider-man suffered another tragedy, it should have been Gwen at first anyway but MJ will do.

spencerspider
I would like to see her die, but she ain't going to.

WrathfulDwarf
Yes MJ must die.

However, knowing how Sam Raimi won't have the balls to commit such an act. He'll most likely follow the comic books storyline (for the first time) and kill Gwen and not MJ.

We all know those "out of touch with reality" writers at Marvel Comics would go on the warpath if Sam touches their precious red-hair model. That's why MJ lives and Gwen dies. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Marcus4600
*shrugs* I guess we'll have to wait and find out, but I seriously think that Gwen will end up dead. If they do a damn love triangle, I'm gonna be so pissed, because then Raimi has pissed all over the Spider-Man we know and love. He regretted House of M over and over, so he wouldn't pull that sh*t.

btw, here's an awesome theme song.
http://marvel.toonzone.net/ironman/downloads/ironman.mp3

Also, does anyone know where I can find a torrent of the second season of Iron Man?

spencerspider
I have no clue, if MJ dies it better be from Harry putting a bomb in her mouth lol. Then Peter gets mad as hell and kills Harry.

Marcus4600
Exactly.

spencerspider
yay someone agrees

atharpina
Ultimate Carnage sucked. Cletus is what made Carnage awesome. A pile of red crap killed Gwen? Bull trash.

Mr Parker
*shrugs* I guess we'll have to wait and find out, but I seriously think that Gwen will end up dead. If they do a damn love triangle, I'm gonna be so pissed, because then Raimi has pissed all over the Spider-Man we know and love. He regretted House of M over and over, so he wouldn't pull that sh*t.

btw, here's an awesome theme song.
http://marvel.toonzone.net/ironman/downloads/ironman.mp3

Also, does anyone know where I can find a torrent of the second season of Iron Man?

got news for you bud,Raimi has pissed on the spidey we all know and love from the very beginning.Now after seeing what wind dancer posted,I am less optimistic that Mj will die,that that will be one of the rare things Raim does do is follow the comics and have gwen die and mary jane lives.I just cant see sony having the balls enough to allow that to happen.so now I kinda think they will follow the roots of the comics and be the same bastards who killed off gwen,by killing her off again and leaving pete with that whore and tramp mary jane again. mad if Im wrong though and they actually do something good for once and kill MJ,I will throw a party and celebrate to see mj gone and gwen lives. Happy Dance

Marcus4600
Well, I'm gonna be honest. MJ has been played well to character in the movies, and I'm not the type to fuss over hair color. They kill her, there go a lot of viewers. Sony isn't that ballsy. Also, lest we forget, Gwen was the more whorrish. If MJ died, Spidey wouldn't touch Gwen. However, it may turn him into an anti-hero.

Mr Parker
Obviously you only know Gwen Stacy from the ultimate comics because in the original amazing spiderman comics she was nice kind and sweet all the time to people.and what are you talking about? Mj has been played horribly by Dunst in the movies,she has been hardly anything at all like the mary jane from the comics.the mj from the comics was a stuck up,wild party animal and airhead.a total b!tch most the time.Thats not who we have seen in these movies. roll eyes (sarcastic)

atharpina
Probably because people want to have some respect for Spiderman. It's hard to have that for a guy fawning over a whore.

Silverstein
Originally posted by Mr Parker
Obviously you only know Gwen Stacy from the ultimate comics because in the original amazing spiderman comics she was nice kind and sweet all the time to people.and what are you talking about? Mj has been played horribly by Dunst in the movies,she has been hardly anything at all like the mary jane from the comics.the mj from the comics was a stuck up,wild party animal and airhead.a total b!tch most the time.Thats not who we have seen in these movies. roll eyes (sarcastic)

even in the 90s animated series MJ had the right personality and stuff. the MTV series im not so sure

Next Venom_girl
They've really trashed Gwen's memory in recent years... whistling

http://www.spiderfan.org/cgi-bin/fun.pl?date=20041025
http://www.spiderfan.org/cgi-bin/fun.pl?date=20041018

Marcus4600
Okay, I'm just gonna put this out there. Gwen Stacey f*cked Norman Osbourne. Yeah, real innocent. MJ may not be a saint, but at least she was honest. Also, Sony's Spider-Man isn't that bad, consider it isn't Sony's. It's Raimi's depiction. Man-Spider? Did you forget that the Man-Spider was Spider-Man when he turned into a spider? Don't tell me what I know and don't know about the comics, because you obviously can't back up your claims.

DBZ MAN
It's annoying people on forums calling it man-spider, i mean okay, if you didn't like the movies, it doesn't change the fact that its still called spider-man. Everyone thinks that Batman Begins is the best batman movie compared to its crappy predesesors and do you see fans calling them man-bat???

chucktaylor
People like Mr. Parker depict the Sony movies as Man-Spider because the movies focus more on the "loseretic" life of Peter Parker than Spider-Man.

Movies such as Batman Begins focus on Batman more than Wayne, because it focused on how Batman came to be. On Spider-Man's case, they focused more on Mary Jane than GG and Ock.

But even though, I still love 'em! wink

DBZ MAN
I suppose Raimi wanted to show the 'human side' of the super hero story but he's taken thinngs a little too literally.
Having said, the film is still 2-dimensional. But I love'em too.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Silverstein
even in the 90s animated series MJ had the right personality and stuff. the MTV series im not so sure

correction Silverstein.That was one of quite a few things I did not like about the 90's spidey show.Dont get me wrong,I love the 90's toon,its the most accurate spidey version we have onscreen so far,much closer and much more loyal and faithful to the comicbook than those horrible man-spider movies are but it could have been much much better because unlike the batman animated series,it was not loyal to the comic either in quite a few respects.Kingpin was in almost every damn episode and spideys major villains like green goblin and doc ock were lackeys working for kingpin,I mean can you imiagine the 90s batman cartoon having two face be the jokers lackey? oh the horror.I can go on and on with how they messed that show up as well just like the movies but that would take to long.but my point is,in that show,they made her nice and kind as well and not the stuck up b!tch,wild party girl and airhead from the comics.rewatch the toon sometime and you will see what I am talking about.damn why the hell cant hollywood ever get mary janes character properly portrayed on the screen!!!!! the bastards. mad dont even get me started on the mtv one,I watched about 3 or 4 episodes of that show and its as horrible as the movies. sick

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Tekno Boy
Oh Yeah, sure. Kill Mary Jane. Great idea. While you're at it turn Jameson into Wolverine and have Zippy from Rainbow make a guest appearance. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Come on. They wouldn't do that. That's just absolutely stupid. It's already nuts with them introducing Gwen Stacy at this stage.

hey why not? these movies have butchered to death many of the great characters from the films already,killing mary jane would be one of the few things they would be doing right that should have been done in the amazing spiderman comics if they were going to kill off a girl of petes. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Mr Parker
Okay, I'm just gonna put this out there. Gwen Stacey f*cked Norman Osbourne. Yeah, real innocent. MJ may not be a saint, but at least she was honest. Also, Sony's Spider-Man isn't that bad, consider it isn't Sony's. It's Raimi's depiction. Man-Spider? Did you forget that the Man-Spider was Spider-Man when he turned into a spider? Don't tell me what I know and don't know about the comics, because you obviously can't back up your claims.

as I said,maybe it happened in those crappy Ultimate spiderman comics that I tried to read but could not get past because of how they messed up gwens chaaracter in that comic,now her doing that to him in THAT comic,I would not doubt,but never in the history of the true amazing spiderman comic from issue 1 to 300 did that ever happen,read through them and you will know that. roll eyes (sarcastic) AGAIN,I have no doubt it probably happened in that horrible ultimate comic,but it never happened in AMAZING.got that? you are obviously thinking of when Miles warren who was the jackel who also wore a green costume similiar looking to GG did it with gwen,and it was a CLONE of gwen stacy,it wasnt the REAL gwen stacy.got that?good. now stop assuming I cant back up my claims,that would be YOU.yeah Raimi is as big an idiot when it comes to spiderman movies as burton is when it comes to batman movies.by the way,I hate the burton batman movies with a passion is much as I do the man-spider movies,thats obvious,but the REASON I never refer to them as man-bat is because unlike the spiderman movies,they did not alter Bruce waynes physiology like they did in the spiderman movies.these movies butchered to death his character and made him into a mutant by giving him organics.thats why he is man-spider.chemical webbing=spider-man,organics=man-spider. Now if they went and had bruce wayne have wings coming out of his back,then he would be man-bat like peter is man-spider. big grin class dismissed,now you can go home and tell all your friends you learned something for the day. big grin

Drache53
Actually Mr. Parker, from what I've heard, it happened in the 616 continuity. Don't ask me where, I think whoever wrote it was on an acid trip or something.

Next Venom_girl
As explained in the joke links, it was in Straczynski's "Sins Past" retcon that made Gwen the mother of twins by Norman Osborn-- Marvel's attempt at putting life back into the Goblin legacy.

http://www.spiderfan.org/comics/reviews/spiderman_amazing/509.html
http://www.spiderfan.org/comics/reviews/spiderman_amazing/510.html
http://www.spiderfan.org/comics/reviews/spiderman_amazing/511.html
http://www.spiderfan.org/comics/reviews/spiderman_amazing/512.html
http://www.spiderfan.org/comics/reviews/spiderman_amazing/513.html
http://www.spiderfan.org/comics/reviews/spiderman_amazing/514.html
It was apparently horrible even beyond the defiling of Gwen's memory and best never mentioned again.

Marcus4600
as I said,maybe it happened in those crappy Ultimate spiderman comics that I tried to read but could not get past because of how they messed up gwens chaaracter in that comic,now her doing that to him in THAT comic,I would not doubt,but never in the history of the true amazing spiderman comic from issue 1 to 300 did that ever happen,read through them and you will know that. roll eyes (sarcastic) AGAIN,I have no doubt it probably happened in that horrible ultimate comic,but it never happened in AMAZING.got that? you are obviously thinking of when Miles warren who was the jackel who also wore a green costume similiar looking to GG did it with gwen,and it was a CLONE of gwen stacy,it wasnt the REAL gwen stacy.got that?good. now stop assuming I cant back up my claims,that would be YOU.yeah Raimi is as big an idiot when it comes to spiderman movies as burton is when it comes to batman movies.by the way,I hate the burton batman movies with a passion is much as I do the man-spider movies,thats obvious,but the REASON I never refer to them as man-bat is because unlike the spiderman movies,they did not alter Bruce waynes physiology like they did in the spiderman movies.these movies butchered to death his character and made him into a mutant by giving him organics.thats why he is man-spider.chemical webbing=spider-man,organics=man-spider. Now if they went and had bruce wayne have wings coming out of his back,then he would be man-bat like peter is man-spider. big grin class dismissed,now you can go home and tell all your friends you learned something for the day. big grin

Look at the above posts, moron. Lesson learned. laughing
So, now let's get to the truth of the matter. Gwen had twins with Osbourne. Being the psycho he is, he killed her after they broke up. Why am I not suprised? Because I know that Marvel has the tendency to be a darker universe, and bad stuff happens. Also, the Jackal didn't have kids with his Gwen clone you idiot, and I really don't care much for Ultimate Spider Man, because Bendis has a hard time hitting a good mark. So, now that you've proved my point that you know absolutely nothing about the comics, you can go back to your friends and tell them that you learned something today. The Spider-Man movies may not be 100% dead on, but it could be worse. The guy who directed Catwoman could have done it. *shivers* So, here's the conclusions.
1)You have no grounds for your claims, and your "Man-Spider" idea doesn't even make a lick of sense. You just randomly said it one day, and thought you were right.
2)Organics really aren't that big of a deal. Although it added some troubles for Spidey when he ran out of webbing, the web-shooters weren't that big of a deal. If you want a man-spider, Evolve or Die is much closer. Complain about that.
3) Read the whole "Sins Past" storyline. The writing is great up until the last issue, and deepens the conflict between Osbourne and Spidey. It stinks that Gwen's a ****, but I saw the potential a while back. C'est la vie. I mean, Black Cat is a rape victim, and nobody fusses over that. So, you don't like a few movies. Nobody cares. Do something about it if you can, but if you can't, shut the hell up. Also, learn some grammar.
I know my comics. Too bad nobody can say the same for you.
nopity The violin is playing for you.

Marcus4600
By the way, I forgot something that I was gonna give you, Mr. Parker.

DBZ MAN
So, now let's get to the truth of the matter. Gwen had twins with Osbourne. Being the psycho he is, he killed her after they broke up. Why am I not suprised? Because I know that Marvel has the tendency to be a darker universe, and bad stuff happens. Also, the Jackal didn't have kids with his Gwen clone you idiot, and I really don't care much for Ultimate Spider Man, because Bendis has a hard time hitting a good mark. So, now that you've proved my point that you know absolutely nothing about the comics, you can go back to your friends and tell them that you learned something today. The Spider-Man movies may not be 100% dead on, but it could be worse. The guy who directed Catwoman could have done it. *shivers* So, here's the conclusions.
1)You have no grounds for your claims, and your "Man-Spider" idea doesn't even make a lick of sense. You just randomly said it one day, and thought you were right.
2)Organics really aren't that big of a deal. Although it added some troubles for Spidey when he ran out of webbing, the web-shooters weren't that big of a deal. If you want a man-spider, Evolve or Die is much closer. Complain about that.
3) Read the whole "Sins Past" storyline. The writing is great up until the last issue, and deepens the conflict between Osbourne and Spidey. It stinks that Gwen's a ****, but I saw the potential a while back. C'est la vie. I mean, Black Cat is a rape victim, and nobody fusses over that. So, you don't like a few movies. Nobody cares. Do something about it if you can, but if you can't, shut the hell up. Also, learn some grammar.

I'm with Marcus on this one

Mr Parker
As explained in the joke links, it was in Straczynski's "Sins Past" retcon that made Gwen the mother of twins by Norman Osborn-- Marvel's attempt at putting life back into the Goblin legacy.

http://www.spiderfan.org/comics/reviews/spiderman_amazing/509.html
http://www.spiderfan.org/comics/reviews/spiderman_amazing/510.html
http://www.spiderfan.org/comics/reviews/spiderman_amazing/511.html
http://www.spiderfan.org/comics/reviews/spiderman_amazing/512.html
http://www.spiderfan.org/comics/reviews/spiderman_amazing/513.html
http://www.spiderfan.org/comics/reviews/spiderman_amazing/514.html

It was apparently horrible even beyond the defiling of Gwen's memory and best never mentioned again.

Well that doesnt count for his argument because only the events that happened in amazing spiderman from her first appearance to issue 129 when she died -I believe it was,count so he loses. big grin what some idiot writer decides to come up with LONGGGGGGG after she died who all of a sudden decides to butcher gwens character,none of that counts,only the storys and events that occured while she was alive through amazing spiderman are what counts.wow what a lame argument he had.That would be like saying in issue 650 or so,LONGGGG after norman died,that whilke he was alive up top issue 129, fathered some children from liz allen while he was alive,it wouldnt count,only the events that happened in amazing spiderman from his first appearance to issue 129 count. and oh by the way Venom girl,I think your only partially correct on stan lee and the gwen stacy death story,your correct that the story occured when he was out of town for business at the time,but I remember reading over the years that he didnt approve of it,that the story happened unbeknowest to him and that he was mad about it when he later learned about it.Im pretty sure I remember reading that a few times over the years.

Mr Parker

name calling will get you banned around here dude,they dont tolerate that,knock it off with that and the insults or I'll report you.and just because you dont have any logic and common sense and cant distinguish spiderman from man-spider doesnt mean I am any of those names you call me.the violin is playing. stick out tongue

Marcus4600
Hey, Nimrod! Is it in the book? Oh, I guess that it happened! Get over it! Oh, no, I didn't like the story idea, so I'm gonna say something like "it doesn't count" or something like that. You sound like a twelve year old who just lost a game to his big brother, and is complaining that somebody cheated. Wait a minute, you probably are twelve! Just because you don't agree with something doesn't make it unreal. Sometimes writers do crazy stuff. Here's a list:
Venom is Mac Gargan
Carnage got ripped in half
Colossus is Gay in Ultimate X-Men
Gwen Stacy was a ****
Black Cat is a rape victim
As much as it is wierd, and possibly unlikely, it's still there. Get over it. As for the argument, once again, you've proven to everybody that YOU KNOW ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ABOUT THE COMIC BOOKS!
laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing
Everybody is laughing at you. Here's a bit of advice: don't start arguments with people who are smarter than you.

http://www.porkisnotaverb.com/media/5/funny%20retard.jpg

Mr Parker
once agin you cripple your arguments because I have read every issue of amazing spiderman from one to 129 and that never happened,it was already announced here that it happened in 616,LONGGGG after she died,it never happened in amazing spiderman,doesnt count,get over it kid.

Marcus4600
Now you still have no idea what you're talking about. Just because it's revealed after the death doesn't mean it happened. Wow, you read the issues before it. You want a damn medal? Here's one for ya:

image removed

Okay, now I'm going to talk to you about something about time span and comics. You see, Norman Osbourne and Gwen had sex before she went to Europe, which is where she had the kids. After she came back to America, and didn't want to give Osbourne the kids, he killed her. Case closed, now shut the f*ck up. I'm guessing that by your argument, Spider-Man isn't in the Avengers either, because you say so? Get over it you f*cking numbskull. How many times do I have to own you in these arguments for you to get the idea that you can't outsmart me?

Paola
watch it you two.

read the rules

Marcus4600
I understand Paola. I don't really have much else to say on the subject anyway.

SpyCspider
damn this is pretty heated...

As much as I wouldnt' wanna get into the middle of this (at least not the direct personal insulting part), and as much as I hate how continuity for Spidey has made Gwen into a sexual victim of Norman, how can you say it's NOT canon?

Unless Marvel retcons it out of existence, Gwen had sex with Norman and had twins. And Spidey's in the New Avengers as well.

If anything, blame Marvel for messing up history...AGAIN. Remember, Gwen wasn't the sweet lovable girl when she was first introduced...in fact, she acted like a stuck-up prom queen.

Tekno Boy
hey why not? these movies have butchered to death many of the great characters from the films already,killing mary jane would be one of the few things they would be doing right that should have been done in the amazing spiderman comics if they were going to kill off a girl of petes. roll eyes (sarcastic)

They already killed off one of Pete's girls, Gwen. A lot of Spidey fans will be ticked of if they kill off MJ. It would be disrespecting the web-head's history in a major way.

Arahan
this thread is full of anger no

Spideys Sister
Duh. People want someone killed off.

Marcus4600
I just think killing off MJ and keeping Gwen Stacy would be a dumb idea. If that happens, it contradicts the character. Spidey still wishes he could forget the whole House of M ordeal when he was married to Gwen.

Mr Parker
They already killed off one of Pete's girls, Gwen. A lot of Spidey fans will be ticked of if they kill off MJ. It would be disrespecting the web-head's history in a major way.

Uh Dude the movies have disrepected the web heads history in major ways already ten times over.

Knightfall93
Sigh! They should have Peter having an affair with Gwwen and MJ leaves him but Gwen gtes killed by Harry which kinda getsd him to realise what hes done and he saves Pete...

Spideys Sister
Gwen. Stacy. Sucks. In. Spider-Man. 3.

nuf said

Next Venom_girl
I just think killing off MJ and keeping Gwen Stacy would be a dumb idea. If that happens, it contradicts the character.

Actually, movie MJ is more like Gwen in personality than MJ as she appears in the comics. They might as well introduce a "Gwen" with a party-girl MJ personality and kill off "MJ". roll eyes (sarcastic)

Marcus4600
Eh, I dunno about that. BTW, if anyone doesn't know what Mr. Parker is talking about with disrespecting Spidey, he's talking about the organic webs.

Anywho, I don't think that he would even touch Gwen. However, I do think that there might be suspicion there. You gotta remember that the personality of Peter Parker has remained throughout the entire movie saga, save the massive corny sarcasm. He wouldn't have an affair with her. Read House of M, and you'll understand what I'm talking about. Son of M #1 is another good example of how Spidey doesn't even like to entertain the thought of leaving MJ.

Tekno Boy
Oh, come on. Everyone knows that a few changes are made when turning comic books into films. So what if Spidey's webbing comes from his body instead of from machines. Big Deal. We're talking about killing of a key character synominous to the Spider-Man world.

...BTW, did I spell synominous right?

Arahan
this parker guy is really strange, i have seen comic book movies which were 1000 times worse. Spiderman is one of the best comic book movies. and if little parker doesnt like it then stop watching the movies. post your opinion but dont mention it all the time how bad the movie is.

Spideys Sister
Originally posted by Arahan
this parker guy is really strange, i have seen comic book movies which were 1000 times worse. Spiderman is one of the best comic book movies. and if little parker doesnt like it then stop watching the movies. post your opinion but dont mention it all the time how bad the movie is. We're starting to agree but I'm friends with Mr.Parker. I can under stand where he's comming from with this. In the 90's show Peter had webshooters and when he became Man-Spider he got organics. So any spidey with organics reflexed gets the name Man-Spider by him.

DBZ MAN
But it's the MOVIE VERSION. It's become tradition to the films that they tweak the characters. 1 example is costume.
Spider-man: they prob did not have time to fit in him making web-shooters so they just went with organic. Also, his costume is more of a looker.
X-men: Costumes and personalities are different.
Hulk: Banner never wears glasses.
Daredevil: Kingpin is black
..and i could go on and on, movies of the comics will always be different, wether its for updates, things that just don't work when seen in real life or if they don't have time to cram 40 years of comic books, into an hour and a half of film. People like Mr.Parker, get over it. If you don't like the way he is done in hollywood, stick to the comic books!

Mr Parker
Actually, movie MJ is more like Gwen in personality than MJ as she appears in the comics. They might as well introduce a "Gwen" with a party-girl MJ personality and kill off "MJ". roll eyes (sarcastic)

exactly,thats why normally I would be elated that Gwen Stacy is FINALLY getting her due and finally getting a screen adaptation,something the jerks should have given her in the 90's spidey cartoon show but didnt, but seeing as how they royally screwed up Mary Janes character like you said,at this point I cant get excited about seeing Gwen on the screen because at this point like you said,might as well intorduce gwen with a party-girl mj personality and kill off MJ.

Mr Parker
Oh, come on. Everyone knows that a few changes are made when turning comic books into films. So what if Spidey's webbing comes from his body instead of from machines. Big Deal. We're talking about killing of a key character synominous to the Spider-Man world.

...BTW, did I spell synominous right?

it is a big deal because it butchers to death his character. roll eyes (sarcastic) spidey without mechs is like batman without the batmobile or indiana jones without the wip. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Mr Parker
this parker guy is really strange, i have seen comic book movies which were 1000 times worse. Spiderman is one of the best comic book movies. and if little parker doesnt like it then stop watching the movies. post your opinion but dont mention it all the time how bad the movie is.

More like one of the worst and its not just the organic webbing that makes it a horrible movie,the screenplays were horrible.like spideys sister said,some of us want to see the character spider-man on the screen,not this phony man-spider version.

Marcus4600
Oh stuff it kid. Seriously. You're making a big deal about a small tweak. Guess what? Spidey now has organic webs in the comic! Come on! Let's take into account the Spider-Man from the movies, and the spidey from the comics

Both bitten by radioactive spiders.
Both struggled with wanting to ditch the Spidey role.
Both incredible heroes.
Both very sarcastic.
Both extremely intelligent.

The only difference is the webbing, and it's only mentioned briefly. It's not the webbing that makes the character, kid. It's Peter Parker. He is Spider-Man. It's like Bruce Wayne is Batman, Tony Stark is Iron Man, and so forth. It's not the powers, or the costumes that make the hero. It's the person that makes them a hero. Knock this argument off, because you're not winning, and you're not gonna change anyone's minds.

Arahan
Ah forget I dont want to argue with you about such things. I will wait for SM 3 watch it, eat my popcorn, and enjoy it.

And by the way I think the 90s TV show is really horrible so if you take this for the measure then it is a big mistake.

Felicia Hardy getting the Super Soldier Serum?
Eddie Brock hooked with the Doc?
The symbiote brought to earth by John Jameson? The series have much errors but people (especially the guys who never read the comic) celebrate it as if it a gift of god to humanity.

So dont complain too much about such things which you cant change.

Knightfall93
LOL, the series is good but not as good as the Spidey films. Then again... BB is the best screen adaptio of Bats and thats folowed by... TAS! I really liked the Spidey series but it had too many vampires and mutations and crap! When all we really wanted was Pete vs Venom... or Lizrd... or Ock or Gobby or SOMEONE COOL! not some weird crap, though it was enjoyable a a series alone. Did Felicia basically replace Gwen or what?

Knightfall93
Is the NEW Animated series any good?

SpyCspider

Both bitten by radioactive spiders.
Both struggled with wanting to ditch the Spidey role.
Both incredible heroes.
Both very sarcastic.
Both extremely intelligent.

well I love the Spidey films (and the organics don't bother me), but just to mention a few things.

In the movie, Peter was bitten by a genetically-altered spider, not a radioactive one. And he never struck me as being very sarcastic in the movie, at least not to the extent of the smartass he is in the comics. Many of his sarcastic "funny" lines came out either corny or dry. Here's some:

"hey kid , let mommy and daddy talk for a while" (when he webs Jameson's face up)
"i have a knack for that."
"Here's your CHANGE!!"

The ones that were sorta humorous IMO were:

"that's a cute outfit...did your husband give that to you?"
"Rides up around the crotch a lil bit too."

Maybe it's just Tobey's delivery.

SpyCspider
Originally posted by Knightfall93

If by new, you mean the one that came out almost 3 years ago on MTV, then I say they're ok. Action's superb and pretty lethal--something they would never air on Fox.

storyline, not so much. I preferred the 90s Animated Series. The "new" one tried to modernize it for an older audience. Harry Osborn looks like Nick Carter from the Backstreet Boys. Gotta love MJ's bare middriff tho wink

Marcus4600
Originally posted by SpyCspider
Maybe it's just Tobey's delivery.

Actually, that's what I've found it to be. He's extremely sarcastic, but he needs to put a bit more energy and enthusiasm in his role, because then it would sound a lot more smartass-ish, if that's a word.

Knightfall93
they should have put me in the role if they want sarcasm! I piss just about everyone I know off with sarcasm.

Mr Parker
Ah forget I dont want to argue with you about such things. I will wait for SM 3 watch it, eat my popcorn, and enjoy it.

And by the way I think the 90s TV show is really horrible so if you take this for the measure then it is a big mistake.

Felicia Hardy getting the Super Soldier Serum?
Eddie Brock hooked with the Doc?
The symbiote brought to earth by John Jameson? The series have much errors but people (especially the guys who never read the comic) celebrate it as if it a gift of god to humanity.

So dont complain too much about such things which you cant change.

yeah I know,thats what many people like yourself will be doing at these movies,doing exacly what sony wants you to do,waste your money on their horrible films. Your partially correct here that the 90's toon was horrible by the way.But I hate to be the one to break the news to you but it was far much more loyal to the comicbook than these horrible manspider movies are.They are the best screen apaptation we have had so far though,especially the first season which was by far its best.after that,the shows got progressively worse each year with the final year by far being its worse,thank god that show ended the final season when it did because the final season of that show,those episodes were as god awful as these manspider movies are. yes the series had a lot of unnessary errors, thats why I have always maintained its not a magical cartoon show unlike the batman animated series was.I mean major villains like doc ock and green goblin being second rate lackeys working for the kingpin with most the episodes revolving around the kingpin,that just made me sick,but at least I got to see spider-man on the screen,and not man-spider which is who we have in these films.

Mr Parker

actually its every bit as horrible as the movies are. sick

DBZ MAN
yeah I know,thats what many people like yourself will be doing at these movies,doing exacly what sony wants you to do,waste your money on their horrible films. Your partially correct here that the 90's toon was horrible by the way.But I hate to be the one to break the news to you but it was far much more loyal to the comicbook than these horrible manspider movies are.They are the best screen apaptation we have had so far though,especially the first season which was by far its best.after that,the shows got progressively worse each year with the final year by far being its worse,thank god that show ended the final season when it did because the final season of that show,those episodes were as god awful as these manspider movies are. yes the series had a lot of unnessary errors, thats why I have always maintained its not a magical cartoon show unlike the batman animated series was.I mean major villains like doc ock and green goblin being second rate lackeys working for the kingpin with most the episodes revolving around the kingpin,that just made me sick,but at least I got to see spider-man on the screen,and not man-spider which is who we have in these films.

Question. You say it's a waste of money to go see these things but isin't it really just a waste of money to see something on screen thats EXACTLY the same to the comic books?

Mr Parker
yeah but where in the hell did I EVER say I want the movies to be EXACTLY like the comicbooks?please show me where I said that,I dont ever recall saying that I want the movies to be EXACTLY like the comic books.If I wanted THAT,then please explain to me why I loved Batman Begins because I am just dying to hear your explanation to why I loved that movie even though it wasnt exactly like the comicbooks,which according to you,I want things to be EXACTLY like the comicbooks. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Answer me this, if I want things to be EXACTLY like the comicbooks,then WHY do I want to see mary jane die in MAN-SPIDER 3,please I am dying to hear your explanation for that. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Marcus4600
I want you to stop this argument. You keep it going and pissing everyone off with your incessant whining, I'm reporting you to the mods. KNOCK IT OFF!

Mr Parker
got news for you,this site isnt to come here to just talk about how much you love the spiderman movies so go ahead.

Marcus4600
No, but you're still insulting everyone, and pissing everyone off. Zip it. Reported.

DBZ MAN
yeah but where in the hell did I EVER say I want the movies to be EXACTLY like the comicbooks?please show me where I said that,I dont ever recall saying that I want the movies to be EXACTLY like the comic books.If I wanted THAT,then please explain to me why I loved Batman Begins because I am just dying to hear your explanation to why I loved that movie even though it wasnt exactly like the comicbooks,which according to you,I want things to be EXACTLY like the comicbooks. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Answer me this, if I want things to be EXACTLY like the comicbooks,then WHY do I want to see mary jane die in MAN-SPIDER 3,please I am dying to hear your explanation for that. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Well tell me one thing that you havn't knocked off the film because it didn't happen that way in the comic books.

Marcus4600
I went ahead and reported him. If he persists, I'll send Paola a PM and she'll talk to him about it. He'll knock it off.

Mr Parker
No, but you're still insulting everyone, and pissing everyone off. Zip it. Reported.

no I am only insulting the movies which YOU think is insulting YOU.your not worth my time anymore,meet my ignore list.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by DBZ MAN
Well tell me one thing that you havn't knocked off the film because it didn't happen that way in the comic books.

thats simple as pie.there have been some things they did in the movies that were not like the comics that I did not mind at all but since you only asked for ONE thing this will be over with real quick and this discussion between us wont need to go on anymore since thats your ONLY request.In the comics,Peter dated Betty Brant before Mary Jane,I have never complained about Peter meeting mary jane in the movies first and dating her and not dating betty brant like he did in the comics because that doesnt damage the credibility of the spidey comics unlike some of the moronic changes they made in the movies such as organic webshooters or mary jane acting much much more like gwen stacy and hardly anything at all like the mary jane from the comics or doc ock being a good guy at the end helping peter out,all those things damaged the characters from the comics because they were major changes,where a minor detail like peter dating mary jane before betty DOESNT damage the comics because mary jane of course is who peter wound up getting married to so its not imperative in the movies to have peter date betty brant like it is for peter to create the web fluid or portray mary janes character accurately.

There,I have proven to you that you make false statements that I want things to be exactly like the comics when I have proven that to be untrue, especially saying as I have on this thread that I would like to see mary jane die in man-spider 3 since I thought him getting married to her in the comics was the dumbest thing they ever did and ultimately made me stop reading amazing spiderman,so it would be cool for them to redeem themselves this time and have mary jane die and gwen stacy live which is what should have happened in the comics in the first place.That is the topic of this thread,should mary jane die and I have just stated thats what I would like to have happen quite a few times on this thread so theres really no point in continuing this discussion anymore.adios.

Marcus4600
Guys, let's just put him on our ignore lists. As he's already proven, he doesn't know anything about the comics, he's making a huge fuss about a minor tweak, and he's just flat out retarded. He can't even make a good point, or spell for that matter.

DBZ MAN
True dat. How come he said once though that the 90's cartoon sucked cos it had Dr. Octopus pawn to the kingpin, even though in Secret Wars, Doc Ock was under Doom's bidding.

Mr Parker
Because in secreat wars that was just a rare moment,it wasnt a regular routine thing that happened ALL THE TIME where in the 90's toon,after the first season,he was just a lackey for kingpin ALL THE TIME.

Doc Ock
Practically every villain was a lackey to Kingpin in that show at some point.Even Norman Osborn.

One thing I really hated about it.

DBZ MAN
Yeah but in the universe where spider-carnage ruled over, GG was his lackey too.
and at one point GG Tried To Kill Kingpin (along with others).

Marcus4600
Ock wasn't a pawn for the Kingpin. He joined the Sinister Six willingly. Osbourne was the one who was under Kingpin because he owned stock in Oscorp.

Tekno Boy
it is a big deal because it butchers to death his character. roll eyes (sarcastic) spidey without mechs is like batman without the batmobile or indiana jones without the wip. roll eyes (sarcastic)

His character is a troubled teen trying to cope with school work, his job at the Bugle, his love life, his social life and his hero life. That's who is character is. He still into science and stuff. and beside you're missing my point...

...did I spell SYNOMINOUS wrong?

Knightfall93
Wasnt that series the one with loads of vampires and they had Hobgoblin and GG working for Fisk at 1 point...? And for some reason they had a weird MJ's "death" thing and she seemed to be back, but it was a cloney thing...?

Spideys Sister
Guys, let's just put him on our ignore lists. As he's already proven, he doesn't know anything about the comics, he's making a huge fuss about a minor tweak, and he's just flat out retarded. He can't even make a good point, or spell for that matter. Peace. Make Peace. ...Jeez...

Knightfall93
Children... children... a few idiot infants have argued SO DAMN MUCH that lopads of people are just emigrating from this bloody war zone! AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

DBZ MAN
Wasnt that series the one with loads of vampires and they had Hobgoblin and GG working for Fisk at 1 point...? And for some reason they had a weird MJ's "death" thing and she seemed to be back, but it was a cloney thing...?
Yes...

spencerspider
that messed up the show

WrathfulDwarf
This thread is temporary closed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.