Doomsday vs. King Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Betageuze
Doomsday killed even Superman.....

but can he survive a Godblast by King Thor ?

DrDoom101
King Thor is above Odin. King Thor takes this with relative ease.

Scoobless
Originally posted by Betageuze
Doomsday killed even Superman.....

but can he survive a Godblast by King Thor ?

no

thesilverspider
the god blast wouldn't be needed

roughrider
Truly a worthy opponent for The Mighty Thor. And as King Thor, the Odinson's victory will be even sweeter.bangin

scotsmn
I agree, King Thor can take him with or without godblast.

yahman
King Thor can melt Adamantium with the Odin force. Do you really think Doomsday could survive an Adamantium melting blast ?

Ron Jeremy
Originally posted by yahman
King Thor can melt Adamantium with the Odin force. Do you really think Doomsday could survive an Adamantium melting blast ?

Yup he'll kill DD the first time smile but then he won't hunter/ prey it took the end of the universe to do it smile

Lucid Lui
King Thor rips DD a new one. Many times over.

Adam Warlock
Originally posted by Ron Jeremy
Yup he'll kill DD the first time smile but then he won't hunter/ prey it took the end of the universe to do it smile

Yup, if Supes ever met Hunter Prey Doomsday again, I'll be buying that issue. It'll be the Death Of Superman II.

This is what'll happen to Doomsday.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/t98hy.jpg

Asgardian Destroyer + Desak > Dommsday yes

yahman
Originally posted by Adam Warlock
Yup, if Supes ever met Hunter Prey Doomsday again, I'll be buying that issue. It'll be the Death Of Superman II.

Maybe once or twice, but eventually Doomsday would surpass them !

the Darkone
Maybe once or twice, but eventually Doomsday would surpass them What the f**k?!

King Thor surpass doomsday with ease. King thor is omnipotent in Asgard and can increase his power close to galactus.

CosmicSurfer

What happened to Thor's left arm?

dvampire

Yes. confused

DOS Doomsday loses, but current Doomsday or Hunters Prey wins IMO.

roughrider
He really did lose that arm to Wolverine.

The Doomsday question is always involved with "You can kill him, but he always comes back stronger." So what does it take - teleporting him into the heart of a sun?

sam_drugbringer
That would work.

And yeha, Wolverine cut off that arm while Thor was defending his child.

The_Blob
Thor busts him up

CosmicSurfer
Wolverine chopped off his arm!?!

Damn, that's pathetic. Isn't King Thor supposed to be even more invulnerable than his regular self.

I can understand Desak cutting him, but Wolverine??? It's ****in' ridiculous.

jinzin
Originally posted by roughrider
He really did lose that arm to Wolverine.

The Doomsday question is always involved with "You can kill him, but he always comes back stronger." So what does it take - teleporting him into the heart of a sun? Originally posted by sam_drugbringer
That would work.

And yeha, Wolverine cut off that arm while Thor was defending his child.

NO THAT WOULD NOT WORK....

like superman doomsday gets a suffient amount of his stroed energy from the sun itself teleporting DD into the sun will only make him STRONGER.. no joke... but good luck with that...

so HOW exactly is king thor gonna win again?

I mean last time I checked captain america nearly whipped his ass.... confused

Laminator_X
With the Odinpower at his disposal, he could take out Doomsday as many times as he feels like in a different way each time. Moreover, he wouldn't have to kill the creature. He could turn DD into a newt. He could bind him with a ribbon that would hold until Ragnarok. He could reshape its spirit into a crippled mortal doctor who could turn into Doomsday to fight crime in order to teach it compassion. He could drain all the stored power from Doomsday's personal energy field with Mjolnir like he did to Sergei/Presence (Hmm, that'd probably work on Supes too...). He could throw him forward in time to the end of the universe.

Sure if he just blasts away at him it'll only work a few times, but KT's got more tricks than that up his sleeve.

Adam Warlock
Originally posted by Laminator_X
With the Odinpower at his disposal, he could take out Doomsday as many times as he feels like in a different way each time. Moreover, he wouldn't have to kill the creature. He could turn DD into a newt. He could bind him with a ribbon that would hold until Ragnarok. He could reshape its spirit into a crippled mortal doctor who could turn into Doomsday to fight crime in order to teach it compassion. He could drain all the stored power from Doomsday's personal energy field with Mjolnir like he did to Sergei/Presence (Hmm, that'd probably work on Supes too...). He could throw him forward in time to the end of the universe.

Sure if he just blasts away at him it'll only work a few times, but KT's got more tricks than that up his sleeve.

Like always, Laminator comes through with well thought out post.

Good job. thumb up

Adam Warlock
Originally posted by jinzin

I mean last time I checked captain america nearly whipped his ass.... confused

Oh you mean like this?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/sheild0md.jpg

Sure kicked his ass. roll eyes (sarcastic)

long pig
Loki looks badass with all Strange's gear.

What a stroke of luck that ol' Thor didn't have to face a full powered Strange.

Friken PIS.

sam_drugbringer
You're the only one who thinks that would have done anything.

Thor was above Dr. Strange even with all his junk. And I admire loki even more for being able to steal all of them from under strange's nose.

grey fox
Thor kicks the crap out of doomsday for a few rounds before the new and improved magic proof , lightening proof , rune proof doomsday stands up and tears Rune boy into shreds .

dvampire
Originally posted by grey fox
Thor kicks the crap out of doomsday for a few rounds before the new and improved magic proof , lightening proof , rune proof doomsday stands up and tears Rune boy into shreds .

I'm so sure K. Thor will be able to take Doomsday down the first round. smile

grey fox
Originally posted by dvampire
I'm so sure K. Thor will be able to take Doomsday down the first round. smile

Yeah i agree there , but then doomsday get's back up agin and pummels king thor .

olympian
King Thor wins.

sam_drugbringer

Of course.

So I guess Doomsday could also destroy Galactus. after all, he would just blast him with the power cosmic a few times, doomsday would then be immune, and then he would kill galactus.

ImmortalOne
No you idiot !!! DD cant kill Galactus !!! But he can kill King Thor !!! That Hunter/Prey version was......... scary !!! He's so scary he makes GS's PF look like Stuart Little !!! !!!! !!!!

yahman
Originally posted by dvampire
Yes. confused

DOS Doomsday loses, but current Doomsday or Hunters Prey wins IMO.

Hold on a minute .... Classic Thor going full out with moljnir, is unable to even dent first grade Adamantium. Most agree that a simillar attack would do prominant damage to superman. Adamantium is still above Doomsday in the durability department.

leonidas
good post, lam. i agree with most of it. one thing to consider though -- darkseid's omega effect can be used for a VARIETY of things, and they didn't seem to affect dd. now the only way to reconcile that is to claim PIS or to say dd was immune to the whole spectrum of the omega effects powers, and not just it's 'destructive power'.

kt would win -- he's just TOO powerful, but i don't think it would necessarily be as easy as some say and he would need to use the type of creativity you imply to win it.

yahman

And yet he didn't try any of these approaches when fighting a variety of opponents roll eyes (sarcastic) Mate this is speculative at best ..... I need clarifcation from Jurgens b4 i believed any of it. smile

ZephroCarnelian
King Thor's pure raw unadulterated power is worthless here.

If DD could be transmutated by magic, then that would've happened when he decimated the JLA. Zatanna would've turned him into a peanut or something.

And wow - Odinforce can melt adamantium? Where's that scan that's floating around of Supes taking a laser that can melt adamantium, without even flinching?

DD is more durable than Supes - the only reason that Supes is hurt by the godblast is that his invulnerability doesn't apply when faced with magical attacks.

IF Doomsday is vulnerable to magic - and it's a very big IF - then yes, King Thor could win...

But if he's not... then there's not much Thor can do to stop him save teleporting him into another dimension...

sam_drugbringer
Thor does not need to use his magic, just the odinforce is eaisly capeable of disposeing of DD.

Also, when did superman take such a laser? I didn't think one exsisted.

And last I checked, teleporting to a barren dimention counted as a win.

Laminator_X

And yet he didn't try any of these approaches when fighting a variety of opponents roll eyes (sarcastic) Mate this is speculative at best ..... I need clarifcation from Jurgens b4 i believed any of it. smile

Thor (and to a lesser degree, Odin) may be quite prone to CIS, but everything I described (ecept for the newt bit smile ) were feats that either he or his father have actually done at some point. Also remember that through most of The Reigning KT's powers were at a low ebb because he hadn't taken the Odinsleep in decades.

Why didn't Zatanna beat him? Because Doomsday was carrying an extremely powerful Plot Device that kept her, Maxima, and J'onn/Bloodwind froom using any tactics better than those employed by Kung-Fu movie extras.

jinzin
Oh you mean like this?

good scan.. good thing you didn't show what happened in the pages before it..... wink

grey fox

That scan is bad-ass ... (finally someone who can actually beat captain america.)

jinzin
That scan is bad-ass ... (finally someone who can actually beat captain america.)

yeah you know.. after cap beats him down and gets distracted from the killing blow by loki.... confused

grey fox
Meh .. i didn't know Thor had strip-the-flesh-from-your-bones vision

jinzin
Meh .. i didn't know Thor had strip-the-flesh-from-your-bones vision

that's how king thor gets down.

sam_drugbringer
good scan.. good thing you didn't show what happened in the pages before it..... wink

I know what happens before that.

First of all, Strange, with help of the godheads, removes the odinforce.

Then, Thor beats down thing AND hulk WITHOUT the odinforce.

Finaly, Steve shows up, and balder hold's thor's baby hostage saying he'll kill him if he fights back.

Loki kills balder, and takes strange's charm off Thor.

Yeha... Steve is the one who is distracted...

jinzin
Originally posted by sam_drugbringer
I know what happens before that.

First of all, Strange, with help of the godheads, removes the odinforce.

Then, Thor beats down thing AND hulk WITHOUT the odinforce.

Finaly, Steve shows up, and balder hold's thor's baby hostage saying he'll kill him if he fights back.

Loki kills balder, and takes strange's charm off Thor.

Yeha... Steve is the one who is distracted...
which is the only reason king thor survived

sam_drugbringer
which is the only reason king thor survived

UNTIL THAT MOMENT HE COULDEN'T EVEN FIGHT BACK BEACUSE HIS KID WAS BEING HELD HOSTAGE!

If he was not, the battle would have ended 5 pages ago.

jinzin
excuses excuses...

cheldon
Oh you mean like this?

he didn't win, but captain america actually gave hima hard time. pathetic.

sam_drugbringer
Most of that damage was from his fight with the Thing and the Hulk.

and when fighting steve, he had no odinforce, AND his child was being held hostage.

Adam Warlock
Originally posted by cheldon
he didn't win, but captain america actually gave hima hard time. pathetic.

Standing triumphant after killing Hulk and Thing.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/thorhulkthing20rf.jpg

Here's what happened to Wolverine. Wolverine scratched him. Not take his arm.:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/thorveveryone03.jpg

Killing Durok(A powerful being who has bested Normal Thor before then battled the Silver Surfer immediatley after and giving him one heck of a fight. Keep in mind, Thor has Mjolnir here. He summons this Godblast with his own power.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/thorgodforce.jpg

This is Normal Thor causing Galactus some pain:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/Thor161-15.jpg

This is Thor making Galactus run for his life:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/Thor161-19.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/Thor161-20.jpg

dvampire
Yeah i agree there , but then doomsday get's back up agin and pummels king thor .

Umm... confused Not to be rude, but I meant to say that I wasn't sure that K. Thor could beat DD (sorry). smile

Mindship
How come no one ever suggests teleporting DD into a black hole? How 'bout that nice supermassive one at the galactic core? Too far away? Have we, at last, found limits to the power of (in this thread) Thor?

What Say Thee??

sam_drugbringer
Thor could do it by just teleporting him into the sun. He can't escape the sun's gravity.

Adam Warlock
Can DD fly?

Beyonder
Can DD fly?

No, because no one tried to use that attack on him. Or an attack that would require him to evolve flying abilities.

yahman
Originally posted by Beyonder
No, because no one tried to use that attack on him. Or an attack that would require him to evolve flying abilities.

I wouldn't say its impossible ..... he is kryptonian. Sundipped Doomsday isn't a nice thought eek!

Adam Warlock

So if he gets sent into space, It'll be like a fish out of water.

Adam Warlock
All that strength and durability, but can't fly...

thesilverspider
being able 2 fly is overrated

Beyonder
Originally posted by thesilverspider
being able 2 fly is overrated

being able 2 punch people hard is even more overrated.

thesilverspider
being able 2 punch people hard is even more overrated.

yea but nothing is more overrated then a healing factor. stick out tongue

Beyonder

...except being the Phoenix of the White Crown.

thesilverspider

damn.......you got me

leonidas
laughing

gs isn't gonna like that . . .

thesilverspider
Originally posted by leonidas
laughing

GS no no

kgkg
ohhhh GS am sure he read the new FF lol

and Reed did create the Universe ouch what does that mean for the PF?

ImmortalOne
Reed was always a badass, kgkg can give me the name of everyone in your sig ?

jinzin
So if he gets sent into space, It'll be like a fish out of water.

he's been sent into space on a number of occasions though.. every time he finds some way to get himself grounded on a planet... it's wierd... like some sore of unspken ability he has.. not saying he really has one.. just pointing out what's happened...

thesilverspider
Originally posted by kgkg

REED>>>>GS'S PF

evil face

Tony Stark
Originally posted by Fishy 500
Hold on a minute .... Classic Thor going full out with moljnir, is unable to even dent first grade Adamantium. Most agree that a simillar attack would do prominant damage to superman. Adamantium is still above Doomsday in the durability department.

Your forgeting that THOR did dent Cap's shield when he was fighting against Iron man (Asgardian armor). Then he felt bad so he pounded it back into shape.

So yes a pissed regular THOR can dent even the adamantium/vibrainium combo of Da shield... Which is much more resistent to trama than just regular pure adamantium is.

jinzin
Originally posted by Tony Stark
Your forgeting that THOR did dent Cap's shield when he was fighting against Iron man (Asgardian armor). Then he felt bad so he pounded it back into shape.

So yes a pissed regular THOR can dent even the adamantium/vibrainium combo of Da shield... Which is much more resistent to trama than just regular pure adamantium is.

doomsday is far above adamantium in the durability department...

Tony Stark
doomsday is far above adamantium in the durability department...

That is an UNprovable opinion... And i think he's not...

jinzin
That is an UNprovable opinion... And i think he's not...

the hell it is...

superman>>>>admantium cutting lasers...

adamntium cutting lasers>>>> ADMANTIUM

doomsday>>>>superman>>>>>admantium....

Tony Stark
the hell it is...

superman>>>>admantium cutting lasers...

adamntium cutting lasers>>>> ADMANTIUM

doomsday>>>>superman>>>>>admantium....

cool

OK humor me...

Who's lasers that cut adamantium were used against Supes and didn't do anything to him...?

And whats the issue...?

jinzin
it's been posted all over this board, you can find the scan in the goku vs. superman thread in the video game vs. forum... it's there in abundance.. don't know the issue but no.. the laser did NOTHING to superman...

doomsday KILLED superman...

doomsday>>>adamantium.

Tony Stark
it's been posted all over this board, you can find the scan in the goku vs. superman thread in the video game vs. forum... it's there in abundance.. don't know the issue but no.. the laser did NOTHING to superman...

doomsday KILLED superman...

doomsday>>>adamantium.

OK lets say that that is true and there is an actual comic that Marvel had a hand in and that happened... I'll have to see it for myself to take it heart... No offense...

But are you also saying that DD's durability is greater than the adamantium/vibrainium combo of Cap's shield which regular THOR dented...?

Sir Whirlysplat

damn.......you got me

Originally posted by kgkg

REED>>>>GS'S PF

evil face

laughing

But Whirly is yes - Great thread guys smile

jinzin
OK lets say that that is true and there is an actual comic that Marvel had a hand in and that happened... I'll have to see it for myself to take it heart... No offense...

But are you also saying that DD's durability is greater than the adamantium/vibrainium combo of Cap's shield which regular THOR dented...?

well in a word.. yes....

dan jurgens pointed out that in terms of brute strength superman is and has shown that he is TIMES thor's superior in strength... even during the DOS storyline superman comments on how he wasn't able to even HURT, not injure or damage but HURT doomsday during the duration of the fight until the very end of it....

so IMO the notion that DD>>>>>admantium, or DD>>>>cap's shield is quite apparent.

Tony Stark
well in a word.. yes....

dan jurgens pointed out that in terms of brute strength superman is and has shown that he is TIMES thor's superior in strength... even during the DOS storyline superman comments on how he wasn't able to even HURT, not injure or damage but HURT doomsday during the duration of the fight until the very end of it....

so IMO the notion that DD>>>>>admantium, or DD>>>>cap's shield is quite apparent.

I guess if your going to go back to the IMO B.S. stylings of Supes pushing the earth around kind of stuff... Then i would agree but i don't think anyone uses those kinds of acts as an acurate strength level base for Supes...

jinzin
I guess if your going to go back to the IMO B.S. stylings of Supes pushing the earth around kind of stuff... Then i would agree but i don't think anyone uses those kinds of acts as an acurate strength level base for Supes...

even though he consistently displayes them? confused

Tony Stark
even though he consistently displayes them? confused

If he was constently displaying them he wouldn't need WW and GL with them all 3 of them working hard to pull a moon...

jinzin
If he was constently displaying them he wouldn't need WW and GL with them all 3 of them working hard to pull a moon...

pull? he's pushed a moon by himself... confused

Tony Stark
pull? he's pushed a moon by himself... confused

I don't have the issue but i've seen the pictures of it on these threads Supes, WW, and GL working very, very, hard together to pull a moon...

Maybe someone else can chime in with the pics...

Adam Warlock
Here's Thor reforming the Moon with the Odinforce:

http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/9653/moonfeat27yk.jpg
http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/316/moonfeat35th.jpg
http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/3686/moonfeat51bh.jpg
http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/8886/moonfeat65vu.jpg
http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/9869/moonfeat73lu.jpg

He can move the moon himself.

Sorry, King Thor wins. smile

sam_drugbringer
Thor has moved things as heavy as the earth before.

He's AT LEAST as strong as Superman.

leonidas
<<OK lets say that that is true and there is an actual comic that Marvel had a hand in and that happened... I'll have to see it for myself to take it heart... No offense...>>

it was in the ff/superman graphic novel. i can provide scans, but it's a pain. but it mostly DID happen.

<<Thor has moved things as heavy as the earth before.>>

what exactly? the serpent that he supposedly threw but that it was later shown he could only lift a single foot of? i'd love to hear what else he's moved that is as heavy as the earth.

King Thor
I win! I'm a GOD!

sam_drugbringer
<<OK lets say that that is true and there is an actual comic that Marvel had a hand in and that happened... I'll have to see it for myself to take it heart... No offense...>>

it was in the ff/superman graphic novel. i can provide scans, but it's a pain. but it mostly DID happen.

<<Thor has moved things as heavy as the earth before.>>

what exactly? the serpent that he supposedly threw but that it was later shown he could only lift a single foot of? i'd love to hear what else he's moved that is as heavy as the earth.

The fact is he HAS moved the snake, and that was withour entering the warrior madness.

Besides which, he;s also shook the earth simply armwresleing Herc.

There's another instance, but I can't rember it.

Beyonder

So we get to use crossovers now?

Is Doomsday more durable than the Destroyer Armor? Cause I'd say King Thor would trash Doomsday if he isn't.

leonidas
<<So we get to use crossovers now?

Is Doomsday more durable than the Destroyer Armor? Cause I'd say King Thor would trash Doomsday if he isn't.>>

i believe i simply answered his question. did i SAY it was canon . . .? confused

Adam Warlock
<<So we get to use crossovers now?

Is Doomsday more durable than the Destroyer Armor? Cause I'd say King Thor would trash Doomsday if he isn't.>>

i believe i simply answered his question. did i SAY it was canon . . .? confused

jinzin thinks that crossover is canon. He keeps bringing it up.

Beyonder

i believe i simply asked a question. did i ACCUSE you of using a canon...? confused

stick out tongue

leonidas
then i suppose this question:

<<So we get to use crossovers now?>>

was purely rhetorical? or perhaps it wasn't even aimed at me? embarrasment

sam_drugbringer
Who cares?

They aren't canon, though I still have trouble beliveing that, since it's impossible for a laser to cut adamentium after it solidafies.

Beyonder
then i suppose this question:

<<So we get to use crossovers now?>>

was purely rhetorical? or perhaps it wasn't even aimed at me? embarrasment

It was aimed at everyone whose trying to use it as evidence to anything.

You pointed out the issue, I took it as you backing up Jinzin's arguement.

Thus I questioned whether we get to use crossovers.

leonidas
<<It was aimed at everyone whose trying to use it as evidence to anything.

Thus I questioned whether we get to use crossovers.>>

ahhhhh . . .

cool enough. and no, i've never used the point as evidence of anything. i really WAS just answering a question. i wonder if jinzin even knows it happened in a x-over? it's mentioned a lot, but most don't seem to know where it came from.

Beyonder
<<It was aimed at everyone whose trying to use it as evidence to anything.

Thus I questioned whether we get to use crossovers.>>

ahhhhh . . .

cool enough. and no, i've never used the point as evidence of anything. i really WAS just answering a question. i wonder if jinzin even knows it happened in a x-over? it's mentioned a lot, but most don't seem to know where it came from.

wink

joesha28
Originally posted by King Thor
I win! I'm a GOD!

Hey! You are Hulk Power! That's odd....Hulk fans usually don't hook up with Thor for any reason.

ImmortalOne
Dude, people like Hulk Power ... i mean King Thor, they change their ID because their old one is too stuck to a single character, I'll bet you he'll change his ID when ......lets say....... Reed incapacitates WhiteCrownP !!!! laughing out loud laughing out loud

jinzin
jinzin thinks that crossover is canon. He keeps bringing it up.

I'm fully aware that it's a crossover.. obviously it would have to be due to the reference to admantium. But still, it's the only level of comparison we've got... IF you're going to ignore that, than people may as well start arguing ridiculous claims such as batman being a 10 ton lifter because the weight on dc earth is different than that of marvel earth due to lack of accepted comparisons to prove otherwise...

IMO if heat vision, and and amped superman swinging a power sword can barely get through doomsday's hide, admantium claws aren't doing jack shit... and if that's the case dd does have higher end durability than both admantium AND king thor.

leonidas
now THAT i will agree with . . .

Beyonder
I'm fully aware that it's a crossover.. obviously it would have to be due to the reference to admantium. But still, it's the only level of comparison we've got... IF you're going to ignore that, than people may as well start arguing ridiculous claims such as batman being a 10 ton lifter because the weight on dc earth is different than that of marvel earth due to lack of accepted comparisons to prove otherwise...

? Well, IF you include crossovers, Surfer can reverse an Imp's affect on an entire city. And the ridiculous argument will be Surfer turns the entire JLA into microbes size.

If you want to use crossovers, use it as "possible evidence," not actual evidence. For instance, Superman "may actually be more powerful than adamantium as hinted in a FF/Superman crossover."

Otherwise, stating that Superman has survived adamantium cutting lasers is no different than stating Superman has beaten Zod. The real difference, one is a crossover and the other is not.

Crossovers are an attempt by both companies to cash in on the other's market. The both sides sacrifice character's history to please the other side and draw in more readers. It's the same b.s. that Marvel pulls for Wolverine doing ridiculous retarded stuff and beating up people he shouldn't. It's out of his ability, but hey he's popular.

Proves what? It's like saying that Kurse's body wasn't broken or cracked by Thor weilding Mjlnornir and amped by his belt of strength. It just proves that Kurse's armor is either stronger than Mjlnornir or Thor still lacked the strength to break Kurse with Mjlnornir.

And do we even know whether adamantium ranks against these weapons? Your just assuming the sword is more durable than adamantium.

Thirdly, how strong is King Thor? Anyone even know? To say Supes with amping is on KT level is ridiculous. Without Odinforce, beating up Thing and Hulk is a feat. With Odin force, he deformed adamantium with his heatvision. He killed Desak with Destroyer armor.

DD ain't on King Thor's level.

King Thor
Originally posted by joesha28
Hey! You are Hulk Power! That's odd....Hulk fans usually don't hook up with Thor for any reason.

Yup! That's me. I've always liked Thor. I just happen to like Hulk a little more but Thor is still bad ass. I'm not just a Hulk fan...

Originally posted by ImmortalOne
Dude, people like Hulk Power ... i mean King Thor, they change their ID because their old one is too stuck to a single character, I'll bet you he'll change his ID when ......lets say....... Reed incapacitates WhiteCrownP !!!! laughing out loud laughing out loud

Nope. I've always liked Thor. It's just that I like Hulk a little bit more but I don't change my name because of a certain character that is really good or anything like that. If I wanted to name myself after a really good comic book character then I would have changed my ID to Thanos or Galactus. wink

leonidas
<<DD ain't on King Thor's level.>>

i don't think he's saying he is overall, just that things/attacks that affect kt MAY not affect dd. imo it was purest BULLSH!T that wolvie could even cut kt, but in that scene it didn't appear thor was yet wielding the odinforce when wolvie cut him so the point is moot -- that scene looks to me as thor is was regular who was cut and AFTER he was cut he unleashed the odinforce.

<<Without Odinforce, beating up Thing and Hulk is a feat.>>

does that mean regular thor is as strong as thanos?
big grin

jinzin
? Well, IF you include crossovers, Surfer can reverse an Imp's affect on an entire city. And the ridiculous argument will be Surfer turns the entire JLA into microbes size.

If you want to use crossovers, use it as "possible evidence," not actual evidence. For instance, Superman "may actually be more powerful than adamantium as hinted in a FF/Superman crossover."

Otherwise, stating that Superman has survived adamantium cutting lasers is no different than stating Superman has beaten Zod. The real difference, one is a crossover and the other is not.

Crossovers are an attempt by both companies to cash in on the other's market. The both sides sacrifice character's history to please the other side and draw in more readers. It's the same b.s. that Marvel pulls for Wolverine doing ridiculous retarded stuff and beating up people he shouldn't. It's out of his ability, but hey he's popular.

this is a great argument. I actually agree with you on the premise that it should be possible perhaps not definitely... but like I said they are the only degrees we have for comparison..

otherwise batmans a damned ten ton lifter in the marvel universe....

Proves what? It's like saying that Kurse's body wasn't broken or cracked by Thor weilding Mjlnornir and amped by his belt of strength. It just proves that Kurse's armor is either stronger than Mjlnornir or Thor still lacked the strength to break Kurse with Mjlnornir.

And do we even know whether adamantium ranks against these weapons? Your just assuming the sword is more durable than adamantium.
and you're assuuming it's not despite the evidence being in favor of the opposing argument..

again we have no grounds for comparison by the argument you presented.. so it's easy to assume that admantium can't pierce the skin of humans in the DCU much less superman.

Thirdly, how strong is King Thor? Anyone even know? To say Supes with amping is on KT level is ridiculous. Without Odinforce, beating up Thing and Hulk is a feat. With Odin force, he deformed adamantium with his heatvision. He killed Desak with Destroyer armor.
beating up thing is a feat? hmm I seem to recall drax one punching thing into the ground... and I'm sure you remember the prof.hulk =drax argument... we just had it in another thread... roll eyes (sarcastic)
DD ain't on King Thor's level.

how do you come to this conclusion? didn't you JUST try to chastize me for ASSUMING that the superman sword was more durable than adamntium in spite of evidence?... pffft...

Adam Warlock

beating up thing is a feat? hmm I seem to recall drax one punching thing into the ground... and I'm sure you remember the prof.hulk =drax argument... we just had it in another thread... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Actually he killed Hulk and thrashed The Thing at the same time without the Odinforce.

jinzin
Actually he killed Hulk and thrashed The Thing at the same time without the Odinforce.

I understand what happened.. I've read it... What the f**k?

but beating up on thing shouldn't really be a feat if you're the mighty thor no?

Adam Warlock

but beating up on thing shouldn't really be a feat if you're the mighty thor no?

Killing the HULK and Thrashing the THING when your main source of power is gone is interesting.

Hmmmm... Could Superman beat those two without yellow sun radiation running through his veins? Nope.

jinzin
Killing the HULK and Thrashing the THING when your main source of power is gone is interesting.

Hmmmm... Could Superman beat those two without yellow sun radiation running through his veins? Nope.

this wasn't like thor was a normal human beating those two... confused

draining all the radiation out of supes would do just that... not really an comparible scenario...

leonidas
<<Hmmmm... Could Superman beat those two without yellow sun radiation running through his veins? Nope.>>

that's a silly point. without it, supes would be basically human. without odinforce, thor is STILL a god . . .

we HAVE seen supes do some great things under a RED sun, and that is a more valid comparison.

jinzin
<<Hmmmm... Could Superman beat those two without yellow sun radiation running through his veins? Nope.>>

that's a silly point. without it, supes would be basically human. without odinforce, thor is STILL a god . . .

we HAVE seen supes do some great things under a RED sun, and that is a more valid comparison.

seriously...

Adam Warlock

Silly point, but same thing. Take away the characters main source of power and attack him with Class 100 bricks.

Could Surfer battle and win againt these two without the power cosmic? Nope.

leonidas
blink

you're not getting it. take away odinforce and thor is STILL a god with all his natural powers. take away his godhood or have him battle them as don blake THEN see what happens.

jinzin
Silly point, but same thing. Take away the characters main source of power and attack him with Class 100 bricks.

Could Surfer battle and win againt these two without the power cosmic? Nope.

but silver surfer isn't adept at h2h combat like thor is.. surfer's statisically not great of a fighter whatsoever... thor is...

things class 100 now? confused

jinzin
blink

you're not getting it. take away odinforce and thor is STILL a god with all his natural powers. take away his godhood or have him battle them as don blake THEN see what happens.

yes

Adam Warlock
blink

It's not his fault he's a god. Add the Odinforce, you get Destroyer busting power.

Destroyer + Desak > Doomsday

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/t83mu.jpg

Oh, props to Beyonder for the scans.

jinzin
It's not his fault he's a god.

the hell? What the f**k?

Add the Odinforce, you get Destroyer busting power.

Destroyer + Desak > Doomsday

how have you come to this conclusion?

leonidas
<<It's not his fault he's a god.>>

chair

sam_drugbringer
Well hell, the destroyer was made to defeat celestials, and if you're going to say DD > a celestial.... wll, you're crazy.

And as for wolverine, he's also cut Wolverine with his claws. The fact is, his claws can cut anything.

It's PIS, but damnit, at least it's consestent PIS.

Beyonder

how do you come to this conclusion? didn't you JUST try to chastize me for ASSUMING that the superman sword was more durable than adamntium in spite of evidence?... pffft...

No. That's not what I think. What I think is Mjlnornir, adamantium, and Supes sword are unknown in durability level. The way I figure it is, they're all "unbreakable" to a certain degree.

King Thor disformed adamantium so called unbreakable material without effort. Destroyer armor's disintegrator beams cut Mjlnornir, as considered unbreakable.

If Supes was weilding Mjlnonir or an adamantium sword, he'd probably fare as well as he did with the Sword, breaking or cutting DD I mean.

As for evidence, this is a fight. King Thor smashes him up like he did Destroyer Armor or puts off into his heatvision, yeah DD would be in trouble.

Heck, unlike Darkseid or Supes, King Thor as a variety of attacks to beat DD. King Thor takes to the air and takes all the free shots and time to strategize as he likes.

And other than punching King Thor, what can DD do?

leonidas
<<And as for wolverine, he's also cut Wolverine with his claws>>

blink

Beyonder
<<DD ain't on King Thor's level.>>

does that mean regular thor is as strong as thanos?
big grin

Thor lost an arm.

leonidas
<<the destroyer was made to defeat celestials>>

and while this is true, don't forget the destroyer failed miserably in its task, even empowered by . . . well, pretty much everything in asgard!

regular thor himself has also taken out the destroyer in 1on1 combat. though it's true the destroyer was momentarily distracted by a mortal.

Beyonder

Normal Thor in hand to hand combat with Hulk and Thing. You don't have to be class 100 to beat up one. It was still two on one and Thor came out an top. As for being a god, god or not they've been beaten up before. All three are good fighters and it was two on one. They even had the element of surprise for a short period.

Destroyer has beaten Thor as well. But anyhow, King Thor has more at his disposal than DD. DD might even be more stronger but punching people harder is his only attack.

sam_drugbringer
Why can't you quote like a normal person?

The reason it failed was beacuse like 10 of them teamed up on it. 1v1 it proboly would have done better.

joesha28

Beating up the Thing is not such a feat (respects to him) if you're are the Mighty Thor but to thrash Thing with the Hulk as his tag IS esp when you're w/o Mjolnir.

jinzin
Beating up the Thing is not such a feat (respects to him) if you're are the Mighty Thor but to thrash Thing with the Hulk as his tag IS esp when you're w/o Mjolnir.

but it was prof hulk right?

joesha28
Looks like him....

joesha28
The Destroyer is a match to a single Celesial. Thus he is a celestial-level. Note that it took all the Celestials to melt-down Destroyer. Desak is a an anti-god. Note that a Skyfather, Odin, could not out him down.

King Thor beat a Desak + Destroyer combination that could virtually put him above Skyfather-level, but to assume that he is close or just below Celestial level cannot be overseen.

Beyonder
The Destroyer is a match to a single Celesial. Thus he is a celestial-level. Note that it took all the Celestials to melt-down Destroyer. Desak is a an anti-god. Note that a Skyfather, Odin, could not out him down.

King Thor beat a Desak + Destroyer combination that could virtually put him above Skyfather-level, but to assume that he is close or just below Celestial level cannot be overseen.

Destroyer varies. Nearly all of asgard was in it during that fight.

King Thor is not Celestial level. Rune Thor is around Cube Being level or below.

King Thor downed Desak with Destroyer armor in one shot.

leonidas
<<Why can't you quote like a normal person?>>

who's to say that the normal people don't quote like i do, and the abnormal one's use the quote button?

<<The reason it failed was beacuse like 10 of them teamed up on it. 1v1 it proboly would have done better.>>

probably? obviously speculatory. however, the ones he DID manage to attack he did very little damage to. even chopping off arms didn't matter since they were reconstituted almost at once and driving the sword through arishem did nothing either. ridiculous to think something made by a skyfather could kill a celestial even if that WAS its purpose.

<<Normal Thor in hand to hand combat with Hulk and Thing. You don't have to be class 100 to beat up one. It was still two on one and Thor came out an top.>>

b, i was simply refuting adam's claim. again, i never meant anything more than that. warlock's point made no sense is all. you seem to forget -- i think kt would win this fight against h/p doomsday. odinforce is nasty stuff and has some crazy variety of attacks. i just don't think it would be as easy, given what he's done and his durability, as waving a hand and blasting him or standing h2h with him.

now the rematch might be a different story . . .

joesha28
Maybe KT should stick to a particular tactic of killing DD in a particular round...shift to another in another round.

leonidas
i would say the same thing, but i wonder if it is the odinforce he would adapt to, rather than the actual attack itself? that would be interesting to find out.

ImmortalOne
indeed it will !!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.