Good or Evil

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ron Jeremy
Both are valid choices confused

Which one do you choose and can you define either?

Jedi Priestess
I think there is a thread on this in the philosphy section.

Ron Jeremy
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
I think there is a thread on this in the philosphy section.

can you provide a link? I think thats Good v Evil a very different set of ideas smile I might be wrong though

debbiejo
Good=Positive, unselfish actions.

Evil=Negative, or selfish actions.

Ron Jeremy
Originally posted by debbiejo

I Disagree, Evilacts can serve an ultimately good purpose or outcome.

debbiejo
Examples?

debbiejo
EXAMPLES?

Ron Jeremy
Well the Nazis acts were evil but they united the people of Europe for a short time against them. smile

debbiejo
Originally posted by Ron Jeremy
Well the Nazis acts were evil but they united the people of Europe for a short time against them. smile

That does not make a "Negative" a "Positive"....

Ron Jeremy
That does not make a "Negative" a "Positive"....

no but from the Nazi point of view they were able to justify there actions as not evil smile

debbiejo
no but from the Nazi point of view they were able to justify there actions as not evil smile Still doesn't matter...a negative is still a negative and you said you wanted our interpretation of both good and evil

I said:

Ron Jeremy
Still doesn't matter...a negative is still a negative and you said you wanted our interpretation of both good and evil

I said:

So do you think tha Nazis could not justify their actions as anything but evil then?

debbiejo
Hitler had Sylphs(sp?)....and he was selfish in his actions....Their followers were sheep, or even terrified in not going along...and Hitler did it the right way....He started them out young, taking kids out of the house holds and enrolling them in his schools....My relative were in Italy...You know Mussolini....They moved to the US at that time...Others moved to Argentina.

commander fox
EVIL
evil face evil face

Ron Jeremy
Hitler had Sylphs(sp?)....and he was selfish in his actions....Their followers were sheep, or even terrified in not going along...and Hitler did it the right way....He started them out young, taking kids out of the house holds and enrolling them in his schools....My relative were in Italy...You know Mussolini....They moved to the US at that time...Others moved to Argentina.

laughing out loud a bit of a cop out smile

debbiejo
laughing out loud a bit of a cop out smile Italy was starving trying to recoup from previous wars.

botankus
Originally posted by commander fox
lOOK AT MY SMART TOPIC: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f61/t377798.html

blink

Ron Jeremy
Italy was starving trying to recoup from previous wars.

but does that make it the good right thing to do or is it still evil? smile

Ron Jeremy
Originally posted by botankus
blink

disturbing smile

debbiejo
Originally posted by botankus
blink laughing out loud laughing out loud

Though before the wars my family there were very wealthy...rich, rich, rich....even had ...the whole shabang...Had the prefix name Don in front of their name.........Lost it all after the wars.

They became so poor, the people there....some died from eating cherry pits just to get some food in their stomachs....It was sad.

Ron Jeremy
laughing out loud laughing out loud

Though before the wars my family there were very wealthy...rich, rich, rich....even had ...the whole shabang...Had the prefix name Don in front of their name.........Lost it all after the wars.

They became so poor, the people there....some died from eating cherry pits just to get some food in their stomachs....It was sad.

So evil begat evil but would Europe have evolved as positively as it has recently withouth the war?

debbiejo
So evil begat evil but would Europe have evolved as positively as it has recently withouth the war? I'm not a fortune teller...sorry.

Ron Jeremy
I'm not a fortune teller...sorry.

good can come from evil - as the day must follow the night smile

debbiejo
The only thing good that could come from it is that we know now what evil is, what sheep are even , and the knowledge of not letting it happen again...though seems people forget the lessons of the past....

Ron Jeremy
The only thing good that could come from it is that we know now what evil is, what sheep areeven , and the knowledge of not letting it happen again...though seems people forget the lessons of the past....

Yes we should never forget the lessons of the past as a Gypsy I know this smile

debbiejo
Yes we should never forget the lessons of the past as a Gypsy I know this smile And not dwell on it, but move on like my family did....

Shakyamunison
Good!

But is my good the same as your good?
If not, would my choice be evil to you?

Good and evil no not exist outside of a cultural framework.

Ron Jeremy
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Good!

But is my good the same as your good?
If not, would my choice be evil to you?

Good and evil no not exist outside of a cultural framework.

Are you sure about this smile

grey fox
Good and evil are similar to religion

It's easy to be evil and sin your heart out , after all evil gives you pleasure beyond your wildest dreams

Whereas good is boring and difficult . You have to set your mind and body to a set of rules and always stick by them.

soleran30
evil is good......I mean come on what good is a sunny day if it never rains? Anyway Eddie Murphy did a whole piece on this in Vampire in Brooklyn craptastic movie but 1 great scenesmile

Good and Evil have to exist together as a measure of for instance human behaviour..........now if we got rid of those 2 words what would happen would behaviours change? Nope however new words would be created to describe.

debbiejo
You're talking about polarities that exist...

Shakyamunison
Are you sure about this smile

Yes, anything is life that has two aspects are truly one thing. We break them down and define them within a culture. Example, until the early 20th century there was a place in Ethiopia that had no contact with the outside world. These people lived in a desert environment with limited resources. In their culture it was mandatory for a young man to kill another man from another tribe before they could marry. In our culture killing is evil, in their culture killing was good, because by killing each other they kept the population in check and the entire culture survived in a hostile environment.

Deano

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.