Best Overall Guitar player EVER??

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DJ911
Well, who do you guys tihnk is the best guitar player overall, in the whole world, from any time period.

and please give some supporting details besides like

THAT HAWT GOY FROM THE CLICK FIVE!!! like OmGee!!

come on
you know what i mean
vai, malmsteen, etcetera

Alpha Centauri
Hendrix. There really isn't any debating this.

Cliche? Yes. True? Yes.

Don't bother saying Clapton or whoever, because despite being older they were in sheer awe of the man.

-AC

jaden101
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Hendrix. There really isn't any debating this.

Cliche? Yes. True? Yes.

Don't bother saying Clapton or whoever, because despite being older they were in sheer awe of the man.

-AC

i second that motion...the motion is carried

saw slash doing the guitar work for hey joe at the uk music hall of fame...i'm a huge fan of slash...but all it showed was how far a gulf exists between him and hendrix

bakerboy
Too many to post. I think that its pretty stupid to post only one when there are many and many amazing guitar players in music story. Yes, Hendrix was fantastic, but also clapton is fantastic, or may, or b b king, or santana, or keith richards, or david gilmour, or mick taylor, or george harrison, or nkopler, etc, etc.

Alpha Centauri
Yes but the point of the thread is to pick one isn't it? Greatest ever, overall.

In which case it's Hendrix. Clapton wasn't as good, George Harrison shouldn't even be amongst those names, you're just saying him because he was one of The Beatles.

-AC

eggmayo
Hendrix or Satriani

Slay
John Petrucci no expression

Deathblow
Holy christ. Stop with these threads already.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.