Is Harry related to Voldemort?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

absy
If you think about it, this could be. After all, they share some abilities, e.g. Parseltongue. Although Dumbledore thinks that Vold passed them on on that fateful night at Godric's Hollow, do we really know?
In the sixth book we are told that Tom Riddle Senior left Merope and went back to Little Hangleton. Who's to say that he didn't remarry, take another name because he was so ashamed and have more children? For example, his son could be James or Lily. This would make it easier to explain how they 'thrice defied him', perhaps when he first discovered his half-brother/sister?

Please post opinions!

ILuvRUPERT1091
J.K. Rowling all ready said that Harry and Voldemort.

Diamond~Kisses
Originally posted by ILuvRUPERT1091
J.K. Rowling all ready said that Harry and Voldemort. Harry and Voldermort what exactly?
No. They are not related. End of.

absy
why not? evidence?

spencerspider
i dont think they r..

absy
if they are, it would explain a lot. yeah, trelawney said that 'neither can live while the other survives' but why??? How can one spell have created such a curious link between them? they share so many skills.

I heard one of the last lines of hp 7 is hermione to harry 'harry - where's your scar?'

Take_Me_Away
Voldemort and Harry are not related. JK said that they're not. Plus, we already know that Lily is related to Petunia, who had no other wizards in her family.

Jame's ancestors have all been member of the OotP.

Are Harry and Voldy related>?

no. that rumor was squashed ages ago.

shaber
James' ancestors can't all have been members of the OoTP because his parents weren't and although we don't know when the order was founded, it was probably relatively recent.

The author has said quite clearly that Voldemort is not a close relative of any kind to Potter. James Potter may have been the Gaunt's third cousin twenty times removed or something like that, but only because the pureblooded wizards are all interrelated.

The Phantom
Originally posted by absy
If you think about it, this could be. After all, they share some abilities, e.g. Parseltongue. Although Dumbledore thinks that Vold passed them on on that fateful night at Godric's Hollow, do we really know?
In the sixth book we are told that Tom Riddle Senior left Merope and went back to Little Hangleton. Who's to say that he didn't remarry, take another name because he was so ashamed and have more children? For example, his son could be James or Lily. This would make it easier to explain how they 'thrice defied him', perhaps when he first discovered his half-brother/sister?

Please post opinions!

Parseltongue he got because of the scar. DD has said that.

Tank115
If you remember in the ootp serius said that all purebloods are somehow related.

Saratn
and Voldemort isn't a pureblood, neither is Harry. and Dumbledore said that the Dursley's were his ONLY living relatives.

Barker
Originally posted by Tank115
If you remember in the ootp serius said that all purebloods are somehow related.
Originally posted by Saratn
and Voldemort isn't a pureblood, neither is Harry. and Dumbledore said that the Dursley's were his ONLY living relatives.
laughing Pwned!

Rave X

Harry is pureblood, both his parents were wizards

Tired Hiker
I guess you could say that they are blood brothers! yes

shaber
Originally posted by Rave X
Harry is pureblood, both his parents were wizards

he is half-blood, it's mentioned all over the books What the f**k?

Tired Hiker
Yeah, his mom was a muggle, right? confused

Saratn
yep.

The Phantom
Originally posted by Tired Hiker
Yeah, his mom was a muggle, right? confused Muggle-born, not a muggle. Give Lily some respect, calling her a muggle.... wait, did I get that right? Muggle born? Oh here, shes a damn mudblood for crying out loud. There, I know I got that part right.

Saratn
no...Rowling only said she was muggleborn for her health....

The Phantom
no...Rowling only said she was muggleborn for her health.... What?

Tired Hiker
Either way, she is Harry Potter's mom, so of course I respect her.

danagrint
oh yes, that is why he tried to kill harry and voldermort tried to kill his 'brother' and sister in law! oh yes it is all making sense now! and how about I add that harry is related to dumbledore, hagrid, dobby, and ron!

s-a-r-c-a-s-t-i-c

Sir J
Originally posted by The Phantom
Muggle-born, not a muggle. Give Lily some respect, calling her a muggle.... wait, did I get that right? Muggle born? Oh here, shes a damn mudblood for crying out loud. There, I know I got that part right. i swear voldemort says "filthy muggle mother"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.