List of Superman clones

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

roughrider
Time and again I'm tripping over all the various Superman clones in the versus forum; often fighting one another. Some of them verge on silly and ridiculous, others are worthy study for a different idea of the character. Help me out; let's see a comprehensive list of every one of them, from every company, and compare. Basic requirements: humanoid (mostly), super-strength and endurance, and flight. Energy projection is optional.

Fianna
Red Lotus?

Avalonofthewind
Supreme
Gladiator
Hyperion
Last Son of Krypton
Supergirl
Superboy
Majestic
Goku
Sentry
Bizarro
Cyborg

Ron Jeremy
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
Supreme
Gladiator
Hyperion
Last Son of Krypton
Supergirl
Superboy
Majestic
Goku
Sentry
Bizarro
Cyborg

Mon el
Vallor
Duplicate Boy
IKON

thesilverspider
captain marvel(dc)
sentry
gladiator
apollo
hyperion
captain mar-vell(because of the whole absorbing sunlight thing)
theirs more but cant think of them right now

thesilverspider
and steele for having the s on his chest

Scoobless
the thing is... though most of those guys have similar powers to Superman (which is to be expected since he has most of the best powers going) hardly any of them share any character aspects in common with Superman

Ron Jeremy
Originally posted by Scoobless
the thing is... though most of those guys have similar powers to Superman (which is to be expected since he has most of the best powers going) hardly any of them share any character aspects in common with Superman

trueish smile

Avalonofthewind

Thats what truly sets Supes apart from all his "clones."

Fianna
Thats what truly sets Supes apart from all his "clones." That he's vaguely annoying..happy

The Ion
Originally posted by roughrider
Basic requirements: humanoid (mostly), super-strength and endurance, and flight. Energy projection is optional.
Not very strict requirements. I can say The Spectre is a Supes clone.

roughrider
There's Hyperion I, II, and III right?

And all the various, alternate versions through DC - Red Son, Apokolips-raised, Superman 1 million, Kingdom Come...

roughrider
Originally posted by The Ion
Not very strict requirements. I can say The Spectre is a Supes clone.

How?

The Ion
He's humanoid (99% of the time), has super strength and durability and can fly.

roughrider
Spectre looks human, but is an ethreal spirit; magic powers his might, and can just wish something out of existence.

The Ion
Doesn't matter. He's humanoid, has super strength and durability and the power of flight. Furthermore Captain Atom, Galactus and his heralds, The Beyonder, Magneto, Triumph, Martian Manhunter and Green Lantern are Supes clones too.

And yes, I'm being a jerk. Happy Dance

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by Fianna
That he's vaguely annoying..happy

No more annoying than half of his corny ripoffs. smile

Scoobless
Thats what truly sets Supes apart from all his "clones."

i'd have said it's what seperates them from him.... he's far less interesting than the people you consider to be his "clones"

Fianna
No more annoying than half of his corny ripoffs. smile True..but you could say that comic book characters are all a rip off of each other because they have super powers, use them and generally have a double life..

Avalonofthewind
i'd have said it's what seperates them from him.... he's far less interesting than the people you consider to be his "clones"

We all have our opinions..but obviously he's far more interesting if he can do things like keep up a couple of monthly books, a successful tv show and movie coming out. His clones have neither. sad

So much for his clones. smile

Scoobless
We all have our opinions..but obviously he's far more interesting if he can do things like keep up a couple of monthly books, a successful tv show and movie coming out. His clones have neither. sad

So much for his clones. smile

maybe if their images were force fed to kids before they learn to speak they'd have equal sales

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Avalonofthewind
maybe if their images were force fed to kids before they learn to speak they'd have equal sales

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Boo hoo. My characters not as popular, so now lets whine about Supes being forcefed to kids!

And yes, we can all use the eye rolling smiley. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Scoobless
Boo hoo. My characters not as popular, so now lets whine about Supes being forcefed to kids!

And yes, we can all use the eye rolling smiley. roll eyes (sarcastic)

yes we can.... but who is it you think "my character" is exactly?

roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic)

you do realise that you're the one who brought up the point of popularity though... as if being popular makes a character better

and i didn't whine ... i just pointed out a fact.... why are you taking this personally?

Adam Warlock
Some of Superman's clones seem to outclass him though.

Avalonofthewind
yes we can.... but who is it you think "my character" is exactly?

roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic)

you do realise that you're the one who brought up the point of popularity though... as if being popular makes a character better

and i didn't whine ... i just pointed out a fact.... why are you taking this personally?

Relax, I'm messing around as much as you are. (At least I hope ur just fooling around.)
roll eyes (sarcastic) x infinity smile

And its not just popularity. To maintain that many things happening at once, you have to be pretty damn interesting.

TwisterGameX
every super strong super hero ever is a superman clone.

Scoobless
To maintain that many things happening at once, you have to be pretty damn interesting.

then explain Wolverine.... laughing

Avalonofthewind
then explain Wolverine.... laughing

Some things defy the laws of nature.

roughrider
Originally posted by TwisterGameX
every super strong super hero ever is a superman clone.

No. Thor, Hulk, Silver Surfer, Spiderman are among many that have little or no resemblence to the big S.

No one has mentioned Wonder Man yet, so I will.

Creshosk
And yes, I'm being a jerk. Happy Dance That may be so, but you have a point. These requirements are a bit lax.

Classic Rouge, Wonder Woman, Ms Marvel, also fit the given requirments. As does Namor. . .

TwisterGameX
No. Thor, Hulk, Silver Surfer, Spiderman are among many that have little or no resemblence to the big S.

Spiderman is not super strong. Hulk is a mad superman with only one power.

Creshosk
Spiderman is not super strong. What the f**k?

roughrider
Doesn't matter. He's humanoid, has super strength and durability and the power of flight. Furthermore Captain Atom, Galactus and his heralds, The Beyonder, Magneto, Triumph, Martian Manhunter and Green Lantern are Supes clones too.

And yes, I'm being a jerk. Happy Dance

Green Lantern and Magneto have super-strength? I never knew that! roll eyes (sarcastic)
Galactus has zero in common with Superman. Martian Manhunter is about as humanoid as Beta Ray Bill, who also is no Supes clone.

Adam Warlock

Oh my gosh... I'm one of the biggest Wonder Man fanboys out there and I didn't even mention him. Props to you Roughrider for mentioning him.

Wonder Man has practically all the abilities Supes has, except he's powered by continuous self generating ionic energy. Superman lite to be exact. He CAN shoot beams from his eyes. He can fly. The more focused or angry he is, the higher all his physical attributes grow, similar to that of the Hulk. He as the potential to become everything Count Nefaria is if he learns to utilize his powers efficiently. He can alter his size similar to what Atlas does but can't use as long as Atlas does or it'll make him crazy. Oh, he's also immortal. He's called himself earth's immortal protector at least once. It's also theorized(Not proven yet), that if he is killed, or obliterated, his body will reform over time due to ions being everywhere and anywhere.

Oh, Count Nefaria also seems to be a clone of Superman as well.

roughrider
I will try to be even more specific here, because some people have taken the tack that every super-powered character is somehow a clone of Superman, because he was arguebly the first.
Beyond some similar abilities, there is the image of being well-groomed, photogenic, carrying an air of majesty, and the atitude of a straight arrow, wanting to serve the common good, feeling tied to society. Confident but not arrogant - not one for bad-ass I-do-it-my-way tactics.

TwisterGameX
Well Batman is a Superman clone with no powers....thats like if Superman is under the red sun.

roughrider
Originally posted by Adam Warlock
Oh my gosh... I'm one of the biggest Wonder Man fanboys out there and I didn't even mention him. Props to you Roughrider for mentioning him.

Wonder Man has practically all the abilities Supes has, except he's powered by continuous self generating ionic energy. Superman lite to be exact. He CAN shoot beams from his eyes. He can fly. The more focused or angry he is, the higher all his physical attributes grow, similar to that of the Hulk. He as the potential to become everything Count Nefaria is if he learns to utilize his powers efficiently. He can alter his size similar to what Atlas does but can't use as long as Atlas does or it'll make him crazy. Oh, he's also immortal. He's called himself earth's immortal protector at least once. It's also theorized(Not proven yet), that if he is killed, or obliterated, his body will reform over time due to ions being everywhere and anywhere.

Oh, Count Nefaria also seems to be a clone of Superman as well.

Simon's been killed before, hasn't he? And he pulled himself together again?

Count Nefaria: When is the last time we heard from him?

roughrider
Well Batman is a Superman clone with no powers....thats like if Superman is under the red sun.

No...the two of them are like reflections in a broken mirror. DC plays up this duality by having Clark and Bruce look almost exactly alike. But Clark is sunny and optimistic, and by the book. Bruce is angry, repressed and distrustful of most authority, and looks at Clark as a well-meaning but naive and overpowered amateur. Clark thinks Bruce shouldn't be so embittered all the time.

Adam Warlock
Simon's been killed before, hasn't he? And he pulled himself together again?

Count Nefaria: When is the last time we heard from him?

Yeah Simon has died at least a couple of times before. He supposedly died when shortly after him betraying Zemo since the side effects of the ionic treatment was that he would die within a week. But he was in a coma of sorts that rendered his body inactive. His other death was accredited to a blast from a Kree Ion Cannon. The resulted explosion of pure ionic force practically disintegrated him. But his soul refused to go to the afterlife because at that time, he was in love with Scarlet Witch. Scarlet Witch supposedly brought him back to life. Nefaria has been been blown up before after the battle with the Avengers and Thunderbolts, he was leaking ionic energy due to the ionic lock gun, and he practically exploded just as he flew out of our atmosphere. Yet, there he was on the Raft. WM, Nefaria, and possibly Atlas might have the ability to reform themselves after death.

Count Nefaria was one of the prisoners that got away from the Raft in the New Avengers. I think a showdown between Nefaria and The Sentry is inevitable.

who?-kid
Yeah, it's not because you have a cape, can fly and are pretty strong, you are a Super-Man clone.

Paola
We have a Superman forum that noone uses roll eyes (sarcastic)

FistOfThe North
Captain Planet.

Fanboy
Count Nefaria sucks he should not be a Supermanc lone because Count Nefaria got his ass killed by Iron Man wich Superman can rip in half with no problem.

yedips
Originally posted by Adam Warlock
WM, Nefaria, and possibly Atlas might have the ability to reform themselves after death.

Atlas already reformed...Using Dallas Riordan as an anchor...but unlike Simon, he melted with her (before being separated while returning fro counter earth)...but all this was during the crappiest moments of the T-bolts : when Nicieza wrote it sad ...by the way, the ionic Atlas was a super-clone too (with a "A" instead of the "S"

olympian
. . .

"every super strong super hero ever is a superman clone"

Wrong. I can name at least five that predate Superman.

Heracles
Thor
Samson
Gilgamesh
Beowulf

"Spiderman is not super strong"

Not to the level of Superman but super strong nonethless. What do you call someone who picks up cars with ease and subway trains?

"Hulk is a mad superman with only one power"

Hulk is a take on Jekil and Hide (also superstrong). The madder with rage is a take from Heracles myths. It belonged to him.

"Well Batman is a Superman clone with no powers....thats like if Superman is under the red sun"

More like a Zorro/Phantom rip off.

Adam Warlock
Originally posted by Fanboy
Count Nefaria sucks he should not be a Supermanc lone because Count Nefaria got his ass killed by Iron Man wich Superman can rip in half with no problem.

A full power Nefaria would outright own post crisis Superman. smile

Look at Nefaria laughing at the Mjolnir:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/nefaria34ob.jpg

Look at Superman screaming in pain from the Mjolnir:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/030904.jpg

Supes was not laughing...

olympian
He was too busy bleeding for that.

Lucid Lui
Glads is by far the best clone, with the most potential IMO.

He really needs his own mini...We barely know anything at all about his origin...

FistOfThe North
Capttain Marvel was the 1st Superman clone.

roughrider
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
Capttain Marvel was the 1st Superman clone.

And it sucks what happened. These days, no one would get sued for copyright for reasons like that; they are not THAT much alike, compared to many of the others.
And for the entire 1940's, Marvel was outselling Superman, and was the most popular superhero comic in America. Not bad for a so-called clone.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.