How Miracleman influenced the Matrix

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ron Jeremy
I know I tell you a how groundbreaking Miraceman was and how it infuenced everything from Supreme Power to The Sentry, but its difficut for most of you to see as its out of print in a copyright battle here's another example.

Coincidence?

http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/7115/matrixmm007up.th.jpg

roughrider
Well, the Wachowskis ripped off almost anything good under the sun to create their story. Like good comics fans, they would know Miracleman.

Hegemon875
Yeah like no one could ever think of making a super powered character float in the air surrounded by crackling lightning..

DrDoom101
Originally posted by Hegemon875
Yeah like no one could ever think of making a super powered character float in the air surrounded by crackling lightning..

agreed

long pig
Electro did that in the 60's

DrDoom101

Piedmon
The Matrix borrows from a lot of stuff--not the least of which is Grant Morrison's original series The Invisibles. Go read it if you REALLY want to free your mind--the original makes the imitation look positively tame.

Scoobless
Originally posted by Piedmon
The Matrix borrows from a lot of stuff--not the least of which is Grant Morrison's original series The Invisibles. Go read it if you REALLY want to free your mind--the original makes the imitation look positively tame.

free your mind..... through conformity

lol

jk

big grin

Ron Jeremy
Actually Matrix borrows from many mangas the difference is this shot is very near and the Warchowskis admit to be Alan Moore fans smile Oh yes this was about 1982 in Warrior well before Grant Morrison smile

Piedmon
Uh.... The Invisibles and The Matrix have a LOT more in common then some imagery. Themes, plot points, etc. were all lifted from the Invisibles by the Wachowskis very liberally. I'm not saying that The Invisibles was the ONLY thing The Matrix took from, but was it the biggest? YES.

Ron Jeremy
Originally posted by Piedmon
Uh.... The Invisibles and The Matrix have a LOT more in common then some imagery. Themes, plot points, etc. were all lifted from the Invisibles by the Wachowskis very liberally. I'm not saying that The Invisibles was the ONLY thing The Matrix took from, but was it the biggest? YES.

I'm aware of this I've read the invisibles - a lot of the invisibles is stolen from MM Morrison is a Moore fan as well smile

willRules

grey fox
I always thought the matrix borrowed stuff from the mormon religion.

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by grey fox
I always thought the matrix borrowed stuff from the mormon religion.
Yeah, like how Neo had 6 wives.

Piedmon
And magic bifocals!

yahman
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
Yeah, like how Neo had 6 wives.

laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.