Cocaine

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ron Jeremy
Have you tried it?
Do you know anyone who has?

What are your opinions on our "coked up" society?

Ya Krunk'd Floo
A few years ago, I went to a party where the basement was turned into a coke pit. It was the first time I had ever done coke and I did about 7 lines over the course of the night. The following afternoon, when I woke-up, I decided that coke would be the only drug for me from then on. However, this never came to pass. I didn't do coke again for over a year, and then I only did it intermittently over the summer. It made me feel very 'cool' and I thought everyone should stop talking and listen to me.

Since then, I have come to the conclusion that I am already very cool and that people should stop talking and listen to me regardless of whether I am under the influence, so I no longer indulge in any narcotics. My only vice is a cocktail or two at the weekend, the occasional bottle of wine and bucket loads of Thai Yaba 'Crazy Horse' crack. I feel I'm fairly under-control.

Don't do drugs, if you don't want to. Do drugs, if you want to. Don't be stupid.

Darth Jello
isn't it still legal as a perscription drug? either way, i've found that it just turns people into assholes and as pretty much a death sentance like heroin.

debbiejo
I've known people who have become addicted to it. along with Crystal Meth(sp)..Can cause heart attacks.. ...The girl who was doing Meth now has bone problems and is in constant pain spine problems...You're better not doing anything like that....They away from addicting things is my opinion.

jaden101
i've tried it a couple of times but find that i get really paranoid on it...a few of my mates do it about once a month

whatever floats your boat i suppose...

i've tried most drugs but steer clear of the proper hard stuff like heroin, crack, meth etc

amity75
I just can't imagine putting something up my nose. Or my arse for that matter.

botankus
Ron Jeremy, haha. Nice one, Whirly.

Ron Jeremy
Originally posted by botankus
Ron Jeremy, haha. Nice one, Whirly.

laughing out loud Thanks Botankus

and as for crack never take a drug named after a body part kids smile

Tired Hiker
Coffee is cheaper.

Ron Jeremy
Originally posted by Tired Hiker
Coffee is cheaper.

BE careful putting that up your nose smile

debbiejo
Originally posted by Tired Hiker
Coffee is cheaper. And Vanilla Latte....is yummy.

Ron Jeremy
Originally posted by debbiejo
And Vanilla Latte....is yummy.

again avoid snorting that Bebbie smile

Ron Jeremy
Originally posted by amity75
I just can't imagine putting something up my nose. Or my arse for that matter.

What if womeone else put it up your arse amity?

amity75
No comment happy

Shakyamunison
Once a long time ago (over 20 years) but didn't like it.

debbiejo

lil bitchiness
Yes, I've taken cocaine and yes i know people who do. Its a recriational drug, and we take it usually when clubbing at some big place or event (such as wild fruit or a rave party, or a goa party or psychedelic trance party of some kind).

Everything has to be in moderation.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo
Don't do drugs, if you don't want to. Do drugs, if you want to. Don't be stupid.

This is more or less the right mentality with regards to drugs.

-AC

Ron Jeremy
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
This is more or less the right mentality with regards to drugs.

-AC

What about the burden to the tax payer etc.

Alpha Centauri
What about it?

-AC

Ron Jeremy
What about it?

-AC

you don't feel the considerations of the drug taker should extend to burden he is placing (in the uk) at least on our already overworked NHS system and I for one resent my taxes being squandered on the self inflicted.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Ron Jeremy
you don't feel the considerations of the drug taker should extend to burden he is placing (in the uk) at least on our already overworked NHS system and I for one resent my taxes being squandered on the self inflicted.

Fair enough.

My point was regarding the actual taking of drugs. If you want to, do. If you don't, don't. Either way, don't be so irresponsible that it ruins the experience had by responsible drug users by being a drug abuser.

It wasn't about legality. That's a whole other issue.

-AC

Ron Jeremy
Fair enough.

My point was regarding the actual taking of drugs. If you want to, do. If you don't, don't. Either way, don't be so irresponsible that it ruins the experience had by responsible drug users by being a drug abuser.

It wasn't about legality. That's a whole other issue.

-AC

My points not about legality either and I
have no problem with most drugs - Coke is causing a great deal of violence and medical problems as the drug of choice in the UK at the moment.

Alpha Centauri
My points not about legality either and I
have no problem with most drugs - Coke is causing a great deal of violence and medical problems as the drug of choice in the UK at the moment.

So are alcohol and tobacco. More so, infact.

-AC

Ron Jeremy
So are alcohol and tobacco. More so, infact.

-AC

I again agree with you smile but the instant death factor is less present.

See my George Best thread to post on alcohol abuse smile

Alpha Centauri
I've never heard of an instant cocaine death, to be fair. Unless of course someone snorts some drastically dodgy quantity or content.

This of course falls under, what Krunk'd calls, "Stupid" and they deserve all they get.

-AC

Victor Von Doom
I again agree with you smile but the instant death factor is less present.

The families of victims of drunk drivers probably feel otherwise.

Ron Jeremy
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
The families of victims of drunk drivers probably feel otherwise.

interestingly a recent study shows drunk pedestrians to be more of a problem

Ron Jeremy
I've never heard of an instant cocaine death, to be fair. Unless of course someone snorts some drastically dodgy quantity or content.

This of course falls under, what Krunk'd calls, "Stupid" and they deserve all they get.

-AC

Can cause strokes in the same way ephedra based drugs can

Victor Von Doom
interestingly a recent study shows drunk pedestrians to be more of a problem

It's all fair game.

Ron Jeremy
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
It's all fair game.

I also take on board your point about indirect death and alcohol and passive smoking and ****. I gave up smoking almost 15 years ago when I worked in a histology dept in a large midlands teaching hospital.

Alpha Centauri
Can cause strokes in the same way ephedra based drugs can

Can. A lot of things can cause death, doesn't mean they will.

-AC

Ron Jeremy
Can. A lot of things can cause death, doesn't mean they will.

-AC
does in a percentage that costs me money, also does in a percentage cause non lethal strokes, again costing money and wasting lives. Also causes violence.

Alpha Centauri
A lot of things cause violence. Coke is being unfairly picked out there.

Wasting lives or not, that is none of your business. It's not your life.

-AC

Ron Jeremy
A lot of things cause violence. Coke is being unfairly picked out there.

Wasting lives or not, that is none of your business. It's not your life.

-AC

No but my taxes help pay for the NHS

Alpha Centauri
Why then are you not complaining about ALL drugs that lead to possible hospital treatment?

-AC

Ron Jeremy
Why then are you not complaining about ALL drugs that lead to possible hospital treatment?

-AC

Because Coke has become the drug of choice for this time.

mechmoggy

Alpha Centauri
Because Coke has become the drug of choice for this time.

It's not the only drug "draining" your money though.

-AC

PVS
coke is very dangerous and has long term effects.
of coarse if you use it recreationally and moderately and have the willpower to
resist addiction to one of the most addictive drugs besides heroine and nicotine,
then have a ball and be thankful for your blessing.

i just find it irresponsible to declare it harmless since it clearly isnt. and dont take that as high horse preaching because i smoke cigarettes and am aware of their effect. point is i dont take puff after puff while trying to convince myself that its perfectly safe.

all too often people die from long term damage. most recent one which comes to mind is eddie guerrero-clean and sober for 4 years, but the damage was done.

i tried coke a couple of times and it just sucked for me. heart was beating like mad, i was all paranoid, and just didnt feel comfortable in my own skin.

Ron Jeremy

mechmoggy
Fair enough, but back in my day it was waaaay over priced. Besides, I'd rather drop a little fella than take a line anyday. Much more fun and longer lasting.

I must stress again that I don't condone this type of behaviour. It took me ages to have fun without E after I stopped dropping. That alone is the one reason I'll steer clear of such things in future.

Ron Jeremy
Originally posted by mechmoggy
Fair enough, but back in my day it was waaaay over priced. Besides, I'd rather drop a little fella than take a line anyday. Much more fun and longer lasting.

I must stress again that I don't condone this type of behaviour. It took me ages to have fun without E after I stopped dropping. That alone is the one reason I'll steer clear of such things in future.

I doubt you are older than me Mech smile and yes it did cost more.

mechmoggy
I'm 28.

The age where I can still party, but it takes much longer to recover. sad

Inspectah Deck
Have you tried it?
Do you know anyone who has?

What are your opinions on our "coked up" society?

No Yayo for the Inspectah! detective

Ron Jeremy
I'm 28.

The age where I can still party, but it takes much longer to recover. sad

Add a few for me smile trust me I'm older than that.

mechmoggy
Ooh, coffin dodger eh? wink

Ron Jeremy
Ooh, coffin dodger eh? wink

indeed sad

amity75
The Cocaine barons destroy the lives of ordinary villagers and townsfolk in Colombia. A few weeks ago the mayor of a local town there decided to clamp down on the barons and their response was to stop a bus and shoot every man, woman and child on board. It causes abject poverty in these regions and people like Kate Moss, a big figure in the "Make poverty history" farce should maybe think about that the next time they suck some charlie up their dainty little hooters.

Ron Jeremy
Originally posted by amity75
The Cocaine barons destroy the lives of ordinary villagers and townsfolk in Colombia. A few weeks ago the mayor of a local town there decided to clamp down on the barons and their response was to stop a bus and shoot every man, woman and child on board. It causes abject poverty in these regions and people like Kate Moss, a big figure in the "Make poverty history" farce should maybe think about that the next time they suck some charlie up their dainty little hooters.

agreed

River Wild
I never tried cocaine, don't have plans on trying it in the future!

Imperial_Samura
Damn drugs, never tried them, never felt the need, and never will. I did have an uncle though that was into it big time.... isn't any more though simply because it killed him.

Still, cocaine isn't as popular down under any more. Still doesn't mean the drug war has been won, a new drug is on the scene, possibly worse then cocaine, called crystal meth. Now that messes people up. Not pretty.

soleran30
I believe the residing area of where I live is still considered the Meth Capitol of the wrold however I could be wrong because it isn't front line news everyday like it was 6 months ago.

Yeah Meth compared to cocaine is simply a nondiscussion on what it does.....just because of the ingredients used to produce it in my opinion.

Magee
Originally posted by Imperial_Samura
Damn drugs, never tried them, never felt the need, and never will. I did have an uncle though that was into it big time.... isn't any more though simply because it killed him.

Still, cocaine isn't as popular down under any more. Still doesn't mean the drug war has been won, a new drug is on the scene, possibly worse then cocaine, called crystal meth. Now that messes people up. Not pretty. Crystal meth is starting to come around in Scotland. Because the hit can last for so long I think some people are gonna start on this shit. I've tried coke a few times, I found it was quite euphoria ting, lol i'm quite a shy person but a few lines and away u go, non stop chat.

Inspectah Deck
I never knew so many people on KMC took drugs wacko

Darth_Erebus
I did quite a bit of it over a 2 year period but haven't touched it for 20 years now.

Morgoths_Wrath
coke isn't worth it

don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise

Kosta
Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo

AMEN!

Kosta

Morgoths_Wrath
drugs are overrated

Kosta
Originally posted by Morgoths_Wrath
drugs are overrated

To each their own smile

Inspectah Deck
The only coke I use is Coke Cola

lil bitchiness

Its still overpriced considering that the effects last up to 20 minutes and the come down all day. Bah!

You aint old Mechy, you need a while to recover maybe, but that doesnt make you old, jsut a bit of a lightweight. stick out tongue mwahahah!

As for the coke, the fact is that the more you take it, the worse the comedowns get.
Everything in moderation, as I said before.
If people abuse legal drugs such as alcohol, they could easely drop dead from alcohol poisoning, damage their liver, or simply get killed in car accident.

Its the same for any concious inducing chemicals - moderation people.

User versus abuser. Differance.

Kosta
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
User versus abuser. Differance.

Damn straight.

Like almost anything else in life, abuse it, and it will abuse you back.

debbiejo
The only problem is that some find is so euphoric they can't stop....I've know people that have had the insides of their noses eaten out, and dropped lots of weight, nervous, etc......The ocassional user if one could really stay ocassional wouldn't have such a problem, but it has your heart racing if you take too much...heart attacks...bad.

Same as any drug that can stimlate your neurotransmitters. serotonin...etc.

What is Cocaine Addiction?
Cocaine, as a stimulant, mimics the action of chemicals your brain produces to send messages of pleasure to your brain's reward center. Like adrenaline, cocaine increases your heart rate, blood pressure and breathing rate. Cocaine also constricts blood vessels, dilates pupils, releases sugar and fat into your blood stream, and energizes the brain to increased alertness. Stimulants increase feelings of anger, fear or agitation (fight or flight) and feelings of well-being, riding high, exhilaration or euphoria. When the stimulation goes too high, it produces feelings of panic, paranoia, hallucinations and rage that can progress to potentially fatal seizures and strokes. Ultimately, the brain becomes depressed by the local anesthetic effects, and coma and death can occur.

Cocaine produces an artificial feeling of pleasure by chemically mimicking certain normal brain messenger chemicals that produce positive feelings in response to signals from the brain.

Alpha Centauri
I've been saying the user/abuser thing for ages, and I do think it is a bit silly to say "moderation".

Some people can't moderate, hence addiction. Some people have addictive personalities. That's not stupidity with drugs, it's just very unfortunate.

Some people will be drug abusers, some will be drug users. There will always be drugs and people to use/abuse them. The most important and realistic route to take besides legalising them (which won't happen) is to stop treating drugs as some taboo subject. Painting it with the "life-wrecking" brush.

Compassion rather than condemnation.

-AC

BackFire
I've never personally done any illicit drugs, and I'd definately never do cocain. Not worth the risk, IMO.

I don't care what others do with their time, though. If you wanna take coke, take it, don't care. Just don't go bitching if/when you get arrested for it.

soleran30
Cocaine and Escasty use on the rise in Europe

second only to cannibus.....interesting shame too.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20051124/lf_afp/euhealthdrugs_051124222422

FistOfThe North
Shiit...how can people willfully insert deadly poisonous chemicals to alter thier phisiological and mental states.

They must wanna kill them selves, just slowly.

lol, like playing russian roulet in slow motion.

I heard about a 1st timer in his mid-20's who sniffed cocaine, and got a heart attack and died. And he was healthy too.

tabby999
i'm not interested in taking the other drugs like Coke and E, i'm happy having a few cones and going out on a nice groove, not snorting that shit and acting like a dick or dropping a disco buiscut and dancing for 12 hours. the ones that you get arrested on the spot for having, not interested.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
I heard about a 1st timer in his mid-20's who sniffed cocaine, and got a heart attack and died. And he was healthy too.

Loads of healthy people die everyday without drugs.

With regards to people acting like if you take drugs, you're on a life-ruining death sentence: Keith Richards.

There's no more to my debate. That one name does the job.

-AC

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by BackFire
I've never personally done any illicit drugs, and I'd definately never do cocain. Not worth the risk, IMO.

I don't care what others do with their time, though. If you wanna take coke, take it, don't care. Just don't go bitching if/when you get arrested for it.

What about the burden to the tax payers
The uneeded work for the Police, social and health services
Coked up people who get in fights
Serotonin dumped coke addicts who ended up in Asylums or are walking timebombs of violence etc. etc.

thats all something to ***** about imo smile

PVS
user/abuser is not a matter of choice.
some people get addicted far easier than others.
i marvel at someone who can smoke a pack of cigarretes at the
bar and be done with smoking until weeks later.
now, would it make sense for them to go aroud saying
'users/abusers' as if it was a matter of choice?
if you have the CHOICE to me moderate or not,
consider that a gift. for many that is not possible.

BackFire
Originally posted by Sir Whirlysplat
What about the burden to the tax payers
The uneeded work for the Police, social and health services
Coked up people who get in fights
Serotonin dumped coke addicts who ended up in Asylums or are walking timebombs of violence etc. etc.

thats all something to ***** about imo smile

All valid points, WS. I never said I was for coke or that people shouldn't complain about the burden to society of many illicit drugs, I said that when/if people get arrested for USING the drug they should not complain(the people who are arrested). They knew full well that what they were doing was illegal and the possible consequences for doing said act and they went ahead with it and chose to do it regaurdless. I have no sympathy for these people and don't want to hear their whining.

Alpha Centauri
I agree, I did just say this.

It doesn't change the fact that there is a difference between users and abusers, though.

Whirly, that's a completely different debate.

-AC

soleran30
Originally posted by PVS
user/abuser is not a matter of choice.
some people get addicted far easier than others.
i marvel at someone who can smoke a pack of cigarretes at the
bar and be done with smoking until weeks later.
now, would it make sense for them to go aroud saying
'users/abusers' as if it was a matter of choice?
if you have the CHOICE to me moderate or not,
consider that a gift. for many that is not possible.

I also wanted to add is that if you are an abuser the first choice you had was to be a user........so after they get addicted it can get tough for sympathy you just know they need it

Whats the expression hate the sin love the sinner.....oh and hate the socio-economic burden it placessmile

User or Abuser remember at one time the abuser was only a user.

debbiejo
Originally posted by BackFire
They knew full well that what they were doing was illegal and the possible consequences for doing said act and they went ahead with it and chose to do it regaurdless. . True....and many were my friends also...they some, a few, decided to try heroin...could never kick it.....but would never judge them as stupid really, only curious and human...they didn't know they had an addictive chemistry.......Had some friends and relatives do the OD thing.....so sad. sad

Sir Whirlysplat
I agree, I did just say this.

It doesn't change the fact that there is a difference between users and abusers, though.

Whirly, that's a completely different debate.

-AC

How about the User who gets a stroke first time out and has to have medical care for the rest of his/her life smile

Bun Bun
Crack is wack... weed is a need stick out tongue .......... j/p

I have never done it but ive seen people on it.... Kinda creepy.

The weird thing was.... for a while i wanted to try it.... but when the chance came round.... i didnt wanna smile

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Sir Whirlysplat
How about the User who gets a stroke first time out and has to have medical care for the rest of his/her life smile

What about the user who continues to use drugs safely and never has a problem?

Cos that is a possibility, lest we forget.

-AC

tabby999
alpha is right, not everyone who takes drugs is a junkie. i have friends who often dabble with E and speed, they're not headed for stealing purses and hanging off the health system. the cigarettes they smoke are gonna kill them before the narcotics.

the.shape
Here.

soleran30
You don't have to be a junky or an abuser to have just ONE bad hit then you become everyone's responsibility for your good time.

kmcdude
I tried cocaine,didn't do much for me,basicly I was just cocky and thought I was the ''sh t '' But I think that anyway so...........

Inspectah Deck
Looks like it did permanent damage

RedAlertv2
Owned!

Sir Whirlysplat
Fecking Funny Deck laughing out loud

River Wild
I'm so happy with what i have right now, dont wanna waste money, time and my life with drugs! It's not worth it!

Cell Phones

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.