War

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

AdventChild
Have you guys noticed there's been a war every 10-20 yrs in the U.S history? I thought it was kinda weird and the majority of the wars were declared by Republican presidents. What are your guy's thoughts on this topic?

Darth_Erebus
Most wars declared by republican Presidents? Let's see, in this century we have

WWI-Wilson, Democrat
WWII, Roosevelt, Democrat
Korea, Truman, Democrat
Bay of pigs, Kennedy, Democrat
(won't even mention the Cuban Missle crisis, admittedly it doesn't really apply here)
Vietnam, Kennedy/Johnson, Democrats
Grenada (if it even counts)Reagan, Republican
Panama, Bush Sr, Republican
Desert Storm, Bush Sr, Republican
Somalia, Clinton, Democrat
Haiti, Clinton, Democrat
Bosnia, Clinton, Democrat
Afghanistan, Bush Jr, Republican
Iraq, Bush Jr, Republican

Don't give me that crap about us being attacked in WWII first either. There's a lot of evidence suggesting Roosevelt knew about Pearl Harbor in advance and did nothing because he wanted us in the war.

If you study American history, I mean REALLY study it, not just the official propaganda, the only war we REALLY should have been involved in was the American Revolution. All the other wars were about business and had nothing to do with freedom and democracy. And it's pretty much world history as well.

Darth Jello
actually the united states has been continuously involved in some military conflict or another since 1941. Mostly because there have always been old apocalyptic farts in the pentagon who would be in asylum's if they didn't have rich families.
to paraphrase PNAC cofounder and Iraq war architect Richard Perle "any general who worries about the lives of his troops is a wuss"

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Darth Jello
actually the united states has been continuously involved in some military conflict or another since 1941. Mostly because there have always been old apocalyptic farts in the pentagon who would be in asylum's if they didn't have rich families.
to paraphrase PNAC cofounder and Iraq war architect Richard Perle "any general who worries about the lives of his troops is a wuss"

I would bet you have never met a General. I bet you have never had any military experience.

Darth Jello
i'm colorblind so i can't be in the military, but i've met plenty of generals, both noble and psychotic. I think that Muay Thai can pretty much count as basic training considering the rigerous regime and injuries i've had.

Jedi Priestess
here we go again erm

Darth Jello
i live an hour and a half from colorado springs, i know plenty of veterans. the difference is that veterans seem to have a brain whereas people who are in the academy or are higher up on the chain think war is a ****ing videogame and killing is fun. One of my friends from childhood turned into one of those people and is at westpoint now. another was like that but changed since he got to afganistan and is being shot at constantly.

Shakyamunison
i'm colorblind so i can't be in the military, but i've met plenty of generals, both noble and psychotic. I think that Muay Thai can pretty much count as basic training considering the rigerous regime and injuries i've had.

I in no way meant you any insult. I was thinking after I posted my last post that you might have taken it as a challenge or insult. If that is how you saw it, I am sorry. What I was getting at is that it is more complicated than how you put it. I was in the army for 7 years and I know first hand what it is like. There are good people and bad but most of the generals who were in charge of people care a great deal about those people.

debbiejo
I lived not far from Colorado Springs....Did you know that they have missiles under the ground where live Stock are grazing....just thought I'd through that in.

Deano
Originally posted by Darth_Erebus

WWI-Wilson, Democrat
Korea, Truman, Democrat
(won't even mention the Cuban Missle crisis, admittedly it doesn't really apply here)
Haiti, Clinton, Democrat

Don't give me that crap about us being attacked in WWII first either. There's a lot of evidence suggesting Roosevelt knew about Pearl Harbor in advance and did nothing because he wanted us in the war.

If you study American history, I mean REALLY study it, not just the official propaganda, the only war we REALLY should have been involved in was the American Revolution. All the other wars were about business and had nothing to do with freedom and democracy. And it's pretty much world history as well.

roosevelt did know about it. usa were deliberatly drawn in to help end the war

debbiejo
Originally posted by Deano
roosevelt did know about it. usa were deliberatly drawn in to help end the war True...I thought it had something to do with the sinking of one of our Luxury Liners.

botankus
Originally posted by AdventChild
Have you guys noticed there's been a war every 10-20 yrs in the U.S history?

Every 10-20 years?

Haiti, Clinton, Democrat

I always appreciate threads where a lot of research was done in advance.

WindDancer
Have you guys noticed there's been a war every 10-20 yrs in the U.S history? I thought it was kinda weird and the majority of the wars were declared by Republican presidents. What are your guy's thoughts on this topic?

The title of your thread is deceptive. Here I though this was a discussion on issue of Wars. Instead is about the US going to different wars and republicans involved.

Been there...done that...

soleran30
LOL Grenada what was that like 24-48 hours I mean field combat training exercises last longer and are hardersmile

Fire
Originally posted by debbiejo
True...I thought it had something to do with the sinking of one of our Luxury Liners.

wasn't that WWI (could be wrong)

And I think in the end it was a good thing the US actively joined WWII. Would have been hard to get rid of the japs otherwise.

botankus
Originally posted by soleran30
LOL Grenada what was that like 24-48 hours I mean field combat training exercises last longer and are hardersmile
Don't forget Rocky vs. Drago - that was a war, too. During the Reagan years.

lil bitchiness
War is profit. Hence, USA having so much of it.

Not mentioning the constant fighting in Latin America.

soleran30
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
War is profit. Hence, USA having so much of it.

Not mentioning the constant fighting in Latin America.

USA is Big Brother(as in do what we say or else) of the world.......that War in the middle east is costing TONS and TONS of dollars currently more then the actual budget can "handle"......perhaps a better statement is there's money to be made in war and the Upper Eschalon in the USA are profiting from itsmile

Victor Von Doom
We will glorify war- the world's only hygiene.

jaden101
i'm colorblind

so you wont think my new tshirt is very funny then

http://www.tshirthell.com/shirts/products/a559/a559.gif

KidRock

WWI-Wilson, Democrat
Korea, Truman, Democrat
Haiti, Clinton, Democrat

Ah, gotta love the liberal propoganda. Hug any trees or feed any terrorists lately?

Trickster

Wilson was the most active president in use of American military power. I think he was a democrat...

Imagawa666
War is part of Human nature. Its cased the world to be shaped how we it is. People these days can't comprehend the threat presented by some country's. People should just get on with life and not worry about something thousands of miles away.

RedAlertv2
Originally posted by jaden101
so you wont think my new tshirt is very funny then

http://www.tshirthell.com/shirts/products/a559/a559.gif

laughing laughing out loud laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.