New To X-Men Comics

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

aquaman
Hey I am just about to start reading the X-Men comics and have decided to read the Uncanny X-Men version but I am confused about which comics I am supposed to read, because my friend said that you can't just read Uncanny X-Men but there are other comics as well that you have to read if you are reading it for example Giant-Size X-Men. I would really appreciate it if someone could give me info on which ones to read and in what order. But if you can please keep them X-Men realeted as I am not interested in The Avengers or Fantastic Four for example, even though they are in the same universe. Can someone also please tell me if X-Men (series 2) and Uncanny X-Men are linked at all.

aquaman
For instance I also know that Ultimate X-Men is in another storyline to the Uncanny X-Men and I think the same is with the Exiles.

aquaman
Also does anybody know a site that has issue summaries for X-Men comics.

xmarksthespot
Uncanny and (adjectiveless) X-Men are still ongoing.

Some retro X-titles from the past off the top of my head:
New Mutants
Excalibur
X-Factor
Generation X

There are the Wolverine solo series too.

Which is probably over a thousand comics...
They've all interlinked on occasion over the past 20 odd years I think, but for the most parts their story arcs are self-contained within a particular title.

http://www.uncannyxmen.net/db/issues/

kichiku_beihei
Right now, I think it would be better for you to start with Ultimate X-Men, simply for the fact that you can go out and buy the first issue/volume and read from the beginning. Unlike Uncanny and other X-titles that are out of print which will leave you confused.

botcherby
all ya gotta do is start reading any xmen title... don't worry about continuity most of the time if you needed to know something in the past, they'll mention it... also within several issues you'll know the characters and what they're like

Ultimate Xmen isn't canon to the actual Xmen stories... you can read them, but you'll be reading the ultimate universe which is totally different to the "616" universe as they call it

willRules
Originally posted by botcherby
Ultimate Xmen isn't canon to the actual Xmen stories... you can read them, but you'll be reading the ultimate universe which is totally different to the "616" universe as they call it

yes but Ultimate universe is generally preferred as (like already said) can be collected from the beginning and is much more modern.........

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.