Hermione and Krum, wasn't it a bit weird????

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tired Hiker
Was anyone else bothered by Krum strutting along with Hermione linked to his arm? He looked like he was a thirty year old strutting along with a fourteen year old. I don't know, it just seemed wrong. Also, I thought it was odd how in one scene at the ball, Hermione told Harry and Ron that Krum was off to go get some drinks, then, all the sudden, in the next scene Hermione whines about how Ron ruined her night, then she leaves, and we never see Krum return with the drinks. Maybe a scene was deleted. erm

Luna150
Yea i was confused as to how ron 'ruined everything'. They just kinda left it for US to fill in the gaps...

Raven Guardia
well they were probably figuring that we read the books, so we would know what was left out and how ron 'ruined' everything......I was kinda hoping it would have shown Hermione putting all that magical hairspray in her hair like in the book laughing out loud....The whole Krum thing was actually how I thought it would be when I read the book. But yeah, he looked like an amazon next to her.

Rave X
what was the thing ron did to ruin it for mione? I've red it over five times and I just forgot it...

Emily_depp
Originally posted by Rave X
what was the thing ron did to ruin it for mione? I've red it over five times and I just forgot it...

i was thinking the same

danagrint
he was jealous or something

Julie
"Ron ruining everything" I believe just has to do with the whole being a wet blanket about the dance...Hermione was having a lovely time and Harry and Ron were both being miserable about the whole thing

DarkC
Different director.

~dorkerina~
i thought it was lovely! i like how the dancing was, but it bugged me later that they had to have hermione insult him to make ron look good. she stood up for their relationship in the book. it just bugged me how they had to drag krum down to make ron look better than him. i personally like krum a lot.

hotsauce6548
Yeah, that was kinda weird...

danagrint
I wondered that because what happened to him, did he just leave Hermione there, was he attacked by aliens, or did he drown in the punch bowl

Raven Guardia
Originally posted by Rave X

he gave her a hard time about being w/Krum. And Hermione was like if you would of asked me first blah blah thats basically how it happened in the book if I remember right.

Luna150
Originally posted by Raven Guardia
he gave her a hard time about being w/Krum. And Hermione was like if you would of asked me first blah blah thats basically how it happened in the book if I remember right.

Doesn't explain how he 'ruined everything'

Next Venom_girl
I got the impression that (at least in the movies) she likes Ron (mostly from the tension scenes in Prisoner of Azkaban) so he could have "ruined everything" by not asking her out and not wanting to be left all alone the night of the dance, she agreed to go out with Krum. (Just a theory...)

Frozen kisses
I feel ron ruined everything because........

In the book he was having a dig at hermy for being with Krum..labelled krum the enemy.. And we all know Hermy has true feelings for Ron. so maybe because he gave her such a bad time for going with Krum she couldnt enjoy the evening..But i do feel they deleted scenes,,

hotsauce6548
Originally posted by Luna150
Doesn't explain how he 'ruined everything'

Answer:

Originally posted by Next Venom_girl
I got the impression that (at least in the movies) she likes Ron (mostly from the tension scenes in Prisoner of Azkaban) so he could have "ruined everything" by not asking her out and not wanting to be left all alone the night of the dance, she agreed to go out with Krum. (Just a theory...)
Originally posted by Frozen kisses

In the book he was having a dig at hermy for being with Krum..labelled krum the enemy.. And we all know Hermy has true feelings for Ron. so maybe because he gave her such a bad time for going with Krum she couldnt enjoy the evening..But i do feel they deleted scenes,,

Plus Ron was jealous of Krum. wink

iluvsirius
Originally posted by Frozen kisses

yeap i think thats it

Anoushka
whoa i thought all this was really obvious.laughing out loud

teenagers roll eyes (sarcastic) happy

zombieman
i am in complete agreement, we live in an age of Michael Jacksons and Garry Glitters. Having a thirty year old paired up with a girl who isn't even legal yet, really bothered me. I was also bothered by Hermione's line: "victor is more of a physical person" What the hell? Surely she wasn't insinuating that they had gotten physical!

gshkris7272
Originally posted by zombieman
i am in complete agreement, we live in an age of Michael Jacksons and Garry Glitters. Having a thirty year old paired up with a girl who isn't even legal yet, really bothered me. I was also bothered by Hermione's line: "victor is more of a physical person" What the hell? Surely she wasn't insinuating that they had gotten physical!

yeah that whole physical thing was a little umm how you say creepy and weird. But i assumed she ment like not talking and more like holding hand or something like that? meh..

also about when hermione said you ruined everything,and um if only you ask me out first... < i thought that was so cutesmile! im weird sorry..smile

Anoushka
Originally posted by zombieman
"victor is more of a physical person" What the hell? Surely she wasn't insinuating that they had gotten physical!

that line seriously disturbed me to no end.

but i admit i was rather tickeled by it too,especially when potter got that look on his face after that.hahaha.

rique28
I would disagree she like Ron, maybe in book four she did, but through out the books, I think it is clear that she really likes Harry. Look how she reacts when Harry tells her and ron that he kissed Cho. She spats out all this gossip on Cho. Also she starts calling Voldomort by his name just like Harry. Also she is very excited that Harry was a Prefect but was not excited at all when she found out it was really ron who was a Prefect.

She also gets disappointed that Harry decides not to help make Elf hats.

I think in book 4 Hermione realized that Ron was not the kind of guy she wants to be with. She grows closer to Harry in all the books then she does with Ron.

Well now that I have said my piece on Harry and Hermione, to the real question.

If you look in the background after Hermione leaves after Ron gets her mad, you can see her and Krum talking in the background. So Krum doesn't just not go and get drinks, but its not focused on him.

Tim

P.s. if you still think Hermione likes Ron over Harry, I found on a website that shows all the evidence for why Hermione likes Harry and Harry likes Hermione. If you like to see it, let me know. I do believe it is posted some where on this forum already.

undomiel
i can see why you would think this but i dont think that is the point at all. harry and hermiones friendship is just a pure platonic friendship. i think she cares for harry a lot but only as a friend. although there is some evidence on a harry/hermione relationship there is a whole lot more evidence in a ron/hermione relationship

PinstripePapaya
Originally posted by Tired Hiker
Was anyone else bothered by Krum strutting along with Hermione linked to his arm? He looked like he was a thirty year old strutting along with a fourteen year old. I don't know, it just seemed wrong. Also, I thought it was odd how in one scene at the ball, Hermione told Harry and Ron that Krum was off to go get some drinks, then, all the sudden, in the next scene Hermione whines about how Ron ruined her night, then she leaves, and we never see Krum return with the drinks. Maybe a scene was deleted. erm

it will all be explained in the extended edition smile

weegie
Originally posted by rique28
I would disagree she like Ron, maybe in book four she did, but through out the books, I think it is clear that she really likes Harry. Look how she reacts when Harry tells her and ron that he kissed Cho. She spats out all this gossip on Cho. Also she starts calling Voldomort by his name just like Harry. Also she is very excited that Harry was a Prefect but was not excited at all when she found out it was really ron who was a Prefect.

She also gets disappointed that Harry decides not to help make Elf hats.

I think in book 4 Hermione realized that Ron was not the kind of guy she wants to be with. She grows closer to Harry in all the books then she does with Ron.

Well now that I have said my piece on Harry and Hermione, to the real question.

If you look in the background after Hermione leaves after Ron gets her mad, you can see her and Krum talking in the background. So Krum doesn't just not go and get drinks, but its not focused on him.

Tim

P.s. if you still think Hermione likes Ron over Harry, I found on a website that shows all the evidence for why Hermione likes Harry and Harry likes Hermione. If you like to see it, let me know. I do believe it is posted some where on this forum already.

Have you read book 6? Its hermy/ron not hermy and harry. Surely everyone knows that by now?
Anyway.. Krum is 18 isn't he? It's not that bad! The 'physical' thing is a bit wierd, but it was only a joke. I laughed!
And Ron ruins it by slagging off Krum to her. She was having fun and then ron started moaning to her,and they were kinda fighting towards the end.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.