who should play black panther in a movie?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cherry cola
who should play black panther in a movie?
I think Morris Chestnut would fit as the Wakandan King.

roughrider
This project almost happened in the early 90's - Wesley Snipes was attached. Now, he may be a bit past it. What about Taye Diggs?

I bet Spike Lee will pull some s**t to get the directing gig!

FistOfThe North
That guy who played "Spawn".

Lucid Lui
I dunno, but it definately shouldn't be Wesley Snipes. I would not be able to stomach that...

Piedmon
Wesley Snipes is a good, heroic actor. But he's been Blade already. You can't have EVERY Black hero played by the same guy. tbh, though, I'm not exactly rife with ideas.... I know few actors and even fewer black ones. =(

roughrider
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
That guy who played "Spawn".

That was Michael Jai White.

How about Usher?

hoorayforpeepee
if only lawrence fishburne was still 30

Next Venom_girl
How about Chiwetel Ejiofor? I thought he was great in Dirty Pretty Things.

house
50-cent... lol

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by roughrider
How about Usher?
Black Panther will be dead to me if Usher plays him.

roughrider
Originally posted by hoorayforpeepee
if only lawrence fishburne was still 30

If only Denzel Washington was still 30...

Bet they will come up with a mentor figure who schools T'challa -

Samuel L. Jackson with a big bamboo cane!
(Whack!) "Do it again, motherf**ker! Jump that pit of crocodiles clean this time!"

jacobo0o
samuel jackson

nathan summers
Djimon Hounsou. No one else would be able to play him in my eyes. He was in Amistad as a slave, in Gladiator as Maximus's ( Russell Crowe ) companion in the Gladitorial Arena and played Papa Midnite in Constantine. He's PERFECT.

DarkCrawler
Djimon Hounsou is good, yes.

DrDoom101
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
Black Panther will be dead to me if Usher plays him.

agreed

DrDoom101
Bill Cosby could play him.

roughrider
Originally posted by nathan summers
Djimon Hounsou. No one else would be able to play him in my eyes. He was in Amistad as a slave, in Gladiator as Maximus's ( Russell Crowe ) companion in the Gladitorial Arena and played Papa Midnite in Constantine. He's PERFECT.

Sayyy, this is a good idea. Good work. thumb up

MERCILOUS
Anyone but Wesley Snipes, there should be a rule against actors playing more than 1 superhero, so that way they only get 1 chance to screw a character up. I know that rule would have saved everyone some grief if it was implied before catwoman.

DrDoom101
Originally posted by DrDoom101
Bill Cosby could play him.

Quick Freeze
wayne brady!

Bushwacker
ummm...How about Nelly? That was him in The Longest Yard, right?

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by Bushwacker
ummm...How about Nelly? That was him in The Longest Yard, right?
Didn't The Longest Yard suck noodles? And there's no way Nelly could do justice to Black Panther.

Glimmerone
Michael Jai White(Guy from Spawn) would be excellent. He's a martial arts expert and he's been training in the martial arts for over twenty years, since he was a little kid. He also is very proficient in boxing, and played in the HBO films movie Mike Tyson, which was mostly about Tyson's glory years and early mistakes.

He played in universal soldier, the return and exit wounds, where he showed a little of his agility and martial arts expertise. He's also quite muscular, with a very impressive and balance physique.

Scoobless
Ben Affleck.................. shifty

nathan summers
Djimon Hounsou.

Lighthammer
Snipes could do it, but like ervyone said he already done blade so they should get somebody else, though unlike Mericlous said, he did not screw Blade up, he made it better. They should get maybe Samuel Jackson, bcause Denzel is too much of a dramatic actor that a action actor now, USHer, Ice Cube, LL Cool J, and Willl Smith are all okay actors but ush jj and cube would not fit into that type of [persona, and smith would just be too comedic in the role.

nathan summers
Djimon Gaston Hounsou. He's the best and most logical choice at the moment. First, he's actually African which gives him a better idea of how a Wakanda might act. He's also been a damn decent actor in the last few films he's been in. Especially Amistad, Gladiator, Constatine, The Island. etc. After watching the Island, I'm convinced HE'D be T'Challa. Now Reggie has to make it so. I mean why throw out obscure names? ( Ice Cube? No. Jamie Fox? No. Usher?! Wtf!? USHER!?! No. ) Hell, next someone will say " Hey - What about Danny Glover! He's black! He could play T'Challa! "

Black Rob
2 words: Dave Chappelle

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/10/Dave_Chappelle.jpg

Scoobless
Patrick Stewart.... he's done well as a Marvel character so far

Lighthammer
Hey I just though that maybe Lauerence t Fishhburne could do it.

Knightfall93
He's too old... but I should be Green lantern

Lighthammer
How about Daniel Day Joules

Marcus4600
Micheal Jai White would be good. (would be an irony though. He'd be playing another comic character that was voiced by Keith David)
Taye Diggs could pull it off
Lawrence Fishburne if he slimmed down

willRules
Originally posted by Scoobless

laughing out loud

steverules
I say they should have Michael Caine as black Panther.

redcaped
Very original...not a bad idea. I should be a fan of this guy. Can't wait. eek!

CaptainStoic
Djimon Hounsou from Gladiator was the first guy that poped into my mind. I heard Storm of the X-men is about to marry The Black Panther.

Next Venom_girl
Here's some more info on Chiwetel Ejiofor:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chiwetel_Ejiofor
He also played the villain in Serenity.

vpokdekjyafmidp
OJ Simpson

NoFate007
I don't think they should make a Black Panther film. I think, for characters like that, they should just make an Avengers film or something that combines a lot of them...like how supposedly there's an Iron Fist and Ant-Man movie...seems kind of pointless if you ask me.

nathan summers
Originally posted by NoFate007
I don't think they should make a Black Panther film. I think, for characters like that, they should just make an Avengers film or something that combines a lot of them...like how supposedly there's an Iron Fist and Ant-Man movie...seems kind of pointless if you ask me.

The same could have been said about Blade, but it did fairly well and was popular when it debuted.

NoFate007
I never saw the Blade films - I'm not particularly fond of the character. They did pretty well, which is good, I'm always glad to hear that a comic film did well just so that we don't start getting another Batman & Robin type of ending to comics on the big screen.

But I think they should focus on bigger projects instead of taking any character they can. Wouldn't you guys much rather see an Iron Man film than an Ant-Man one? How about Flash instead of Luke Cage? Green Lantern instead of like, Zatanna? I could even see having (one, just one) Dr. Strange film over having say...Hawkman.

Though, I'd be happier seeing a Black Panther film being marketed than a film about like, Black Widow. I'm getting really tired of the "I'm the badass chick who's got the skill to beat up any guy that comes my way" movie, and so is the general audience. Aeon Flux and Ultraviolet - we still hearing about them? If you are, you're in a tight knit circle my friend lol.

As for actually who should play Black Panther, I don't know. Definitely not Snipes though. He's not on a short list of black actors like Jamie Foxx and Denzel Washington lol. There are a lot of others. Obviously you need someone that looks the part in more than just skin color, cause you don't want Michael Clark Duncan playing Nick Fury or Rick Moranis playing Captain America, lol.

redcaped
This superheroe is not tall, so why not this guy from Dr. Dloitle I think is Eddie Murphy.

roughrider
Eddie Murphy is in his early 40's now, and has never done a true dramatic role. I don't think he's up to this.

redcaped
Panther is not a young fella. This actor has the perfect face and body...seriously.

nathan summers
Djimon Hounsou.

nathan summers
Djimon from The Island.

nathan summers
Djimon Hounsou as Papa Midnite.

nathan summers
Djimon Hounsou...

nathan summers
T'Challa..

roughrider
Originally posted by redcaped
Panther is not a young fella. This actor has the perfect face and body...seriously.

T'Challa is in his late 20's, early 30's. And like I said, Eddie Murphy has never tried a serious role. He always wants to do comedies. Right now, Djimon Hounsou looks the best.

redcaped
Life is a comedy anyway...it was just a suggestion.

Knightfall93
NO! That's almost as bad as Jack Black as Green Lanern!

MuffinmanMike
Originally posted by Scoobless

Shit, I STILL forget he can walk.

Knightfall93
LOL... I have a great idea...

... WHOOPI GOLDBERG!

katie_girl09
Originally posted by roughrider
T'Challa is in his late 20's, early 30's. And like I said, Eddie Murphy has never tried a serious role. He always wants to do comedies. Right now, Djimon Hounsou looks the best.
Him or Morris Chestnut!

CaptainStoic
Morris has the look, but not the voice. Good call Katie. thumb up

Etrigan
Djimon Hounsou...

Yeah, for sure. He was in the Island, wasn't he?

Psyquis52
Djimon Hounsou.

Definately. Amistad was a great movie that was way overrated. That's the first movie I saw him in and everything else he's done has been perfect. He is the Black Panther.

katie_girl09
Originally posted by CaptainStoic
Morris has the look, but not the voice. Good call Katie. thumb up
big grin Thanks!

nathan summers
Originally posted by Etrigan
Yeah, for sure. He was in the Island, wasn't he?

Yes. And Constantine as Papa Midnite.

Grimm22
Jamie Foxx wouldnt be a bad T'Challa.

If he would stop rapping with Kanye West I might actually respect him rolling on floor laughing

K3VIL
The guy who plays Simon Adebisi in "OZ" and also Mr Eko in Lost would be good with some martial arts training, he's well builted, and with the BP suit putted on he'll be scary for any supervillain

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by K3VIL
The guy who plays Simon Adebisi in "OZ" and also Mr Eko in Lost would be good with some martial arts training, he's well builted, and with the BP suit putted on he'll be scary for any supervillain

Mr. Eko is Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje...He'd be good for the role.

Or like who's already been said Djimon Hounsou.

NBT
Guy from Blade.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.