over run animes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kenshinswife
Okay, i have a real serious questions about some of these anime shows. To me some Anime shows are stretched out waayy to long! Some of them have the potential to be really great! (Minus the fact that they become overratted and too commercial) But they get scewed up because the series is too long and you end up loosing intrest in it it just looses it flavor (watred down animes). My prime example is Inuyasha. Dont get me wrong the show is okay but the simple case in point is that it is too long! The real point of the whole series is soon forgotten and the minor points become dominant. I AM NOT TRYING TO BASH THE SHOW i just want to know how you feel.

Zen2nd
Its all about profits. Businesses will try to get as much money as possible from their product.

Hit_and_Miss
I've seen all the inu-yasha movies and all the tv shows... and felt soo let down in the end... I couldn't believe they didn't end it after 167 eps... I watched the last 40 eps just to see it though hoping tha miroku was going to get sango and then pull kagome on the side... (he is the best part of that show)

It lost it about the same time they stop chasing after the jewel shards and spent all there time solving petty storylines or living in filler eps... God only knows how many times Sango broke down over her brother?

A perfect example of a fell thought out series is FMA... not too long and not too short... had a good storyline.. soild plot and interesting twist at the end.. I'm sorry I watched it... I really casts a shadow over alot of other animes...

XxILuvVegetaxX
Originally posted by Zen2nd
Its all about profits. Businesses will try to get as much money as possible from their product.

Yup, its all about the benjamins! lol Its like DB-DBGT they just tried to get as much money off of it as possible, and now more since theyre JUST NOW starting to release the uncut versions

Kenshinswife
I'm glad some peeple agree it is really a shame that they would waste such a good plot by watering it down. It stopped being about the jewel shards and a whole lot of the episodes became exclusive to inuyasha hooking up with kagome....not a bad thing but why so many episodes? Same thing for dragonball z...it was waay streched out by adding gt. that whole series (gt) was basically crap. they wanted to put goku in more series so they put him as a kid? RIDICULOUS.

XxILuvVegetaxX
yes! not to mention that in DBZ it took 543643564536 episodes to get through a fighting scene! Its somewhat frustrating too, cuz they spend so much episodes on Kagome+Inuyasha, but the relationship never really goes anywhere!

Hit_and_Miss
theres two eps I liked on the inu-kagome fling... in 1 she intoduces inu to her best friends.. and the other inu and kagome star in a play for the school..

The Miroku and sango relationship was better cause they actualy agree to hook up once they kill naroko(sm) but miroku was just soo funny when it came to women I actually wanted more eps on that relationship..
the only thing inu and kag did was go red cheeked.. total snooze fest...

Can someone tell me what the series of naruto is like? I'm up to ep 20... I see theres like 200 odd eps..
Are they any good? or is it full of fillers?

XxILuvVegetaxX
Well atleast something good came out of it then. Sango + Miroku was my favorite pairing in that series so im pleased ^_^

LordMortis
anyone ever seen Gantz? It's a 26 eppy series that i'm currently watching. The storyline is great but the last few eppys i seen have been dragging on soooooo long. It seems like 4 eppys real time has lasted half an hour in the anime.

Celestialgirl
I have to admit that yes some animes are too overstreched. Like Inuyasha, DB-DBGT & Sailor Moon. I love to watch Inuyasha but Kagome bugs the heck out of me now (that's just my opinion) so I quit watching it, plus it was too long same thing for sailor moon and DB-DBGT. Now the only reason I'll watch In uyasha every once in awhile is to see the Miroku Sango relationship! I love them as a couple it provides so much comic relief at times too!

leana marie
i hate it when they do that... im so sad because inuyasha was what got me totally hooked on anime but now i dont even like it that much anymore. i want the story to go somewhere!!!! god its so anoying... i hope other animes dont make me lose faith like this, because then i shall be officially put off anime...

so sad because i have nothing else to live for than my fantasy world, and now its falling apart under my feet... soon it shall be farewell cuel world...

Lumenesca
When it comes to story lines that were stretched out way too long and got repetative quick, Pokemon takes the cake.

Faeries_Ascendn
i agree

Gregory
Almost everything by Rumiko Takahashi. Well, that might be an exageration, but Ranma 1/2, InuYasha, Urusei Yatsura ... she takes okay (or even inspired) ideas and then beats them to death with a stick over the course of countless episodes where absolutely nothing happens. I don't mind some (or even a lot) of filler, but there are limits.

Kenshinswife
Originally posted by leana marie
i hate it when they do that... im so sad because inuyasha was what got me totally hooked on anime but now i dont even like it that much anymore. i want the story to go somewhere!!!! god its so anoying... i hope other animes dont make me lose faith like this, because then i shall be officially put off anime...

so sad because i have nothing else to live for than my fantasy world, and now its falling apart under my feet... soon it shall be farewell cuel world...

Same here inuyasha got me hooked on anime also but gah after a while i just became so bored with it because i basically could guess what was going to happen. and about filler episodes there is a limit! You dont want to put so many that the show becomes about something or someone else other than the basic points

XxILuvVegetaxX
Originally posted by Gregory
Almost everything by Rumiko Takahashi. Well, that might be an exageration, but Ranma 1/2, InuYasha, Urusei Yatsura ... she takes okay (or even inspired) ideas and then beats them to death with a stick over the course of countless episodes where absolutely nothing happens. I don't mind some (or even a lot) of filler, but there are limits.

I think Takahashi is a genious! But @ the same time i think she's also greedy, all her shows (those that go pass by 26 episodes) start out good, but then the storyline goes to hell, she just gives in to demand and makes alot of $$$ from this. The only shows ino that haven't gone pass 26 episodes is Mermaid Eater and Saikano (really, really good shows!)

Kenshinswife
she is greedy and personally it makes her shows feel more like a fanfiction brought to life other than a real anime. dont you agree?

XxILuvVegetaxX
yea... that and in addition to what i wuz sayin, she also made a sequel to Saikano (hasnt been dubbed yet), in which an Andriod basically tells how he/she saw their relationship progress....!!!! wtf?! i dont think that was necessary!!!! she is so greedy..rofl!

UberSorcerer
I totaly agree, I calculated by game each series of pokemon shoulg be 60 eps MAX, no fillers, nothing, whole evoline per ep, so we dont get the eps like the first series Hitmonchan one UTTER CRAP, DB-DBGT, crap after androids, yugioh had WAAAYYY to many filler arks, cant [people in big business/japan get FILLERS=BAD, wanna watch inuyasha, but cant be bothered for 4 yeard, or so many dvd's its not funny, another point on pokemon, I am sorry I still like it, MAKE GAME CORRECT!

Kenshinswife
its not a bad thing to like it. I still think inuyasha is okay...but still why so many fillers? and please lets talk about yu-gi-oh! OmG look how long it took just to find out the pharrohs "hidden" past...please give me a break! Look how long the god cards series lasted! And now they have this Yu-gioh gx! What the hell for? It shouldnt be called Yu-Gi-Oh if his mystery was solved they should cut the damn thing off! What the hell?

XxILuvVegetaxX
Yup i still love inuyasha despite the fillers! lol and yea i dont watch Yu-Gi-Oh (i used to watch some here and there) but i dont think GX wasnt necessary, its like weve all been sayin, they want $$$$$$$

Kenshinswife
just because they want money doesnt make it unnessasary, ya know. What the hell does it have to do with Yu-Gi? But tell me why do you think GX was needed.

XxILuvVegetaxX
i said it wasnt. i dont really watch yugioh so i dont really know. i thnk gx has to do w/ battle school or sumtin? idk yea some do go on pretty long, but theres reason why (like RK). But also Some anime that run on too long is because of ppl that just want more money. Good example would be POKEMON!

Kenshinswife
Pokemon has been too long since the third season better yet the second one. it's just too damn long. But the thing about pokemon is pretty simple...catching all the pokemon....the whole series were basically fillers...an anime of fillers..because if you really think about it not to be redudant but, the show wasnt reall about anything except....catching the pokemon. so i suppose its an exception. But why would a writer want to do that...what has happened to passion...what about morales? What you write is your precious why would you want to ruin it? I get the whole "for the money thing but besides that? ya know what i mean?

BunnyCupCakes
Definitely POKEMON. Man, I don't even know what I saw in that show & when it went over 150 pokemon...Oh, it was over. For crying out loud, Pokemon been around since I was in 3rd grade & now I'm in 9th & Ash is still catching freakin' Pokemon. If the show was a bit shorter, I think it would've been better but anyhow.....Yu-Gi-Oh beats that show.

Sometimes too much of something good is bad....

Darth Macabre
I think the whole Dragon thing ruined Yu-Gi-Oh for me. And Pokemon isnt necessarily fillers, its just a show that has not depth at all. In my own atleast.

XxILuvVegetaxX
Originally posted by Kenshinswife
Pokemon has been too long since the third season better yet the second one. it's just too damn long. But the thing about pokemon is pretty simple...catching all the pokemon....the whole series were basically fillers...an anime of fillers..because if you really think about it not to be redudant but, the show wasnt reall about anything except....catching the pokemon. so i suppose its an exception. But why would a writer want to do that...what has happened to passion...what about morales? What you write is your precious why would you want to ruin it? I get the whole "for the money thing but besides that? ya know what i mean?

Yes, but there are some writers out there that dont do it for the money, and just do it cuz they love it it and i think thats the majority of manga and anime. Theres not that many ppl that do it 4 the money i thnk, just a few. big grin

Kenshinswife
yea but it isnt fear. The people who actually do it because they love dont get as much attention as they should. and the ones that are wayy overratted and commercialized get the attention. Making it seem as if they (people who do it for money) are majority of the writers

UberSorcerer
OK, i think I figured it out, Look at the first 12 eps of pokemon, its strait to the point, then it got All "FREINDLY" I dont mind, but the first 12 were better than the rest of th 400 eps

Kenshinswife
the only reason they did that was to capture the veiwer and once they caught their attention with the 12 they gave them crap leaving the people expecting more episodes like the first 12

princegoku
Death macabre, yu gi oh is much better in its manga form

Takiko_4ever
really?!?!
i still find Yu Gi Oh still boring...Yawn!
some other over run animes would be the ones that haves over 200-500
episods!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.