Post HoM power lossess ahead!!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Scoobless
SPOILERS!!!!!

I read that there are going to be continuing power losses throughout the mutant community in the aftermath of HoM.... in upcoming months....Colossus and Cyclops lose their abilities in the midst of a battle resulting in another X-Person ending up in a coma

looks like things are soon to be getting shaken up a lot more

yes

King_Mungi
Where did you get this information? I don't doubt you, but the sooner this House of M aftermath is over the better.

long pig
How ****ing dare you!? I didn't know HoM made people lose their power, I didn't want to be spoiled! You need to use your damn damn hell shit ass head before doing something like this again.

Scoobless
Originally posted by long pig
How ****ing dare you!? I didn't know HoM made people lose their power, I didn't want to be spoiled! You need to use your damn damn hell shit ass head before doing something like this again.

at least the specifics have spoiler tags... stick out tongue

long pig
laughing

asldkasldja this how you do spoilers?

Scoobless
lol.. yup

Piedmon
Whatever, Long Pig. The comic's already out and you weren't going to read it anyway.

And as for the spoilers--I really doubt that will happen. Fans would go ballistic and riot in the shops if Marvel dared to elliminate such prominent characters.

BlaqChaos
Jubilee and Iceman have already lost their powers and the world isn't ending.

Piedmon
Yeah, well, Jubilee isn't exactly a fan-favorite. Iceman's not that popular either. Cyclops, though, is a titular character as well as Colossus.

Besides, they already killed Jean Grey--writing out Cyclops and dumping his ongoing storyline with Emma Frost would be an anticlimax, it'd fail as a story. I think Bendis is a competent enough writer to twig this.

Darth Vicious
This ending surprised me, it caught me offguard. Im looking forward how they play this out.

Scoobless
Originally posted by Piedmon
Whatever, Long Pig. The comic's already out and you weren't going to read it anyway.

And as for the spoilers--I really doubt that will happen. Fans would go ballistic and riot in the shops if Marvel dared to elliminate such prominent characters.

like the rest of the HoM changes... it may not be permanent

long pig
Originally posted by Piedmon

Of course I don't care. I was just busting Scoob's balls.

Blair Wind
Iceman may not be a total fan favorite, but most people respect him as an Orignal Five member....which is what is making most people upset with him and warren losing there powers...and now these two? f*ck it the just left one member left!!!!!!

yer
makes you wonder if beast is next oh and is jean able to be affected by something like this

stormfront13
i'm suprised about colossus, but i am glad cyke is losing his powers. i understand it as well, he has a small fan-base, and many x-readers don't like him. the only negative reason about cyke losing his powers is that beast is the only original left. angel has lost his powers, iceman and cyke as well, and jean is dead. that leaves only beast. makes you wonder what they have planned for him.

Arahan
Cyce isnt exactly the number one hero but he is classic.
And I like his optic blasts.

I have the feeling that Quicksilver will get his powers back after his Mini.
And it would be a good occasion to improve his powers....plz make him faster

stormfront13
has anyone heard the rumor of polaris losing her powers? i have tons of places, and i am not too happy? why are all these popular mutants losing their powers, but they keep around the morlocks like erg and mammomax? does anyone even like erg? and does anyone have proof that husk is powerless also? it seems like a ton of the mutants losing their powers are connected to her in some way.

8bitChris
I like Cyclops. Where would the X-men be without him? No where, disbanded and defeated or dead without his leadership skills.

I wish storm had lost her powers though. She hasn't been a good leader in a long time and hasn't done anything for anyone in a long time.

Now to boot, she abandons the X-men in their time of need and heads off to Limbo in Africa. Hopefully she stays there. Heck, make it a Black Panther and Storm book instead of just a mini.

Good riddence.

stormfront13
Originally posted by 8bitChris
I like Cyclops.

Not storm though. I wish she would lose her powers. She hasn't been a good leader in a long time and hasn't done anything for anyone in a long time.

Now to boot, she abandons the X-men in their time of need and heads off to Limbo in Africa. Hopefully she stays there. Heck, make it a Black Panther and Storm book instead of just a mini.

Good riddence.

they won't have storm lose her powers, it would be a repeat of history. cyke hasn't been a good leader in a long time either, storm has had more victories than he has. her leadership skills have gotten more things done than cyke has recently. he was good in the 90's, but not anymore. she heads to africa to help people survive. what seems more important, helping out an entire nation of people, or go join the x-men who already have enough fire-power to handle themselves. she leaves to also sort out her problems, a good leader can't lead a team when they can't even handle themselves, a mistake cyke has made in the past.

Jimmy Buggs
storm sucks the big one. so does cyke. who cares. I hope this things stay this way. The only person who really needs to loose their mutations is beast. poor guy looks like a tiger monkey

8bitChris
Originally posted by stormfront13
they won't have storm lose her powers, it would be a repeat of history. cyke hasn't been a good leader in a long time either, storm has had more victories than he has. her leadership skills have gotten more things done than cyke has recently. he was good in the 90's, but not anymore. she heads to africa to help people survive. what seems more important, helping out an entire nation of people, or go join the x-men who already have enough fire-power to handle themselves. she leaves to also sort out her problems, a good leader can't lead a team when they can't even handle themselves, a mistake cyke has made in the past.

Wth are you talking about?

Storm hasn't even been leading her own team recently. Read the last issue of Uncanny she was in. Storm plays in a garden all day while Nightcrawler and Bishop take care of business.

Cyclops is the joint that keeps all the X-men together. He is head honcho in charge of all three teams and running a school. X-men would disband without his leadership.

Cyclops has sacrificed everything for the X-men.

What has Storm sacrificed? Being worshiped as a god? Boo-hoo-hoo.

What are these storm victories you are talking about? Making stuff up again?

As much I think it's wrong; one of the factors Storm was off limits to losing her powers is because she is black. Heck Marvel even markets her new mini coming up as staring two of Marvel's most prominent "Black" characters falling in love.

What is currently the best X-book out right now? I can you right now it starts with an "A" and ends in an "stonishing" and to my knowledge Storm hasn't even appeared in it once while Cyclops is an actual part of the cast.

Storm leads the team in Uncanny and everyone admits Uncanny has been garbage for a long time now.

Jimmy Buggs
cyke can be the same leader with or with out "optic blasts" roll eyes (sarcastic)

8bitChris
Yep.

Fianna
What's wrong with Storm..she's one of the more interesting characters around..and certainly a better leader than Scott..

stormfront13
Wth are you talking about?

Storm hasn't even been leading her own team recently. Read the last issue of Uncanny she was in. Storm plays in a garden all day while Nightcrawler and Bishop take care of business.

Cyclops is the joint that keeps all the X-men together. He is head honcho in charge of all three teams and running a school. X-men would disband without his leadership.

Cyclops has sacrificed everything for the X-men.

What has Storm sacrificed? Being worshiped as a god? Boo-hoo-hoo.

What are these storm victories you are talking about? Making stuff up again?

As much I think it's wrong; one of the factors Storm was off limits to losing her powers is because she is black. Heck Marvel even markets her new mini coming up as staring two of Marvel's most prominent "Black" characters falling in love.

What is currently the best X-book out right now? I can you right now it starts with an "A" and ends in an "stonishing" and to my knowledge Storm hasn't even appeared in it once while Cyclops is an actual part of the cast.

Storm leads the team in Uncanny and everyone admits Uncanny has been garbage for a long time now.

when i say recently, i mean over a time-span of years, this is comics after all and the time frame is much different. emma is basically leading x-men right now, so no, cyke is not the joint that groups the x-men. he has taken time off the x-men multiple times, and they were just fine. storm has only taken one break, and it wasn't for 15 years. storm has sacrificed everything as well. what do you think was harder. joining xavier, after both your parents die, and you basically have almost no where to go? or living on your own for all of your life, deserting everything you know, leaving the only person you ever could call mother, and going to a foreign land where you had no idea of the customs and how they live, or what they do. a land where you can hardly understand what everyone is saying? personally, I'd go with storms situation. scott AND EMMA, are what is running the school. and mostly emma, who do you see i8nteract with the school more? emma does, much more than scott. also, storm has priorities too, she created the X.S.E, they are accepted world-wide by governments all over the world. WORLD-WIDE, much bigger than xaviers. she has ties to all worlds governments through this. why must you bring up the black issue? it's not the only reason she is acceptable to fans, it's the fact that she has amazing powers, and she is a strong female. if i remember correctly, she was the first female leader in comics. Astonishing is only good through opinion. many fans don't like the book at all. yes, storm hasn't appeared in astonishing, but what else has she appeared in? black panther, nightcrawler, uncanny, imperfects, her own series, and coming up, another new series. yep, she is such an unpopular character she appears in 5 titles, while cyke only appears in one or two. in extreme alone, her team has
1)Destroyed a mob, toppled a weapons and drug ring.
2)Saved a race of beings and stopped a war
3)She got captured, planned an escape,destroyed a 100 mile long tower, and led her team to stop an interdimensional war.
4)led her team to freedom and stopped Bogan.

Scott has not been successful in much of anything in the last 5 years. He failed at protecting his wife, his school, his team, his students. Last I checked Storm's team saved all London. scott was better in the 90's, but not now.

stormfront13
Originally posted by Fianna
What's wrong with Storm..she's one of the more interesting characters around..and certainly a better leader than Scott..

are you by any chance finnuala?

botcherby
JEEZ people, don't you see the back story? somebody mentioned that the energy from all depowered mutants has "gone" somewhere because it energy is neither created or destoryed.... and seems to me that its gone into the guy in deadly genesis... or at least he plays some part in it.

either way everyone can lose their powers, but soon as the location of all the missing energy is found, everyone gets their powers back. If all this energy is in this new mystery guy in D.G all that'll happen is he gets defeated and the energies inside him are dispersed again and return to the mutants.... or at least the main heroes like Cyke and Colossus (if they do lose their powers) and Iceman.

If not depowered mutants will somehow discover that their powers are dormant, and bollocks like that

my point is, is that there are so many ways for depowered mutants to return, that you shouldn't stress over it and just enjoy everyone without their mutant powers while it lasts, like when the high evolutionary cancelled everyones powers.... and if you remember what happened, the depowered mutants laid a smack down on H.E and they had their powers returned. We are talking about marvel after all wink

if you want ramifications that will last for a longer period of time, you should jump boat and start reading DC or Image

long pig
The guy in DG seemed to have all the powers of the X-men.

That's where the energy most likely went.

8bitChris
when i say recently, i mean over a time-span of years, this is comics after all and the time frame is much different. emma is basically leading x-men right now, so no, cyke is not the joint that groups the x-men. he has taken time off the x-men multiple times, and they were just fine. storm has only taken one break, and it wasn't for 15 years. storm has sacrificed everything as well. what do you think was harder. joining xavier, after both your parents die, and you basically have almost no where to go? or living on your own for all of your life, deserting everything you know, leaving the only person you ever could call mother, and going to a foreign land where you had no idea of the customs and how they live, or what they do. a land where you can hardly understand what everyone is saying? personally, I'd go with storms situation. scott AND EMMA, are what is running the school. and mostly emma, who do you see i8nteract with the school more? emma does, much more than scott. also, storm has priorities too, she created the X.S.E, they are accepted world-wide by governments all over the world. WORLD-WIDE, much bigger than xaviers. she has ties to all worlds governments through this. why must you bring up the black issue? it's not the only reason she is acceptable to fans, it's the fact that she has amazing powers, and she is a strong female. if i remember correctly, she was the first female leader in comics. Astonishing is only good through opinion. many fans don't like the book at all. yes, storm hasn't appeared in astonishing, but what else has she appeared in? black panther, nightcrawler, uncanny, imperfects, her own series, and coming up, another new series. yep, she is such an unpopular character she appears in 5 titles, while cyke only appears in one or two. in extreme alone, her team has

Because you know, Cyclops parents didn't appear to die or anything when Xavier found him. The X.S.E. isn't bigger than the X-men. It's still a small part of the X-men. X-Corp is worldwide, and that was created by Xavier.

Do you even read X-men comics? Emma is not the leader. Whenever a mission is planned Cyke is delagating and calling shots. Not Emma and not Storm when Cyclops is around. Emma just bosses the students around and serves as the resident psychic.

Read Decimation or any X-book if you want evidence of this.

"Astonishing is only good through opinion" (lol) Well the genuine consensus is that Uncanny sucks ass. Or have you been living under a rock?

I didn't say she was accepted by the fans because she was black. It's not an issue. I said that she was safer than a lot of mutants who lost their powers because she was black. One of Marvel's premiere minority characters. You trying to tell me people wouldn't have raised hell if Storm lost her powers? Like when they killed off Northstar everyone threw a hissy fit just because he was gay; and you shouldn't do that to one of the few gay characters. They brought him back pretty quickly :P.

X-Treme X-men not only has the worst name of any comic ever, but it was also one of the worst comics ever. People hated X-treme more than they currently hate Uncanny; and that is saying something. The first arc was OK, but then it all went downhill. All that stuff is peanuts compared to what Cyke has led the team through. (*cough saving the Universe cough*)

You really expected Scott to protect the school by himself didn't you? Storm didn't save it either. How selective. What was Scott supposed to do against Wanda? At least he was trying to make a difference while all Storm did was put on a fashion show during HoM. His team? The Astonishing X-men are still in tact. And for the record, no one could have saved Jean.

Last I checked, you have no idea what you're talking about. Storm's team did not save London. That was New Excalibur. Yeah, it happend in Uncanny, but Storm wasn't any part of any team that saved London so why bring this into it? Did you read it? Juggernaught, Nocturne, Captain Britain, Psylocke, Meggan and Rachel sure doesn't sound like the X.S.E. to me....but maybe i'm crazy.

I don't remember Storm having her own series either. Just a couple of minis.

8bitChris
And for the crem de la creme...How important is Cyclops to the X-men let alone the world?

See the Paradise X storyline. The whole world and X-men would have been messed up if Cyclops wasn't nudged by Jean to go with Emma and stay with the X-men. When Cyclops left the X-men everything was screwed.

SF. Go read the storyline, because without Storm the X-men could easily get by. They are going to do it right now since Storm left them anyway.

xmarksthespot
One of the reasons Emma runs the school is probably because she's a university qualified teacher and administrator, with experience managing educational institutions. She does co-lead the team with Scott, but she does defers on most leadership matters to Scott's seniority. E.g. Scott decided who would go on which team, not Emma.

"A land where you can hardly understand what everyone is saying." huh Storm spoke fluent English when Xavier recruited her, I don't recall seeing her speak in any African dialect.

"Astonishing is only good through opinion." lol, Ever think perhaps the basis of the opinion that it's good... is that it is good? What, opinion of Uncanny is that it's poor, but it's actually really good and isn't utter tripe...?

Aside from Xavier, Cyclops is the thread that binds the X-Men. Storm being taken out of the picture would never have as much impact upon the dynamics of the group.

Piedmon
I think they've taken as much as they're going to from the original five X-Men. We've already lost Jean Grey and Iceman, so I bet Cyclops, Beast and Angel will remain superpowered.

Lucid Lui
Angel's already confirmed as getting de-powered i believe...

Piedmon
Err. Quiet you.

xmarksthespot

stormfront13
Because you know, Cyclops parents didn't appear to die or anything when Xavier found him. The X.S.E. isn't bigger than the X-men. It's still a small part of the X-men. X-Corp is worldwide, and that was created by Xavier. Do you even read X-men comics? Emma is not the leader. Whenever a mission is planned Cyke is delagating and calling shots. Not Emma and not Storm when Cyclops is around. Emma just bosses the students around and serves as the resident psychic. ead Decimation or any X-book if you want evidence of this. "Astonishing is only good through opinion" (lol) Well the genuine consensus is that Uncanny sucks ass. Or have you been living under a rock? I didn't say she was accepted by the fans because she was black. It's not an issue. I said that she was safer than a lot of mutants who lost their powers because she was black. One of Marvel's premiere minority characters. You trying to tell me people wouldn't have raised hell if Storm lost her powers? Like when they killed off Northstar everyone threw a hissy fit just because he was gay; and you shouldn't do that to one of the few gay characters. They brought him back pretty quickly :P.
X-Treme X-men not only has the worst name of any comic ever, but it was also one of the worst comics ever. People hated X-treme more than they currently hate Uncanny; and that is saying something. The first arc was OK, but then it all went downhill. All that stuff is peanuts compared to what Cyke has led the team through. (*cough saving the Universe cough*)You really expected Scott to protect the school by himself didn't you? Storm didn't save it either. How selective. What was Scott supposed to do against Wanda? At least he was trying to make a difference while all Storm did was put on a fashion show during HoM. His team? The Astonishing X-men are still in tact. And for the record, no one could have saved Jean.Last I checked, you have no idea what you're talking about. Storm's team did not save London. That was New Excalibur. Yeah, it happend in Uncanny, but Storm wasn't any part of any team that saved London so why bring this into it? Did you read it? Juggernaught, Nocturne, Captain Britain, Psylocke, Meggan and Rachel sure doesn't sound like the X.S.E. to me....but maybe i'm crazy. I don't remember Storm having her own series either. Just a couple of minis.

X.S.E is world-wide, and accepted by most governments, and who set this up all by herself? storm. yes, x.s.e is bigger than x-men. x-men are bigger to the public if that is what you meant, but x.s.e is government founded and has the support of the government. emma does more leading with the school, and does an equal amount with the team, and is a co-leader in adjectivless. also, in HOM emma is called leader of the x-men. why are you bringing uncanny in this? whether a comic is good or not is all based on a persons opinion. i personally think both uncanny and astonishing are bad books. most of the characters that still have powers are the ones that are popular and accepted by fans. saying storm didn't lose powers because she is black is ignorance on your part, and also has to deal with what i explained. they would have raised heell, because she is a popular character, and it would have been repeated history. saying she didn't lose her powers because she is black is a pathetic excuse on your part. your twisting the meaning around, yes extreme was bad book, but it shows storms leadership skills. saving the universe? what did he save the universe from? your also forgetting storm came up with the plan dimensions. scott doesn;t have to protect the school by himself, but he's doing a bad job at it. Drugs, riots, teenage pregnancy have all happened while he was headmaster. doesn't sound that good to me. HOM is a bad example. storm was being controlled by wanda, and had no control over what she was doing. scott had the same thing happen to him, but he was much easier to reach that storm who was in Africa fighting Apocalypse and basically singlehandedly taking Africa out of its depression and making it the top economic country. uncanny team is still intact also, with either nightcrawler or Bishop taking over the role as leader. storms team stopped the hellfire club which had a plan to take over London or something like that(if i remember correctly, maybe I;m thinking of another story-line). remember pierce and Selene? series, mini, either makes my point. either way she appears in waaaay more than scott does.

according to Len Win(storms creator) she spoke small English. either it was much harder for storm to join that scott, she has sacrificed more than he has for the x-men. once again if a book is good or not depends on the person reading it. i personally think both books are bad. if cyke left the x-men, it would be the same. if storm left the x-men, it would be the same. the x-men would not stop all together if one member left.

like I said, they both are very different leaders, but Storm has done much more in the last 5 years than Scott.

8bitChris
Storm made Africa into a top economic "country" huh? Even if we were talking about the continent, it's still as poor as ever in the Marvel U. Wakanda is the only hugely successful country on the continent and Storm had nothing to do with that.

Whether you like it or not, race is a sensitive enough issue that Storm will always be safe from losing her powers. Repeating history doesn't have anything to do with it. Who said it was illegal? Nobody.
If more than 98% of the worlds' mutant population lost powers than Storm should have been as game as anyone. Heck, she is one of the more expendable X-men. They already got enough leaders.

I'm not the one being ignorant one here. You are being extremely ignorant if you think there is no present race issue pervading through all facets of the media and our culture in general. I'm sure it's nice to believe that we're all one big happy family, but that's not the case. I stand by my opinion that Storm was a lot safer than other mutant characters because of her skin color. I'm not saying that its fair; it is just how it is.

Nobody called Emma the "sole leader" of the X-men in HoM. The attack plan? Yeah, Cyclops made it up. That's right, Cyclops was leading both X-men and Avengers. "Split up into three teams" blah blah..

SF, you're speaking gibberish and talking about a million things Cyclops has no power over. You're saying the school functions just like almost any normal school across the country? Ok, that works.

Saving the Universe...You didn't read the Dark Phoenix Saga? I didn't say he saved the universe personally, i'm saying he lead a team that did.

Fact of the matter is, Storm hasn't done jack for anyone but herself in a long time. That's why she wants to goto Africa the "country".

When you respond SF, I want you to address the issue of Paradise X which you largely ignored. It is comic book fact that the X-men would have disbanded without Cyclops keeping the school together. The only thing that saved them was the Phoenix going back in time and making Cyclops stay with the school and Emma.

Many people might not have Cyclops as their favorite character, but almost everyone will agree that Cyclops is written with 5 times as much leadership capability as Storm. Tactically, Storm is not even on Cyclops chart. Storm is also written to be more emotional, and emotions often conflict with decisions.

I keep hoping you'll actually mention something of merit SF; and i'm trying hard not to call you an idiot like so many other people on this forum tend to. (Save the Storm fans)

8bitChris
What has Storm done in the last 5 years? Nothing.

Created dissent with the X-men and took a large faction of the members out on some useless trip through Europe where they didn't even finish what they sent out to accomplish.

Then Storm finnally made a good decision and brought her team back to the mansion.

What has the X.S.E. done lately? Nothing.

They went to the savage land to save Wolverine and didn't even save Wolverine (big plothole they just ignored). And got Rachel turned into a dinosaur for a little bit.

Havok's team has been doing more than Storm's team.

Who's leading the X.S.E. now? In their most recent appearance in Uncanny it was said that Nightcrawler and Bishop are because Storm just gardens. She even left the team.

Creshosk
What has Storm done in the last 5 years? Nothing.

Created dissent with the X-men and took a large faction of the members out on some useless trip through Europe where they didn't even finish what they sent out to accomplish.

Then Storm finnally made a good decision and brought her team back to the mansion.

What has the X.S.E. done lately? Nothing.

They went to the savage land to save Wolverine and didn't even save Wolverine (big plothole they just ignored). And got Rachel turned into a dinosaur for a little bit.

Havok's team has been doing more than Storm's team.

Who's leading the X.S.E. now? In their most recent appearance in Uncanny it was said that Nightcrawler and Bishop are because Storm just gardens. She even left the team. And Wolverine has been doing more than any of them. . .Of course Scott assigned him to be on each team. . . shifty

Anyway ignore me, just an oppertunity to allude back to that flash cartoon. smile

stormfront13
Storm made Africa into a top economic "country" huh? Even if we were talking about the continent, it's still as poor as ever in the Marvel U. Wakanda is the only hugely successful country on the continent and Storm had nothing to do with that.

oh, i put country, my bad. anyway, if it was wakanda alone, then why is Africa still poor in the marvel universe? why are people still starving? why are people not getting what they need? admit it, we both know that it wasn't only wakanda or else africa would have been the same as it was even before HOM.

no it's not, storms core character plays a huge part in what makes her safe. yes, race may play a small part, but it's not the only thing like you make it out to be. yes, repeated history does have a factor, because we know what would happen. she would lead the team for a while, figure she needs time off to find herself, maybe get another love interest. we know, because it has already happens. it would be boring, to see her go through this again. storm is in the same game as everyone, but she is a very popular character. being a leader is not about it. storm is one of the most popular if not the most popular x-woman right now. she was voted most popular in wizard to people who do read comics, and voted most recognizable to people who don't read comics. the reason that storm didn't have her powers taken away imo is that she is a strong female, she was the x-mens first female leader, she was comics first female leader, she is very popular, her powers are unique.

you are trying to make it out as the only reason that storm still has her powers is because she is black, which is not the case. as i have said, it plays a small part, but the reason she has fans is because of her core character. people don't go "omg, she's black, now i like her no matter what". no one is like that.

wolverine called her the leader of the x-men

cyke was the most qualified and expierenced as a leader. no one is saying he is a bad leader, and no one is saying that storm is overall better than cyke. i think your just missinterpreting what i'm trying to say.

i did, but did you? he lead the team yes, but to do what? fight the shiar? jean was what saved the universe, not cykes team.

storm hasn't done anything for anyone? did you even read extreme x-men? my guess is you didn't considering you thought it was the worst comic ever. in extreme alone her team
1)Destroyed a mob, toppled a weapons and drug ring.
2)Saved a race of beings and stopped a war
3) planned an escape,destroyed a 100 mile long tower, and led her team to stop an interdimensional war.
4)led her team to freedom and stopped Bogan.

she stopped two wars, one being interdimensional, and saved an entire race of beings. that alone is more than what cyke has done in the past five or so years.

paradise X is nothing but a diofferent time-line. cyke has left the x-men before and they got on just fine.

cyke nad storm have different ways of leading, both being very affective. yes, tactically cyke is above storm, we both agree on that. when deciding who is a better leader, i go by A)victories, B)ability to motivate and inspire your team, and C) their role on the mission. in the past 5 years, storm has had more victories, has always been able to motivate her team better. and it was storm who came up with the plans that saved an entire race, and stopped two wars.

have you even been reading my posts? obviously not. if your not going to read what i ave to say when i'm debating you, then why are you here?

they went to find destiy's diaries because they were to valuebal to fall into the wrong hands. halfway through the mission, they decided that the diaries were to powerful for anyone to have. good choice seeing as a few people who have read the diaries have gone mad from the information.

yeah, pretty much nothing, you got that, but you must remember, the members of X.S.E are not together anymore, some are at thge mansion, and some on are uncanny, and some just all together quit the x-men. but none of this was storms fault, she can't control a persons actions.

recently? yes, we agree there, but the adjectivless comic moves at a faster pace that the uncanny comic.

once again, you twist the story around. storm went to sort out her problems, and save countless lives with her powers. i'd like to see cyke accomplish this.

and with you bringing up astonishing, in recent issues, emma doesn't listen to his leadership and leaves her post exposing his problem, he came up w/ no plan to take down the mega sentinel, he came up w/ no plan to defeat Danger. the man had nothing. That's what his leadership boiled down to. But it was Storm's leadership which came up w/ a plan to save London. That was all her and her team. even in decimation, who predicted sentinals would come after mutants if the all met in one spot? storm, cyke led all the mutants to a trap. yes, some great leadership skills there.

also, it depends on the writer as to who is a better leader, cyke was better in the ninties, but now, he has nothing, and storm is the better leader.

8bitChris
oh, i put country, my bad. anyway, if it was wakanda alone, then why is Africa still poor in the marvel universe? why are people still starving? why are people not getting what they need? admit it, we both know that it wasn't only wakanda or else africa would have been the same as it was even before HOM.

Why are you asking these questions? People are starving Marvel U Africa just like they starve in the real world. You want a check up on them? Read the X-men/Black Panther Crossover. Not too many prosperous Africans there. If you paid any attention to Marvel continuity at all you would know that Wakanda is one of the most successful nations on Marvel Earth and the same can't be said for the rest of Africa. Wakanda keeps pretty much everything to itself, that's how it developed and that is what works for them.

I didn't say Storm wasn't popular. I said it would be ignorant to think that race didn't play a factor in Storm keeping her powers. I didn't say it was the only reason, but it might as well have been for all the nothing Storm has been doing. Honestly, I can understand why people would get upset over Storm losing her powers. That doesn't mean I think it's fair to all the other characters.

That was not my intention at all. And I never said people only liked her because she was black.

I said "sole" leader. Is there allowed to be more than one? Obviously Cyclops has been shown making way more executive decisions in the comics than Emma. Did Wolverine say Emma was the "only" leader of the X-men? No.

I'm not missinterpreting anything. I'm just saying that Storm doesn't mean as much to the X-men than Cyclops.

You'd be a fool to not realize that Scott is was one of Jean's main motivating factors.

Storm stopped them? Or the X-Treme X-men stopped them? Are you really counting all the time Cyclops was dead too? Why do you only the last five or so years? Because in the long run all that Cyclops has done for the X-men makes Storm's accomplishments look like peanuts? At any rate, it's probably only some months comic time.

No. You're wrong. PARADISE X ACTUALLY HAPPENED. I'll say it again, it happend. It happend because Cyclops left the X-men. How was it fixed? Phoenix went back in time and fixed it. Read the story arc right after Jean Grey was killed by Xorneto and Cyclops left the X-men. It's continuity, it counts. Without Cyclops the X-men are screwed. Without Storm? Just fine and dandy. The X-men only got along the first time because Professor Xavier was still running the show.

That's all personal opinion. How can anyone judge "ability to motivate and inspire your team"? In the long run, Cyclops has more victories and since you agree he is better tactically then you must also agree that his presense leading a mission is much more valuble than Storm's. So going by what made sense of your system, Cyclops is the better leader.

I have been reading your posts. They just arn't coherent enough to get across whatever points you are trying to make. Fact of the matter is, if anyone is ignoring points it's you. *cough Paradise X Ihadtoaskyoutoreplytoitcough*

Yeah they did a bang up job with that too. Quitting the X-men to find something and then wasting a bunch of time and getting numerous members killed/almost killed(Gambit) for some diaries they decided they didn't want in the first place. Storm created a havoc within the team that they still havn't recovered from. Poor leadership. She made a bad decision, realized it was a bad decision and returned to the team.

Sage is the only one that quit that i'm aware of. The rest of her team is still at the mansion. You said Storm was a great motivating leader though...too bad she can't even keep her team together...

Save countless lives? You don't think Cyclops has saved countless lives? You do realize there were 90 some odd comics writtin with Cyclops saving lives before Storm even got started right? As for Storm saving countless lives in Africa, she hasn't done anything yet. Cyclops accomplishes that in his sleep. She's just going to Africa to do it with T'Challa.

How are you going to blame Emma betraying the X-men and still being in league with the Hellfire club on Cyclops leading? I don't think you've read that issue either. That's ludicrous. It's like blaming Storm for Wolverine going on a rampage and killing Northstar.

There is no trap. Nobody set up a trap.

Getting all together in one place is a defensive manuver. How can you protect a mutant in California when you are based in Westchester? Cyclops made the best decision. I sure am glad you arn't leading the X-men. Cyclops didn't force any mutants to come either. He simply made the institute a refuge where mutants could "choose" to go if they wanted. What place is safer in the world for them right now?

When did Storm save London? I can't find any issue numbers.

Cyclops is the joint that keeps the X-men together. That speaks of his leadership ability compared to Storm's. Without Cyclops, there is no X-men. Paradise X is proof of that. If Storm were a better leader, she would be in charge of the X-men. But she's not, and she abandoned her team. I'm sorry your such a fanboy; but you need to take the blinders off.

xmarksthespot
and with you bringing up astonishing, in recent issues, emma doesn't listen to his leadership and leaves her post exposing his problem, he came up w/ no plan to take down the mega sentinel, he came up w/ no plan to defeat Danger. the man had nothing. That's what his leadership boiled down to.I don't think you've read the issue or the series very well, if at all, either. There is ambiguity as to Emma's motives, all/most of the people that appear on the last page are dead, and for some reason they've gathered on Genosha - I'd wager that Emma is going psychotic, and these are figments of her imagination. Her wandering off in a trance has nothing to do with his ability to lead.

You expect Cyclops to come up with a plan to defeat the Mega-Sentinel in mere minutes/seconds, when Storm took an entire team on a jaunt for months, with no real coherent plan, a death and numerous near-deaths, while never accomplishing any actual intended goals...

Scoobless
Originally posted by Scoobless
SPOILERS!!!!!

I read that there are going to be continuing power losses throughout the mutant community in the aftermath of HoM.... in upcoming months....Colossus and Cyclops lose their abilities in the midst of a battle resulting in another X-Person ending up in a coma

looks like things are soon to be getting shaken up a lot more

yes

It could still happen....

no expression

shifty

Accel
Fingers crossed of course.

Sub_Mariner
z0mg really? stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.