superboy vs quicksilver in a race

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jesserw21
who wins?

Draco69
No idea. I'm unsure of Superboy's speed. I know he's certainly capable of faster than sound speed. But I'm unsure if he's faster than Quicksilver.

But than again Quicksilver IS powerless....

spetznaz
Originally posted by jesserw21
who wins?

I'm assuming you are talking about current Superboy (Kon El) and not the pre-crisis one who could drag planets (connected with a chain of all things) and flit about at super-light speeds.

Anyways, good question.
The only thing I might base this on was a race between DC's Impulse and current Superboy .....where Impulse beat Superboy with total ease (not even a competition).
However note that Impulse is connected to the Speed Force, and thus far faster than QuickSilver could ever DREAM of becoming. Hence it is not really a good comparison. Thus Impulse beating Superboy means nothing since Impulse could beat QuickSilver just as easily (and running backwards).

The other things that the current Superboy has done is outflying a mach-3 jet. Hence that is at least a benchmark. Again, this is not even close to what Superman can do, but then again Kon-El is not Kal-El (and may never be when it comes to things like speed, or even the variety of powers, although when it comes to strength Superboy has huge potential due to his tactile TK ....and who knows, as he matures there is a chance more of his partial-Kryptonian heritage may kick in).

Anyways, using the jet thing it shows he can at least go above mach 3, which is quite fast (but in DC lore Mach 3 DOES NOT even qualify one as a 'speedster.')

Marvel generally has far slower 'speedsters' (eg only a few Marvelites would ever be considered speedsters in DC, maybe Aurora and SilverSurfer can ....but definitely not QuickSilver .....not even close).

But is QuickSilver fast enough to beat the current Superboy?
Well, I know before his speed (QS) was only around 300-600mph, but with the Isotope-E upgrade he can reach mach speeds. Some on KMC have said Mach 10, but I have yet to see anything that claims that (objectively ...all I have seen, officially, is that the upgrade upped QS's powers of speed). Same thing for Superboy ....flying faster than a mach 3 jet means only that he is faster than a mach 3 jet ....it doesn't mean his top speed is mach 3 (in the same way a Ferrari 430 speeding past a dude going 20mph on a bicycle only means that the Ferrari is faster than a dude going 20mph on a bicycle, NOT that the Ferrari's top speed is 20mph). Thus even Superboys top-speed is questionable.

However I might be willing to say that QS can indeed beat current Superboy (if that mach 10 claim is true), but I wouldn't bet too much on it since next month you might see Superboy go many-times hypersonic over China.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.