Should Goldie Lookin Chain be taken seriously or as a joke...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

exanda kane
Well, someone must like them other than me. But I like them strictly for the comic value...

And does anybody think they can be viewed as a serious act or still as a joke..?

Deathblow
I think they themselves know they're a joke.

Most of my friends find them really funny cos they're Welsh, but not being from around here I don't really understand why that can make it more funny, but that R&B song they just realised is pretty good (comedy-wise only). It's just so true.

eggmayo
Originally posted by Deathblow
I think they themselves know they're a joke.

Most of my friends find them really funny cos they're Welsh, but not being from around here I don't really understand why that can make it more funny, but that R&B song they just realised is pretty good (comedy-wise only). It's just so true.
Just in general, welsh people are funny. No idea why. Guess its an England thing..

Flying High
i find them amusing.....i love welsh accents...they just amuse me somehow....

and yes...they are comical....no serious....

exanda kane
But after a 2nd Album and still no death threats - could they be taken as a serious act...

papabeard
sometimes both

cool_dudes_rule
i think there alright and i dont really like RnB but i like them.

papabeard
The Serge Gainbourge backing track on Your Mrs Is A Nutter was tremendous

Alpha Centauri
Quite a travesty where this group of complete mugs come out and just because they say "Hahaha yeah we're a joke", they get people saying "No, you're seriously a good group."

Yet when The Darkness come out, boasting two of the greatest British musicians of recent years, people don't like them just because they won't lay down and say "Haha yeah we're a joke". Despite them being worlds more talented than a wealth of British bands.

-AC

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.