How good of an actor is Daniel?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Saratn
Personally if the kid can't cry good without smiling, then he ain't so good of an actor. it's called an acting class where you get taught how to use your emottions...to take something tragic from your past, and pretend it is that, having that image clear in your mind...

Julie
Well, if he's already got the roles it doesn't matter if he can act....heck he don't even have to have a pretty face at this point.

Saratn
actually it matters a lot

Julie
why?

danagrint
he's pretty good, in some points

Saratn
being an actor isn't all about being in the other movies. the point is that you need to act whenever you need to act. basically if your supposed to cry, you really need to cry. when your supposed to be angry, you really need to be angry. He doesn't do good with the crying in the movies so much. He has improved with his crying abilities a little, but not so much. His crying was really fake in the POA, and for GOF he was smiling. He might want to practice a lot more on that.
He is weak in some other spots that have been improving lately. He needs to put more emottion into what he says. I found it boring generally when daniel/Harry talked. I was more excited with Emma/Hermione and Rupert/Ron. They have good qualities of being actors/actresses, especially when they started so young.

harrysahottie
To be honest I think Daniel has improved a lot since the 1st film. I think its fair to say that he got the role based on the fact that he looks right for it. But I think he did pretty well in GoF. I did actually think though that it really wasn't Emma's best performance. Opinions are opinions though and everyone is welcome to their own, I just thought I'd share that. I actually thought he handled the Cedric's death scenes pretty well, better than I would have expected of him, granted he's not the best actor but i've seen a hell of a lot worse.

harrysahottie
ooo and also, alot of it comes down to direction, a good director should have gone thru motivation etc with him and helped him to deliver his lines in the right way, if theres a lack of emotion theres a lack of direction. True other characters had emotion in abundance but then not everyone needs the same level of direction

Saratn
eeerrrrmmmm.....looks have nothing to do with someone getting the part...well not entirely...

Luna150
Originally posted by Saratn
eeerrrrmmmm.....looks have nothing to do with someone getting the part...well not entirely...

Actually looks are the reason he got the part. It was hardly on acting skills. The main reason i hated the 1st film so much was because he was such a terrible actor. I think the 'He is young' excuse is very poor. There are plenty of exellent actors alot younger then him.

In GOF he was good in some parts but other parts made me cringe with embarrasement for him.

And there are other acting techniques besides emotinal memory so don't assume that is what all good actors do.

Saratn
well then, they got some issues taking someone because of his looks. i don't think he's that good of an actor at all.

harrysahottie
Thats what the acting business is like though, lets face it you would have been outraged if he was blond and fat eh? he had to look like the discription of harry that was in the book. perhaps they liked his lack of experiece, maybe they feel it give him an innocence but you cannot deny that a very large portion of the reason he was cast was his looks. and luna150 is right, there are many different techniques that actors can employ, emotional recall is only one. At the end of the day though my thoughts on this are that he is definately improving but i dont no that i see a future in acting for him beyond harry potter.

Prince Nauj
daniel did improve a lot since the last three but still when he talks his mouth bothers me

hotsauce6548
I thought he was decent for his age. smile

Vladimir
people plz! Daniel is not even suppose to be in da movie, he is not even an actor! his father is da producer of da film wut else do u expect, they will cast someone else rather than da son of the producer? WHY? Exactly, u know how many good actors are out there dat could have done potters role better den den? A THOUSAND! I dont like his actin because its too obvious! HE CANT CRY! i mean an actor should be able to cry. The scene in POS where he is in da snow and he starts cryin cuz he finds out dat Sirius is da reason his parents are dead, he messes it all up! i think they should have casted someone else from da very beggining. once i found out it was da producers son, i knew it was gonna suck. I like da second movie though, its da best out of all. I havent seen da new one so i cant judge dat, i read first 3 books, and my favorite was # 3, but they messed it up in da movie, so i hated da 3rd movie.!

hotsauce6548
Originally posted by Vladimir
people plz! Daniel is not even suppose to be in da movie, he is not even an actor! his father is da producer of da film wut else do u expect, they will cast someone else rather than da son of the producer? WHY? Exactly, u know how many good actors are out there dat could have done potters role better den den? A THOUSAND! I dont like his actin because its too obvious! HE CANT CRY! i mean an actor should be able to cry. The scene in POS where he is in da snow and he starts cryin cuz he finds out dat Sirius is da reason his parents are dead, he messes it all up! i think they should have casted someone else from da very beggining. once i found out it was da producers son, i knew it was gonna suck. I like da second movie though, its da best out of all. I havent seen da new one so i cant judge dat, i read first 3 books, and my favorite was # 3, but they messed it up in da movie, so i hated da 3rd movie.!

Don't worry. I'm a doctor, so I see this a lot.

Dictionaries can help with spelling, but so can Spell Checks on computers.

Good luck. happy

The Phantom
Personally if the kid can't cry good without smiling, then he ain't so good of an actor. it's called an acting class where you get taught how to use your emottions...to take something tragic from your past, and pretend it is that, having that image clear in your mind... I hate to say it, but I agree. I can cry without smiling and I never took a acting class in my life, and I'm a actor! In fact, give me a british accent, and I'd give Harry the character he is suppose to have...

Saratn
and you would do loads better than him, and i'm quite sure of that

harrysahottie
Originally posted by Vladimir
people plz! Daniel is not even suppose to be in da movie, he is not even an actor! his father is da producer of da film wut else do u expect, they will cast someone else rather than da son of the producer? WHY?

I think you'll find you are horribly mistaken there. Dan's dad is called Alan Radcliffe, not Mark, who granted is an exectuive producer but may i add is of no relation to harry what so ever. check your facts before you make accusations like that!

and also, i think you'll find that he's appeared in more than just harry potter. he played the young david copperfield in the tv programme in 1999 and also starred alongside jamie lee curtis in the tailor of panama. Still not saying he's the best actor in the world but give him credit where credits due, he's done several professional jobs and therefore qualifies as an actor. do i detect a hint of jealousy somewhere perhaps?

FistOfThe North
I think Radcliff sucks at acting personally. He lacks confidence. He just looks the part, thats all. Other than that, acting-wise, Radcliff blows harder than a big old sick fat man's, pimpled and warted arse, loudly passing gas for 1 minute straight, while sitting down after eating 3 deep fried Jumbo chilli cheese dogs with oily fried eggs, beans with extra tabasco sause, salt and vinager chips and a half gallon of tap water lemonade with a half gallon of peanut butter pumpkin and raisen ice cream cake with chocolate apple pudding filling for dessert to go with it.

If you smell the results, that's how bad Radcliff is at acting. If daddy wasn't the producer, Radcliff would've been non-existant in the Potter films.

harrysahottie
look up! his dad is not the producer, guys seriously how many times, i agree hes not the greatest but this thread is getting nasty and theres no need for that.

Barker
Originally posted by hotsauce6548
Don't worry. I'm a doctor, so I see this a lot.

Dictionaries can help with spelling, but so can Spell Checks on computers.

Good luck. happy
hysterical
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
Radcliff blows harder than a big old sick fat man's, pimpled and warted arse, loudly passing gas for 1 minute straight, while sitting down after eating 3 deep fried Jumbo chilli cheese dogs with oily fried eggs, beans with extra tabasco sause, salt and vinager chips and a half gallon of tap water lemonade with a half gallon of peanut butter pumpkin and raisen ice cream cake with chocolate apple pudding filling for dessert to go with it.
......Uh.........Thanks...............We All Needed That.........no expression

Radcliffe Is 'Ok', But Yeah, His Crying Bit After Cedric Died Was....."Eh".

I Just Hate His Rambid Girl Fans. Not Him. smile

Luna150
Originally posted by harrysahottie
I he's done several professional jobs and therefore qualifies as an actor. do i detect a hint of jealousy somewhere perhaps?

Jealous? No... i think Emma and Rupert are really good actors but Dan
brings them down. He was good in David copperfield but all he had to do was look cute and pathetic. He is an actor...just not a very good one.

noelluvspotter
I think that he is one of the best actors ever and i am not saying that because i am madly in love with him but because he truly is a good actor or i would totally hate him i like actors if they are real good not if they are cute but i most say he is really cute.

iluvsirius
well i think that through the transition of the first and 4th movie he has improved A LOOOOOOT!!! at first to me he didnt act that gud but when i saw the 4th movie i was like WOW i even cried when he didnt want to let go of cedrics body!! THAT WAS INTENSE!! so he really has improved!

Juwanna
his crying makes you want to cry, but other than that hes not that bad.
some parts he seems kinda nervous(his mouth when he talks, like sometimes doesnt move?)

MistressofSnape
His father is the producer? Didn't knw that. He seriously did mess up that scene, though. He's a really bad cryer . Even I could do better than that.

zombieman
I think he's done reasonably well with the role of Harry, and handled all of the baggage that comes with such a high profile job. I think he has grown and matured with the part and made it his own. I am, however, reluctant to call him a good actor based on one role. Part of being a good actor is versatility, and since I haven't seen him in anything else, how do I know he has it? In my opinion, he will probably be type-cast for life, and his career will flop after HP 7.

gshkris7272
Originally posted by MistressofSnape
His father is the producer? Didn't knw that. He seriously did mess up that scene, though. He's a really bad cryer . Even I could do better than that.

yeah he kind of did mess up that scene, like there were no sign of like sadness or tears, but i think he really well in this film. I think hes come along way from the 1st movie.

Draco69
It doesn't matter if he's a good actor or not. What REALLY matters is that he's the richest teenager in the friggin country of Britain.

You can plead the case of good acting over bad acting but what really matters is if you actually get the job of an actor. And nice lump of cash.

It's typical of many "good" actor extremists to hate celebrities because they're not getting any work and they're working 20 something a week at a coffee shop.

MistressofSnape
Originally posted by zombieman
I think he's done reasonably well with the role of Harry, and handled all of the baggage that comes with such a high profile job. I think he has grown and matured with the part and made it his own. I am, however, reluctant to call him a good actor based on one role. Part of being a good actor is versatility, and since I haven't seen him in anything else, how do I know he has it? In my opinion, he will probably be type-cast for life, and his career will flop after HP 7.

He stars in this movie called December Boys. It comes out sometime...I don't know when. I saw it on Mugglenet. You got a good point. His career will probuly go downhill after Harry Potter. Just like J.K Rowling probuly won't right another book after Harry Potter is over. Good things never last long. sad

Ashea16Chic
I know loads of people have said this before:

Harry is not a good actor...he is just divinely hotdrooliowhen he doesn't act. I don't think his acting improved. He's good in narration... Nothing more... As for facial expressions, emotional scenes etc...E. Watson, R. Grint and T. Felton win it all...!

I totally wish they could change Daniel... >> But that would be too awkward since for the past 4 movies... Dan was casted as Harry.

Laviera_j
Aw, I think |Dan did loads better than he has before. His facial expressions when he was hiding behind the grave stone and decided to face Voldemort was great. Ok so he didn't cry, oh well that was disappointing, but he was still better. That kind of scene is taxing for any 16 year old.

Emma Hermine
Well he is not the best actor I know, but he plays very good in Harry Potter I think. And - oh my god, he is no bad actor just because he can't cry that's really lame. I think Dan gave everything in the 4th movie and I liked watching him (and of course emma and rupert).

Take_Me_Away
I think Dan's great. His last scene after coming out of the graveyard was SO MUCH improved from the awful "he was their friend" scene in PoA.
Two thumbs up

JesuseyGoodness
Personally if the kid can't cry good without smiling, then he ain't so good of an actor. it's called an acting class where you get taught how to use your emottions...to take something tragic from your past, and pretend it is that, having that image clear in your mind...
That's true. To all you folks who want to be actors...other than The Phantom....You should give up. Now. I don't care if you're the best actor/actress to ever be known. Quit. Guess what....

You were adopted

Take_Me_Away
sad My life long dream has been squashed. I have a strange empty feeling...

rolling on floor laughing

MistressofSnape
wow...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.