Has anyone dealt with this?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Saratn
I was posting a couple of times to a thread, and all of a sudden a page appears on my screen, and at the top it says please take a few moments to view our sponsors. and after minutes of waiting, it says it doesn't exist. and then when you go for the back button, it keeps on showing the same thing with different ads.
Also while i was responding to another thread, it turned to a page that was filled with random letters and numbers. It was on a white background, and that happened twice too. i just want to make sure that it isn't me...

Hit_and_Miss
propably just a fluke... I've had half pages happen before... just keep hitting F5 or backspace till it stops...

Ron Jeremy
No there is some serious pop up ware kicking it at KMC, As I use a mac I am less affected.

Hit_and_Miss
I don't think its KMC.. but your web browser.. too many people don't do anything to stop themselves getting viruses/spyware... I bet if you did a poll less then 30% of people have a firewall (other then the one in xp) or an uptodate virus checker..

and 10% would use a spyware scanner....

Ron Jeremy
Originally posted by Hit_and_Miss
I don't think its KMC.. but your web browser.. too many people don't do anything to stop themselves getting viruses/spyware... I bet if you did a poll less then 30% of people have a firewall (other then the one in xp) or an uptodate virus checker..

and 10% would use a spyware scanner....

Trust me I have it all smile and the many of the ads here are "active" smile

Hit_and_Miss
tell me what do you use then?? cause I don't see any ads...

Raz
I'm not aware of this problem here. I'm guessing you've got some spyware.

eggmayo
I hardly ever get pop-ups..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.