The Lion King

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

fanatos
Sorry if this has been discussed earlier. I am so mad right now. I just got THE LION KING Special Edition on DVD which turned out to be absolutely not what I had seen and loved 11 years ago. The film has been completely edited, scenes cut, new ridicolous scenes added - resulting into an absurd outrageous film embarrasment . And what's more freaking me out, it's that I can't find the original film on DVD anywhere, I'm starting to have doubts wheather Disney has released the original on DVD at all. There's VHS at Amazon, but no DVD. This is ridiculous, I want the original on DVD sad . Am I to understand that I'll never have it sad ?

Mando
If I'm not mistaken, I believe they also have the original uncut version on there too.

Cinemaddiction
It does.

fanatos
Where? I also checked the Disney Store and didn't find anything. I'd appreciate an URL big grin .

Mando
If this is the DVD you are talking about, than it has the original theatrical release.

http://disneyshopping.go.com/DSSectionPage.process?Merchant_Id=2&Section_Id=13687&Product_Id=135423&CLK=DS_FQDN_RW_TXT

* Two Versions of the Film
*Special Edition -- Features the all-new song ''Morning Report'' with never-before seen animation seamlessly integrated into the original film.
*Original Theatrical Release
* Deleted Scenes
* All-New Music Videos
* Timon's Grab-a-Grub Game
* Audio Commentary
* Exclusive interviews with Sir Elton John and Tim Rice
* There's more!

fanatos
Oh thank heavens. I got one DVD and it contains SE only. Such a relief, thanks.

botankus
Originally posted by Mando
If I'm not mistaken, I believe they also have the original uncut version on there too.

What version is this?

damaged
which scenes were cut?

Mando
Originally posted by fanatos
Oh thank heavens. I got one DVD and it contains SE only. Such a relief, thanks.

No problem smile

Originally posted by botankus
What version is this?

The one she is talking about is the new "added song" platinum version.

the uncut version is the original theatrical release.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.