What famous issue have you seen with your own eyes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

OB1-adobe
What famous issue of a comic have you actually scene with your own eyes.

And I'm talking famous.

For example, I was at a comic book store today and could not belive what I saw.

X-men #1 $1900

Incredible HULK 1st app. of Wolverine $500

Ive seen these covers printed on the back of cards, in magazines you name it. It was really awsome seeing it up close.

Though at the same time, when I think of x-men I think 40 years of stories, tons of action figures, viseo games, 2 movies and billions of dollers.

And all of this was created because these pieces of paper I was looking at through a glass case.

Weird

roughrider
I think I recall seeing the X-Men issue with the first appearence of Dark Phoenix. It cost a lot!

Creshosk
Originally posted by roughrider
I think I recall seeing the X-Men issue with the first appearence of Dark Phoenix. It cost a lot! I have that issue. and I have the issue where Jean first becomes an X-man, as well as the first appearence of spiderman. . .

Kinda weird when you've had something your entire life that's like that. . . messed

Spideys Sister
I have Spiderman amazing Fantasy #15 and the new #1. And I have the first Spectacular Spiderman when Peter Becomes Ben Reilly.

armandovalles
I have FF #1 first printing. I could sell it but i dont wanna everyone who knows always tells me to but i dont wanna.

Mindship
< has the very first Marvel/DC crossover: Superman vs Spiderman, and still in mint condition. The Earth shook when this appeared upon the planet.

botcherby

OB1-adobe
Does anyone know if there is some place that has

Action Comics #1
Superman #1
Detective Comics #27

On display?

To many people Shit like that is the Mona Lisa.

Juntai
Originally posted by OB1-adobe
Does anyone know if there is some place that has

Action Comics #1
Superman #1
Detective Comics #27

On display?

To many people Shit like that is the Mona Lisa. They probably have it in Metropolis Illinois. lol.
They have tons of stores dedicated to comic books and all tied in merchandise.
There's also a giant statue of Superman in the middle of town that towers over the houses.
Even a museum dedicated to this.
They have just about everything there...
Including the entire "Superman The Movie" costume Cristopher Reeves wore. Which is worth millions..

steverules
The death of Gwen Stacy and issue 31 of wolverine agent of shield 6 of 6 cause it's a very hard comic to get and I was able to get it on ebay.

Sir Whirlysplat
I own Giant Size Xmen 1 the first appearance of the New Xmen smile

steverules
I have that one as well.

Sir Whirlysplat
I own Sandman 1

steverules
I own the very first Terminator comic and the very first predator comic.

willRules
Originally posted by steverules
I have that one as well.

steve what you and I own there is a reprint of it worth next to nothing at the moment................

steverules

golem370
I have X-Men #25 where Magneto tries to rip the Adamantium out of Wolverine. Spawn#9 Silver Surfer & Superman crossover.

willRules

steverules
I also have the issue where wolvie has his adamantium torn out and the issue where he first finds out about his bone claws, I also have alot of the 1st issues of the british comics.

botcherby
Originally posted by golem370
I have X-Men #25 where Magneto tries to rip the Adamantium out of Wolverine. Spawn#9 Silver Surfer & Superman crossover.

yea i have that one too (#25)

oh I also got Spawn #2 and Spiderman 2099 #1

Mindship
Silver Surfer & Superman crossover.

Got this one, too. My two favorites, but was disappointed they didn't fight.

Sir Whirlysplat
The entire 1st print run of Watchmen

willRules
Originally posted by steverules
I also have the issue where wolvie has his adamantium torn out and the issue where he first finds out about his bone claws, I also have alot of the 1st issues of the british comics.

me too smile

Sir Whirlysplat
2000AD 1 UK edition I own it smile

Ultimate Hulk43
I borrowed it from the libarary,it has Fantastic Four issues 1-20 in it.I also have Fantastic Four issues 21-41.

snoopdogg
My top issues are:

1. Hulk #181(first Wolverine) CGC 9.0
2. FF #48(First Silver Surfer) CGC 9.0
3. Giant Size X-men #1(First Storm,Colossus & Nightcrawler) CGC 6.5
4. Silver Surfer #1 & 4(low print issue where he fights Thor)
5. X-men #5 & 6.
6. Iron Fist #14 (first Sabretooth)
7. Tomb of Dracula #10(first Blade) CGC 8.5 & 7.5 and a third copy ungraded.
8. My oldest FF issue is #32.
9. Action Comics #246(1958).
10. Uncanny #266(first Gambit).

Sir Whirlysplat

snoopdogg
I have to keep my comics in a separate room. I have 40 longboxes full.

Hard to keep track of them all.

How much in U.S. currency is £25?

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by snoopdogg
I have to keep my comics in a separate room. I have 40 longboxes full.

Hard to keep track of them all.

How much in U.S. currency is £25?

It was about $45 at the time - I have most of mine in my parents loft in Mylar and Boxes somewhere between 10,000 and 20,000 comics, Snoop the exact number is unknown to me. I only have the last 2 years at my house plus my tpbs. and graphics.

steverules
I don't know what the names of the issues or how old they are but my uncle's brother has an attic full of comic's (literally). He went to new york. I'm goin to new york next year so I'm gonna try and buy as many comics as I can.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Sir Whirlysplat
It was about at the time - I have most of mine in my parents loft in Mylar and Boxes somewhere between 10,000 and 20,000 comics, Snoop the exact number is unknown to me. I only have the last 2 years at my house plus my tpbs. and graphics. What kind of shape is Hulk #181 in? Its worth alot more than $45 dollars now.

Sir Whirlysplat
What kind of shape is Hulk #181 in? Its worth alot more than $45 dollars now.

Near Mint and yes I know smile

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Sir Whirlysplat
Near Mint and yes I know smile You should get it graded. It would be worth twice as much.

I bought mine in '84 for $75. I got it graded two years ago at VF/NM(9.0).

Sir Whirlysplat
You should get it graded. It would be worth twice as much.

I bought mine in '84 for $75. I got it graded two years ago at VF/NM(9.0).

nice I have loads from the 70's and 80's worth something Omega Men 3 is an amusing one as it was Lobos first appearence - obviously I have Xmen 137 etc.

Its the ones with the low print runs that have been cool over the last 20 years.

snoopdogg
Silver Surfer Vol. 1 #4 is a low print issue also. Mine is probably worth $200 or maybe more.

Sir Whirlysplat
Silver Surfer Vol. 1 #4 is a low print issue also. Mine is probably worth $200 or maybe more.

Nice

I have the entire original Warlock rum in Marvel Prem and his 1st run with Magus and the Uni Church. Its probably worth something.

I know due to the Copyright dispute many of my miraclemans are valuable as are the trades I have them all.

I have Hellblazer 150 and Moores entire Swampthing run

I have a ridiculous number of comics.

golem370
My brother got pitt #1 Savage Dragon#1 he also has a couple #1 Cable's I have the Amazing Spider-Man with Todd Mcfarland in the black and Gold cover.

Sir Whirlysplat
My brother got pitt #1 Savage Dragon#1 he also has a couple #1 Cable's I have the Amazing Spider-Man with Todd Mcfarland in the black and Gold cover.

You know I get your jokes laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.