On Krypton, can Superman perform all the powers he performs on Earth.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FistOfThe North
I know the Earth's gravity, atosmphere and sun are different than on Krypton, but on Krypton, could all Kryptonians do what Superman can do on Earth?

((The_Anomaly))
no, Krypton had a red sun. kryptonians powers are not due to gravity, its due to being in contact with yellow sun rays.

a krypton who lives under a red sun (or no sun) like the the kryptonians did would be exactly the same as us humans in every way.

for example if superman left the earth solar system in a space ship (or flying) and was not in contact with a yellow star he would eventually revert to being human, once he depleted his energy reserves anyways.

if all kryptonians DID always have powers then they prolly would have survived the destruction of Krypton, and clark would not be "the last son" cause all the kryptonians would have just flowen away as the planet exploded.

so no, they have no powers...lol

ZephroCarnelian
Superman's powers come from a certain frequency of radiation given off by a star.

When a star is Yellow, these rays are at their peak.

The further away a star is from it's Yellow stage, the less of these rays it gives out and the weaker he is.

A red stage star gives out the exact opposite to Yellow rays, removing his powers totally, until he's recharged by yellow sunlight.

As long as he stays away from a red star, he always has a store of yellow sunlight energy in him to give him power.

FistOfThe North
So does our yellow Sun have anything to do with Superman's immortality?

ZephroCarnelian
Yes. Kryptonians aren't naturally immortal.

They live for thousands of years, yes.

But they're not immortal.

Whereas Supes will live as long as he's in contact with a yellow sun.

DarkCrawler
Since there is red sun radiation guns, would someone be able to make yellow sun ones? Which would give Kryptonians powers instead of weakening them.

ZephroCarnelian
Probably.

It's a bit like in Avengers/JLA.

Some bad guys were hitting Supes with KNite and RedSol.

When Vision saw this, he started firing YellowSol at him to re-energise him. yes

DarkCrawler
Nice. smile

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by ZephroCarnelian
Yes. Kryptonians aren't naturally immortal.

They live for thousands of years, yes.

But they're not immortal.

Whereas Supes will live as long as he's in contact with a yellow sun.

Wow, dude. That is crazy, lol..

I've been wanting to know more about Krypton and Kryptonians for some reason. I knew about it before but Im real curious about it now.

Like I found out Krypton came back as a planet thanks to Superman Prime. He resurrected Jor 'El and everyone else and Supes father told him he was "Proud of him" and he resurrected Lois, too..

Cool stuff to know right there...

cool

Fanboy
The last son of Krypton version of Superman can have his powers on krypton way more powerful then on earth because Superman's muscles were actually growing and he got taller.

Fanboy
http://smallville.cinecin.com/lsok.htm

Ultimate Hulk43
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
I know the Earth's gravity, atosmphere and sun are different than on Krypton, but on Krypton, could all Kryptonians do what Superman can do on Earth?

No because Krypton has a red sun and a red sun can take away a Kryptonian's powers.If Superman could use his powers on Krypton,then his entire race would have been able to do so too and would have been able to just fly off Krypton to another planet when Krypton was about to explode.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Ultimate Hulk43
No because Krypton has a red sun and a red sun can take away a Kryptonian's powers.If Superman could use his powers on Krypton,then his entire race would have been able to do so too and would have been able to just fly off Krypton to another planet when Krypton was about to explode.

Thats right, i didn't think about that.

I know Kryptonians are more advanced and outlive humans but are they more physically powerful than humans are or are their strengths equal.

ZephroCarnelian
Their strengths and durability are equal.

They're just extremely longlived because a) they've been genetically engineered to age slower and b) they have banks of clones from which they can harvest organs if someone needs healing.

snoopdogg
Here is a scan proving Supes can be powered by more than a yellow Sun.

snoopdogg
Here is another.............

Hegemon875
Hmm seems like he aborbs all sunlight except red.

FistOfThe North
Their strengths and durability are equal.

They're just extremely longlived because a) they've been genetically engineered to age slower and b) they have banks of clones from which they can harvest organs if someone needs healing.

A question out of context but do you think, what you've stated, can or is happeneing here on Earth? And that every human on earth can actually become the intelligent beings Kryptonians were?

ZephroCarnelian
The Kryptonians were intelligent, but eventually the became devoid of emotion and contact with eachother.

They didn't even have relationships - whenever a Kryptonian died, they replaced him with a baby born in vitro - without the mother and father ever having met.

Jor-El was a rebel and that's why he demanded to see Lara's holo-image. Then he summoned her to him when he found out Krypton was going to blow and told her that their baby was gonna be safe.

Supes' dad was the first Kryptonian in a thousand years to break from tradition. I have an entire mini-series from 86 called The Krypton Chronicles that shows Krypton and it's people from it's origins, right the way to it blowing up.

I'm off to watch telly now, but remind me some time and I'll scan some images from it! smile

FistOfThe North
The Kryptonians were intelligent, but eventually the became devoid of emotion and contact with eachother.

They didn't even have relationships - whenever a Kryptonian died, they replaced him with a baby born in vitro - without the mother and father ever having met.

Jor-El was a rebel and that's why he demanded to see Lara's holo-image. Then he summoned her to him when he found out Krypton was going to blow and told her that their baby was gonna be safe.

Supes' dad was the first Kryptonian in a thousand years to break from tradition. I have an entire mini-series from 86 called The Krypton Chronicles that shows Krypton and it's people from it's origins, right the way to it blowing up.

I'm off to watch telly now, but remind me some time and I'll scan some images from it! smile

That be great. I'd like to know more about Krypton and new Krypton and the Kryptonian people.

demigawd
I always wondered - if they're so smart, why didn't they figure out that they become gods when exposed to any type of solar radiation except their own? It seems Jor-El knew. And if he knew, I take it he knew for awhile. And if he knew for awhile, he shoulda just built a bunch of tanning machines for the population and had they fly out of there....

((The_Anomaly))
well there are several problems with that.

first, I'm pretty sure that Kryptonians all knew about they're super powers

second, even if they had built machines that would emit yellow sun rays as soon as they were exposed to the red sun of thier solar system (which they would be exposed too all the time) they're powers would be drained by the red solar energy.

the only way would be to construct suits that would shield them from the red sunlight. (and who wants to live in a huge bio-suit they're whole life?)

otherwise even if they were exposed to yellow sunlight they would only have they're powers for a matter of minuets, maybe less before they were back to normal.

Glimmerone
On krypton, kryptonians were slightly above human in their attributes. However, they didn't possess any super powers or anything. As mentioned by a poster, they lived a long time( tens of thousands of years) because they aged slower than what we as humans do, due to being kryptonian and genetic engineering.

Anyone who cells ages slow in comparison to how human cells age, would be somewhat natural healthier and more conditioned than a human being, despite not having any super abilities.

It would seem that a kryptonian(average Kryptonian) on krypton would be equivalent to an Olympic level fit human being here on earth, although they probably couldn't do the same things that an Olympic level athlete could do, since that takes special training and practice.

Fanboy
Originally posted by demigawd
I always wondered - if they're so smart, why didn't they figure out that they become gods when exposed to any type of solar radiation except their own? It seems Jor-El knew. And if he knew, I take it he knew for awhile. And if he knew for awhile, he shoulda just built a bunch of tanning machines for the population and had they fly out of there....

They did that with Supergirl when they sent her to earth to take care of Superman. She was supposed to be taking care of Superman while he was a baby while she was just an adult.

redcaped
He needed a relationship, that's why he left earth for a while. For get Reeves movies, specially part3.

Bushwacker
Is this a serious question? Have you even read a comic?

ddd222
Kryptonians already knew that if they entered a yellow sun system they would get god like powers. The reason they didn't leave was because a genetic mutation created by the Eradicator bound the Kryptonians to their planet(anyone who tried to leave would die).

DARTH POWER
^ So how did Kal-El leave??

super pr*xy
kal-el didn't have any more planet to be bound to, i reckon..

Delta1938
Originally posted by Hegemon875
Hmm seems like he aborbs all sunlight except red.

6 and a half years late, but no, he absorbs red sunlight too. The problem is, it doesn't power him. Displaces yellow solar energy. At least that was the case for much of Post-CRISIS, Pre-DCnU. I think later Batman theorized it simply cut-off access to his powers or something like that.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.