ESB Darth Vader.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dirk Jade
In ESB when Lando betrays Han, leia and chewie Han fires at Darth Vader right? Does Vader use the force to block the shots or does he just let it hit him anyway and pull the gun away? Metal hands makes it so you only feel a little bit of pain for a second or two. Example of this is when luke gets shot in the hand on Jabbas Sail Barge.

Darth_Glentract
It is unknown, as far as I know. He could have let it hit him if he wanted to and it really wouldn't matter as Vader's suit has taken small lightsaber hits and not been pierced.

Captain REX
I say it's a Force power.

Lana
I'd say he used the Force as well.

SnakeEyes
This is sort of off-topic, but I read in the New Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology that he had the option of having a suit made from cortosis (lightsaber resistant material) but he chose not to. What a bad decision! I would've taken it in a heartbeat.

Darth_Glentract
Cortosis is weak against everything other than a lightsaber though(Han could have shot through Vader armor if it was cortosis). His armor was capable of stopping lightsaber hit anyway.

SnakeEyes
Really? I didn't know that. Thanks; I guess he wasn't so dumb afterall.

overlord
I don't know what the hell his armor is but he took several hits from the blaster and when Lukes lightsaber sliced over his shoulder I reckon his armor even held back a bit too.

maifoshis
in the eu books when luke is training jedi, he teaches energy absorption techniques they can absorb blaster energy and transfer it through their body

Sesse
lol, so the mighty empire had not heard of composite materials?

#Durasteel#Cortosis#Durasteel#Cortosis#Durasteel#C
ortosis#

Many thin layers. But heh, it's Vader!

jollyjim311
It was a good decision to not make it out of cortosis if what Glentract said was true. There were practically no saber wielders during the time of the Empire.

And I think he just let it hit his hand, it wouldn't have damaged it anyway, I recall hearing that somewhere, can't remember, sorry.

Delta 62
I've always thought he absorbed/deflected the shots somehow. Yoda could do it with Force lightning..so i'd imagine Vader could easily do it with something as relatively weak as a shot from a sidearm.

overlord
What's so weird in having to put some power in cutting through a material with a lightsaber? I mean; you don't just through a lightsaber against an armored door for example with it just going through like nothing. The same can be said for blasts.
I think it's safe to say that Vaders suit can withstand at least some short exposure to power.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.