I Knew It

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

))TrAuMa((
i waited in line for about 6 hours and i was 13th inn line for the xbox 360 and when i got it i went home and played it and i was very disapointed! it does not seem like a next gen. system to me! i got madden and quake4 but yeah a big disapointment i am just going to sell it and get a Playstaion 3! any one else feel the same way?

Ken Kenobi
...These are first wave games, not even running past 30% of what the system is capable of.

Secondly, do you have an HDTV? That will make all the difference in the world.

Alpha Centauri
Microsoft tried that with the original Xbox. "Don't be fooled, it's only running at not even half it's capability!". Halo is still it's best game, capability wise. Needless to say I don't trust them anymore.

If they manage to pull off some of the games they have touted and they play as good as they will hopefully look, I'll reconsider their claims.

Anyone got any word on PD: Zero yet?

-AC

DarkC
Peter Jackson's King Kong really makes the 360 shine in terms of the graphics.

Zen2nd
Originally posted by ))TrAuMa((
i waited in line for about 6 hours and i was 13th inn line for the xbox 360 and when i got it i went home and played it and i was very disapointed! it does not seem like a next gen. system to me! i got madden and quake4 but yeah a big disapointment i am just going to sell it and get a Playstaion 3! any one else feel the same way?

That was pointless. You never told us why it was such a disappointment? You said it did not seem like a next generation console? How are you suppose to know that if you've never played a next generation console before?

You mean that the console isn't that far ahead from the Xbox don't you?

Don't rush ahead and buy a PS3 if you were disappointed with the Xbox 360.

BackFire
Gamespot reviewed perfect dark:zero, said it was outstanding.

hotsauce6548
To each his own, I guess. I'm personally very excited to get my hands on my 360, but I am also interested to see what Sony does with the PS3. yes

Originally posted by BackFire
Gamespot reviewed perfect dark:zero, said it was outstanding.

I can't wait to play this game. droolio

TwisterGameX
better than RE4

StinkFist462
Originally posted by DarkC
Peter Jackson's King Kong really makes the 360 shine in terms of the graphics.

i played it at Target earlier and wasnt impressed with the graphics whatsoever and it had ridiculously long loading time for a demo.

and Call of Duty 2 or whatever had horrible graphics. my PC (which is pretty outdated) can run games with better graphics and smoother than that can. yea its for a console and whatever but its still pretty crappy, for a console with all this hype.

JKozzy
Quake 4 and the like got about 6.7 on Gamespot... bunch of games had graphical glitch criticism. Not the strongest launch titles, though PGR3, PD Zero, and Rare's new game look interesting.

hotsauce6548
Originally posted by StinkFist462
i played it at Target earlier and wasnt impressed with the graphics whatsoever and it had ridiculously long loading time for a demo.

Something must have been wrong, then. erm

When I played it, it started up in a moment, and I didn't even know I was playing because of the graphics!

I'm surprised. You're the only person I've heard that has complained about the graphics.

StinkFist462
Originally posted by hotsauce6548
Something must have been wrong, then. erm

When I played it, it started up in a moment, and I didn't even know I was playing because of the graphics!

I'm surprised. You're the only person I've heard that has complained about the graphics.

they were nice for a console, i'll give it that much. but i just wasnt impressed.

hotsauce6548
they were nice for a console, i'll give it that much. but i just wasnt impressed.

I was pretty impressed. They are an improvement from the current gen, but I guess not by much. I'm sure they'll get better. yes

Still, the T-Rex... droolio

JKozzy
I set up the console at our Target, and I'm going with Stinky. Based on the demos, I wasn't impressed either. Hopefully in May some kickass stuff will be shown that looks "seriously" next-gen and not "kinda" next-gen.

StinkFist462
I was pretty impressed. They are an improvement from the current gen, but I guess not by much. I'm sure they'll get better. yes

Still, the T-Rex... droolio

the graphics were mediocre, then when that t-rex came along, that just ruined all hopes for anything breathtaking, graphics wise, i personally thought it was pretty lame, the bridge just fell in one big chunk. there really wasnt much debris and the animation for the dude getting eatin was pretty crappy. gameplay was pretty confusing. running around for so long and this dude tries giving me a pistol.. how do you get that pistol?

hotsauce6548
Originally posted by JKozzy
I set up the console at our Target, and I'm going with Stinky. Based on the demos, I wasn't impressed either. Hopefully in May some kickass stuff will be shown that looks "seriously" next-gen and not "kinda" next-gen.

True. yes

the graphics were mediocre, then when that t-rex came along, that just ruined all hopes for anything breathtaking, graphics wise, i personally thought it was pretty lame, the bridge just fell in one big chunk. there really wasnt much debris and the animation for the dude getting eatin was pretty crappy. gameplay was pretty confusing. running around for so long and this dude tries giving me a pistol.. how do you get that pistol?

I have no idea. I died about 4 times trying to get the pistol.

DarkC said it was the L trigger, I believe.

StinkFist462
and it was pretty confusing. it was so dark you couldnt see what or where you were going. your crew just runs off and there is no marker or anything. just one big black forest looking thing. then next thing you know is a horribly animated t-rex comes out of no where and bam, controller gets put down. next person comes up to play.

by that i meant there isnt a time limit, i just had enough. wasnt impressed.

Ken Kenobi
All I can say, I'm playing my 360 right now and Call of Duty 2, the graphics are incredible. The fire and smoke effects, the character faces, the terrain...wow.

There are somethings that don't look great, they still look pretty damn good though. I'm impressed.

StinkFist462
Originally posted by Ken Kenobi
All I can say, I'm playing my 360 right now and Call of Duty 2, the graphics are incredible. The fire and smoke effects, the character faces, the terrain...wow.

There are somethings that don't look great, they still look pretty damn good though. I'm impressed.

the smoke was actually pretty nice.

JKozzy

There are somethings that don't look great, they still look pretty damn good though. I'm impressed. Mm. The demos were made probably for E3 in May, so I would hope improvements were made to the retail versions.

SaTsuJiN
the pricetag is pretty steep for such a rocky launch

WindDancer

How do you know the PS3 won't disappoint you as well?

Ast

After one night you are going to sell it?

Why do I think you didnt buy it?

I love PD0, but I have only been playing the multiplayer, it instantly makes you think about the old Rare shooters for the 64. stick out tongue

General Kaliero
Oh man, to play a multiplayer like Goldeneye again? I'd give almost anything!

...But not over 400 bucks. Oh well. If at least ten excellent games come out for the 360, I might consider buying it. 'Til then, my money's waiting for the PS3 and Revolution.

But on the topic of the 360, I'm really not liking what I'm hearing. Didn't Microsoft put out even one game with great graphics and great gameplay? Because that's not what it's looking like to me.

Lana
Originally posted by General Kaliero
Oh man, to play a multiplayer like Goldeneye again? I'd give almost anything!

...But not over 400 bucks. Oh well. If at least ten excellent games come out for the 360, I might consider buying it. 'Til then, my money's waiting for the PS3 and Revolution.

But on the topic of the 360, I'm really not liking what I'm hearing. Didn't Microsoft put out even one game with great graphics and great gameplay? Because that's not what it's looking like to me.

I still have my N64 and Goldeneye big grin

And yeah, I'm waiting for the other systems - Revolution first and foremost, PS3 once an FF is released for it.

Shadow x 20

Those games don't even come close to the power of the Xbox 360. Just wait till the hard hitting games like Halo 3 to come out and if you sold it you will regret it.

General Kaliero
Originally posted by Shadow x 20
Those games don't even come close to the power of the Xbox 360. Just wait till the hard hitting games like Halo 3 to come out and if you sold it you will regret it.

Yeah, Microsoft keeps saying that. But I see two possible situations here:

1) Microsoft rushed too much to put the system out before Christmas, and as a result they now have an uber-expensive console with pretty crappy (relatively) games.

OR

2) Microsoft has been touting the 360 as the great next-gen system when it really... just isn't.

Either or both of those may be wrong, of course, but "We're not using full capacity yet" is an excuse that's technically valid for quite a long time.

Ast
The "not using all the power" thing is true of all consoles, developers have to learn to get the most out of the system. Even the almighty do no wrong uber system that is PS2 went through the same thing.

Lana
Which is part of the reason why I think that buying it right when it launches is dumb -- there'll be very few games and they won't really be all THAT great. Not to mention it'll be stupidly expensive.

General Kaliero
Lana pretty much nailed it. Not much else to say, really.

Sir Mist
One word: Oblivion.

@ AC, do you own a Xbox? Halo being the best game? I dont even HAVE Halo on xbox - (pc) -, but the games I do have, have pleased me with its capabilities.

Sometimes its not even about the capabilities of a game, but how much fun you have playing it. Knights of the Old Republic had shocking models, glitches and framerates (occasionally) for the power of the console, but the game was gold.

Dont look at what it can do now. Look at what it can do in the future. I mentioned Oblivion, the developer videos showing in game footage have real time generated forests and dungeons. You cant do that stuff on a previous console.

@ StinkFist, Call of Duty 2 has shocking graphics? Did you notice framerates, loading times, particle effects, sounds, animations? I sure did watching a video of it. Theres a massive difference between CoD and CoD 2.

And a PC will always beat a console anyway, you cant upgrade a console like a PC.

Final thing, most launch titles arent even built on the console developer kits. Launch titles get the kits close to console releases, so developers dont have time to max out everything they possibly could.

Wait for the next few waves of games.

Ast
In my opinion, the 360 has a killer app in Perfect Dark, thats good enough reason enough for me to buy.

JKozzy
I'd rather wait for more "killer apps." $450 to play one game doesn't appeal to me.

StinkFist462
to me the 360 is basically a two-game system.

halo 3 and pd: zero.

i havent heard hype on any other games. thats probably why im not buying one for a long while

Ast
I have been waiting for PD0 since it was supposed to be coming out on Gamecube, it is worth it to me. stick out tongue

Smasandian
It looks interesting to me.
I really want to play PD:Zero and the racing games, but other than that, Madden is a just a shell of the game is supposed to be. King Kong is about 6 hours long and Call of Duty plays the exact same on the computer. So whats the rush.

If a get a pay raise, I might look into buying one down the road after PS3 comes out to see which is better for me, but as of right now, there's no point in buying one. Most of the games dont really do it for me aside from pretty graphics. (they're the same throughout, no orginality or difference, aside from Kameo, King Kong (but not worth the money) and PD Zero looks kick ass.

hotsauce6548
So I take it the PD Zero's multiplayer is good? big grin

How's the 32 player?

JKozzy
Originally posted by Smasandian
Most of the games dont really do it for me aside from pretty graphics. (they're the same throughout, no orginality or difference, aside from Kameo, King Kong (but not worth the money) and PD Zero looks kick ass. yes

El_NINO
For all of you who think the games are crap right now for XBOX360 then i suggest you wait for the next set of games. The release day games are not to their full potential. Also Halo isnt the only big game on XBOX, there are way more games out there that are if not better than HALO.

JKozzy
Couple days late on that one.. myself and others have said this in most threads regarding the 360..

El_NINO
ya i know ive been away a few days...

I feel like an outsider

Spearhead
there's ways around that...read the posts people have already made

Ast
So I take it the PD Zero's multiplayer is good? big grin

How's the 32 player?

I havent played it 32 player, im not willing to put up with that many XBL assholes, I have only played with a handful of friends.

Smasandian
Originally posted by Lana
Which is part of the reason why I think that buying it right when it launches is dumb -- there'll be very few games and they won't really be all THAT great. Not to mention it'll be stupidly expensive.

Thats true, somewhat.

When the N64 and PS1 went out, you had to get one because the graphics were finally in 3d (or atleast done right).
When ps2 and xbox and gc came out, it was alot better than the current gen because the current gen was on for 5 years or so, so people wanted a change.
But this next gen, there isnt a huge difference to next gen and current gen to make it viable to get right away.

Wolf Dog
Thats because the 360 is not next gen. Next gen isn't officialy here until the revolution or ps3 arrive.

Ultimate Hulk43
WRONG!!The 360,PS3 and Revolution are ALL next gen.I don't know where you got the 360 not being next gen. from but it's wrong.

Alpha Centauri
I spoke to a few people today, including my cousin who happens to own one (not English), and she said it was really good.

Call me hard to please but shouldn't everyone be demanding a bit more than "really good"? There were "really good" things on the N64.

From what I've seen of the 360, the graphics ARE very good but at the same time, it's not some radical leap. Kameo doesn't look like a game that would be out of place on the Cube.

-AC

El_NINO
Originally posted by Spearhead
there's ways around that...read the posts people have already made

Relax no-it-all, I'm just answering the threads orginal question.

hotsauce6548
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Kameo doesn't look like a game that would be out of place on the Cube.

-AC

Ya know, I was thinking that myself. Hopefully, Microsoft is trying to broaden their audience a bit?

§P0oONY
Kameo was originally in development for the N64, that's why it's not that great graphically, a lot of you guys have got to give it a break, the large majority of the release titles are ports, most were not solely developed for the 360, the graphics will improve... I have full faith in that, I really don't think they need to get better, I'm still very happy with the xbox graphics, games are no longer about graphical quality but game play.

Lana
Originally posted by El_NINO
Relax no-it-all, I'm just answering the threads orginal question.

You know, I've said it before. There's no need for your attitude. He was making an honest statement that I'm sure if he didn't, many other people would have. It's not at all a long thread, there's no excuse to not read it before posting.

El_NINO
Originally posted by Lana
You know, I've said it before. There's no need for your attitude. He was making an honest statement that I'm sure if he didn't, many other people would have. It's not at all a long thread, there's no excuse to not read it before posting.

well yes however I was answering the original question, doesnt matter if it was mentioned before I want to get the chance to say it. Also thats an insult when he puts it in that form of sentence. Also for some reason you dont like me which is why you take his side and add to it. Also this is a discussion forum and if you can point out what rude ness i have said i will apologize.

Spearhead
wtf...? "in that form of sentence"? would you prefer I say "hey dumbass, read what people have already said"?

because, by all means, that can be arranged next time...there's no need to say something that's been said about 5 times by that point

to the original question: just as the system has been rushed for the holidays, so too have the games; it'll get better...

Sir Mist
Originally posted by Wolf Dog
Thats because the 360 is not next gen. Next gen isn't officialy here until the revolution or ps3 arrive.

What the f**k?

Do you understand what next gen means?
Next Generation. The successors to the previous consoles.

Ps2 > Ps3
Gamecube > Revolution
Xbox > Xbox 360

How did you deduce 360 is not next gen? What the f**k?

Wolf Dog
Phh, when i say next gen i mean REAL next gen. Not a Half Gen like the 360 is. I don't consider it next gen because it just doesn't feel right calling it next gen when i can hit smoother fps on CoD 2 with my computer anyday. But its okay to call it the successor to the Xbox because thats all it is. 4 year span between consoles is not next generation.

§P0oONY
the Xbox 360 is a very powerful system, maybe even more powerful then the revolution, we just don't know yet.

Sir Mist
I don't consider it next gen because it just doesn't feel right calling it next gen when i can hit smoother fps on CoD 2 with my computer anyday.

What are your pc specs? Invalid argument, you could spec up your pc all you wanted, of course it'll be faster.

Some of the current-gen titles like PDZ, PDR3, Call of Duty 2 and Condemned wrangle with the power, and they all look gorgeous having not even scratched the system's surface.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/668/668897p2.html

Zen2nd
So what is the time span for the next generation to come around?

Ken Kenobi
Phh, when i say next gen i mean REAL next gen. Not a Half Gen like the 360 is. I don't consider it next gen because it just doesn't feel right calling it next gen when i can hit smoother fps on CoD 2 with my computer anyday. But its okay to call it the successor to the Xbox because thats all it is. 4 year span between consoles is not next generation.

Erm, it was only 5 years between the PS1 and PS2...

TwisterGameX
And you have not even played the ps3 so how is it better...

§P0oONY

PS1.... 32 Bit
N64.... 64 Bit.....

Both classed as being in the same "generation"....

Smasandian

El_NINO
Originally posted by Spearhead
wtf...? "in that form of sentence"? would you prefer I say "hey dumbass, read what people have already said"?

because, by all means, that can be arranged next time...there's no need to say something that's been said about 5 times by that point

to the original question: just as the system has been rushed for the holidays, so too have the games; it'll get better...

i would have prefered you not say anything at all since its a discussion forum and I do have my say in any discussion because its my opinion. Also it does nothing seeing how your the only one who made the comment which is a waste of time. Next time you see someone do what I did, just ignore it.

JKozzy
Erm, it was only 5 years between the PS1 and PS2... PS1 was 1994 in Japan, PS2 was 2000... being technical, six years stick out tongue

Ken Kenobi
PS1 was 1994 in Japan, PS2 was 2000... being technical, six years stick out tongue

Ah, I wasn't exactly sure when it was released. embarrasment

Lana
94? Wow. I think we got a PS1 in 96 or something. We got an N64 the same year.

§P0oONY
Originally posted by Smasandian
Generation has nothing to do with how many bit's there is.
Next gen means the next wave a consoles, or the update of consoles.

I know.... I was pointing out the error in what he was saying....

hotsauce6548
When the PS3 comes out, your PC will be able to run faster than it. When the Revolution comes out, your PC will be able to run faster than it. no expression

A PC can be constantly updated, while a console cannot. erm

DarkC
When the PS3 comes out, your PC will be able to run faster than it. When the Revolution comes out, your PC will be able to run faster than it. no expression

A PC can be constantly updated, while a console cannot. erm
Downside? Pisses money like a waterfall.

hotsauce6548
Originally posted by DarkC
Downside? Pisses money like a waterfall.

Yerp. Plus most people (like myself) can't be bothered with all the technical aspects of PC gaming. I'd rather just pop in a CD in my console. erm

That's why I prefer console gaming over PC gaming. big grin

Alpha Centauri

JKozzy

Alpha Centauri

Lana
My comp is a piece of shit.

*kicks*

It'll cost less to put a larger harddrive and more RAM in than to get a new one, though.

SnakeEyes
But what about a graphics card, speakers, printer, ect? (in response to AC's comment)

NinthSith
Go to www.cyberpowersystem.com to get great deals on custom built pc,s.I paid 1300 for my pc over a year ago and it still looks better than the xbox 360 games that ive seen so far.A PC that is built well will play anygame within a 2 year period through my experience.Although I do plan on throwing about 500$ into it in the next 6 months or so.

Do check that site out,they really are affordable if you are a serious gamer.They have great pricessmile

JKozzy
www.newegg.com - 'nuff said.

NinthSith
No offense but cyberpower sells better pre-built desktop pc's for the money.If i were to build my own pc i would use newegg though.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
But what about a graphics card, speakers, printer, ect? (in response to AC's comment)

Graphics doesn't matter, I don't play PC games.

The rest came with it.

-AC

BackFire
Cyberpower is indeed a good deal. I bought a PC from them (the one I use now) two years ago and have had zero problems. Runs all games I throw at it really well. Got a pretty top of the line system (Athlon 64 3000, 1gig ram, 120gb hard drive, ATI Radeon 9800) for less then $1,000. The same PC woulda cost nearly twice that much from Alienware or one of those places. Really good deals.

El_NINO
http://www.eskynet.com/

nuff said, plus free shipping

hotsauce6548
Is the ATI Radeon 9200 128 MB graphics card a good one?

JKozzy
Eh... decent but older.

hotsauce6548
Eh... decent but older.

Just wondering. I've never played a computer game (well, that needs a good graphics card) but that's the one I have. big grin

who?-kid
PC games may be faster and have better graphics, but I prefer a console over a PC.

PC is overrated when it comes down to games (and I know what I am talking about, I played countless games on both PC and PS1, PS2 and a few other consoles).

With PC it's always something. You don't have enough RAM, your hard drive is full, your PC is full of viruses and spyware that makes your PC slower, you have to download directx, your video card doesn't support that game, you have to register, your need a new soundcard, your screen resolution isn't high enough, you get RSI, your PC is too old, too slow, your PC crashes and I forget like 50 other reasons.

And then of course, there are the times the game you just bought and installed on your drive, just won't work...

Oh, and upgrades cost money...

Smasandian
Yep true.

But in some genres, PC is king.

SaTsuJiN
indeed.. especially real time strategy.. I couldnt imagine navigating one with a controller >_<

Wolf Dog
Yah, but PC will ALWAYS have better and more easy to set up online play. And the Keyboard is a big factor in the quality of online play. If you're like me and don't like to use the mic to commnicate with strangers, then there's no way to communicate with other players on the console, thus feeling like you're playing with a bunch of bots. And it's easier to set up games because of IM programs, Ventrillo(voice communication programs), and the fact that the computer is like my communication center.

who?-kid
PC most certainly has a few major advantages, there's no denying that. Eg strategy games. Maybe one day fantastic games like Warcraft III will be playable on a console, but I'm afraid that won't be for tomorrow.

But a PC also has a few disadvantages. When I look at the pros and cons of PC and a (next gen) console, I think a console is the better machine.

Just my opinion lol.

Red Superfly
Games officially suck now. That's why.

hotsauce6548
Originally posted by Red Superfly
Games officially suck now. That's why.

cry

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.