Alderaan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

chinabing
In "Revenge of the Sith," after all these years, we finally get to see Alderaan! What did you think? Did it meet your expectations? What were your expectations?

exanda kane
I didnt even think about seeing it - and havnt seen it for a few months as i havnt been bothered to pcik up the dvd but yes, alderaan is mightily cool.

overlord
erm.. Okay, what the hell?
I saw Alderaan for a mere second or something.
How the hell do I judge that?

Jedi Priestess
I too would have liked to seen more. I cant make a judgement on what little I saw.

Morridini
I liked it, it is a total opposite of how Lukes home-place was, showing the big difference in their upbringing.

exanda kane
I would really like to see it in a game or something. Not too sure about the architecture though...didnt look too human and isnt Alderaan supposed to be one of the oldest inhabited human worlds?

chinabing
Before 1999, I expected Alderaan to be a beautiful place with dewey meadows. I thought that because the only real clue was in the "Return of the Jedi" novelization, when Vader is dying and he dreams about a meadow and "his beloved wife."

I had assumed Mrs. Vader would have been born on Alderaan, and the two of them fell in love there. Then Vader turns to the Dark Side, and then helps blow up the planet he fell in love on in Ep IV. The irony.

Then Ep I comes out and all we hear of is another Bail who is up for Supreme Chancellor at the same time Palpatine is, (re-vote, anyone?), and nothing in Ep. II. Although the meadow scene in AOTC reminded me of the "Jedi" novelization.

Alderaan in Ep III is gorgeous. I liked the snowy mountains again, (hadn't seen snow since Ep IV). Then Bail bring Leia up to the Queen in the Organa Castle, (great water view, contrasting Luke's no-water view).

Although I would have liked to have seen more, Lucas didn't make the planet central to the story, so showing Alderaan just for the sake of Alderaan would have been pointless. I think a sub-point of showing Leia's arrival was to contrast Luke's upbringing, but we finally saw Alderaan mostly for an ending filled with hope.

Canadadude
Alderaan will be put in some new special edition that Lucas will add to A New Hope. I figure it will show the people screaming in fear as the Death Star blows it away

overlord
That would freaking rock! They should put a close up of Jar Jar exploding in it.

DiamondBullets
Originally posted by chinabing
Vader is dying and he dreams about a meadow and "his beloved wife."

I remember that line from the Return of the Jedi book. He's probly referring to Naboo, though.

Tangible God
I felt Alderaan was quite the peaceful place, what with those mountain towns and all. Kinda like South Park.

bilb
I always expected Alderaan to be more clean & crisp in a way.. lots of blues & whites.. the shot we got had lots of grey tones.. from the view of the planet in ANH (before it was blown up cry ) it just seemed like it would be almost like a cross between Hoth & Kamino.. it wasnt what I was expecting but it was ok

Captain REX
I was hoping we'd see something like this...but now it is too similar to Kamino.

Captain REX
Other than that, I thought Alderaan looked pretty cool. And that's just the part of Alderaan where Bail Organa and the royalty lives. In the Illustrated Guide to the Star Wars Galaxy, Alderaan is visited with Ralph McQuarrie's concept art. There are many meadows and valleys and strange alien mounds and cities carved into the planet from the ancient Killiks of Alderaan, an insectoid species that lived there with the Alderaanians before becoming extinct.

Alderaan was one of the founding planets of the Republic, along with Coruscant and Corellia and many others.

Jedi Priestess
Did anyone else besides me think it kind of looked like the space shuttle launch pad? Where Bail landed?

Captain REX
Heh! I haven't seen it in awhile.

I didn't think the Blockade Runner was as big as it showed up in ROTS, though.

steverules
Originally posted by Canadadude
Alderaan will be put in some new special edition that Lucas will add to A New Hope. I figure it will show the people screaming in fear as the Death Star blows it away

If they do that I wouldn't mind seeing the death star in the sky charging up so we can see it from their eyes.

Captain REX
George would be hard-pressed to make it fit with the rest of the film.

Jedi Priestess
meh Im too damn lazy to cap it. laughing out loud

DeVi| D0do
Originally posted by Canadadude
That would suck the ultimate shit.

shaber
I expected it to be a terrestrial world with no oceans, just a network of shallow lakes and probably giving the impression of a sound environment.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.