Can a human being live on Krypton or not?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FistOfThe North
Since Kryptonians look exactly like us humans but we are not one of them.

DarkCrawler
Probably, since Krypton was on the livable radius from the red sun...

((The_Anomaly))
i dont see why a human could not live on Krypton if it existed. the only real problem is if there's a slight gravity difference, if there's not then a human would most definitely be able to live on Krypton.

Fanboy
I remember a Russian General Zod wearing a suit to make the sun light red to give himself powers like Superman so if a Human lived on krypton that Human would have powers like Superman.

Hegemon875
Originally posted by Fanboy
I remember a Russian General Zod wearing a suit to make the sun light red to give himself powers like Superman so if a Human lived on krypton that Human would have powers like Superman.

Red sunlight doesnt give humans super powers laughing

That is what youre saying right?

Ultimate Hulk43
Actually,there was a clone of Superman who needed red sunlight to survive and he wore an orange armor suit to sheild himself from yellow sunlight because it was harmful to him.

And no,humans can't live on Krypton because red sunlight is deadly to us.

((The_Anomaly))
says who?

its just a different wavelength of light, so long as the heat on krypton isnt too much for us to handel (because red suns are far larger then yellow ones) then it would make no difference. the heat MIGHT be greater (but judging by kryptons ice like surface it was not) and since red suns emmit less high a wavelength of light humas would actually be suited to live on a planet with a red sun because our skin has evolved to help block out the rays of a yellow sun with higher wavelength then a red sun. meaning on Krypton it should be a lot harder for a human being to get sunburnt then on earth with our yellow sun.

since Kryptonians were in every way like human beings, i.e. they can be killed, hurt, etc. etc. they are of the same physical build...

if a non-powerd Kryptonin could live somewhere then a human being could also live there.

ZephroCarnelian
It's the intensity of red sunlight that determines it's effects.

I have a PreC comic where Lex turns our sun red.

The radiation flowing towards earth is so intense that it will kill all life.

Supes at super-speed creates a bomb that will turn the sun yellow again.

He chucks it into the sun, then retreats backwards faster than the red sunlight can catch him.

Then, the remaining red sunlight that's still heading for Earth, he reflects away by using his body as a living forcefield, making sure that he's getting the same exposure to yellow sunlight as to red, so that he doesn't lose his powers.

Awesome stuff.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by ZephroCarnelian
It's the intensity of red sunlight that determines it's effects.

I have a PreC comic where Lex turns our sun red.

The radiation flowing towards earth is so intense that it will kill all life.

Supes at super-speed creates a bomb that will turn the sun yellow again.

He chucks it into the sun, then retreats backwards faster than the red sunlight can catch him.

Then, the remaining red sunlight that's still heading for Earth, he reflects away by using his body as a living forcefield, making sure that he's getting the same exposure to yellow sunlight as to red, so that he doesn't lose his powers.

Awesome stuff.

Indeed.

But how did he shield Earth from remnant red sunlight all at once? The rays must've obviously covered a massively wide area.

And what'd he use as a shield? His chest, his cape?

ZephroCarnelian
He flew down the wavefront of the red sunlight, faster than the speed of light, deflecting the redsunlight with his own body.

He deflected all of the sunlight.

Therefore he must've been EVERYWHERE where the rays were threatening to hit the Earth...

So he must've moved fast enough to cover the entire face off the Earth, shielding it from the red rad.

yes

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by ZephroCarnelian
He flew down the wavefront of the red sunlight, faster than the speed of light, deflecting the redsunlight with his own body.

He deflected all of the sunlight.

Therefore he must've been EVERYWHERE where the rays were threatening to hit the Earth...

So he must've moved fast enough to cover the entire face off the Earth, shielding it from the red rad.yes

Niice..

cool

dionymnia
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
says who?

its just a different wavelength of light, so long as the heat on krypton isnt too much for us to handel (because red suns are far larger then yellow ones) then it would make no difference. the heat MIGHT be greater (but judging by kryptons ice like surface it was not) and since red suns emmit less high a wavelength of light humas would actually be suited to live on a planet with a red sun because our skin has evolved to help block out the rays of a yellow sun with higher wavelength then a red sun. meaning on Krypton it should be a lot harder for a human being to get sunburnt then on earth with our yellow sun.

since Kryptonians were in every way like human beings, i.e. they can be killed, hurt, etc. etc. they are of the same physical build...

if a non-powerd Kryptonin could live somewhere then a human being could also live there.

Although it's an Elseworlds, the question of human survival on Krypton has been explored in Superman - Last Son of Earth, where Kal is actually from Earth, being sent in a rocket by Jonathon Kent who believes a cataclysm is going to destroy the planet. Jor-El discovers the child after the rocket crashes on Krypton, and must compensate solely for the gravitational difference, not so much the sun's rays. He creates a exoskeleton to keep Kal's body from being crushed by Krypton's stronger gravity.

((The_Anomaly))
Originally posted by dionymnia
Although it's an Elseworlds, the question of human survival on Krypton has been explored in Superman - Last Son of Earth, where Kal is actually from Earth, being sent in a rocket by Jonathon Kent who believes a cataclysm is going to destroy the planet. Jor-El discovers the child after the rocket crashes on Krypton, and must compensate solely for the gravitational difference, not so much the sun's rays. He creates a exoskeleton to keep Kal's body from being crushed by Krypton's stronger gravity.

thats exactly what i said a before

GODOFALL1
YOU GUYS ARE FUNNY! big grin

redcaped
Talking about reverse effect? It would never be the same, Krypton is SO boring! Lucky Kal-El.

Bushwacker
Originally posted by GODOFALL1
YOU GUYS ARE FUNNY! big grin

Agreed!! big grin

OB1-adobe
Techinally from what I "think" I remember from all of the earth science courses I had in college:

1. Life or photosynthesis cannot occur without yellow or (white) sunlight

2. Life cannot exist without water

redcaped
Talking about our lives not theirs. No one has seen Superman's blood cause Doomsday should never had occur. Rather than water there are other elements on Krypton and for that his body was able to evolve.

golem370
What about Krypton Gravity

Bazrox
You forgot to take into acount the specific incident that altered Zod's body. A red sun has been shown to not have any effects on humans ithin DC Earth.

According to the new Birthright continuity, Earth only has 3% of Krypton's gravity. In other words, normal humans would die quickly and horribly should they ever get to Krypton. Unless the story requires it.

Magee
As already stated, if a human set foot on krypton they would be crushed under the own weight of their hair wink

Bazrox
Just wanted to give golem370 an answer. And if anything, it'll probably be a nasty full bidied implosion of salsa-like proportions. big grin

Fanboy
Originally posted by Magee
As already stated, if a human set foot on krypton they would be crushed under the own weight of their hair wink

Well there is a special machine that was shown in Last son of earth where Clark was in so his body could be used to the krypton atmosphere.

dionymnia
Originally posted by Fanboy
Well there is a special machine that was shown in Last son of earth where Clark was in so his body could be used to the krypton atmosphere.

As I mentioned earlier:

Originally posted by dionymnia

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.