Thanos vs Apocolypse with Power Cosmic!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Crease
Galactus gives Apoc the means to rule earth in exchange for a thousand years of servitude as his herald. Thanos (bored)sees the new "herald Apoc as a challenge and challenges him to a fight to the death...

Considering Apoc's already considerable powers, I think this is a great matchup. Who wins?

illadelph12
Just to get this off the ground, I'll play Devil's Advocate and say Apocalypse would win.

If Apocalypse has the Power Cosmic, as well as his own inherrent powers and Celestial Armor, he'd probably be Thanos's equal, at the least.

Being imbued with the Power Cosmic would rectify his weakness of being attacked at an atomic level, as well as give him the full spectrum of energies to attack with. Apoc's speed would be increased to hyperspace level. His teleportation would more than likely be interstellar as well, just as Thanos's is. Not to mention his mass, density and shape shifting abilities.

I really don't see what Thanos would be able to do to harm Apocalypse.

He already has a very high degree of invulnerability to psionics in his normal state (so long as his essence is firmly embedded into his physical body), and that ability bolstered by the PC would make it even more difficult to effect his mind.

Physically, it's already near impossible to harm him, and he casually choked out the Hulk. Amped with the Power Cosmic, it would be far, far worse.

I might even go so far as to say Apocalypse with the PC would put him past the level he would have been at if he were allowed to complete his scheme in "The Twelve" storyline, which would have put him at Celestial level (presumably, and more than likely hyperbole, for the story). I'd say the Silver Surfer's powers would possibly equal, if not surpass, the combined powers of Professor X, Cyclops, Jean Grey, Storm, Iceman, Sunfire, Polaris, Cable, Bishop, Mikhail Rasputin, Living Monolith, and Magneto (excluding the Phoenix Force, and simply using Jean Grey's TK abilities, not her "manifestation as God's power of creation" abilities. At the time of the Twelve Storyline, Marvel hadn't completely lost it's mind yet). Surfer, alone, can do everthing these characters abilities can do, save turning into a living planet like Monolith, and then some.

Apocalypse with the PC would basically be equal to Thanos, with the added abilities of being a techno-organic metamorph. And given that Apoc, unlike like Surfer, doesn't have the "failings" of being a pacifist, he'd be all out merciless with that much power.

I'd take Apoc.

6/10.

He's not a jobber on the forums.

UltimateIronman
some smashin and thanos is dead! rolling on floor laughing Happy Dance rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing Happy Dance rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing Happy Dance rolling on floor laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.