Thanos vs Lobo

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

id369
Ok this is base level Thanos vs Lobo with his cloneing powers.
smokin'

golem370
He still has vast cosmic powers and was able to defeat Silver Surfer that IMO means Lobo goes down with a pretty good fight.

long pig
Clone powers means millions of Lobos with Superman strength and above Hulk healing.

You'd have to be way above Thanos to handle that.

golem370
Teleportation lol

long pig
What's that going to do?

When does Thanos get the chance to get his teleportation gear.

id369
Originally posted by long pig
Clone powers means millions of Lobos with Superman strength and above Hulk healing.

Yes This is what I want to know how what can thanos do against Hundreds of Lobo clones that have Super strength and Hulk Healing.

DrDoom101
Is this the lobo that replicates himself whenever he gets injured?

jinzin
What's that going to do?

When does Thanos get the chance to get his teleportation gear.

he doesn't need teleportation gear confused

he can literally BLINK lobo into the next universe...

golem370
How about Thanos gets all of his clones?

jinzin
thanos HAS clones? What the f**k?

DrDoom101
LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO!!!!! THANOS? CLONES? I think you mixed up thanos with lobo. Lobo is the one who can clone himself if he gets injured.

Lucid Lui
No, Thanos does have clones. One was twice as powerful as Galactus...

Beyonder

Millions? I doubt Lobo has that much blood to spill. And Thanos ain't stop, nor is Lobo that kind that hide his secret. Both are cocky, but Lobo is cockier.

Snapping Lobo's neck ain't going to spill any blood. Lobo wins if he can get enough clones before Thanos can put Lobo down.

long pig
Originally posted by jinzin
he doesn't need teleportation gear confused

he can literally BLINK lobo into the next universe...
When has Thanos teleported anyone without tech?

id369
Yes this is Lobo with his one drop of blodd = Lobo exact Lobo clone.

In a strait up brawl I dont see Thanos wining. I give it to Lobo 7/10.

But with all of Thanos personal base level no preptime abilities what can he do agianst Lobo.?

I want to hear a solid arguement and not mindless spaming.

DrDoom101

good question...

long pig
Snapping Lobo's neck will just piss him off for 2 seconds until it heals back. Then, Lobo bites himself and there's a hundred more Lobos.

You don't think Lobo has a million drops of blood, when he can basically remake as much blood as he wants with his above-Hulk regeneration?

Thanos can't do anything here other than teleport Lobo away before the fight starts. Which I don't think he can do without tech.

jinzin

off the top of my head silver surfer.. ummmm 90.. something.. crap I don't remember the number of the issue.. but champion comes in raising hell about how he's going to crush thanos.. thanos simply says "go way" and chapion ends up in another universe...

Beyonder
When has Thanos teleported anyone without tech? ..

What does that matter? Thanos has always used tech. It'd be the same as asking when has Batman used Batrang or knock out gas.

Thanos pushes buttons on his utility belt like Batman does. It's part of his character and suit.

long pig
Yes, and he used tech. From his teleportation chair, I think.

I don't think Thanos can teleport without tech.

long pig
Originally posted by Beyonder

What does that matter? Thanos has always used tech. It'd be the same as asking when has Batman used Batrang or knock out gas.

Thanos pushes buttons on his utility belt like Batman does. It's part of his character and suit.
So, since Thanos gets equipment, so does Lobo?

Lobo just teleports Thanos away with a button on his motorcycle. He used it on fatman.

jinzin

he used his chair? hm go figure...

can he control the chair with his mind or something because in that scene he never moves a muscle.. well xcept his jaw.

id369

Beyonder

You don't think Lobo has a million drops of blood, when he can basically remake as much blood as he wants with his above-Hulk regeneration?

No. You through million around is if it were some number. He'll run out of blood before he gets to a million.

I highly doubt Lobo drains himself dry right at the immediate beginning. He'll pull out a few clones and have fun with Thanos, but he ain't pulling out everything on Thanos off the bat.

Beyonder

id369
No. You through million around is if it were some number. He'll run out of blood before he gets to a million.

I highly doubt Lobo drains himself dry right at the immediate beginning. He'll pull out a few clones and have fun with Thanos, but he ain't pulling out everything on Thanos off the bat.

Ok lets not argue wethier Thanos has his tech, or if Lobo can pull of a mill Clones of the bat.

This is a match with Lobo and Thanos NO TECH, NO PREP TIME, Just the two on an empty planet with thier base level strength.

long pig
His chair. Which he used to teleport Champion away.

No he won't.
He remakes blood as fast as he loses it.

Why not?

Beyonder

No he won't.
He remakes blood as fast as he loses it.

Why not?

Ever seen him pull off that million clone feat off the bat? Plus that's not Lobo's style. He talk sh!t about you first and all that. Pulling out so many clones leaves him least time to fight with Thanos. He ain't the kind that shy away from battle a good fight.

long pig
That's true, but I was just thinking of the best way to end it quickly.

I don't normally consider CIS in these fights. I just think bloodlusted.

Beyonder
That's true, but I was just thinking of the best way to end it quickly.

I don't normally consider CIS in these fights. I just think bloodlusted.

Bloodlusted would mean Lobo trying to cut his throat and bleed as much as possible. Thanos, on the other hand, would go for head on full blast and beatdown.

It then comes down to whether Thanos puts down Lobo first or Lobo gets enough blood turned clones to take out Thanos.

Now, can Lobo's blood be burnt by cosmic blast and thus not form into clones? How fast is the clonning anyhow?

long pig
Lobo's blood can be burnt by an outpouring of immense power, but that's not very important.

Lobo's durability is nearly Thanos Level himself, same with strength and speed & intelligence, believe it or not.
The cloning was nearly instantaneous.

I mean, we are talking about Lobo from his series where he has clone powers, where he's damn near skyfather by himself. Thanos can't win this.

Beyonder

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v48/martel/Tyrant-33.jpg

Sir Whirlysplat
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v48/martel/Tyrant-33.jpg

1 Lobo beat up heaven and hell smile your point is?

long pig
Eh?
What does that have anything to do with teleporting someone away?

Beyonder
Originally posted by Sir Whirlysplat
1 Lobo beat up heaven and hell smile your point is?

1. Superman > Heaven. or 2. DC Heaven is weak. Unless Michael couldn't stop him, what did Lobo really accomplish? Title isn't always everything Whirly, you should now that.

White Crown for instance.

Beyonder
Eh?
What does that have anything to do with teleporting someone away?

Same way Nightcrawler teleports someone with him.

id369
From the sounds of it, i don't think Lobo could harm Thanos.

Your talking about a guy who Brawled in a straight fight with Odin (the Skyfather, not any shitty version). Tanked Galactus's full power, took a point blank shot from Beyonder (which Destroyed a City)
In the silver surfer comics, the same scenario was palyed out, Thano in his rage beat the crap out of the Silver Surfer with very little effort.

We are also taking about a guy who labotomized beyonder(another thing that couldn't die, Thanos delt with it) and has a Herald of Galactus as a slave. He also posseses very good teleportation technology if lobo starts cloning and he gets in a bad situation, he can port to another diamention to regroup and come up with a plan (Send his fleet to Destroy the Planet Lobo is on, then push him into a sun or something)

His teleporting abilitys can also target others not just himself, for instance when champion came back for revenege against thanos, thanos just teleported him to another dimention instead of dealing with him because he couldn't be asked with it.

sam_drugbringer
I see this playing out a lot like neo vs smiths.

Thanos can keep geting rid of them, but lobo will just keep coming.

That said, I think thanos could figure out a way to get rid of them, like drop them in a big hole or something

Thanos 7/10

id369
Originally posted by sam_drugbringer

That said, I think thanos could figure out a way to get rid of them, like drop them in a big hole or something

Thanos 7/10

lol you do remember how Matrix 3 ended right?

and exactly how will Thanos place him in a big hole? Its not like his mindless fighter.

Beyonder
Originally posted by id369
lol you do remember how Matrix 3 ended right?

and exactly how will Thanos place him in a big hole? Its not like his mindless fighter.

The same way he put a hole (literally) into a clone that was much more powerful (stated by both Thanos & the clones creator, the Magus).

id369
The same way he put a hole (literally) into a clone that was much more powerful (stated by both Thanos & the clones creator, the Magus).

Yes Neo put himself in the clone and exploded killing the himself in the process. Dont tell me Thanos is going to do the same? rolling on floor laughing

sam_drugbringer
I was talking about neo vs smith in Reloaded, not revolutions.

Juntai
The only way to "beat" lobo, is to get him to leave. lol.
You can't really stay and expect to fight him.
Especially if you consider Lobo in his own comic line.

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by sam_drugbringer

Thanos 7/10

Lobos greatest hits is based on him using black holes to travel - Lobo loves black holes. smile

yahman
Originally posted by Sir Whirlysplat
Lobos greatest hits is based on him using black holes to travel - Lobo loves black holes. smile

Pre / Post Crisis ? smile

Warmonger
Uhm Lobo is pretty much a cartoon character meanin g his powers pretty much fluctuated as far as the author though was funny.

One thing everyone is forgetting is that the Lobo clones hate each other and they would all be trying to kill each ohter more than Thanos simply because Lobo can't stand the thought of another Lobo.

long pig
Lobo killed Odin. Heh...

cheldon
lobo loses

id369
Originally posted by Warmonger
Uhm Lobo is pretty much a cartoon character meanin g his powers pretty much fluctuated as far as the author though was funny.

One thing everyone is forgetting is that the Lobo clones hate each other and they would all be trying to kill each ohter more than Thanos simply because Lobo can't stand the thought of another Lobo.

yes but you forget they first take care of buiness (Foes like Thanos) Before they get into each other neck's.

Juntai
yes but you forget they first take care of buiness (Foes like Thanos) Before they get into each other neck's. Yep, they solve the problem, then Lobo kills all the clones.

id369
You know what when I started the fight I was leaning in favor of thanos

6/10..........................

but know I give 5/10 it can go either way.

long pig
Not really, I don't see how Thanos can win.

Yes, the Lobos don't like each other, but they hate everyone else even more. They'll 100% fight Thanos before they fight each other.

Since we are using the Clone ability Lobo, we must be using the series Lobo. Who has displayed basically limitless strength and around Thanos level durability. He has ran around worlds in seconds and jumped through blackholes without strain.

He can't be hurt by mental attacks.

What exactly can Thanos....or anyone do here?

Warmonger
Not really, I don't see how Thanos can win.

Yes, the Lobos don't like each other, but they hate everyone else even more. They'll 100% fight Thanos before they fight each other.

Since we are using the Clone ability Lobo, we must be using the series Lobo. Who has displayed basically limitless strength and around Thanos level durability. He has ran around worlds in seconds and jumped through blackholes without strain.

He can't be hurt by mental attacks.

What exactly can Thanos....or anyone do here?

Its why I said that Lobo is pretty much a cartoon character because his powers were so silly during his own comic book run but when he gets put into a more reasoable comic he doesn't do nearly as well. Super man upercutted him into orbit. Hell he couldn't even move Darkseid when tried to fight him. If this is his own book then yeah he is pretty mcuh as unkillable as Bugs Bunny.

Juntai
Lobo also became immune to magic more recently, in the series where the kids and adults... switched ages... Lobo was pissed when he got changed into a kid, but they couldn't change him back.. He did it eventually though, likely through the clone and kill process.

And he has the clone ability CURRENTLY.
It's still in his powerset, as seen in Our World's at War.
It's also likely he used it in fighting the Shiar empire in JLA/Avengers.

A Lobo clone also joined Young Justice, for a short time.

golem370
I don't know how many or how powerful they were but Thanos did defeat the Marvel Universe's most dangerous Army with relative no problem. As a matter of fact Thanos is so ruthless he had killed millions of people just to please Death

wolverine8888
Lobo killed Odin. Heh...

odin could kill a 1000 lobos no problem

id369
Originally posted by golem370
I don't know how many or how powerful they were but Thanos did defeat the Marvel Universe's most dangerous Army with relative no problem. As a matter of fact Thanos is so ruthless he had killed millions of people just to please Death

Yes Thanos killed of his kind with a missle. But One still lived.

Lobo did the same thing. In a sience expeirment at school, he felt he wanted to be unique and give himself an A. So he made a virus that killed "All" of his kind and injected himself with the only cure. If that is not cold blooded and ruthless I dont know what is.

Thanos has a chance of survivel if he convince Lobo he is a space dolphine.

id369
looks arund kicks the thread back to life

bump

dvampire
Originally posted by wolverine8888
odin could kill a 1000 lobos no problem

I don't think so. confused Odin had trouble putting Thanos down, a 1000 Lobos is way to much for him. smile

King KAM
Thanos would K.O lobo, and then contain him.

dvampire
Originally posted by King KAM
Thanos would K.O lobo, and then contain him.

How? Lobo isn't easy to put down.

King KAM
Originally posted by dvampire
How? Lobo isn't easy to put down. niether is thanos

dvampire
Originally posted by King KAM
niether is thanos

Glad we agreed on something! big grin

long pig
Original Lobo was unbeatable. He wasn't a character who created chaos, he was something of an abstract maker of Chaos. An idea of Chaos. He was the created to tip the balance for chaos anywhere that good was the majority.

Hell, even in the new Authority vs Lobo comic, they called him the personification of the idea of Chaos. They said you can't actually -beat- him, just get him to leave. He beat down the Authority until they decided to trick him into leaving by saying they'd tell everyone about a certain subject that would ruin his rep.

DC continuity Lobo was Capitan Marvel level, and would LOSE hard against Thanos. But, we aren't using that Lobo.

Thanos fought the 'Bo, and the 'Bo won!

Laminator_X

The Eternals of Earth can all teleport, and Thanos mostly inherited those powers from his father Mentor. He's never demonstrated the flight/levitation/gravity powers, but he's pretty much done the rest at one time or another.

The Eternals teleportation is at best very uncomfortable and at worst quite painful, depending on the distance involved and the skill of the Eternal in question. If I had to guess, I'd say he has the teleportation powers, but generally relies on his tech for it's superior range and for the fact that it doesn't tax him physically. This synchs with what we've been shown. Sometimes he reaches for his belt or his chair or whatever, and sometimes he just goes.

blind faith
bump

Thanos_THOTU
Ok this is base level Thanos vs Lobo with his cloneing powers.
smokin'
I belive that Lobo punched Darkseid (in the face) and broke his hand...
Thanos is Marvel's version of Darkseid.
But both are immortal so... a draw.

Inhuman
Thanos just turns lobo to stone. End fight.

Thanos_1971
big grin

RUNMAN
stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.