Alderaan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Captain REX
Do you think we'll see the planet that gets blown to pieces before it gets blown to pieces? Leia grew up there ya know, and GL wouldn't just have a planet blown up and us not know about it's inhabitants at all, no information whatsoever except EU. Then we have Bail Organa. What about him? GL will probably expand upon the character, because he's Leia's "father".

And Alderaan was part of the Clone Wars. In EU and the movies, the people of Alderaan put a ban on weapons after the Clone Wars.

"Alderaan is a peaceful planet, we have no weapons!"
--Princess Leia, Episode IV, A New Hope

greedo
I hope that they do spend some time exploring the early lifes of the twins but I'll bet the movie ends with Obi-wan taking the newborns to their adoptive parents and we can fill in the blanks...right George. I hope they do show Alderaan I hear it was beautiful there in the summer.

LaurenE147
I think they owe Alderaan at least that much since they gave it such a quick death in ANH.

Captain REX
From the concept art book I have (which has a fully dedicated Alderaan section), it says that Alderaan is completely unpoluted, no hints of Global Warming whatsoever. The University of Aldera was were some of the top political minds of the New Republic were taught before Alderaan was blasted, like Mon Mothma and Princess Leia herself. Some of the cities are stored under LARGE sheets of durasteel glass that covers the surface, or are underground in large crevaces. There are flying hotels which use a technology of sublight engines that keeps the air clean and has no polution.

greedo
Here is a picture I found of Alderaan so everyone can see how nice it looks...

http://www.thestarwarsgalaxy.com/alderaan.jpg

greedo
A little more about Alderaan. Some character pics also shots of the destruction of Alderaan...wish you could post images here...

http://bailorgana.thejedi.com/Organa/Alderaan.htm

Captain REX
Well, that first one is the University of Aldera. It was originally going to be General Skywalker's base.

LanceWindu
And from the looks of that first pic the buildings of Alderaan will fit nicely into the PT movies.

finti
Still the only picture that count thoug is the ones of Alderaan blowing up

yerssot
It's not obligated to show it

Julie
I do think that we will see Alderaan, but I'm not sure it will have a major role....I'm leaning more towards a tantalizingly short role for the planet wink

LanceWindu
Like seeing it from space???

Julie
Yeah something like that........

Captain REX
that would suck. sad

LanceWindu
But it very well may be the truth.

LaurenE147
I think we'll at least see Obi-Wan or Padme dropping Leia off with Bail on Alderaan.

Captain REX
There are reasons why Alderaan could appear during Episode III:

--Leia is sent there to hide
--Bail Organa, Leia's "father" lives there
--Alderaan's ppl put a ban on weapons when the Clone Wars ended
--Alderaan was ravished and wounded during the Clone Wars (thus the one above occured)
--Obi-Wan Kenobi was a General under the leadership of Bail Organa
--It would suck to invent a planet just to blow it up

I think GL should expand on it at least a little.

yerssot
and #3 and 4 are EU

Julie
True, but the other reasonse are valid....I think that we'll see something of Alderaan.....as to the last of Capt Rex's comments....originally George Lucas probably did invent Alderaan just to blow it up

yerssot
it's not because ob1 is a general and under the service of Bail that we will see Alderaan, I think ob1 just serve the loyalist party were Bail is one of the leaders of

Julie
...of what????

Ushgarak
He said it. Bail is one of the leaders of the loyalist movement.

Julie
oh I see...he used very bad grammar

yerssot
Thank you, your highness roll eyes (sarcastic) stick out tongue

LaurenE147
I am Her Highness. She is my advisor

yerssot
ow crap!

I'm sorry your highness

LaurenE147
No problem, court jester.

queeq
I like the bells on his hat.

Captain REX
*flicks one of the bells*

Hey, can I be the knight in shining armor? big grin

queeq
Nope.

Julie
The adviser asks why not

finti
we all know why not

Julie
please do enlighten us.....

finti
its Rex, no more word do I require already told you want you need to know

Julie
why aren't you speaking normally?

MarioX
Originally posted by Captain REX
Do you think we'll see the planet that gets blown to pieces before it gets blown to pieces? Leia grew up there ya know, and GL wouldn't just have a planet blown up and us not know about it's inhabitants at all, no information whatsoever except EU. Then we have Bail Organa. What about him? GL will probably expand upon the character, because he's Leia's "father".

And Alderaan was part of the Clone Wars. In EU and the movies, the people of Alderaan put a ban on weapons after the Clone Wars.

"Alderaan is a peaceful planet, we have no weapons!"
--Princess Leia, Episode IV, A New Hope Yep, we ended up seeing it. It was really beautiful, wish I could go there smile

tpaquin
thank you for pointlessly flooding this thread with yet another useless topic.

Dresta
marioX y the hell did u continue a thread that hasn't been used for two years you dumbass

ZoSo
I'm gonna' quote our all-time favourite smuggler:
"Where did you dig up that old fossil?"

Darth Travizzle
i really don't care.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.