Serious SW Dogfight

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ianus
ROTJ Luke Skywalker and ROTS Anakin are in their respective rides (And X-Wing and a Jedi Starfighter).

However, they're being chased by crack crews in the Falcon (Han, Lando, Chewie and the Sullustan from ROTJ... whatever his name is.) and the Ebon Hawk (Atton, Carth, Revan and the Exile)

Can they survive?

Great Vengeance
Originally posted by Ianus
ROTJ Luke Skywalker and ROTS Anakin are in their respective rides (And X-Wing and a Jedi Starfighter).

However, they're being chased by crack crews in the Falcon (Han, Lando, Chewie and the Sullustan from ROTJ... whatever his name is.) and the Ebon Hawk (Atton, Carth, Revan and the Exile)

Can they survive?

No because the Falcon and Ebon Hawk are vastly superior craft, plus theres the han solo factor.

The Creator
They get crushed.

Ballister
The Jedi duo would get blasted up in like nine seconds. (I dunno where I got nine from)

Ianus
Whole nine yards?

IKC
Both of those ships are freighters, not starfighters, and one is ancient in comparison to Anakin's and Luke's ships.

Anakin and Luke simply speed away in their faster, more maneuverable craft.

Luke Is Better
the falcon could probably do this alone but they might have alittle trouble with anakin.

Ballister
Whole nine yards?

*Shrugs* I unno. Maybe?

Darth_Glentract
The Ebon Hawk would die, it's not that good of a ship compared to the Falcon or an X-wing. The Falcon would take them though, since it get some serious upgrades later on(NJO, DN).

IKC
Yes, but I doubt its subspace speed can compete with that of a starfighter's. The question was whether Anakin and Luke could survive, so if they run they can.

Great Vengeance
Originally posted by IKC
Yes, but I doubt its subspace speed can compete with that of a starfighter's. The question was whether Anakin and Luke could survive, so if they run they can.

The falcon can outrun any ship in the galaxy, as said by Han himself.

Ianus
That's hyperbole.

IKC
In hyperspace it can. Not in subspace.

Darth_Glentract
They aren't in hyperspace though.

It actually isn't a hyperbole, Janus. The only ship that was faster(the Jabitha) was dead(it was Anakin's living ship).

Great Vengeance
That's hyperbole.

Glentract owned you before I could get around to it..

IKC
That's exactly my point, Glentract. Luke and Anakin simply fly away in their faster ships, therefore they survive, therfore they win.

Ianus
Glentract owned me? No, I was saying the MF isn't the fastest ship in the galaxy, as you suggested.

http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/9463/arnoldstfu6gd.jpg

Great Vengeance
Glentract owned me? No, I was saying the MF isn't the fastest ship in the galaxy, as you suggested.

http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/9463/arnoldstfu6gd.jpg

And glentract pointed out why it was.

http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/warner_brothers/harry_potter_and_the_goblet_of_fire/daniel_radcliffe/goblet10.jpg

Darth_Glentract
Originally posted by IKC
That's exactly my point, Glentract. Luke and Anakin simply fly away in their faster ships, therefore they survive, therfore they win.

Not really. The Falcon does have a tractor beam, allowing it to latch on to either ship. The Falcon is also almost as fast as either ship. It would definitely take one, both if it gets lucky.

Ianus
Here's what SW.com has to say about Anakin's Starfighter.

The Clone Wars were a trying time for Anakin Skywalker, as he faced ceaseless warfare on scattered worlds while struggling to keep his marriage a secret, and chafing under the restrictions of the Jedi order. He found escape in his childhood love of flight, and in the simple joy of tinkering with machinery. The end result of these two passions was a heavily modified starfighter exclusive to the Chosen One.
Anakin's starfighter began as a standard Delta-7 Aethersprite that he extensively customized to suit his demanding tastes for speed and control. With four Taim & Bak laser cannons bracketing each wingtip and a proton torpedo launcher along the ship's dorsal centerline, the speedy combat vessel had greater firepower than the standard fighter. Anakin's fighter underwent numerous modifications in its lifetime, meaning that its performance varied depending on its latest features or what tricked-out power plant it sported.

Obi-Wan Kenobi was concerned that his Padawan was regarding this special project as a possession -- something frowned upon by the Jedi order. Jedi Master Saesee Tiin, a skilled starfighter pilot, encouraged the young man to keep pushing the fighter's limits, since he hoped to see the improvements pioneered by Skywalker integrated into the next generation of Jedi starfighter. Despite the Jedi mandate of severing all ties to his previous life, Anakin raised a few concerned eyebrows by including a paint scheme similar to the one used in his beloved Podracer.

Since the varied campaigns of the Clone Wars saw atmospheric combat as well as spaceflight, Anakin incorporated articulated stabilizer foils to assist in maneuverability. The main vectored thrusters included articulated mounts that allowed for greater aerial agility. Perhaps his boldest addition was a pair of TransGalMeg hyperdrive thrusters that gave his starfighter limited hyperspace capability.

Ianus
The X-Wing

The Incom T-65 X-wing starfighter has become a symbol of the Rebellion's starfighter corps. Pressed into service time and again, the typical Alliance X-wing shows the scars from previous engagements, though the fact that it still performs as an advanced vessel of space superiority is indication of the ruggedness of the craft.
The sleek fuselage of the X-wing starfighter is 12.5 meters long. The long, narrow spaceframe is flanked in the aft quarter by four massive realspace engines. Each engine has an aerodynamic S-foil mounted on it. The wings not only serve as stabilizer surfaces in air travel, but also distribute deflector shield energy and serve as weapons mounts. The surface of each S-foil bears squadron and fighter markings.

Located midway through the ship is the X-wing's cockpit module. Behind the X-wing's cockpit is an astromech socket. The astromech droid provides astrogation data for the fighter's hyperdrives, and serves as a co-pilot and technician during flight. Three landing gears extend when the fighter is docked.

Ianus
The MF:

A legendary starship despite its humble origins and deceptively dilapidated exterior, the Millennium Falcon has factored into some of the Rebel Alliance's greatest victories over the Empire. On the surface, the Falcon looks like any other Corellian freighter, with a saucer-shaped primary hull, a pair of forward cargo-gripping mandibles, and a cylindrical cockpit mounted to the ship's side.
Beneath its hull, though, the Falcon packs many powerful secrets. Its owners made "special modifications" on the freighter, boosting its speed, shielding and performance to downright illegal levels. Its weaponry has been upgraded to military-class quad laser turrets. To cover rapid escapes, the Falcon sports a ventrally mounted hatch-concealed antipersonnel repeating laser. Between its forward mandibles rest concussion missile launchers. The habitable interior of the vessel also has a few surprises, such as concealed scanner-proof smuggling compartments.

The Falcon pays a heavy price for its augmented performance, though. It is extremely recalcitrant and often unpredictable. Its reconditioned hyperdrive often fails. Its current captain, Han Solo, has even been seen to restart a failed ignition sequence with a hard rap on the bulkhead with his fist.

A vessel employed in the shady fringe business of smuggling, the Falcon was owned by Lando Calrissian before Solo won it in a heated sabacc game. Under Solo's command, the Falcon became a famous starship, completing the Kessel Run at unprecedented speeds. Solo and his first mate Chewbacca maintained the Falcon, constantly modifying and tinkering with it, coaxing the maximum speed from the ship.

This speed became quite useful as Solo and Chewbacca were drawn deeper into the Rebel cause, and the Falcon began flying missions for the Alliance. It was the Falcon that provided covering fire for Luke Skywalker's final attack run on the first Death Star. The Falcon became Princess Leia Organa's escape transport during the Battle of Hoth. During the decisive Battle of Endor, the Falcon flew point for the Alliance Fleet. Under Lando Calrissian's command, it soared into the heart of the incomplete Death Star, and delivered a missile volley that helped seal the Empire's fate.

Ianus
And the Ebon Hawk. No specs, but some would be appreciated by whomever can procure them.

Thousands of years ago, the Ebon Hawk became legendary in smuggling circles. It spent most of its operational life being used to shuttle goods for Davik Kang, the Taris underworld boss during the Mandalorian Wars. Through careful piloting and a ridiculously overpowered drive system, the ship was able to outrun Republic and Sith patrols alike, making deliveries to numerous shady characters along the galactic rim. Davik would joke that it was the best thing he had ever stolen, and for the number of times it saved his life, he had good reason to make the claim.
It's not exactly clear where Davik acquired the Ebon Hawk. The primary systems were modified so many times that the original classification and even the company that built it were hard to determine. It's possible the ship was a developmental prototype from some showroom floor, cobbled together from several different models. Key components are obvious retrofits, from the stolen navigational computers to the uncommonly powerful hyperdrive. A number of smuggler-specific customizations have been made as well, though only Davik knew where or how to access them all.

The interior of the Ebon Hawk is comprised of several sections, including a cockpit, crew quarters, medical center, tactical battlestation, cargo hold, and even a makeshift garage to store swoop bikes and modify equipment. Its weaponry consists of a gunnery station with dual turbolasers, as well as other "secret" armaments.

Ownership of the Ebon Hawk changed hands to the rehabilitated Revan and Carth Onasi after Davik was killed in an altercation following the rescue of Bastila Shan, shortly before Taris was destroyed by Darth Malak's ship, the Leviathan. Revan and crew then used the Ebon Hawk to move from world to world searching for pieces of the missing Star Map.

Great Vengeance
I suppose now it is plain to see MF+EH=complete ownage.

Ballister
blink I'm not going to bother reading any of these posts. They're too technical and long. I'm going to sleep. Hey, how do you prenounce Ianus? Ie-anus, or ee-nus, or something completely different?

Great Vengeance
lol I-anus lol

overlord
Haha. We can only use.. midichlorean count in this case!
Vader is the best pilot of the galaxy!

henniestevens
yes I cant think of somebody defeating anakin in a dogfight. Anakin would waste the ebon hawk and I think even the millenium falcon isn't undefeatable. But when Revan and Exile would disturb Anakins concentration with the force. They would be beated. Luke isn't worth much in this battle. Just a nice decoy.

Darth_Glentract
It's about technology more than piloting skill. The Falcon gets upgraded with capital ship shields(making it nearly invunerable to attacks from a single fighter) and has light, fast tracking, turbolasers.

henniestevens
Anakin could fly right under them while holding his saber outside, wrecking the whole falcon.

Darth_Glentract
No, he couldn't, because he needs air.

IKC
This isn't about destroying either the Ebon Hawk or the Milennium Falcon. The question Ianus posted was could Anakin and Luke survive. I submit that they can because starfighters are consistantly faster than freighters and other larger ships in sublight speed. All they would have to do is set their deflector shields to rear, pull up to full throttle, and dodge lasers until they get out of range.

Ianus
Yes, but does it end there?

Darth_Glentract
Like I said, the Falcon has a tractor beam. It will catch at least one of the ships.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.