Rogue vs Starfire

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LethalFemme
who wins?

Rogue /classic

vs

Starfire

MuffinmanMike
Depends, really. Do we know if Tamaranean physiology is resistant to Rogues powers? We'll assume they are just like humans/mutants in that respect, in that they'd give Rogue superstrength, flight, and starbolts.

Although I'd imagine classic Rogue means flight, class 60, etc.

In a fist fight, we never get a good measure of Korys' strength like we do Rogues, do we? Unless she's near class 60, Rogues got her beat in any brute force contest.

Starbolts won't be a problem after Rogue finds out how to avoid them.

After that, it's just a matter of Rogue getting in close and landing a solid punch.

I say 7/10, Rogue.

freezedoom
Star wins

stormfront13
star should win, she is the strongest titan, so that shpuld mean stronger than rogue she has more expierence than rogue, is faster, stronger, and a waaaaay better fighter, and has a ranged attack. star should win.

ALEMASTER
STAR WOULD WIN BECAUSE SHE'D DRAG ROGUE IN TO SPACE AND KILL HER BECAUSE STAR CAN SURVIVE IN SPACE

WAT ABOUT STAR VS WONDERWOMAN

Blair Wind
Originally posted by stormfront13
star should win, she is the strongest titan, so that shpuld mean stronger than rogue she has more expierence than rogue, is faster, stronger, and a waaaaay better fighter, and has a ranged attack. star should win.

how is being strongest titan equal stronger than rouge?

stormfront13
Originally posted by Blair Wind
how is being strongest titan equal stronger than rouge?

because some of the titans can lift well over 50-60 tons, and that is what rogue can lift.

LethalFemme
Originally posted by ALEMASTER
STAR WOULD WIN BECAUSE SHE'D DRAG ROGUE IN TO SPACE AND KILL HER BECAUSE STAR CAN SURVIVE IN SPACE

WAT ABOUT STAR VS WONDERWOMAN

U don't know how happy i get when someone says something that even i know is false...........................Rogue can survive in space.

MuffinmanMike
Originally posted by LethalFemme
U don't know how happy i get when someone says something that even i know is false...........................Rogue can survive in space.

Yeah, it'd be kind of weak for Ms.Marvels powers to NOT include the ability to survive in space.

sbo
Rogue has beaten energy blasters, she's pretty good at dodging , and only needs to get in close for 1 good hit.

Rogue wins 8/10

RoguePw25
Rogue would win, no doubt about that. Rogue is super strong, the strongest x-men. Not to mention, all she has to do is get touch Starfire and drain her of her power. Battles over there. Starfire doesn't know that Rogue has absorbing powers.

Draco69
It's iffy if Rogue can drain Starfire at all due to her her Tamerian physiology. And Kory's damn resistant to everything so....

Also she possesses a forcefield that would prevent absorption from happening anyway.

Starfire's stronger (she's not Class 60 people :wtfsmile
Starfire's far faster (interstellar flight)
Starfire's a far better fighter (several millenia experience of war)
Starfire wins 9/10

The one being Rogue getting a lucky absorption.

MuffinmanMike
How strong IS Starfire?

Khellendros
QUOTE=5440671]Originally posted by RoguePw25
Rogue would win, no doubt about that. Rogue is super strong, the strongest x-men.
Strongest Xman?? Are we forgetting Colossus here?

Originally posted by MuffinmanMike
How strong IS Starfire?
Actually, Class 60 sounds about right. Maybe 80.

jrodslam
I figured Cyborg was around 75-80. Starfire is stronger than him.

The Ion
Strong enough to go toe to toe with Diana. She absorbs solar energy which she can use to increase any of her abilities (strength, speed, starbolts).

Metalmanx
Originally posted by Draco69
It's iffy if Rogue can drain Starfire at all due to her her Tamerian physiology. And Kory's damn resistant to everything so....

Also she possesses a forcefield that would prevent absorption from happening anyway.

Starfire's stronger (she's not Class 60 people :wtfsmile
Starfire's far faster (interstellar flight)
Starfire's a far better fighter (several millenia experience of war)
Starfire wins 9/10

The one being Rogue getting a lucky absorption.

I agree with Draco. This is the same Starfire that stalemates Wonder Woman.

Wonder Woman, guys and girls.

Rogue is awesome, don't get me wrong (and certainly not anywhere near the strongest X-man, RoguePw25), but Starfire puts her to shame.

Starfire 8.5/10. That 1.5 is if Rogue is somehow able to drain her powers from Star.

RoguePw25
Rogue has absorbed other beings powers before, I'm not sure if she would be able to absorb Starfire's, she probably could but I supposed it's debatable since we'd never get to really see these two fight to see if the absorbing would have any effect.

But I still think that Rogue would win. Even if she couldn't absorb Starfire's powers, she could also absorbs someone else's power then use that against Starfire. Not to mention that Rogue is super strong, allowing her to lift over 100 lbs her own weight. Something like that. She has durability, very good reflexes, endurance, meaning that she can withstand certain type of attacks. She also has a seventh sense, that allows her to react instinctively to danger and home in on specified objects. She got this from permanently absorbing Ms. Marvel. With all of that, I think she would be able to easily beat Starfire.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by RoguePw25
Rogue has absorbed other beings powers before, I'm not sure if she would be able to absorb Starfire's, she probably could but I supposed it's debatable since we'd never get to really see these two fight to see if the absorbing would have any effect.

But I still think that Rogue would win. Even if she couldn't absorb Starfire's powers, she could also absorbs someone else's power then use that against Starfire. Not to mention that Rogue is super strong, allowing her to lift over 100 lbs her own weight. Something like that. She has durability, very good reflexes, endurance, meaning that she can withstand certain type of attacks. She also has a seventh sense, that allows her to react instinctively to danger and home in on specified objects. She got this from permanently absorbing Ms. Marvel. With all of that, I think she would be able to easily beat Starfire.

No offense, RoguePw25, but read your post again. Carefully.

"Not to mention that Rogue is super strong, allowing her to lift over 100 lbs her own weight. Something like that."

Wow. Starfire is totally outclassed here. Rogue can lift 100 lbs.

Okay, seriously. Starfire totally outclasses Rogue. Starfire STALEMATES Wonder Woman. Wonder Freakin Woman.

Wonder Woman or Starfire could literally rip Rogue in half. Don't get me wrong, I love Rogue. But she has no chance here. Star has better, stronger, faster, more endurance, more durability, FAR better fighting skills...

Starfire = Rogue x 50.

Wickerman
Originally posted by Metalmanx

"Not to mention that Rogue is super strong, allowing her to lift over 100 lbs her own weight. Something like that."

Okay, seriously. Starfire totally outclasses Rogue. Starfire STALEMATES Wonder Woman. Wonder Freakin Woman.

Wonder Woman or Starfire could literally rip Rogue in half. Don't get me wrong, I love Rogue. But she has no chance here. Star has better, stronger, faster, more endurance, more durability, FAR better fighting skills...

Starfire = Rogue x 50.

But.....but...Rogue has a southern accent and big boobs cry

roll eyes (sarcastic)
Seriously though, Starfire is way out of Rogue's league

~wickerman~

xmarksthespot
Starfire curbstomps Rogue, then flies off to screw Nightwing... because she can - adding insult to injury.

MuffinmanMike
Originally posted by Wickerman
But.....but...Rogue has a southern accent and big boobs cry

roll eyes (sarcastic)
Seriously though, Starfire is way out of Rogue's league

~wickerman~

Starfire has huge boobs too.

RoguePw25

Starfire = Rogue x 50.

I admit I was a littlle off with the lifting of over 100 lbs or whatever, it's something I read in one of the Marvel books about her powers but I can't find it now. But that's incorrect, sorry.

Don't underestimate Rogue. She was able to recall all of the powers of the people whom she touched over the years. That's pretty heavy stuff. Plus, she's permanelty absorbed Sunfire's powers so now she's able to giving her the ability to ionize matter and transform it into a plasma state meanig she can just fry her enemies and turn them into plasma. Rogue wins.

LethalFemme
luv the sig

RoguePw25
luv the sig

oh thanks! I had a friend make it for me. But I really need to change it, I've had it forever.

LethalFemme
oh thanks! I had a friend make it for me. But I really need to change it, I've had it forever.

i should change mine...........its funny really cause rogue cant touch ppl but having this sig has made ppl wanna touch me.......lol

RoguePw25
i should change mine...........its funny really cause rogue cant touch ppl but having this sig has made ppl wanna touch me.......lol

yeah tell me about it. But your sig is great! Love the bikini! lol I'm sure you've gotten loads of publicity.

DarkCrawler
All that Rogue nowadays has is Sunfire's powers...which wont work on Starfire.

Starfire would win, Classic Rogue or not.

blinkingrogue
rogue is a lot tougher than u think. is ww or even starfire invulnerable t bullets? doesnt ww use bands or something against bullets? rogue can take them singlehandedly if sage jumpstarted her and even with ms marvel she cn take either one of them any day.

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by blinkingrogue
rogue can take them singlehandedly if sage jumpstarted her and even with ms marvel she cn take either one of them any day.

laughing out loud laughinglaughing out loud

Do you even know who Wonder Woman is?

blinkingrogue
yeah i know her. i know that claws can rip her skin... not on rogue!

DarkCrawler
yeah i know her. i know that claws can rip her skin... not on rogue!
laughing out loud

Claws?

Wonder Woman regulary goes toe to toe with SUPERMAN. Do you know who Superman is?

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f95/t362733.html

Read every feat from that link. If you still say that Rogue can defeat Wonder Woman, you need to read them again.

If only Draco would be here to read this...

Juntai
WW would beat Rogue in a single punch before she even knew the fight started.
It would be -that- lopsided.

Mider
i think Starfire wins.

LordKaos
Why can't Rouge absorb Starfire again? Ms. Marvels power derived from Kree DNA and Rouge took those, I thougt she only had trouble absorbing magical and comsic beings.

MuffinmanMike
Originally posted by LordKaos
Why can't Rouge absorb Starfire again? Ms. Marvels power derived from Kree DNA and Rouge took those, I thougt she only had trouble absorbing magical and comsic beings.

We're assuming otherwise considering Starfires abilities include skin-to-skin contact giving her that beings language to a degree of competance(i.e she can converse like a native, but some phrases are, pardon the term, alien to her) that she's have SOME defenses against a race that did what Rogue does.

Besides, even if Rogue did get Starfires powers(even stronger, starbolts, etc.) then that'd be the last fight. Starfire would then go for stomache and chest shots.

LordKaos
? if Rouge can absorb her at all she'd be unconscious and get her ass kicked while she is asleep

BOW DOWN, BOW DOWN, BEFORE THE POWER OF SANTA!
OR BE CRUSHED, BE CRUSHED
BY
HIS JOLLY BOOTS OF DOOM.

MuffinmanMike
Rogue would have to hold onto Starfire a long time in order to completely knock her out.

If anything, Rogue might get a hold of her long enough to reach low class 100 strength.

LordKaos
Not a long time the way Rouges powers work is if she touches you for 60 seconds your out for an hour.

Metalmanx
Actually, they're not always necessarily knocked out when she drains their powers. It really depends on the writers. I've seen characters stay concsious after being drained by her before.

Anyway, Starfire curbstomps her like no one's business.

Tha C-Master
yes

blinkingrogue
yeah and i have read the comic once when the cheetah was ripping her skin easily... and no way is cheetah a match for rogue and ww had a hard time keeping her down.

DarkCrawler
yeah and i have read the comic once when the cheetah was ripping her skin easily... and no way is cheetah a match for rogue and ww had a hard time keeping her down.

Current Cheetah is as fast as Flash. Her claws are imbued with MAGIC. They would tear through Rogue like nothing.

Please...do some research before saying things.

There should be information center for new people...

blinkingrogue
I sincerely doubt they will cut through her do u have proof? i read this comic way back in the 80s entititled savage moon.

Show me proof that cheetah from savage moon could cut rogue and i will concede.

Metalmanx
I sincerely doubt they will cut through her do u have proof? i read this comic way back in the 80s entititled savage moon.

Are you even referring to the same Cheetah that Dark Crawler is talking about? Is Savage Moon a DC comic?

DarkCrawler

What is...Savage Moon? Do you have scans or anything?

http://img252.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ww2143vszoom0tp.jpg

Rogue could not take that and be alive. Wonder Woman is WAY more durable then Rogue.

Also...faster, stronger, smarter, better fighter and more experienced then Rogue...I don't see how Rogue could win at all. Wonder Woman will beat her before she has the chance to touch anything...

blinkingrogue
just look for the issue of wonderwoman titled savage moon and u will see what i mean... also if she is so durable y is she using her wrist bands to deflect bullets instead of just standing there getting hit? rogue has been hit by missiles wiht little to no effect and punched by binary out of the earth and it didnt knock it out... also can your wonder woman beat rogue sage-jumpstarted version in xtreme xmen? i think not.

DarkCrawler
just look for the issue of wonderwoman titled savage moon and u will see what i mean... also if she is so durable y is she using her wrist bands to deflect bullets instead of just standing there getting hit? rogue has been hit by missiles wiht little to no effect and punched by binary out of the earth and it didnt knock it out... also can your wonder woman beat rogue sage-jumpstarted version in xtreme xmen? i think not.

Wonder Woman has actually became more powerful since 80's...

The wrist bands are her trademark...she can survive them, but she has kept doing so for years and is not going to stop it. She can take punches from Superman which are much more worse then bullets.

And show a proof where Rogue has been hit by missiles with no effect...and I recall that Binary only punched her out through mansion roof, no out of Earth...

And when were we talking about Sage-jumpstarted version? I recall that we were talking about Classic Rogue. If you want, we can have Wonder Woman to use her Godwave...which would kill any Rogue incarnation with ease.

Melnorme
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
laughing out loud laughinglaughing out loud

Do you even know who Wonder Woman is?

Actually, that other person is right. Wonder Woman is resistant to "bludgeoning" damage, but "piercing" damage she is not. That's why she has the bracelets.

Jose123
Originally posted by Melnorme
Actually, that other person is right. Wonder Woman is resistant to "bludgeoning" damage, but "piercing" damage she is not. That's why she has the bracelets.

Then she better watch out for Rogue's 15 inch claws

You don't even want to know were they come out of

Or maybe you do you little perverts laughing

DarkCrawler
I think that Draco explained that it was retconned out...not sure though. It would just be logical that surviving fist hundred times more durable then titanium, going at near speed of light, would make her survive bullets.

Melnorme
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
I think that Draco explained that it was retconned out...not sure though. It would just be logical that surviving fist hundred times more durable then titanium, going at near speed of light, would make her survive bullets.

I agree with your logic, and I'd like to see that retconned out too, but I'm just telling you what I've been told. It don't make a whole lotta sense, but it's a comic book, so suspend that disbelief.

blinkingrogue
i suggest u read that issue where rogue is punched by binary way out of orbit and back... she didnt even flinch... rogue was hit by missiles in the issue where it is revealed that nightcrawler is the son of mystique and that he is her stepbrother. It has teh issue where there focused on 3 of them. ALso in an x-man versus xman issue cyclops hit her with "full blast" but it hardly knocked her out. godwave or nnot i still think sage-powered rogue will win.

DarkCrawler
i suggest u read that issue where rogue is punched by binary way out of orbit and back... she didnt even flinch... rogue was hit by missiles in the issue where it is revealed that nightcrawler is the son of mystique and that he is her stepbrother. It has teh issue where there focused on 3 of them. ALso in an x-man versus xman issue cyclops hit her with "full blast" but it hardly knocked her out. godwave or nnot i still think sage-powered rogue will win.

I'm getting the orbit issue...but I have the issue where there is the whole Graydon Creed thing, and I only saw her hit by machine gun fire.

And did Cyclops hit her with anything close to this:

http://img423.imageshack.us/img423/3053/cyclops15qu.th.gif

Because that's Cyclops's full power.

magnuslives
since when was anybody talking about wonder woman? OR sage jumpstarted rogue. on marvel database it says rogue can lift 50 tons and on the top trumps it says her strength is 40- so if 50 tons=40 starfire must be a lot weaker 'cosit says her strength is 28 (thats equal to iceman and archangels strength) which, lets face it, is not that strong

Black Adam
Originally posted by magnuslives
since when was anybody talking about wonder woman? OR sage jumpstarted rogue. on marvel database it says rogue can lift 50 tons and on the top trumps it says her strength is 40- so if 50 tons=40 starfire must be a lot weaker 'cosit says her strength is 28 (thats equal to iceman and archangels strength) which, lets face it, is not that strong

I once heard starfire lifted an aircraft carrier..

don't know if it's true or not.

stormfront13
damn...we really need a starfire respect thread

HandOfFate
Whoa...60 to 80 tons, from what I remember Starfire is not that powerful. Can somebody give me an issue number showing Starfire doing more then 25 tons? confused

Even if you have an issue showing Starfire lift more then 100 tons, it still doesn't mean that Starfire could K.O. Rogue with her strength along. Keep in mind, that Rogue has taken a hit form Binary (who has Class 100 strength levels), which knocked her into orbit and she came back with no problems.

Also Starfire didn't really fight Wonder Woman to a stalemate, a stalemate implies that they both fought to the best of their abilities, which they didn't. If you read the issue again you will see that Wonder Woman was holding back and was about to get into Kory's ass when Dick stopped the fight.

Rogue pretty much wins this one in my opinion. Rogue's strength, reflexes, durability and absorptions ability gives her the edge over Kory.

Draco69
Starfire.

Starfire is stronger. And can make herself even stronger by absorbing energy around her or sunlight.

Starfire is more versatile with her energy projection powers. She can make forcefields and can go nova if necessary.

Starfire is much, much faster. She can go at lightspeed. That's how she got to Earth. She just flew...

Starfire in a curbstomp....

pr1983
Originally posted by Draco69
Starfire.

Starfire is stronger. And can make herself even stronger by absorbing energy around her or sunlight.

Starfire is more versatile with her energy projection powers. She can make forcefields and can go nova if necessary.

Starfire is much, much faster. She can go at lightspeed. That's how she got to Earth. She just flew...

Starfire in a curbstomp....

That's what i was about to say... hmph... stick out tongue

Originally posted by magnuslives

top trumps is not an accurate representation of the powers of alot of heroes...

and also...

every other week cyclops would use a 'full power blast' in the 60s and 70s... and it was what'd be considered a medium level blast nowadays...

magnuslives
Originally posted by pr1983
That's what i was about to say... hmph... stick out tongue

top trumps is not an accurate representation of the powers of alot of heroes...

and also...

every other week cyclops would use a 'full power blast' in the 60s and 70s... and it was what'd be considered a medium level blast nowadays...

whats so bad about top trumps? so i used a source to get some info about them both stick out tongue

the1trufaith
Rogue is hotter so i vote her big grin
B

Grimm22
Rogue would win, no doubt about that. Rogue is super strong, the strongest x-men. Not to mention, all she has to do is get touch Starfire and drain her of her power. Battles over there. Starfire doesn't know that Rogue has absorbing powers.

First..Rouge isnt the strongest of the x-men, not even close no

Second. Read the rules both characters know the powers of the other characters.

Last, Starfire is faster, stronger, more skilled and more powerful than Rouge no expression

This isnt a fight, its a massacere wink

Accel
Originally posted by the1trufaith
Rogue is hotter so i vote her big grin
B
The system works. thumb up

x-men.marvel

Starfire = Rogue x 50.
Rogue powers:

Rogue has superhuman strength class 50-60 tons, super-stamina, durability, reflexes, flight and speed. She was able to repel bullets and missiles, and fly at super-sonic speed(mach 1), in addition, she possessed an amalgamated mutant human/Kree physiology that rendered her resistant to most toxins and poisons, with the added effect of making her virtually invulnerable. Rogue also gained a precognitive "seventh sense" that enables her to predict an enemy's move subconsciously during battle.

StyleTime
Hee hee hee. vin

BlackWind
Hasn't Starfire been stated to be around Wonder Girl level? And hasn't she taken hits from Wonder Woman, before their fight got interrupted? If she fights at a distance, she has the edge in firepower. And she is definitely a better fighter than Rogue.

Leaning to Starfire.

Uriel005
by classic are we talking purely Ms. Marvel or templates Rogue. Templates takes this in a murder stomp.

nwg202
if Rouge has ms marvels powers can she absorb Starfire's star bolts? Has Kory gone light speed in the atmosphere?

Kory is the better fighter and might be stronger though, but if they do go hand to hand, that means rouge might be be able to drain her.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.