nova tv show

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

solmar
I was watching this program on Nova the other day.
It talked about all the distant planets we were discovering similar to earth and what experiments they were planning for them in the future.

They talked about frozen one way trips to out post research facilities and how they already have experiments lined up for each habitable world when found similar to ours to study from it.

The tv show was mainly about colonization but what really caught my interest was what experiment they had planed for planet number seven...

They were experimenting with bonding the microbes living around the deep sea vents to the payload of a deep space missile.
Because the microbes live in such a lifeless and high temperature environment it was believed they could possibly survive space travel and the impact.

Crudely put the plan was to shoot it at a habitable but lifeless world and study the effects.
Hoping that life will take hold there.

I was just wondering if anyone else caught that program.
And what you all think of it. does it sound possible.

Echuu
Sounds interesting. I don't know if I would want to support it so soon though because they are so many more important things in the world that needs money for research/cures and solving. i.e. cancer, aids, poverty.

Sir Whirlysplat
I wish I'd seen it

debbiejo
I'm so bored right now...I wish I'd seen it. blink

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by debbiejo
I'm so bored right now...I wish I'd seen it. blink

Thats what you said to botankus

debbiejo
Originally posted by Sir Whirlysplat
Thats what you said to botankus I don't recall.....can you find that and quote it for me..... big grin laughing out loud

Maybe it was you! rolling on floor laughing

botankus
Alright, let's not get carried away here.

On that note, who's up for a game of Touchie Tag?

debbiejo
Originally posted by botankus
Alright, let's not get carried away here.

On that note, who's up for a game of Touchie Tag? laughing out loud laughing out loud

I'll report you.....NO TOUCHIE!! eek!

Sir Whirlysplat
smile

solmar
hmmm... i wish they hadnt moved this.
it was really about god.

i didnt really see the show. sorry, i made it up to possibily prove a point.

i was just wondering how many ppl would accept the whole idea of technology being close enough to start life on a distant planet and study it but think it inconceivable that that may be our own origins instead of devine creation.

solmar

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by solmar
hmmm... i wish they hadnt moved this.
it was really about god.

i didnt really see the show. sorry, i made it up to possibily prove a point.

i was just wondering how many ppl would accept the whole idea of technology being close enough to start life on a distant planet and study it but think it inconceivable that that may be our own origins instead of devine creation.

solmar

Well given that bacteria from Mars may have started life here anything is possible.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.