Zahn Novels as Movies 7 - 9!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Pondo Booboo
Seeing as episodes seven to nine aren't going to be made now, who would like to see the Tim Zahn novels made into movies now as a sort of surrogate to that?

Heir to the Empire, Dark Force Rising, and The Last Command, I don't see any problem in modifying the story so the actors can be twenty years older than in the first series (rather than, in the novels, ten).

Also, who would you cast in the roles?

I would frigging give ANYTHING to see Mark Hamill in his elder Jedi role again.

Rogue Jedi
nah, i see the new jedi order series as a potential 7,8 and 9. the timothy zahn novels never impressed me much. with the war against the yuzzhan vong, you could easily make 6 more movies.

overlord
No thanks.

Tangible God
The Thrawn Trilogy was amazing, no doubt. But it lacks the oomf needed to pick up the eyes of an audience nowadays. Compared to the movies, there just isn't a lot of action, there's too much talk, and it's a major cliffhanger.

The NJO sucked as novels, but those books were massive in terms of militiristic scale. It's a brand new idea movie-wise and films about them might redeem them in the eyes of fans, if the makers are good enough.

exanda kane
Thing is Tangible, no one could ever make NJO movies good.

overlord
There is just a major difference in writing movie script and writing.. a freaking book!

xyz jedi
Originally posted by overlord
There is just a major difference in writing movie script and writing.. a freaking book! lol

Pondo Booboo
Okay, so we don't all agree on what should be the basis for an EU trilogy should be (I hate EU by the way. The Zahn books are the only ones I have any affection for. I must admit, I haven't read NJO). And perhaps Zahn's do end without the resolution of ROTJ, perhaps they are talky at times. But things can be modified. A novel is a HUGE thing. Even converting a small 200 page novel into a movie requires alot of material to be cut. So I think by the time you've contracted a Zahn book, there'd be plenty of action. Plus, that was the thing I liked about the Thrawn books. Their darker deeper tone and slower pace. It reminded me of parts of Empire. It would be a more mature adventure, which would suit the actors at their age today. I think that's what a cap-off adventure would need, after all the jubilance of the IV - VI. Plus I think Thrawn was the only villain in EU that even held a candle to Vader or Palpatine. I see him being played by a young Ben Cross or Robert Powell.

Ushgarak
If you want to talk about EU movies, do it in the EU section.

A sequel trilogy is something a. different and b. effectively impossible, and there are plenty of threads on the idea.

Closed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.